Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe (33549 Views)

FG Suspends Deduction Of States’ Loans / SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report / Court Orders T.B. Joshua To Testify On Nov. 5 Over Synagogue Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by loswhite(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2014
justi4jesu: undecided
what if I have already bought the goods can u do only the shipping
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by justi4jesu(f): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2014
loswhite: what if I have already bought the goods can u do only the shipping

Lol is this the thread for your question cheesy

Yes sure i can provide you with my US Address and you buy and ship your goods there and then i send them to Nigeria.

Click on my signature for more info.

Let's don't derail the thread.
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by feedthenation(m): 8:49am On Sep 24, 2014
I can't believe that nothing will come out of this useless committee report.

The collapsing of the building should be treating as a criminal offence which should be investigated thoroughly.

Does this mean that those who lose their lives, have died in vain?
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Ezyp(m): 8:52am On Sep 24, 2014
Am so surprised how people who call themselves Christians and devoted followers of these pastors would login to nairaland and USE CURSE WORDS to express themselves..

5 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by OgologoDimkpa: 8:57am On Sep 24, 2014
ramdris: For the 1st tym BRF disappoint me to the core.
And who are you?
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by sugaarbear(m): 9:00am On Sep 24, 2014
God is greater than the federal government.........oya haters of tbjoshua make una go hit head for wall

1 Like

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 24, 2014
@youngdanaval.....you can keep ur respect for the prophets and clergy people in your pocket for all I care. My lack of respect for them is not your business. I can already tell that you're a useless busybody looking for something to replace ur joblessness with.
I've worked closely with some of these clergy Fkctrds. A lot of them are not pure. I still maintain that the TB joshua or whatever should face the music.

Btw...I think I know why youngdanaval is so dumb.....his head looks like foofoo that wasn't properly made.

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by AfroBlue(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2014
Lagos lawyer prepares his lawsuit.

Premium Times (Abuja)
23 September 2014
Nigeria: Synagogue Building Collapse - Lawyer Threatens to Sue T.B Joshua

By Ben Ezeamalu

A Lagos-based lawyer, Samuel Ilori, has threatened to sue Temitope Joshua (popularly known as T.B Joshua), the founder of The Synagogue Church of All Nations, over the death of dozens of people after a building collapsed in the church's premises.

Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES on Tuesday, Mr. Ilori said that his group, Vote for Service Initiative, which advocates for good governance and human rights, will take up the case if the Lagos State government continues its foot-dragging.

"I started the campaign from last week that T.B Joshua must be brought to book, that justice must be done over the case," said Mr. Ilori, a Corporate and Property Consultant.

"Because this is not the first time we will have a collapsed building, and this is not the first time that the Lagos State government has confiscated such land and made sure that the developer or the owner of the land face the law.

"What we are asking for is that government should do the needful. I believe they have concluded their investigation, as far as evacuation is concerned evacuation has been done. Everything that needed to be done, I believe has been done," Mr. Ilori added.

A five-storey building inside the church's premises in Ikotun, Lagos, collapsed on September 12 as three additional floors were being added to the original two-storey structure.

Eighty-six dead bodies were recovered from the rubble and 131 rescued, according to the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA.

On Monday, Jeff Radebe, a South African minister, said that 115 people, including 84 South Africans, died in the incident.

Both the Lagos State government and the Nigerian Institute of Building have stated that the church did not get approval before embarking on construction on the collapsed building.

The Lagos State government says it is still investigating the cause of the incident.

But Mr. Ilori accused the government of giving Mr. Joshua a preferential treatment.

"Section 74(1) of the Physical Planning and Development Law of Lagos State states inter alia that at any time there is a collapsed building within the state. Wherever it is discovered that there is a negligence on the part of the owner or the developer, that land will be confiscated and whoever is at the other side of the law will be prosecuted," Mr. Ilori said.

