Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition (37055 Views)

Ways To Know Your Boyfriend Has No Future Ambition / Is Prior Behavior Is A Good Predictor Of Future Behavior? / Nigerian Women And Their Abundance Of Future Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by 50calibre(m): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao @ the bold. These women are blood suckers. grin

I need to start going out there to get their own, we're all equal and there's absolutely no excuse! I laughed hysterically when I saw some simpletons on this thread making excuses for women yesterday. Like seriously, aren't boys and girls raised the same way in naija? If the guys can go out of their way to better their lives and achieve success, why can't the women do the same? Why aren't guys sitting their ar.ses down, and waiting for a rich woman to marry them? Everything about these naija folks defies logic - and most of them think like villagers, to be honest. Those women need to start spending all the money they spend on bleaching cream and fake hair (Nigeria is one of the biggest markets for both products), to better their lives and get proper education.

Lmao @ Safari being bipolar. She's still a kid, and still growing. I guess that's why she's confused. However, if you can sift what she has to say - she's good money.

Loooool wicked!!
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Mzmycoli: 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
LaurelP:

I opened a thread and asked a simple question o "Can ladies attend events without makeup?"
One Mzmycoli girl said my posts are always ladycentric. Tell me, shud it be mencentric b4? I be homo?
She also opened a thread saying dat men are running away from wedding responsibities.

Pot calling kettle black!

Hmmmmm

Tins are happening cheesy

Mizmycoli has seen sometin angry
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Contumely: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
zubis05: Yesterday when I was going to drop my GF at home I asked her this question, "where do you see your self in five years? "...her reply "married with atleast two kids and working" ..something in me died yesterday. This is a girl I actually started liking because of the intelligent convo we had first time we met. A girl who can hold a conversation with you on any topic and intelligently do so too. Maybe I was expecting to hear her talk about a business or a specific career path she would like to follow,sounded to me like she can accept a local govt job(no disrespect to those working there) and move on with her life. I'm still young but I won't lie to you guys,most girls I see now irritate me! Not that they are not beautiful o! They are very beautiful,but you sit down with a girl and she has nothing upstairs to offer? Kai! My recent prayer has been that God will give me a woman that will challenge me to be a better man everyday of my life. I'm talking spiritually,emotionally,financially.physically etc etc. Our girls really need to start aiming higher and stop settling for less!!!
And why did something die in you. Was that answer impolitic or shallow? What would you have had her say?
I think you are unduly smug.

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Contumely: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
zubis05: Yesterday when I was going to drop my GF at home I asked her this question, "where do you see your self in five years? "...her reply "married with atleast two kids and working" ..something in me died yesterday. This is a girl I actually started liking because of the intelligent convo we had first time we met. A girl who can hold a conversation with you on any topic and intelligently do so too. Maybe I was expecting to hear her talk about a business or a specific career path she would like to follow,sounded to me like she can accept a local govt job(no disrespect to those working there) and move on with her life. I'm still young but I won't lie to you guys,most girls I see now irritate me! Not that they are not beautiful o! They are very beautiful,but you sit down with a girl and she has nothing upstairs to offer? Kai! My recent prayer has been that God will give me a woman that will challenge me to be a better man everyday of my life. I'm talking spiritually,emotionally,financially.physically etc etc. Our girls really need to start aiming higher and stop settling for less!!!

And why did something die in you. Was that answer impolitic or shallow? What would you have had her say?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by tpia: 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Contumely:

she said married, kids and working, yet something still died in him.

what a thread, nlers sha, their level is just something else.

most of them are what's known as benchwarmers, (internet version), they simply post to buttress a thread's views and keep it going, not because they actually have thinking faculty or anything meaningful to say.

not like majority of the thread starters are any different btw.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by macof(m): 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
safarigirl:
Nice yarn. I never imagined you sabi things like this.

Most naija women are leeches. I know some girls who say they must marry light skinned because they don't want their children to be too black, others I must marry tall, I must marry rich, handsome...such idiocy grin
When you got nothing to offer than be a nagging pain to such a man

#no offence safarigirl but this is my honest opinion
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Regenerated: 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
lepasharon: Preach sister ! I'm far from what you listed. Infact ,I am not even sure I want to marry and have kids.

Why must my life be so predictable?
This is a nice topic, nice one Op. But i am afraid that this is the kinda meaning some women will read from it!
#no offence intended!
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Regenerated: 10:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
God first,Family follows and then any other thing...

