Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:40 AM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (475604 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2008
Ahh Naveyah you going up North. I live down south in Texas.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ChinenyeN(m): 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2008
Naveyah:

Thanks Chinenye for the warm greeting, oh and I'm moving to America next year. I love it over there.

No problem. Maryland. . . Nice. That's cool.

Onyinye2, kedi?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2008
@Chinenye
O di mma. Been studying more and more.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ifyalways(f): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2008
Tasiana ooooooooooo
Tasiana,Ikomi a luola nwanyi   cheesy cheesy grin
@all,Okenekwa
naveyah,ndeewo.  kiss
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by rampant(f): 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2008
ify ke kwanu

onyinye afugo mu na ina cho imuta igbo ofuma,jisi i'ke

Agabalacious anu me ekene ooooo kedi nwinye gi ibobabe? grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ChinenyeN(m): 2:16am On Aug 10, 2008
onyinye2:

@Chinenye
O di mma. Been studying more and more.

Good, good. I na-agbali.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 2:16am On Aug 10, 2008
Well i think that means, "you are trying" . . . right?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ChinenyeN(m): 2:36am On Aug 10, 2008
Yeah.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 2:39am On Aug 10, 2008
Yes!Yes!Yes! Im making progress. Hopefully by the end of this year, i can possibly hold a conversation.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by presido1: 9:14am On Aug 10, 2008
onyinye2:

Yes!Yes!Yes! I'm making progress. Hopefully by the end of this year, i can possibly hold a conversation.
with me i guess
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ifyalways(f): 10:35am On Aug 10, 2008
presido1:

with me i guess
nsi(shyte) tapukwa gi nika(shorts) gi ebe ahu. angry angry angry
i naghi aka uka?
@all happy sunday na izu uka ohuru.ole ihe bu scores egwu boolu unyaahu?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by agaba123(m): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2008
Rampant

kedu ka I mere. Ibobabe na-akwado nlenle.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2008
Agaba na nwoke (again) embarassed embarassed
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by agaba123(m): 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2008
agaba cannot be with a man
please
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2008
lmao!! sorry, oh gosh!!

I thought nwoke is plural form of woman :women!!
am so sorry
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2008
Naw Ruby, plural for woman is umunwanyi.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by MissyB1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2008
I want to learn Ibo/Igbo too. shocked embarassed
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2008
Missy B:

I want to learn Ibo/Igbo too. shocked embarassed
lol kedu kiss kiss

@Oyinye
I meela, but how do you say it?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2008
Umm well Ruby you say it like this. umu-nwa-ny-i. It is hard to explain.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by agaba123(m): 4:54pm On Aug 10, 2008
Ruby
no problem.

I - you
them  - ha
unu - you(plural)

man = nwoke
men =umunwoke
woman = nwanyi
women = umunwanyi
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by MissyB1(m): 4:54pm On Aug 10, 2008
Rub
Odima tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by agaba123(m): 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2008
nw and ny are compound letters that pronouced together

ny in chi[b]ny[/b]ere or O[b]ny[/b]i[b]ny[/b]e

Nw in [b]nw[/b]a (child)
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2008
agaba, why didn't you use my name as an example? cry or wait never mind, you modified grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2008
agaba123:

Ruby
no problem.

I - you
them - ha
unu - you(plural)

man = nwoke
men =umunwoke
woman = nwanyi
women = umunwanyi

yes yes, but how do you say the nw, kw, etc? is the w silent?

@missy
lol, you tried.

it's O di mma tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by agaba123(m): 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

yes yes, but how do you say the nw, kw, etc? is the w silent?

@missy
lol, you tried.

it's O di mma tongue
kw is pronouced as the q in quote, quasi

Do you know to pronounce Frank [b]NW[/b]eke jnr, the formal Information minister?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2008
no
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2008
Agaba!! angry
Nw = nko? pronunciation
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by agaba123(m): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2008
ok

in nw, the n is pronouced like the 'n' in ~ing
a bit silent not like the 'n' in no

OK as the n in nko but den pronounce it together with 'w'

'nweee''
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2008
agaba123:

ok

in nw, the n is pronouced like the 'n' in ~ing
a bit silent not like the 'n' in no
Yea, that's what I meant by Nko. The N is silent.

Ok, not let's get to bizness. Teacher, what am I learning today?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by agaba123(m): 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Yea, that's what I meant by Nko. The N is silent.

Ok, not let's get to bizness. Teacher, what am I learning today?
look at the correction I made above
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2008
okkk.

Got that in my system.

Can I learn some basic verb words, biko'?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Naveyah(f): 5:40pm On Aug 10, 2008
Lord knows I need a CD to teach me, *sigh*

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.