Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,802 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe (33526 Views)

FG Suspends Deduction Of States’ Loans / SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report / Court Orders T.B. Joshua To Testify On Nov. 5 Over Synagogue Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by ochejoseph(m): 4:57am On Sep 24, 2014
THE Lagos State government has suspended its independent investigation into the cause of the collapse of a guesthouse in the premises of Synagogue Church of All Nations, which killed 86 people on September 12.

State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Lateef Ibirogba, confirmed this on Tuesday, as he disclosed that all findings on the disaster would be withheld pending the outcome of another probe panel set up by the Federal Government.

The state government had on Monday called a world press conference on the disaster, which was later rescheduled for Tuesday.  

Ibirogba, on Tuesday, announced that the briefing had been cancelled based on “experts’ advice”. He said the advice was taken since the Federal Government’s committee was already investigating the disaster.

“We have some issues coming up. We would not want to do anything that will embarrass anyone, ourselves or compromise ongoing investigation being carried out by others. This is why we are putting this off; please bear with us,” he said.

On the rationale of Federal Government setting up another probe panel after the one constituted by the state government had concluded findings, Ibirogba said the fresh probe was in order since nationals of other countries were involved in the disaster.

The commissioner said: “we don’t want to pre-empt the committee or sentence anyone before comprehensive report. Agencies of government are working, with representatives of the state government. Together, they will make their findings known as soon as they are through.”

It will be recalled that the South African government had called on the Federal Government to quicken investigation into the building collapse, as majority of those who died in the incident were South Africans.

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), shortly after the conclusion of rescue operations, had put the total number of the dead at 86.

http://tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/16863-synagogue-lagos-suspends-probe

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by bucke1: 5:01am On Sep 24, 2014
OK. But it will be faster if the federal government probe starts from where state probe ends.

8 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 24, 2014
Arrant nonsense. They are only tring to save TBJ using mago mago. What is the "committee" and probe for? We all know that the man neglected the law and his actions has relationship with the building collapse. Why suspend a probe that has concluded its findings? Since when did Lagos State Govt start being an attachee of the FG? Fashola and his government has embarrassed me and other followers of LASG! This is the same thing FG did on Stealer Oduah, Subsidy thieves, Ali Ndume, Alimodu Sheriff etal.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by alaladakosta(f): 5:57am On Sep 24, 2014
We saw it coming

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by sammieguze(m): 5:58am On Sep 24, 2014
This is an Evidence that the nigerian law is only meant for the poor

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by LMAyedun(m): 5:59am On Sep 24, 2014
So Lagos state Gov't is this irresponsible as well.
When will Nigeria start to get things right?

R I P to those we lost

40 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by lonelydora: 5:59am On Sep 24, 2014
I knew it will come to this

5 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by InwehAkpevwe(m): 6:00am On Sep 24, 2014
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by omenka(m): 6:00am On Sep 24, 2014
Fashola, you disappoint me BIG TIME on this one!!!!
This happened under your jurisdiction, why put things on hold for the FG?? Is TB Joshua bigger than Lagos state?? angry

This is totally unacceptable!!!

Would this have been the case had your children been among the dead?? What kind of rubbish is this??!!

#edit.

How does one expect an unbiased probe from the government when the president visited the site to "condole" with the "prophet" shaking hands with him and smiling??

Nigeria is a big joke!! The more I think about it, the more I'm vexed!! angryangry

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by otijah(m): 6:00am On Sep 24, 2014
Most of you guys ranting nonsense here didn't even read the topic and went into conlusion,nobody is trying to save tb joshua here I think they are just trying to follow due process so that nobody makes a mistakes

39 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by egopersonified(f): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2014
I talk am, naija I hail thee.

3 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by reubenemavwoya(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2014
Super Story
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by justi4jesu(f): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2014
undecided
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by omogidi234(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2014
Federal Government setting up a probe panel (beater) in a matter within the purview of the State Government. Okay, may be because foreigners are involved and their home government seized money from us recently.

