Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (470108 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2006
ma prmary school was english oooooooooooo, more like fed. school
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2006
@edygirl,i no dey joke.

@hotstepper where do you think I went,umudioka central school?,lol.
I learnt in English too but we had a subject named Igbo lol.
I learnt to read and write Igbo there.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2006
Babyosisi nwayokwa. cool
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2006
gurll, u r funny, nah, u didn't go 2 skool dere but watz wrong in going 2 da skool? lol, yea, we had sumthing called igbo buttttttttt, infact, i can't remember, itz been long tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2006
I remember how it used to be called vernacular.(pronounced vanakula then)
What is even the dictionary interp of vernacular
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2006
ver·nac·u·lar ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vr-nky-lr)
n.
The standard native language of a country or locality.

The everyday language spoken by a people as distinguished from the literary language. See Synonyms at dialect.
A variety of such everyday language specific to a social group or region: the vernaculars of New York City.
The idiom of a particular trade or profession: in the legal vernacular.
An idiomatic word, phrase, or expression.
The common, nonscientific name of a plant or animal.

adj.
Native to or commonly spoken by the members of a particular country or region.
Using the native language of a region, especially as distinct from the literary language: a vernacular poet.
Relating to or expressed in the native language or dialect.
Of or being an indigenous building style using local materials and traditional methods of construction and ornament, especially as distinguished from academic or historical architectural styles.
Occurring or existing in a particular locality; endemic: a vernacular disease.
Relating to or designating the common, nonscientific name of a plant or animal.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2006
Baby where are taking us to now. You don change the topic oo. grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2006
Tufiakwa,how dare I change this topic.
I don do round about turn now now.
back to us.
Igbo Kwezuonu!!! Yaaaaaaaaa.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2006
Ibianunu. grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by OBJ3(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2006
these ibo people sef.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2006
Nwata I na-amachaghari ka mkpuru amu. Nkakwu tabiri gi onu nwata. Asi m egbe dukpo gi anya. shocked
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by OBJ3(m): 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2006
edygirl:

Nwata I na-amachaghari ka mkpuru amu. Nkakwu tabiri gi onu nwata. Asi m egbe dukpo gi anya. grin

zulu grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2006
Igbo ndi oma kwezuonu ooo
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 09, 2006
chei edygirl onye n'amachaghari ka mkpuru amu? OBJ?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2006
OBJ nu. Amadi m ebe o si mana o na-eme k'onaghota ihe anyi na-asu.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 8:13pm On Aug 09, 2006
LMAO!!! GURL!! AINT DAT THA TRUTH?!!! grin

a na'm asuta igbo m ofuma? cool
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by babe1(f): 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2006
All you people that can write igbo, did you take it in school?? I didnt so i can't write it well.!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2006
yup yup, i took it in sch and i was actually the best Igbo student in my class tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by babe1(f): 9:01pm On Aug 09, 2006
Good for you, thats a really good thing to know how to do.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nwanyi n'akwa akwa.
i n'akwa akwa n'okuko yiri akwa
n'elu akwa i kwara akwa di n'elu akwa.

My sister good afthernoon oo, I see you trying to test my Igbo skills grin grin grin. I'm not that good at reading or writing Igbo, some of the unlucky ones like my brothers and sisters grew up with ndi awusa and only traveled home to the east on Chrismas vacations.

I'll try to translate as much as I could though.

Nwanyi--------- Woman.
N'akwa------------Is Sewing.
Akwa--------------dress.

The woman is making a dress tongue tongue tongue. I'm so proud of myself cool cool cool
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 10:54pm On Aug 09, 2006
Zulu my dear, I just dey read your translation with one eye open and laughing my lil ass off. grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by zebudaya(m): 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2006
2fine4u:

hapunu ya aka, onye kwe chi ya ekwena. oburuna osi he's the fairest of them all, am sure his mirror anaghi aturu ya azi Cheesy we all young, fly and Igbo Tongue zeb esiokwu ka ikwuru, we Igbos are blessed!

Nwanne'm nwanyi thank you very much. Ekwerem chim ekwe. cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2006
edygirl:

Zulu my dear, I just dey read your translation with one eye open and laughing my lil ass off. grin

My sister i'm trying o. How are you sef kiss
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 11:44pm On Aug 09, 2006
Just dey as I no dey.

Sorry about your loss hun. Jide obi gi aka. wink
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:34am On Aug 10, 2006
To Zulunation

Nna Zulu nwannem anulu ni lose lu one of your relations na ugwu awusa, nna adikwam very very sorry o, chukwu nalu obiya na ndokwa, obulu na anyi gbasie nbo ike ayin ge nwelu onwe anyi, ka Chineke mezie okwu.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:38am On Aug 10, 2006
Umu igbo please come and see what the power of information can do, some Igbo people from Ikwerre and delta claims they are not Igbos because of lack of information, go through this thread and see how this issue was dealt with, and tell me what you think, there is surely hope for Igbo unity                                                                                                                                       
[url=http://Igbo's Be United {from Ikwere To Kwale} There Is Nothing Like Fake Igbo-Nairaland]Igbo's Be United {from Ikwere To Kwale} There Is Nothing Like Fake Igbo-Nairaland[/url] your views on this issue would be highly appreciated, Igbo kwenu.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by zebudaya(m): 1:36am On Aug 10, 2006
you should have posted the link.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nutter(m): 2:13am On Aug 10, 2006
My dear mother,

I di kwa very happy?

A di kwam very happy

To write this letter to you

Anyone remember this? cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 5:11am On Aug 10, 2006
babe1:

All you people that can write igbo, did you take it in school?? I didnt so i can't write it well.!
i'd answer hun but aint nobody answered ma question!! lol. am gud aint i? :p

a si'm na ana m edeta asusu igbo ofuma akwa ya? o di mma [i]for
onye amuru na amerika undecided lol! cudn't resist using "for" , they aint no word for it in igbo right? that's why they invented Engligbo for citizens like me grin[/i]
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by diddy4(m): 5:14am On Aug 10, 2006
i learnt it in school but sucked in it greatly.

anyway, its all good. onye kporo umudioka ebe a? umudioka di na anambara state?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by babe1(f): 5:36am On Aug 10, 2006
ghettochyk:

i'd answer hun but aint nobody answered ma question!! lol. am good aint i? :p

a si'm na ana m edeta asusu igbo ofuma akwa ya? o di mma [i]for
onye amuru na amerika undecided lol! cudn't resist using "for" , they aint no word for it in igbo right? that's why they invented Engligbo for citizens like me grin[/i]

Yea not bad. Odi e gwu. Omg. Let me not hammer the language.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 5:42am On Aug 10, 2006
thank you!! grin btw: ya s'posed to spell it "egwu" not "e gwu" grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.