Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders - Celebrities (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders (84742 Views)

Upclose Photo Of Yusuf Buhari... Do You Still Think He Is 'that' Handsome? / Check Out Tiwa Savage's Stunning Diamond Ring Upclose / Up Close & Personal With Omotola Jalade-ekeinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (74) (Go Down)

Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by tope2000(f): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2009
SeanT21:

Tangent,U are just 21 and U already have a bachelors degree. GOOD JOB Mami!!

ummm. . . why r u guys surprised she got her bachelors degree @ 21 undecided
isnt that the age u suppose to have it??maybe in uk sha undecided

@tangent
gr8 interview
one of my fave so far kiss kiss
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2009
Ibime that's child abuse grin
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by showbobo(m): 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2009
davidylan:

At 21 Mum had me at age 7 cheesy grin grin
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Treetop20(m): 12:05am On Feb 08, 2009
tope2000:

@tangent
gr8 interview
how many of them do you have?
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by chika98: 1:36am On Feb 08, 2009
This thread is still going? shocked
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Ibime(m): 1:53am On Feb 08, 2009
davidylan:

Look at this old man. I am still young jare. grin grin grin Tangy baby, I shall take care of you. grin
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Nobody: 3:09am On Feb 08, 2009
Hmmm, Tamunoibime cheesy
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by spikedcylinder: 6:10am On Feb 08, 2009
tope2000:

I thought so too. . . .
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 9:42am On Feb 09, 2009
tope2000:

Even for naija. 21 is the age now
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 9:52am On Feb 09, 2009
Nairaland username:RichyBlacK

Richard Black (nom de guerre)
Richard - after Richard the Lionheart (12th century king of England)
Black - after the "black" race, my unique and lovely people!

Nick name: Richy

Origin of User name:Combination of my first and last names

When did u join:2006

Why did U join NL:Liked some of the articles posted, especially in culture, family, education and politics

Religious belief:Christian

Section U frequent most visit:Politics

Sex:Male

HomeTown:Amankalu, Alayi, Abia State

Single or Married: Single

Type of Music: R&B, Jazz, Classical, Rap, Celtic and Afro-beat

*Engineering and Computer Science (professor) - I love teaching and writing papers
*Industry consultant

Best Colours:Blue, Brown and Red

Best food:

* Pounded yam and Egusi soup with snail meat
* Eba and okoro soup with goat meat
* Solid jollof rice with cow meat (plus cold coke - bottle not can!)

Best Games: Chess and Scrabble

Sport: Athletics, tennis and basketball

Club: I don't belong to any club - waste of my time!

Best car: So many, but the Audi TTS and the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren have special places in my heart.

Hollywood:

Actors:

John Wayne, Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, Oliver Reed, Marlon Brando, Jamie Foxx,
Al Pacino, William Fichtner, Robert Knepper, Amaury Nolasco, etc.
Actresses:
Judi Dench, Julie Andrews, Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Keira Knightley, Milla Jovovich, Sarah Wayne Callies,
Cate Blanchett, Uma Thurman, Charlize Theron, Gabrielle Union, Kimberly Elise, Rosario Dawson, etc.

Nollywood:
Regina Askia, Genevieve Nnaji, Liz Benson, Ini Edo, Pete Edochie, Rita Dominic, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
Desmond Elliot, Chioma Chukwuka, Stella Damasus-Aboderin, Richard Mofe Damijo, Kate Henshaw-Nuttal
Kanayo O. Kanayo, Jide Kosoko, Ramsey Nouah, Oge Okoye, Zack Orji, Nkem Owoh, Dolly Unachukwu
Enebeli Elebuwa, Lilian Bach, Caroline Ekanem, Keppy Ekpenyong-Bassey and Sandra Achums

Artist:

Whitney Houston, Sade, Annie Lennox, Evanescence, Clannad, Fela Kuti, Chante Moore, Awilo Longomba,
Lil Jon, Ying Yang Twins, Yo-Yo Ma, 2face Idibia, Barbra Streisand, Kenny Rogers, Natalie Cole, Nickelback
Nonpoint, Aretha Franklin, Daddy Showkey, Ras Kimono, Big Lo, 2 Shortz, The Game and much more
Nawa o tongue

Dislikes: Destruction of life and property

Peeps u roll with on NL: Any progressive and/or fair-minded person on NL can roll with me.