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by marriedvirgin: 1:22am On Sep 24, 2014
Lero15: please, stop being silly.

mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
return to sender
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sheniqua: 1:40am On Sep 24, 2014
To be honest what is wrong with girls desiring to marry men with means sef
don't you people long to have big breasted and big booty girls and some light skinned only
What if a girl has as a requirement a man that is well off ,what is wrong with it?
How can you have requirements and we can't?
Nonsense

I could have never married a short man
Short men put me off
That and men without ambition
Does that make me air headed?
Certainly not
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by heritageglobal(m): 8:40am On Sep 24, 2014
safarigirl: If you're one who has stayed within the female hostel of any Nigerian University, you'll find that most of it's occupants share similar hopes and dreams- and no, it's not to excel in their chosen career paths.

One of the lecturers in my school aptly described women as 'a waste of education'...no, it wasn't an insult, it was just stating the obvious. You find a woman who has hustled through primary, secondary and University education. One who looked set to be a force to reckon with in the world of business or law or medicine, I mean a female with straight A's and you think Nigerian women may be getting things right, only to follow her back to her hostel
and hear these heart-breaking words:

"Omo, after school na to find husband marry remain."

In the real sense of the word this is translated to:

"After school, I'll fling my degee inside one iron box in my dad's storeroom, find a perfect mugu that will put a ring on my finger, buy me a car, set up a boutique/beauty saloon for me and all I have to do to get this is spread my legs for him and push out little people with his DNA"

Nigerian women view marriage the same way hustling Nigerian men view the US Green Card- an avenue to escape life's troubles. So in the same way you find 23 year old Nigerian men marrying 56 year old American women, you find young, promising women relegated to some man's priority list.

I don't think most Nigerian women realise that nobody wants to get attached to a leech. If you allow some Nigerian women, they would even want their husbands to carry the babies and birth them as well. And when you ask why they don't want to build wealth with a man, you hear:

"I've already suffered in my father's house. I don't want to continue suffering in my husband's house"

Now unless you're getting married to a no-good leech like yourself, there is no reason why building wealth with a man should be termed 'suffering'

Even on Sun Newspaper's 'Beauty Of The Week' it's the same thing.

Future Ambition: Getting Married And Having Kids

If you think God put you on this earth to make a liability of yourself, you need to think again. There is more to life than being someone's baby mama. There is a purpose for getting an education that lies beyond being able to speak good english whenever you and your man attend social functions

Nigerian women need to sit down and re-evaluate their lives. God sent you to assist a man, not to add to his problems. Men appreciate women who can think for themselves, who want to contribute to the family (and I don't mean churning out kids). There is nothing more endearing than a smart woman who views men as companions rather than money bags.

Don't waste the education your parents worked so hard to provide for you. Break the stereotype, Nigerian women should be more than gold-digging leeches. If the likes of Oby Ezekwesili, Joke Silva, NOI can be successful career women as well as wives and mothers, then we all need to dust up our certificates and CVs and have proper future ambitions.

God Bless You...and don't take this the wrong way grin
..... I sense a girl with brains here
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2014
Beht it's not debatable.

The average Nigerian girl is boring, has no clear-cut Idea of what she wants from a relationship and has a sole goal - to get married and have kids. grin cheesy
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by MizMyColi(f): 9:12am On Sep 24, 2014
wink
AirborneLacer: Beht it's not debatable.

The average Nigerian girl is boring, has no clear-cut Idea of what she wants from a relationship and has a sole goal - to get married and have kids. grin cheesy
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 24, 2014
bukatyne:

How can a tailor be a housewife?

Would you call women like Deola Sagoe housewives?

she was working from home. It's was a one story building and the main palour was facing the main road. This aided to her function as both. I am talking about over 22 years ago ma'am. smiley
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
sexyseun: it all boils down to the fact that you are a broke-asss who can't fully fend for your family.

Na wa to u oh! Enjoy!
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
sheniqua: To be honest what is wrong with girls desiring to marry men with means sef
don't you people long to have big breasted and big booty girls and some light skinned only
What if a girl has as a requirement a man that is well off ,what is wrong with it?
How can you have requirements and we can't?
Nonsense

I could have never married a short man
Short men put me off
That and men without ambition
Does that make me air headed?
Certainly not

IMO, der is nothing wrong in marrying a man dats financially okay. But d tin is, wot values, qualities, and ideas is the lady bringing into his life? Wot can you help offer oda dan love, sex, kids, and house chores, which I call 'd four usuals'?