5 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by ochilikoko(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: Arrant nonsense. They are only tring to save TBJ using mago mago. What is the "committee" and probe for? We all know that the man neglected the law and his actions has relationship with the building collapse. Why suspend a probe that has concluded its findings? Since when did Lagos State Govt start being an attachee of the FG? Fashola and his government has embarrassed me and other followers of LASG! This is the same thing FG did on Stealer Oduah, Subsidy thieves, Ali Ndume, Alimodu Sheriff etal.
ALL NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE D SAME IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR PARTY AFFILIATION

28 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 24, 2014
i think it's just to allow for due process, not to subvert justice.... so let's not get worked up on it.
#myOpinion

1 Like

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Pavore9: 6:02am On Sep 24, 2014
Justice must be served no matter who is involved.

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by dridowu: 6:04am On Sep 24, 2014
FG constitute another ctte ? That is bad because another ctte will still be constitute to review the ctte result.
Temitope Joshua must face the law

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by ZUBY77(m): 6:04am On Sep 24, 2014
And so goes the investigation to the dogs.

South Africa is keeping your 9.3 million dollars.
They know how you do things in this country.
They will compensate the families with the money.
I hope they seize the jet too, a real man of God has no business owning a jet.
I m beginning to believe the money was meant to be hidden in South Africa.
Forget the weapon crap,
Israelis don't buy weapons from any Africa Country

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:05am On Sep 24, 2014
Why Won't They Keep Off? Our God Is Bigger Than Them. Ride On With The Good Work My Prophet!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:05am On Sep 24, 2014
Why Won't They Keep Off? Our God Is Bigger Than Them. Ride On With The Good Work My Prophet!!

3 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by drkay(m): 6:05am On Sep 24, 2014
Really? God is watching them in 3D.

3 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by datguru: 6:06am On Sep 24, 2014
they shouldn't stress themselves, I have a solution

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 24, 2014
Good, good. We await another tragedy. There is a thin line between politics and religion in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by sheikh89: 6:08am On Sep 24, 2014
padi padi arrangemnt....wit dis it shows BRF is no different from pdp he toks ill of......dis is corruption in broad daylight.....

APC - not d ansa to Nigeria's probs......

WARNING: dis land is not for sale. trespassers will be shot.....survivors will b shot- AGAIN !!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Degis(m): 6:09am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: Arrant nonsense. They are only tring to save TBJ using mago mago. What is the "committee" and probe for? We all know that the man neglected the law and his actions has relationship with the building collapse. Why suspend a probe that has concluded its findings? Since when did Lagos State Govt start being an attachee of the FG? Fashola and his government has embarrassed me and other followers of LASG! This is the same thing FG did on Stealer Oduah, Subsidy thieves, Ali Ndume, Alimodu Sheriff etal.

..And dem go talk say this one get sense abi?

3 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by iceberylin(m): 6:09am On Sep 24, 2014
ŤĤĨs ĨŚ ŔĔÁĹĹŶ ÁŃŃŐŶĨŃĞ

1 Like

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by faaz24: 6:10am On Sep 24, 2014
[i][/i]Arrant nonsense... So nonsensical from LASG
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 24, 2014
The Man of God has been praying... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

EMMANUEEEEEEL. [My Sarcasm]

May God Heal Nigeria, the probe was an opportunity to soil the reputation of Nigeria as a whole
It was utilised to the fullest
[My Straight Talk]
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by darlingnuel(m): 6:11am On Sep 24, 2014
"...we don't want to...sentence anyone before...blah blah blah..." Had it been that some foreigners were not affected in this mess, the matter would have been swept under the carpet longtime ago, and innocent people would just perish and forgotten like they were some animals! I want the SA government to ensure justice is served! I weep for Nigeria!

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Three Soldiers Killed By Militants In Foropa, Southern Ijaw, Bayelsa / God Will Choose My Successor - Fayose - The Nation / Osinbajo orders 24-hour operations at Apapa Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.