Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,936 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition (37057 Views)

Ways To Know Your Boyfriend Has No Future Ambition / Is Prior Behavior Is A Good Predictor Of Future Behavior? / Nigerian Women And Their Abundance Of Future Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by dechandel(f): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
safarigirl: females are seen as liabilities passed on from fathers to husbands. Your dad trains you till Secondary/tertiary graduation and then your husband can continue from where dad stops if he so desires. It's okay to want to go for your masters, you should however make a point by funding your masters yourself even if you live at home with the parents
Yea
I've always had the funding part in mind
But anyhow it goes.. When i get to that bridge..
I will definitely cross over

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by dechandel(f): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
Logicalmindy:

only if your dad get married to you. cheesy
There is no way he is gonna be the landlord forever sad
But for now..
He is the one sailing the boat grin tongue
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
i have always wanted to own a school, right from my primary school days. i graduated with a 2:1 in education management.
i already have a land i intend to use, by 2015 my creche starts. 2020? BluePearls School must happen.

many of us get sidetracked by situations. we get bored and loose track of that thing we really want. there is nothing wrong in trying several, but when we dont arrive at a certian end that justifies the amount of time spent, then that is where the issh is.

i have trained to be several things:
fashion illustrator
event planner
event decorator
beaded jewelry maker
tailor sef, even now, shoemaking is ongoing... but one thing remains... i love kids and i love teaching. that is what i want to do, be an educationist. that is where i arrived at!! it is what i am GOING to do eventually.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
dechandel:
There is no way he is gonna be the landlord forever sad
But for now..
He is the one sailing the boat grin tongue

lol. Okay grin
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by safarigirl(f): 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
shoefreak: i have always wanted to own a school, right from my primary school days. i graduated with a 2:1 in education management.
i already have a land i intend to use, by 2015 my creche starts. 2020? BluePearls School must happen.

many of us get sidetracked by situations. we get bored and loose track of that thing we really want. there is nothing wrong in trying several, but when we dont arrive at a certian end that justifies the amount of time spent, then that is where the issh is.

fashion illustrator
event planner
event decorator
beaded jewelry maker
tailor sef, even now, shoemaking is ongoing... but one thing remains... i love kids and i love teaching. that is what i want to do, be an educationist. that is where i arrived at!! it is what i am GOING to do eventually.
I love your spirit. There's one thing about having a passion, if you never make it a reality, you'll feel incomplete. Best of luck with your school, and it has a nice name.

4 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Thank you.

grin
safarigirl: I love your spirit. There's one thing about having a passion, if you never make it a reality, you'll feel incomplete. Best of luck with your school, and it has a nice name.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
safarigirl: I love your spirit. There's one thing about having a passion, if you [b]never make it a reality, you'll feel incomplete[b]. Best of luck with your school, and it has a nice name.
So true.
Passion alone can drive you to achieve your dreams.

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by samsolite(m): 6:41pm On Sep 22, 2014
OP, the answer to your observation lies in this thread. How many ladies have contributed already to this discussion compared to the guys?

I've observed on this forum that the ladies take exception to such topics offering valuable advice, most especially when its from a lady; but if it were a topic about the most handsome dude on Nairaland or such trivialities you see them flock in their numbers and the thread count going to the 21st page in a day!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
only few nigerian girls strive to be successful , all others just wish one dude that looks like jesus with plenty money should just drop from heaven so they can marry. The annoying thing is some shallow thinking post some call humor on NL. we need more of this awareness.
And to the guys ,they wanna be like davido , psquare so they can have plenty chics to themselves. sadly, they havent even got the skills. our youths have got to face reality .

8 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by jmoore(m): 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
samsolite: OP, the answer to your observation lies in this thread. How many ladies have contributed already to this discussion compared to the guys?

I've observed on this forum that the ladies take exception to such topics offering valuable advice, most especially when its from a lady; but if it were a topic about the most handsome dude on Nairaland or such trivialities you see them flock in their numbers and the thread count going to the 21st page in a day!

The undiluted truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by ayusco85(m): 8:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
Well don't blame the girls o, blame the society they found themselves in. They made marriage seem like the ultimate goal for every lady. That has beclouded lots of girls who don't even know what they can achieve because they are only looking forward to finish schl and get married.