If a chic cannot do more dan 'd four usuals' , she is within d average chic category, which is also in d liability category. But d good tin is der are a lot of guys dat are financially okay who just want love, sex, kids, and house chores from dia woman. So if a woman who can give only 'd four usuals' meets a man dat wants only dis four tins, den dat makes dem perfect for each oda.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Men can be funny..

We want to settle with decent and beautiful girl,
At the same time, we want to be attributed with a well ambitious woman with all the degrees..
But does it actually occur to us what a lot of ladies holding a prestigious position in the society has been through?
Do we take our time to check possibilities of some rapid achievements that sets our women on that pace?
The same achievement that took a man over 6 years to achieve, a pretty lady would appear from no where and knock it silly in lightening speed.. Hahahaha..
My good friends, we really have a complicated situations at hand
If only one of those ladies we admire so desperately due to their position and achvmnets can give a sincere accounts of what they went through in terms of sexual abuses and molestation, and sometimes voluntary acts of immorality and blunder, we would know convincingly that they are of no good but cursed.

A lady confessed to have allowed a man abused her sexually just for promotion. Infact, she allowed him used objects on her just for the man to hear her *morn and scream out of her se*xual appealing pretty face of a goddess. She eventually got promoted, and that's the definition for our supposed ambitious women.

Come to the level of our University ladies, it is easier for them to pass any course than answering phone calls..
It is so bad that the ugly situation celebrates itself, it happens from time to time even at employment level, a man can afford to deny his company of a first class graduate than let a pretty but incompetent woman slip through his bosom.

This pose a huge disparity in considering the appropriate candidate for marriage. We have pretty, eloquent, matured but morally rottened, ambitious, 2.1 grade degree holders in our society.

On the other hand, we have ladies with little or average education, well reserved, not eloquent, perceived to be less ambitious, morally upright with fear of God in all they do..

The choice is ours. But only the men of wisdom know which is best for them.

Let's go back to the bases and retrace our steps..
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
dotmanz: Men can be funny..

At the same time, we want to be attributed with a well ambitious woman with all the degrees..
But does it actually occur to us what a lot of ladies holding a prestigious position in the society has been through?
Do we take our time to check possibilities of some rapid achievements that sets our women on that pace?
The same achievement that took a man over 6 years to achieve, a pretty lady would appear from no where and knock it silly in lightening speed.. Hahahaha..
If only one of those ladies we admire so desperately due to their position and achvmnets can give a sincere accounts of what they went through in terms of sexual abuses and molestation, and sometimes voluntary acts of immorality and blunder, we would know convincingly that they are of no good but cursed.

A lady confessed to have allowed a man abused her sexually just for promotion. Infact, she allowed him used objects on her just for the man to hear her *morn and scream out of her se*xual appealing pretty face of a goddess. She eventually got promoted, and that's the definition for our supposed ambitious women.

Come to the level of our University ladies, it is easier for them to pass any course than answering phone calls..
It is so bad that the ugly situation celebrates itself, it happens from time to time even at employment level, a man can afford to deny his company of a first class graduate than let a pretty but incompetent woman slip through his bosom.

This pose a huge disparity in considering the appropriate candidate for marriage. We have pretty, eloquent, matured but morally rottened, ambitious, 2.1 grade degree holders in our society.

On the other hand, we have ladies with little or average education, well reserved, not eloquent, perceived to be less ambitious, morally upright with fear of God in all they do..

The thread isn't n support of a promiscuous lifestyle to attain one's ambition. there are women who are where they are now without having to compromise. what ever is evil is evil ... success comes with Its challenges. it aint easy for the men either ... if some successful men tell you what they have done to get to where they are , you would not want to go there. a lady wants a rich man without knowing if he is a ritualist , militant or drug pusher. the bottom line is we should accept responsiblities without having to indulge in evil deeds.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by bukatyne(f): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
dotmanz: Men can be funny..

So all women on top have been molested by men?
All 2.1 graduates slept their way through?
All girls with little or average education and ambitionless are decent?

I swear, you make me laugh!