"That's exactly what we are asking for. That the Lagos State government headed by Governor Fashola should do the needful. That by now the land of Synagogue supposed to have been confiscated, especially that land where the building collapsed.

"But up till now they are still dilly dallying, up till now they are still trying to do it in a palliative way to see that they give the man a soft landing. All those shenanigan visits, I am not interested.

"How long are they going to investigate? What are they investigating? The question is, what are they investigating? They are investigating the cacophony of lies that the man put up, the first time he said it was Boko Haram, the second time he said it was one plane hovering about...

"They (the church) said they have an approval, the government said 'bring the approval,' they said the approval has collapsed with the building. That is nonsense. They are just giving the man enough time to buy time so that they can die this matter and that is the reason why we are not going to allow him."

'Criminal negligence'

Mr. Ilori said that he would take the campaign to prosecute Mr. Joshua to the social media to create a lot of awareness. "By Thursday, by his grace, my group is going to write to the Lagos State government intimating him of those things that he had done concerning criminal negligence," Mr. Ilori said.

"In 2008, Reverend King was convicted for putting fire on one of his devotees, the lady died. Reverend King right now is waiting for the guillotine. The same thing happened to Arowolo, the man they claimed killed his wife, the Lagos State government prosecuted the man and he was sentenced to death by hanging. The man is still waiting for the hangman's noose.

"Why is it that it comes to T.B Joshua and the government does not know what to do about it?

"We called it criminal negligence because if you have a foundation for a building that's supposed to collect two-storey building and you take it from two-storey building to six-storey building, that is suicidal. That means you know exactly that the foundation cannot contain that building that you are building on it and you take it for granted that whatever happens, let it happen. And that's exactly what has happened here.

"We call it criminal negligence. That is why he's supposed to be charged for culpable homicide, because he knew very well that that foundation that contain two storey building cannot take six storey building, yet he allowed it to go on."

At the back of the main building of The Synagogue Church, an ongoing construction is putting additional three floors to the five-storey building. The state government said it had already stopped the construction until the church presents the approval documents.

"They (the government) said they gave them three months. These are all systems of buying time, and that is the time that we don't have. That is time we are not going to give to Lagos State government," Mr. Ilori said.

"Every other collapsed building in Lagos State have been taken over immediately evacuation has been done. So all these time that they are trying to buy for the man, we are not going to wait.

"Because it's either the Lagos State government do the needful or a court of law will have to give them an order of mandamus, to tell us if Section 74 of that Physical Planning and Development law of Lagos State as amended in 2012 is no longer relevant. Because it is the Lagos State government that signed it into law.

"Lives have been lost. So the law of the land will apply," Mr. Ilori added.

REQUIREMENTS FOR BUILDING PLAN APPROVALS

The following documents must be submitted at the point of registration of all applications for building plan approval in line with the State policy on Operation 30 – 30; an acronym for speedy processing/approval of building plan applications:

Five (5) sets each of :-

Architectural Drawings,
Structural Drawings

with detailing/calculations and letter of structural stability from CORENsertfied Engineer.

Sanitary and Plumbing Drawings
Electrical Drawings
Mechanical Drawings

Where applicable.

One (1) Sun print copy of Survey Plan.
Proof of Land Ownership such as Certified True copy of Title Document (C of O), Letter of Ratification in case of Government Acquisition or Revocation Areas, Land Purchase Receipt e.t.c (if it is purchase receipt, it must be duly stamped and predate the Land Use Decree 6 of 28 March, 1978.
Receipts of all Land Charges paid to date in case of State land.
Current Tax Clearance (TCC) of the applicant. If Corporate body, two of its Directors’ P.A.Y.E returns of staff and Certificate of Incorporation of the Company.
Receipts of Lagos State Special Development Levy in respect of the TCC.
Receipt of Tenement rate paid to the Government in respect of rateable properties owned by the applicant in Lagos State or Sworn Affidavit in lieu.
Receipt of processing fees payable in cash or bank drafts to Lagos State Government at designated banks.
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) in respect of all Commercial Industrial, Institutional applications and some other uses prepared by an Urban and Regional Planner registered by NITP/TOPREC.
Five (5) N20 Post Stamps and 10 envelopes.
Letter of Clearance from the following Government agencies:

Change of Use & Approval in Principle from Ministry of Physical Planning & Urban Development
Planning Information from Special Applications Unit in respect of Special Applications: Places of Worship, Filling Stations, Shopping Complex, Schools, Banks, Eateries, Mortuaries & Hotels.
Land Use & Allocation Directorate: all State lands and Government Schemes.
Land Services Department: For Governor’s Consent and subsequent transactions on landed properties.
Ministry of Transportation metro line project, in case of properties around the proposed metro line alignment/corridor.
Drainage Department of MEPP: - Applications within, drainage alignment, gorge, flood plain, river/water bodies, Lagoon, shoreline e.t.c
Urban Renewal Board: applications that fall within Urban Renewal Scheme Areas.
Lagos State Surveyor General’s Office for applications that fall within acquisition, revocation and excision boundaries.

FACTS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING LAND

It is important that prospective land buyer contact the nearest Town Planning and Development Authority to find out:

Status of the Land

(i). Committed Government Acquisition

(ii). Ratifiable Acquisition/Revocation Areas

(iii). Setback from public utilities such as electricity poles, cables, NNPC pipelines, water bodies, airports, gorges, canal, security areas.

Soil Nature

Statutory requirements e.g setback to lagoons water bodies
Permissible development e.g height of the building, density e.t.c

Arming oneself with this information puts one in a good stead of starting development on the right track.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/pagemenus.php?p=205&k=188

‘Collapsed TB Joshua Building Had No Official Permit’~Lagos State Government

http://www.ekekeee.com/collapsed-tb-joshua-building-official-permitlagos-state-government/

FG, Lagos quiet on Synagogue building collapse probe print
Published on September 24, 2014 by

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/09/24/fg-lagos-quiet-on-synagogue-building-collapse-probe/

Dealing with Construction Permits in
Lagos - Nigeria

Below is a detailed summary of the procedures, time and costs to build a warehouse. This includes obtaining necessary licenses and permits, completing required notifications and inspections and obtaining utility connections.

The information appearing on this page was collected as part of the Doing Business subnational project in Nigeria. Download this Doing Business report or explore other cities and topics.
http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/exploreeconomies/nigeria/sub/lagos/topic/dealing-with-construction-permits

1 Like

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by sugaarbear(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2014
jnrbayano: They won't get away with crime as heinous as this.

TB Joshua and associates must get the full wrath of the law. Amen.

The South African government will ensure that if Nigeria fails to. I am sure.

Rest in peace to the dead and to the injured I wish a quick recovery.
but do you know that even the south african govt still stands with the prophet?
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by niceguy20: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2014
This is manifestly a ploy to hide information from inquisitive minds until another event of national importance occurs that will eclipse the SCOAN building collapse. I'm the least surprised. And I can bet that nothing will (please note the modal verb 'will') ever come out of it. Shame of a nation!
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by sugaarbear(m): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2014
YoungDaNaval: quack prophet? Now Listen, Am Aint A Member Of Scoan But I Have Equal Respect 4 All Clergy Men/Women. So What Right Do You Have To Judge? Are You God? Exactly Why You And Ya Likes Will 4eva Remain A Fool. Infact, May Amadioha Impregnate You With 5 Albino Midget! Idiot!
lol guy yu wicked o
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by felifeli: 9:15am On Sep 24, 2014
shachris: hmm....i Smell some crisp Naira Notes changing hands.
Id.iot
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by AfroBlue(m): 9:19am On Sep 24, 2014
courtesy of NL member @lawyer over in the properties section