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by lightheart(m): 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
They make you think marriage is the nu cool.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by naturally: 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by charles316: 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
Attention seeking! Lowlife

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by alaladakosta(f): 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hrhehhehee

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Emmalot121(m): 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
Safarigirl ,it has always being like that, I met one of my female (well fed) friends, sometime last week, she was telling a guy(another friend of mine) to buy her credit, later, I told her I was going to come back but only for me to hear her(in somewhat commanding tone, with so much confidence ) to buy her something.I decided not to return to her shop.
Men have become 'target species.'Not that I don't know being a man comes with a lot of responsibilities,but its too much.I heard a lady say to her pals that with all her education, she is going to end in kitchen.Her female friend rebuked her, but I was the only one who understood her.
She meant that as a 'lady' ,life is too difficult to say you wanna compete with a man, just read for degree, get out and marry a 'rich' guy,who will 'take care' of you and 'sponsor' you,'establish' a business for you and the only thing he demands is for you to 'cook' and take care of 'kids'. What a huge burden for her husband!
I wanted to open a thread on how to avoid spending money on Nigerian girl, but changed my mind cos I love smart people.You have a point.You are very intelligent but those ladies are very smart. Afterall,life actually is not worth all the struggle. grin

4 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Luvdmx(m): 8:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
grin grin

12 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Orikinla(m): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
OP, 1000 Likes for your post.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by alaladakosta(f): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
shoefreak: i have always wanted to own a school, right from my primary school days. i graduated with a 2:1 in education management.

fashion illustrator
event planner
event decorator
beaded jewelry maker

My dear u know your onions , n u went for tomato.lol, many of us is still waiting on paddy adenuga. Heheh

4 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
safarigirl: If you're one who has stayed within the female hostel of any Nigerian University, you'll find that most of it's occupants share similar hopes and dreams- and no, it's not to excel in their chosen career paths.

One of the lecturers in my school aptly described women as 'a waste of education'...no, it wasn't an insult, it was just stating the obvious. You find a woman who has hustled through primary, secondary and University education. One who looked set to be a force to reckon with in the world of business or law or medicine, I mean a female with straight A's and you think Nigerian women may be getting things right, only to follow her back to her hostel and hear these heart-breaking words:

"Omo, after school na to find husband marry remain."
Safari baby, you are so on-point.
Wish all young ladies can quickly realise this truth.
Last Bullet
Meanwhile, your recents threads are damm on point.
What's the secret?
You do medulla upgrade?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by niggereyez(f): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
OP... sorry but I don't totally agree wit u. if u keep the right company (no offence intended), u'll know that there are many more visionary women in our society today..
truelly, gone are those days when women are satisfied being just housewives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by alaladakosta(f): 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
Luvdmx: grin grin

So much for dick sucking

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
safarigirl: If you're one who has stayed within the female hostel of any Nigerian University, you'll find that most of it's occupants share similar hopes and dreams- and no, it's not to excel in their chosen career paths.

One of the lecturers in my school aptly described women as 'a waste of education'...no, it wasn't an insult, it was just stating the obvious. You find a woman who has hustled through primary, secondary and University education. One who looked set to be a force to reckon with in the world of business or law or medicine, I mean a female with straight A's and you think Nigerian women may be getting things right, only to follow her back to her hostel and hear these heart-breaking words:

In the real sense of the word this is translated to:

"After school, I'll fling my degee inside one iron box in my dad's storeroom, find a perfect mugu that will put a ring on my finger, buy me a car, set up a boutique/beauty saloon for me and all I have to do to get this is spread my legs for him and push out little people with his DNA"

Nigerian women view marriage the same way hustling Nigerian men view the US Green Card- an avenue to escape life's troubles. So in the same way you find 23 year old Nigerian men marrying 56 year old American women, you find young, promising women relegated to some man's priority list.

I don't think most Nigerian women realise that nobody wants to get attached to a leech. If you allow some Nigerian women, they would even want their husbands to carry the babies and birth them as well. And when you ask why they don't want to build wealth with a man, you hear:

"I've already suffered in my father's house. I don't want to continue suffering in my husband's house"

Now unless you're getting married to a no-good leech like yourself, there is no reason why building wealth with a man should be termed 'suffering'

Even on Sun Newspaper's 'Beauty Of The Week' it's the same thing.