You remind me of failures who blame everyone but themselves for their failures; Mr. A is rich because he did jazz; Mr. B is a swindler; A got A in the course because he/she sorted/slept/copied etc.

Abegi! If you want ambitionless women, please go for them and leave those who have ambition alone

You will not see women who worked hard and did well. There was no brilliant girl in your class abi or all of them right from primary school have been sleeping with men. All the women doing well in your place of work are sleeping with their bosses she? Even those that did well in UTME must have also slept with the registrar. Those that win scholarships must have slept with the bodies awarding the contract.

NL still talked of one kehinde girl that graduated with 1st class (I have forgotten the university) and people laughed at how she looked.

I wonder the university a lecturer will give an olodo girl first class or 2.1 by sleeping with her.

Education is clearly different from enlightenment

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
bukatyne:

You remind me of failures who blame everyone but themselves for their failures; Mr. A is rich because he did jazz; Mr. B is a swindler; A got A in the course because he/she sorted/slept/copied etc.

Abegi! If you want ambitionless women, please go for them and leave those who have ambition alone

You will not see women who worked hard and did well. There was no brilliant girl in your class abi or all of them right from primary school have been sleeping with men. All the women doing well in your place of work are sleeping with their bosses she? Even those that did well in UTME must have also slept with the registrar. Those that win scholarships must have slept with the bodies awarding the contract.

NL still talked of one kehinde girl that graduated with 1st class (I have forgotten the university) and people laughed at how she looked.

I wonder the university a lecturer will give an olodo girl first class or 2.1 by sleeping with her.

I wonder ooo ... I remember my bro was once tagged a yahoo boy simply because people see him home at noon.they couldn't tell where he was working .. he worked with NNPC and closes very early atimes.I know about three intelligent babes that made good grades without having to compromise. the thing is men are even always scared to harass a chic once they know she is intelligent and smart .

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by bukatyne(f): 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
majekdom2: I wonder ooo ... I remember my bro was once tagged a yahoo boy simply because people see him home at noon.they couldn't tell where he was working .. he worked with NNPC and closes very early atimes.I know about three intelligent babes that made good grades without having to compromise. the thing is men are even always scared to harass a chic once they know she is intelligent and smart .

I have not read such in a very long while
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mondisweets: In as much as i would want to pursue my career and have my own things, but i still respect women who decide to stay at home and take care of their families. Most of them get to do what most career driven women cannot do,
-go for their kid's sports games regularly to support
-have enough time to make meals for her family herself
-teaching her own children how to do their house chores
-help her kids with their homework, assignments and projects frequently
The little (or rather insignificant as other people would put it) they do might not mean a lot to other people but they play a major role in upbringing of their children.

I was raised by a woman who worked a 40hr week but sometimes she had to put in a little more effort to get promoted. She never came to any of my school events i participated in and i wont lie a part of me felt neglected when i saw other "housewives" cheering and supporting their kids. One time she drove me to school late and i was disqualified in javelin. This is one thing i was really good at (in athletics) and for weeks i hated her because i felt she had sabotaged me simply because she couldn't put her work down and drive me to school on time. Sometimes i would stay up until 11pm (i was still in primary school then) helping my mum "sort out her work" sometimes that would be the only mum-and-daughter time we spent for weeks.

Its sad most people now think that it all has to be about making money and splitting bills. No one ever thinks of the impact on the kids, so long he/she goes to school on a full stomach then he/she is good to go. People now have their heads wrapped "a woman has to fit her financial responsibilities too otherwise she is not human" and the needs of those little people (the children)who make up part if the family are completely forgotten. Yes u can have a maid, nanny and a cook to handled the kitchen and the kids, but their upbringing will never be the same as that of a child bought up and taught almost everything by her own mother.

These days you find out that female children would rather confide in the maid or the cook than her own mother when it comes to personal issues, because thats whom she grew up seeing most of the time. She is the one who taught them how to wash their socks properly, she is the one who taught them how to cook and she is the one who made sure she always had clean ironed clothes.

Its very foolish to think that these women who decide to put their 20yrs of school aside and take care of their houses and their little boutiques are less significant. After all who will help these children with their school work, if she is not educated herself People need to learn to respect these women's choices as much as they want their own to be respected.
This is a very sensible post. Only if more women would learn.