Who will u like to date given the opportunity:

Since I don't know NL peeps personally, I'll base my views on sight and sound:
* earTHMama/DeepZone (anytime I see the "earth" in her name, I wonder if her defense is as round as the earth
and "deep" just makes me imagine stupid stuff; I love her brazenness)
* KarmaMod (I've heard so much about her attack and defense; uses her brashness to cover a soft gentle core)
* Tgirl4real (very pretty face, excellent personality and lovely skin tone)
* Osisi (her interest in certain parts of the male anatomy always makes me wonder; I've heard that her defense is solid smiley - but she's married)
* topup (I just think she's a sweet girl and she has a gentle way of passing across her points)
* michelin89 (though could be almost militant in defending her views, her intellectual prowess will be a delight to savor!)

Most striking personalities on NL:

earTHMama/DeepZone, Osisi, Afam, Tornadoz, Davidylan, 4 Play, KarmaMod, michelin89, Ibime, Jarus, toshmann, debosky,
mukina2, topup, Tgirl4real, Negro_Ntns, sleek_p, ~Sauron~/Hannibal, Becomrrich/Nigeria@1, Kobojunkie, and a few others

Your view about NL: The No.1 place on the internet for Nigerians anywhere! I really like the posts on culture, family and
politics.

Describe yourself in a simple term: cool, curious, reasonable and cheerful

Most Striking thing about yourself: I love peace and quiet.

How do u spend a normal day:

Weekday: Wake up, plan, work (involves a wide variety of things), eat, watch some TV, eat, sleep
Weekend: Wake up, plan, make phone calls, eat, entertain friends/visit friends, eat out,
see a movie on the big screen, go out with a friend and relax

Greatest achievement thus far:

1. Being able to read and write (this I think is my greatest achievement)
2. Getting a PhD in Decision Science and Operations Research (this is what most people around me think)

Greatest challenge in life: Trying to understand why humans act against their interest sometimes.

Future ambition: To be happy on earth

General life philosophy:Do not do unto others what you don’t want done to you

Words for the founder of Nairaland: Great site, keep the dream alive!

Extras
Most embarrassing moment:

Losing a game of blitz (high-speed chess) to an underdog in the presence of all my otimkpus (supporters),
including my then 'spanking new' babe. I redeemed my image on games 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Ibime(m): 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2009
Richy, you don kala o!  grin. Early thirties no be yam.  grin

So you studied Operational Research? That was one of me favourite subjects at undergrad but I never chased it further cos I was hooked on PDE's, otherwise that was my second favourite subject of interest. Game theory, Analytical decision making, Simplex Algorithm, methods of optimisation and all that. I actually met John Nash when he came to London to give a seminar. As my lecturer said, his mind is not so beautiful anymore. He was giving a talk on Game Theory and he suddenly switched and started solving some extra-terrestrial mathematics that was completely off-topic.
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Ben13: 2:18pm On Feb 09, 2009
Losing a game of blitz (high-speed chess) to an underdog in the presence of all my otimkpus (supporters),
including my then 'spanking new' babe. I redeemed my image on games 2, 3, 4 and 5.

This particular one made it most embarrasing grin
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Akolawole(m): 2:45pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Tgirl4real

Got your mail.

I will be available only when other members of the Elders council does theirs grin.

I got to give them their due respect.

SirKay, Dr Kitaun, Bagoma, Rikkyjen, BolaOni, Lordimpaq, 4Play and few others who laid a very good foundation for today's Nairaland-sports.

In Travel, can you give Funkybabe and Pataki a shout as well.
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Akolawole(m): 2:47pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Sharoun

You dey eat shusi? No wonder! grin

@Debo

So you no dey date anyone here? grin
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Ibime(m): 3:49pm On Feb 09, 2009
Akolawole:

@Tgirl4real

Got your mail.

I will be available only when other members of the Elders council does theirs grin.

My friend sharraaaaaaap dia! I only did my interview on the premise that you would do yours. Infact, I specifically asked TGirl to do an interview with you as I had to pay my respect to my elders grin. She promised that she would do your interview immediately after mine. So hurry up and stop waiting for elder council, when you are the Elder-in-chief.  grin
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by tangent(f): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2009

Tangent,U are just 21 and U already have a bachelors degree. GOOD JOB Mami!!

that is the normal age students graduate. nothing new.

tope2000:

@tangent
gr8 interview

thank you, topsy. wink

@ ibime, i don't dig married men. cheesy i am satisfied with sauron. tongue
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by RichyBlacK(m): 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2009
Ibime:

So you studied Operational Research? That was one of me favourite subjects at undergrad but I never chased it further cos I was hooked on PDE's, otherwise that was my second favourite subject of interest. Game theory, Analytical decision making, Simplex Algorithm, methods of optimisation and all that. I actually met John Nash when he came to London to give a seminar. As my lecturer said, his mind is not so beautiful anymore. He was giving a talk on Game Theory and he suddenly switched and started solving some extra-terrestrial mathematics that was completely off-topic.