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland Aug 17, 2010

https://www.nairaland.com/498747/calculations-requirements-obtaining-building-plan
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 24, 2014
I don't think the excuse given by the Lagos State Government is out of place. What would you have done differently if you were the Governor of the State.
A building belonging to a Politician collapsed in Abuja few years back and many people died, but no sanction or investigation whatsoever! Do you guys even know the numbers of buildings collapsing everyday in this country? It's a good thing we're aware of this one. The State Government have concluded its own findings and the Federal Government is still on its own. Both findings have to be harmonised to avoid duplication! This's the second week and I don't think it's still too late!
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 24, 2014
YoungDaNaval: And May You and Your Entire Extended Families Die A Miserable Death b4 This Year Runs Down. Føol!

You're The Bigger Fool Here. What Really Happened Was Natural Disaster So Don't Be Stupid! You Fink T.B Joshua Is Behind The Collapsed Building? What Right Do You Have To Judge A God's Anointing? Do You Have Proof? Infact Don't Dare Quote Me Again Coz Your IQ Is As Low As Tahiti's Fifa Ranking! Oloshious Fellow!

If you're a follower of TB Joshua then you've further shamed him. Is this how a real Christian should address people? You can make your points without insulting or cursing anyone.

4 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by uzolexis(f): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Mark Ma User Name And Don't Ever Quote Me Again. I Don't Wanna Be Harsh On You Coz You're A Lady. Respect Yaself And Be Warned!

If you don't want to be quoted get off NL,as long as u r here I can quote you and the worse you can do is insult me tongue

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Ndukwe007(m): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Why Won't They Keep Off? Our God Is Bigger Than Them. Ride On With The Good Work My Prophet!
I PITY YOU BRAIN WASHED LIVING ZO.......

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by ooshinibos: 9:30am On Sep 24, 2014
john4reala:
may the thunder of devil fire EBOLA into your family for calling Nigeria "land of evil"

so you cant handle the truth ..i see why Nigeria is the way it is ...89 people dead and you are not bothered that your government is not doing anything ...you are responsible for whats happening in the evil land :-)

1 Like

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Why Won't They Keep Off? Our God Is Bigger Than Them. Ride On With The Good Work My Prophet!!
u well so? bcareful don't let loss my wrath on you

1 Like

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by ayindejimmy(m): 9:37am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: Fashola, you disappoint me BIG TIME on this one!!!!
This happened under your jurisdiction, why put things on hold for the FG?? Is TB Joshua bigger than Lagos state?? angry

This is totally unacceptable!!!

Would this have been the case had your children been among the dead?? What kind of rubbish is this??!!

#edit.

How does one expect an unbiased probe from the government when the president visited the site to "condole" with the "prophet" shaking hands with him and smiling??

Nigeria is a big joke!! The more I think about it, the more I'm vexed!! angryangry
dnt jump in2 conclusion too fast. It happened in Lag but since lives were lost it is being seen as homicide and thats a criminal offence dat has to be handled by the Feds.
What do u want Fasola to do? To disobey d law?
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:38am On Sep 24, 2014
uzolexis:

If you don't want to be quoted get off NL,as long as u r here I can quote you and the worse you can do is insult me tongue
And Guess What? Lol I Don't Insult Ladies.
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by stevecantrell: 9:42am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: Arrant nonsense. They are only tring to save TBJ using mago mago. What is the "committee" and probe for? We all know that the man neglected the law and his actions has relationship with the building collapse. Why suspend a probe that has concluded its findings? Since when did Lagos State Govt start being an attachee of the FG? Fashola and his government has embarrassed me and other followers of LASG! This is the same thing FG did on Stealer Oduah, Subsidy thieves, Ali Ndume, Alimodu Sheriff etal.

Why does anyone follow a corrupt LASG in the first place ?