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by VANENON(f): 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mondisweets: In as much as i would want to pursue my career and have my own things, but i still respect women who decide to stay at home and take care of their families. Most of them get to do what most career driven women cannot do,
-go for their kid's sports games regularly to support
-have enough time to make meals for her family herself
-teaching her own children how to do their house chores
-help her kids with their homework, assignments and projects frequently
The little (or rather insignificant as other people would put it) they do might not mean a lot to other people but they play a major role in upbringing of their children.

I was raised by a woman who worked a 40hr week but sometimes she had to put in a little more effort to get promoted. She never came to any of my school events i participated in and i wont lie a part of me felt neglected when i saw other "housewives" cheering and supporting their kids. One time she drove me to school late and i was disqualified in javelin. This is one thing i was really good at (in athletics) and for weeks i hated her because i felt she had sabotaged me simply because she couldn't put her work down and drive me to school on time. Sometimes i would stay up until 11pm (i was still in primary school then) helping my mum "sort out her work" sometimes that would be the only mum-and-daughter time we spent for weeks.

Its sad most people now think that it all has to be about making money and splitting bills. No one ever thinks of the impact on the kids, so long he/she goes to school on a full stomach then he/she is good to go. People now have their heads wrapped "a woman has to fit her financial responsibilities too otherwise she is not human" and the needs of those little people (the children)who make up part if the family are completely forgotten. Yes u can have a maid, nanny and a cook to handled the kitchen and the kids, but their upbringing will never be the same as that of a child bought up and taught almost everything by her own mother.

These days you find out that female children would rather confide in the maid or the cook than her own mother when it comes to personal issues, because thats whom she grew up seeing most of the time. She is the one who taught them how to wash their socks properly, she is the one who taught them how to cook and she is the one who made sure she always had clean ironed clothes.

Its very foolish to think that these women who decide to put their 20yrs of school aside and take care of their houses and their little boutiques are less significant. After all who will help these children with their school work, if she is not educated herself People need to learn to respect these women's choices as much as they want their own to be respected.

A very intelligent and insightful post.

For the men and ladies out there saying that Nigerian women lack future ambition, over 70% of families in Nigeria have women as the breadwinner so wanting to get married does not necessarily mean you lack ambition its simply what you have placed as priority. My big jeep, snazzy official fucntions and big houses do not give me the joy i derive from spending time with my family. What is the relevance if after everything your acquire/achieve you cannot derive true joy from them. Same as "what would it profit a man if he gains the whole world and looses his soul"

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by iamoluomo(m): 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
[b][/b]God bless you for this post
safarigirl: If you're one who has stayed within the female hostel of any Nigerian University, you'll find that most of it's occupants share similar hopes and dreams- and no, it's not to excel in their chosen career paths.

One of the lecturers in my school aptly described women as 'a waste of education'...no, it wasn't an insult, it was just stating the obvious. You find a woman who has hustled through primary, secondary and University education. One who looked set to be a force to reckon with in the world of business or law or medicine, I mean a female with straight A's and you think Nigerian women may be getting things right, only to follow her back to her hostel and hear these heart-breaking words:

"After school, I'll fling my degee inside one iron box in my dad's storeroom, find a perfect mugu that will put a ring on my finger, buy me a car, set up a boutique/beauty saloon for me and all I have to do to get this is spread my legs for him and push out little people with his DNA"

Nigerian women view marriage the same way hustling Nigerian men view the US Green Card- an avenue to escape life's troubles. So in the same way you find 23 year old Nigerian men marrying 56 year old American women, you find young, promising women relegated to some man's priority list.

I don't think most Nigerian women realise that nobody wants to get attached to a leech. If you allow some Nigerian women, they would even want their husbands to carry the babies and birth them as well. And when you ask why they don't want to build wealth with a man, you hear:

"I've already suffered in my father's house. I don't want to continue suffering in my husband's house"

Now unless you're getting married to a no-good leech like yourself, there is no reason why building wealth with a man should be termed 'suffering'

If you think God put you on this earth to make a liability of yourself, you need to think again. There is more to life than being someone's baby mama. There is a purpose for getting an education that lies beyond being able to speak good english whenever you and your man attend social functions

Nigerian women need to sit down and re-evaluate their lives. God sent you to assist a man, not to add to his problems. Men appreciate women who can think for themselves, who want to contribute to the family (and I don't mean churning out kids). There is nothing more endearing than a smart woman who views men as companions rather than money bags.