LOL at space mathematics! Never met John Nash, I wish I could though. As part of the literature review of the game-theoretic section of my work, I referenced his famous paper on "Non-Cooperative Game". PDEs are very interesting too, especially in your area of mathematical finance. When I think of PDEs and finance  (PDEs are heavily used in engineering also), my mind goes straight to Wiener processes.
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Tgirl4real(f): 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
Akolawole:

@Tgirl4real

Got your mail.

SirKay, Dr Kitaun, Bagoma, Rikkyjen, BolaOni, Lordimpaq, 4Play and few others who laid a very good foundation for today's Nairaland-sports.

In Travel, can you give Funkybabe and Pataki a shout as well.

Some of these people I have asked but no response. U can bring them and I will do the interview. If u look well, u will see Pataki's interview

Ibime:

My friend sharraaaaaaap dia! I only did my interview on the premise that you would do yours. Infact, I specifically asked TGirl to do an interview with you as I had to pay my respect to my elders grin. She promised that she would do your interview immediately after mine. So hurry up and stop waiting for elder council, when you are the Elder-in-chief. grin

Abeg tell am o undecided
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by RichyBlacK(m): 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
Ben20001:

This particular one made it most embarrasing grin

LOL! I will never forget that day. Till today, that guy only remembers his victory, mine remains an "after the fact". sad Don't have time to play much chess these days.
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Shaz(f): 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2009
Many old people on this forum o
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Ibime(m): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2009
RichyBlacK:

PDEs are very interesting too, especially in your area of mathematical finance. When I think of PDEs and finance  (PDEs are heavily used in engineering also), my mind goes straight to Wiener processes.

O-boy, I keep telling you I never studied Mathematical finance. My course was "Applied Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing". Infact, most of it was mathematical physics (Computational Fluid Dynamics, Finite Elements and all that.) I only chose to do my thesis in Option-pricing cos I have an interest in financial markets, outside of my scope of study. You come dey carry mouth talk say I no be Mathematician. Take time o! Is Mathematics only Pure Mathematics?
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by SeXYhOTmOM(f): 6:45pm On Feb 10, 2009
tgirl got ur message

wld buzz u k!!!! wink
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by spikedcylinder: 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2009
Ibime:

LOL!

I think thats what made John's mind beautiful in the first place, the extra terrestialness (!grin) of his mathematics. tongue
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by chamotex(m): 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2009
LMAO at RichyBlacK

Why didn't you just say the whole Nollywood industry cheesy
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 12, 2009
I always thought Richy was a lawyer. . .

Engineer full ground for NL cheesy

and those lawyers say we no sabi grammer grin
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by RichyBlacK(m): 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2009
chamotex:

LMAO at RichyBlacK

Why didn't you just say the whole Nollywood industry cheesy

O boy, you talk true. I love em all!
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by RichyBlacK(m): 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2009
oyb:

I always thought Richy was a lawyer. . .

Engineer full ground for NL cheesy

and those lawyers say we no sabi grammer grin

If you love politics, you'll soon find yourself reading about the law.
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by dplo(m): 12:39am On Feb 14, 2009
boring thread
@tgirl4real
whats cracking pretty,your thread has never been this boring,wetin happen,i must confess.the tread i have loved most and contributed much to,belongs to you
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by dani1luv: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2009
Tgirl is busy

Try again Later!!!
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by kaypumpin2(m): 1:25am On Feb 16, 2009
Nice interviews and more grease, Love Ibime's,A-40 and Debosky's most.

But really what parametres and indices dictate what question the interviewer asks the respondents.I ask this as the questions are not consistent for each interviewee;some questions asked Seun,were not asked Doyin and so on.Just curious and will like to know.

Also will like you to interview Inspired(Auto section),Tayo D(Foreign politics),Busy Body(every section(lol) and sisikill or is it jinx now, and Bamsyle(Music section).

All in all great work in here and keep it up.
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by tosinaded(m): 11:59am On Feb 16, 2009
y are peeps surprised sum1 got B.sc at 21 undecided
na normal tin na abi

had mine at 21 also wink
lmfao
i'll brag wont i grin
Re: Upclose and Personal with Nairalanders by dyabman(m): 3:45am On Feb 17, 2009
liar

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (74)

Tiwa Savage Does The #BroomChallenge. Celebrities React (Video) / Sophia Momodu Shares Beautiful Swimsuit Pictures / Bollywood Female Celebrities Photos (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.