I mean how could you (or anyone else) not see this coming ?
Come february 2015, you will all troop out and vote for another Fashola incarnate. Stop complaining.
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:43am On Sep 24, 2014
tatiana009:

If you're a follower of TB Joshua then you've further shamed him. Is this how a real Christian should address people? You can make your points without insulting or cursing anyone.
Says Another Nitwit. Where Were You When They're Raining All Kind Of Insults And Swearing Words On Me? Are You Gonna Pretend You Neva Saw Them? You're Nafin But A Hypocrites!
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by modaofnations(f): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2014
sonOfLucifer: Good, good. We await another tragedy. There is a thin line between politics and religion in this country.
Pls change dis name. It doesn't add up. It doesn't suit u. U have been bought wit a price; Jesus paid the price for you. Juju no de reign again, satanism is no longer in vogue. Na JESUS de REIGN!! Dats where da swags is. SHALOM
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by stevecantrell: 9:44am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: Fashola, you disappoint me BIG TIME on this one!!!!
This happened under your jurisdiction, why put things on hold for the FG?? Is TB Joshua bigger than Lagos state?? angry

This is totally unacceptable!!!

Would this have been the case had your children been among the dead?? What kind of rubbish is this??!!

#edit.

How does one expect an unbiased probe from the government when the president visited the site to "condole" with the "prophet" shaking hands with him and smiling??

Nigeria is a big joke!! The more I think about it, the more I'm vexed!! angryangry

He didn't disappoint me at all. He did exactly what I expected he would do.
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by darlingnuel(m): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2014
Ezyp: Am so surprised how people who call themselves Christians and devoted followers of these pastors would login to nairaland and USE CURSE WORDS to express themselves..
My brother, na wetin I dey see oo! I suppose, the ones dt do that re just d miracle seekers: they worship him fr d miracles but aren't true Christians. This type can kill to defend their #MiracleWorker. Don't mess with them ooo grin I'm sure you'd remember what Peter, d disciple, did during Jesus' arrest. Surprisingly, Jesus rebuked this violent act of defence! Aren't Christians supposed to learn from this? Sadly, majority hardly study and apply the Bible (in their lives)...

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2014
bodashee: @youngdanaval.....you can keep ur respect for the prophets and clergy people in your pocket for all I care. My lack of respect for them is not your business. I can already tell that you're a useless busybody looking for something to replace ur joblessness with.
I've worked closely with some of these clergy Fkctrds. A lot of them are not pure. I still maintain that the TB joshua or whatever should face the music.

Btw...I think I know why youngdanaval is so dumb.....his head looks like foofoo that wasn't properly made.
Says An Adopted Daughter Of A Lesbian. Itz None Of Ma Business As You Talk Shit Abt Men Of God? Even If They're Fake, Are You God To Judge Them? Well, Ride On, You're Cursed Already. One Day You'll Realise What You'd Done To Yaself. Fool!
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by uzolexis(f): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2014
YoungDaNaval: And Guess What? Lol I Don't Insult Ladies.
Good for you
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:50am On Sep 24, 2014
brito:

I guess you didn't follow the story,,no need talking with someone that is brainwashed by tb Joshua's Emmanuel TV
And That Gave You The Right To Insult Me And Ma Fam? It Shall Never Be Well With You And Your Entire Generation! Anuofia!
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by berrystunn(m): 9:51am On Sep 24, 2014
More to come Cup go soon full lipsrsealed
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by Originalsly: 9:51am On Sep 24, 2014
Why should the State investigate itself? It is the state that turned a blind eye when illegal additional floors were added to the collapsed building. It is the state that even after the collapse of that building gave the go ahead for church to be held in yet another building with illegal additions. However, in such disasters the FG should always be the one investigating. If the State has concluded its investigations then why is this one saying it is suspending it?
Re: Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:51am On Sep 24, 2014
uzolexis:
Good for you
Don't Quote Me Again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / Afolabi Akanni Receives Heroic Welcome As He Arrives Ado-ekiti. Photos / We Did Not Invade Ekiti Government House - Police (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.