Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (470059 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 5:45am On Aug 10, 2006
hey ghettochyk, u said something abt ur peeps comin same place as my peeps so which place is that? onwere ike anyi bu nwanne grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 5:51am On Aug 10, 2006
wutz good?! cool
akwa ya? i ma nga ulo uka ana apka "center" di? o nokemere afia a n'apko "afor"? ok, akwa i ma ebe "junction" di?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 6:03am On Aug 10, 2006
if it's awo-omamma junction, yup ama m ya, odi nso n'ulo anyi.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 7:12am On Aug 10, 2006
Jealousy will kill me here oo cry cry

Do you guys have more links where I can find some Igbo language for dummies
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2006
seriously, am lost, I don't even bother trying to read sef, I just go straight looking for if there are any that is translated, lol
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2006
LOL @ zulu and hotstepper, umunne m. unu choro ka'm mere unu translashun?

@2fine4u

akwa i na asu awo? a gam asuru gi awo! lol.
ngeri wu aha nga ishi? ngeri ka unu n'akpo ya? translation= gini bu aha ebe isi? gini ka unu n'akpo ya?
i wu onye umuokwe?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by naijadiva2(f): 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2006
i hate reading igbo cuz i can't read it. i understand however when spoken. and i hate reading pigdin cuz it hurts my brain even though i can read and understand it. so if you're going to write in either or another language. pls translate cuz my its hurting my brain. thank you very much.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2006
OK shall we say then that anyone who writes Igbo here must to tapia the meaning for the likes of hotstepper,zulu and naija diva?
agreed?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2006
the dialects make it difficult sometimes for others to read and understand.
Not me though.Igbo girl to the core,unless if you speak Afikpo and abakaliki then you've lost me.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2006
I know ehh, because even when I speak igbo, people keeps correcting me because I learnt igbo so i speak as I know and they laugh of their heads and diff. dialects 2, hahahahahaa, even within like Anambra 4 example. towns have their own way of speaking, I think da way nnewi dialect is is soooo sexy, lol, just hear how they say " itz not u am talking 2" or don't mind him/her", diz 2 are da ones I can say and I wish I can write it out but ma igbo is distrubing me really,
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 10, 2006
ndo o
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Efani(m): 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2006
will u teach me??
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2006
I think my own igbo is so easy to read because I type central Igbo so it's shudn't be hard but please tell others to stop typing in their dialect. I couldn't even read them too.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2006
Have you heard it?
2fine and ghettochyk stop typing in Awo omamma junctional dialect!!!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2006
@babyosisi , u r one hilarious chic tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2006
Efani where shall we begin?
At the beginning?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2006
Hotstepper:

@babyosisi , you're one hilarious chic tongue

Thanks dear.Life's too short to walk around with a long face.A good laughter is medicine for the soul.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2006
Efani:

will u teach me??
Efani what you asked in igbo is  I ga-akuziri m?

My anwser=  Yes, A ga m akuziri gi nwanne m. See how you read it, Aaaaaa gam aaakuuziirii gi. The "I" in it should have the same sound as in indomie. ok

Can you read it now?

Translation:

Yes I will teach you my brother.
          A ga m= I will
          akuziri = teach
          gi =you
          nwanne m= m=my and nwanne  my brother ( can also be sister) depending on the gender of the person.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2006
I know gurl, I laugh alot dat ppl think i gat laughing disease, lol
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2006
ghettochyk:

LOL @ zulu and hotstepper, umunne m. unu choro ka'm mere unu translashun?

@2fine4u

akwa i na asu awo? a gam asuru gi awo! lol.
ngeri wu aha nga ishi? ngeri ka unu n'akpo ya? translation= gini bu aha ebe isi? gini ka unu n'akpo ya?
i wu onye umuokwe?

mba nwanne m, amaghi m otu ezi asu awo. buh my dad is good in speakin it. abu m onye umuorji, compound chief Akuechiama.

to all umuada and umuokpara, my apologies oh. i wasn't speakin in my dialect anyway buh it's all good. adikwa m very happy ibia ebe a today to see unu nile all logged on. ndewonu ooo!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2006
ndewoooo!!! 2fine.

bia,edygirl did you study Igbo Igbo BK at the University.
I di too much
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2006
mba nwanne m, amaghi m otu ezi asu awo. buh my dad is good in speakin it. abu m onye umuorji, compound chief Akuechiama.

to all umuada and umuokpara, my apologies oh. i wasn't speakin in my dialect anyway buh it's all good. adikwa m very happy ibia ebe a today to see unu nile all logged on. ndewonu ooo!

ahhahaa, I think I understood this, lemme try translating it

no my sister/brother,  I don't know how to speak awo(am guessing datz another dialect) but my dad is good in speaking it. I am from Umuorji, compound of chief Akuechiama. (i know this family by da way)

To all my sisters and Brothers(I will call umuada and umuokpara that), my apologies ohh, i wasn't speakin in my dialect anyway buh it's all good. I am very happy to be here today to see that all of you are logged on. Am greeting ohhhh, lol
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2006
@edygirl some poor Igbo readers need to come drink from the fountain of your Igborical  riches lol.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2006
Baby thanx, I am trying my best. I didn't study igbo oo. I used to be a lay reader at church when I was 15.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2006
that's good hotstepper u got it right cheesy waoh so u kno my family? that's interesting. how u kno them girl?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2006
where are all the Igbo guys on our thread?
Hopefully working hard,bringing the fat bacon home for his Igbo woman(no akata) lol
Jisie nu ike my brodas.
Na market we come for Obodo Oyibo

Christmas is fast approaching.Mama needs gold earings and necklace to match.
Papa needs you to finish that house ASAP
I need to get back to work,a customer awaits.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2006
10x gurl, I know one family like that that used 2 live at Awka, maybe they still live there
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2006
waoh cool

@babyosisi
i guess our men are seriously bringin the bacon home maybe that's why none of them is here today. mehn i cant wait to go home this xmas
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2006
gurl, letz meet up in 9ja diz xmas, am gonna be dere live tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2006
that's awesome! i'ma let u kno when i leave fo home aite. so we can plan how we will meet, aint that cool?lol
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2006
thank God for this e-reunion for you girls,such a small world.

Does anyone know where I can get cheap tickets to naija this Christmas
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2006
@babyosisi , u will join at da reunion if u make it 2 naija tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.