Don't waste the education your parents worked so hard to provide for you. Break the stereotype, Nigerian women should be more than gold-digging leeches. If the likes of Oby Ezekwesili, Joke Silva, NOI can be successful career women as well as wives and mothers, then we all need to dust up our certificates and CVs and have proper future ambitions.

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by kilokeys(m): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
tpia:

she said married, kids and working, yet something still died in him.

what a thread, nlers sha, their level is just something else.

most of them are what's known as benchwarmers, (internet version), they simply post to buttress a thread's views and keep it going, not because they actually have thinking faculty or anything meaningful to say.

not like majority of the thread starters are any different btw.

for a moment... i was shocked.. what did he expect her to say?

oloshi okunrin.. i guess that thing (lust) had died long time ago.. excuse to break up with a regular chic..
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by chrisooblog: 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
hmmm incisive piece but i dont think its as bad as that most women i know are career women and hard workers driven to achieve more single and married. although as a side note i wonder why we dont have more women in jobs related to science fields eg. engineers, architects, astro-physists, IT wizards etc as opposed to lawyers, bankers, teachers and the like

One of the lecturers in my school aptly described women as 'a waste of education'...no, it wasn't an insult, it was just stating the obvious. You find a woman who has hustled through primary, secondary and University education. One who looked set to be a force to reckon with in the world of business or law or medicine, I mean a female with straight A's and you think Nigerian women may be getting things right, only to follow her back to her hostel and hear these heart-breaking words:

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Alleinad(f): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2014

God bless you. Well said.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by tpia1: 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
kilokeys:

for a moment... i was shocked.. what did he expect her to say?

oloshi okunrin.. i guess that thing (lust) had died long time ago.. excuse to break up with a regular chic..

i think he was just jumping on the bandwagon aka egbe alatewo, supporter's club where folks just type any sort of nonsense to keep a thread going.

perhaps he wanted her to say she saw a career in soliciting men for money to give him?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
bukatyne:

I didn't generalize oh! Sorry if I sounded so myopic..but these are things that happened to those that are very close to me. And my 9 years in labor market has really left me with a ample understanding of certain things. Don't take it personal please
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by jpphilips(m): 12:10am On Sep 25, 2014
MsNas:
Sorry if I sound harsh, but it is absolutely not my fault that anybody's family cannot afford to pay for their education. I made my point from my own perspective and I didn't expect a gazillion lines of whines trying to prove me wrong neither did I expected to be crucified for it.

If you cared to read my post well enough, I pointed out that some women have ambitions which does not end in simply living in a man's house and popping out them tatas while some want other things including that. So what's the issue here? What don't I get?

Be aware, that you as a man, have absolutely no business with whatever I chose to do with my life and future. If I like, I have ambition, if I like I don't. so stop going all self righteous on me please. Again, I apologize if my post comes off as harsh or rude, but I see no reason why you'll just go H.A.M on my post and write that long-ass whatever you call it. Laters

You went for a masters degree because you had a sponsor right? news flash!! most families like mine will give you the first degree, how you get the rest is your problem, so before you bemoan your friends for not aspiring beyond their first degrees, be pragmatic enough to wear their shoes.

So if you were to be from my family, you should be trekking the streets of Ikeja to transamadi looking for a trainee job with your physics degree, prolly get an under paying 60k job, then save till you have enough for MSc abi? by the time you pay your bills and feed, you may forget you took up the job for an MSc program, now that is the reality for most of your classmates if you dont know, and yes there are trainee physicists i pay less than that as interns who desire a work experience.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by jpphilips(m): 12:11am On Sep 25, 2014
tpia1:

humble beginnings dont really include trips and schooling in overseas imo. Not to mention well connected family.

Sacrifices? Maybe not having so much access to nigerian food overseas or or the other hand, enduring the harsh nigerian weather when not abroad.

All the aforementioned mean different things depending on social and economic status in nigeria.

Do you have a problem with English? cos if you do, I will be glad to type in pigeon
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 25, 2014
jpphilips:

Do you have a problem with English? cos if you do, I will be glad to type in pidgeon

No be only 'pidgeon',na 'geonpid'

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

What's The Worst Thing A Woman Has Done On The First Date? / 10 Things Broke Girls Often Say / Check Out Adesua Etomi's Bridesmaids Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.