Future Ambition: Getting Married And Having Kids

If you think God put you on this earth to make a liability of yourself, you need to think again. There is more to life than being someone's baby mama. There is a purpose for getting an education that lies beyond being able to speak good english whenever you and your man attend social functions

Nigerian women need to sit down and re-evaluate their lives. God sent you to assist a man, not to add to his problems. Men appreciate women who can think for themselves, who want to contribute to the family (and I don't mean churning out kids). There is nothing more endearing than a smart woman who views men as companions rather than money bags.

Don't waste the education your parents worked so hard to provide for you. Break the stereotype, Nigerian women should be more than gold-digging leeches. If the likes of Oby Ezekwesili, Joke Silva, NOI can be successful career women as well as wives and mothers, then we all need to dust up our certificates and CVs and have proper future ambitions.

God Bless You...and don't take this the wrong way grin
safariiii safariiiii chai chai live our naija gehls and women alone nah
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by melissa429(f): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Thank u for wakin me up,actualy nid 2 retink afta my so cald fiance pregnanted anoda gal,nid to get bizi makin moni,men ar jus a waste of tym nd resourseful tinkin

4 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by sheniqua: 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2014

In the real sense of the word this is translated to:

"After school, I'll fling my degee inside one iron box in my dad's storeroom, find a perfect mugu that will put a ring on my finger, buy me a car, set up a boutique/beauty saloon for me and all I have to do to get this is spread my legs for him and push out little people with his DNA"

Nigerian women view marriage the same way hustling Nigerian men view the US Green Card- an avenue to escape life's troubles. So in the same way you find 23 year old Nigerian men marrying 56 year old American women, you find young, promising women relegated to some man's priority list.

I don't think most Nigerian women realise that nobody wants to get attached to a leech. If you allow some Nigerian women, they would even want their husbands to carry the babies and birth them as well. And when you ask why they don't want to build wealth with a man, you hear:

"I've already suffered in my father's house. I don't want to continue suffering in my husband's house"

Now unless you're getting married to a no-good leech like yourself, there is no reason why building wealth with a man should be termed 'suffering'

Even on Sun Newspaper's 'Beauty Of The Week' it's the same thing.

Future Ambition: Getting Married And Having Kids

If you think God put you on this earth to make a liability of yourself, you need to think again. There is more to life than being someone's baby mama. There is a purpose for getting an education that lies beyond being able to speak good english whenever you and your man attend social functions

Nigerian women need to sit down and re-evaluate their lives. God sent you to assist a man, not to add to his problems. Men appreciate women who can think for themselves, who want to contribute to the family (and I don't mean churning out kids). There is nothing more endearing than a smart woman who views men as companions rather than money bags.

Don't waste the education your parents worked so hard to provide for you. Break the stereotype, Nigerian women should be more than gold-digging leeches. If the likes of Oby Ezekwesili, Joke Silva, NOI can be successful career women as well as wives and mothers, then we all need to dust up our certificates and CVs and have proper future ambitions.

God Bless You...and don't take this the wrong way grin

Rubbish!
The number of wealthy men in Nigeria is negligible and for the few wealthy ones, no be woman go marry them?
Will they marry themselves?

Most Nigerian women work even after marriage so I have no clue what this is about

5 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by lepasharon(f): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Preach sister ! I'm far from what you listed. Infact ,I am not even sure I want to marry and have kids.

Why must my life be so predictable?

9 Likes

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by 2mNaira: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
alexx187: .....eloquence homie.....spellcheck.....

Eloquent is correct.It is an adjective.The adjectives 'eloquent' and 'good' both modify d noun 'command'.
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Kassidy90(m): 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
God bless u @Op for this piece.......
Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
alaladakosta:

My dear u know your onions , n u went for tomato.lol, many of us is still waiting on paddy adenuga. Heheh
lols ... tall , handsome, broadshoulders,polish english , rich,havard university graduate..... oh the dream man.it wasn't easy .his mum is a reason behind his father's success.... that's what the nigeria ladies should envisage.... thanks for this.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition by pansophist(m): 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
This thread makes me wonder if it the same safarigirl that opened a thread yesterday about why 'Nigerian ladies should not settle for less''

You fail to see that they have nothing to offer, wonder if you did a brain ugrade, because this your topic make so much sense compare to the latter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

10 Things Broke Girls Often Say / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Shoprite In Ibadan (Photos) / Nairalanders Tell Us Your Selling Point(goody Bag)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.