Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? (3037 Views)

Why Do We Always Make Mistake Of MouthAction Before Condom / Did I Make A Mistake By Forgiving Her ? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by doris4u(f): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
Am a graduate of one of the Nigerian Universities.i dated my ex for4yrs.Early dis yr he contacted me bt i refusedto travel to see him.Recently he persuaded me dat we need to reconcile. I travelle to see him,on getting there around 8pm,he told me dat i wld leave d nxt day due to d fact dat he was told to travel for something important.During dat nite he was busy wit his fone instead ,2 gals kept calling him nd he claimed dat he had nothing wit them,one kept calling till 11pm dat nite.He said dat we shld reconcile cos he doesnt want to hold grudges wit me bt she become friends first. i told him dis could be discussed on fone without me coming ti spend a nite for someone he hasnt seen for 2yrs. I left d nxt morning nd he didnt even help me wit one naira for my tfare,d most painful part is dat he had his way wit me nd didnt call me as i was on my journey,wen i got home i calld him to say i av gotten home.Later dat nite i called him nd didnt pick bt tried his no 15min later only to have met him on 20 min call. out of annoyance i sent him a bad text nd he blocked me on bbm nd whatsapp nd told me neva ti call him again dat he sees dat i will neva change.Nairalanders did i do anything in trying to forgive dis guy

1 Like

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Abduletudaye(m): 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
doris4u: Am a graduate of one of the Nigerian Universities.i dated my ex for4yrs.Early dis yr he contacted me bt i refusedto travel to see him.Recently he persuaded me dat we need to reconcile. I travelle to see him,on getting there around 8pm,he told me dat i wld leave d nxt day due to d fact dat he was told to travel for something important.During dat nite he was busy wit his fone instead ,2 gals kept calling him nd he claimed dat he had nothing wit them,one kept calling till 11pm dat nite.He said dat we shld reconcile cos he doesnt want to hold grudges wit me bt she become friends first. i told him dis could be discussed on fone without me coming ti spend a nite for someone he hasnt seen for 2yrs. I left d nxt morning nd he didnt even help me wit one naira for my tfare,d most painful part is dat he had his way wit me nd didnt call me as i was on my journey,wen i got home i calld him to say i av gotten home.Later dat nite i called him nd didnt pick bt tried his no 15min later only to have met him on 20 min call. out of annoyance i sent him a bad text nd he blocked me on bbm nd whatsapp nd told me neva ti call him again dat he sees dat i will neva change.Nairalanders did i do anything in trying to forgive dis guy

OP, am a guy and I understand you.. You haven't done anything in trying to forgive him.. Infact forgive him so that you will have peace... It is well..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
Abduletudaye:
OP, am a guy and I understand you.. You haven't done anything in trying to forgive him.. Infact forgive him so that you will have peace... It is well..

Yes in your own interest forgive him.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by MizMyColi(f): 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
This story just reinforces an age long principle I've held;

Once an Ex, Always an Ex.

It is only in extreme cases that I'd advise anyone to re-date an ex.

Time & genuine repentance must be given and clearly shown respectively.

OP, you're prolly beating yourself up
You've prolly made a decision to see men as douchebags.

I won't tell you to stop, but while you're it, always remember that you can be happy again, that irrespective of what you think of yourself and how inferior you might be feeling, YOU ARE WORTHY of everything good.

Please don't stay moody for long.
Ask your God (if you believe in one) to help you become happy again, to be truly happy, you need to reeally forgive him and make a deep seated decision to forgive and FORGET him.

These things won't occur spontaneously, what matters is the decision you've made.

I promise you this:
You'll get over Him
You'll be happy again
You'll be full of life again
You'll gather your act and perspective.

Until and before then, please don't go rushing into another relationship.wink

Signed: Mizmycoli(f)

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by doris4u(f): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Thanks
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Swagavillage(m): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
but u sef eeennn ?? y u go allow am go near ur kitten again na?? u f up o
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Tymax(m): 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Chai. This is wickedness; toying with a woman like this. OP forgive him and embrace peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
OP.. Just forgive him.. I bEt u, God will keEp punisHiNg Him...
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by barackodam: 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
He just needed you for that shii, forget him and move on.

BTW, your qst, you ddnt do no mistake

1 Like

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
You did nothing wrong by forgiving. Infact, 'forgiving' is one thing that could NEVER go wrong. But hey, you did a lot of other things wrong.

There's a scripture in Proverbs that says ''a good man guards his affairs with discretion'', and another says ''wisdom'' is profitable to direct''. In your attempt at being good by forgiving, you threw discretion and wisdom into the trashcan. And such things usually come with consequences as you're experiencing now.

For Christ's sake, your ex wanted you to reconcile, yet you had to be the one to travel! Why couldnt he come for you? Why did you think you had to travel for your forgiveness to get to him? From the little you've written, I can boldly say he has no respect for you, and must have let you know in no subtle way while the relationship was on, yet you let him disrespect you again. The average person in your life would usually 'poke' you to find your boundaries, and when they find out you have none, you are done for. This is exactly what has happened here.

'He had his way with me': can you please take some responsibility? He didnt force you, so why speak like that? Your body is the temple of God; you dont give gold to swines.

All said and done, we all make mistakes, but I'll like to tell you to leave that guy alone. Learn from this episode and put it behind you. You can forgive him without having him in your life. He who needs a friend should prove himself friendly. If he cant, then he should shift. Build your self esteem too and make some new rules to abide by. For starters, decide to act more respectably; refuse to be treated like a yoyo by anyone. Lastly, keep your body to yourself till after marriage.

All the best.

9 Likes

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by MizMyColi(f): 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=]but u sef eeennn ?? y u go allow am go near ur kitten again na?? u f up o[/quote]

Emotions are really powerful, albeit, not beyond the control of those who wield it.

I don't blame her really, you shouldn't either.

Trust me, every mistake she made is playing before her like a video reel.
We shouldn't add our own production.

The best we can do now is encourage and spur her to believe that the best can still come to her.

Thanks

Signed: MizMyColi(f)

3 Likes

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by MizMyColi(f): 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
MrIknowAll: OP.. Just forgive him.. I bEt u, God will keEp punisHiNg Him...

You can't ask her to forgive the guy and expect God to keep punishing him.
That God must be a devil.

1 Like

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Abduletudaye(m): 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
doris4u: Thanks

You're welcome..
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by naijaboiy: 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
The guy prolly wanted to have his last ride before he dumps you finally undecided

Many guys do that,,Sadly cry

As long as you know you forgave him from your heart,,then you have no need to worry...

Pick and dust yourself up,,you still have things to achieve in your life wink

Wish you the best cool

2 Likes

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by vincent561(m): 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mehn! This is really pathetic!. I feel ur pain sis.

All i have to say is 'MOVE ON!'. Don't waste ur tym on dat ingrate(sorry to say). But u really made a hell of a mistake by getting in bed with him after a long while and i believe u've learnt ur lesson. Well,it only shows u re deeply in love with the said guy,i understand.

I'll like u to know that u never did any thing wrong by forgiving him. Pick up ur pieces nd get on with ur life. Bear no grudge against him. No guy is worth stressing ur lacrimal gland!. U re an angel and there re a phalanx of gud guys out there willing to love nd cherish u forever.

Go with these and enjoy the more palatable life that lies ahead of u.

5 Likes

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Ymodulus: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

Emotions are really powerful, albeit, not beyond the control of those who wield it.

I don't blame her really, you shouldn't either.

Trust me, every mistake she made is playing before her like a video reel.
We shouldn't add our own production.

The best we can do now is encourage and spur her to believe that the best can still come to her.

Thanks

Signed: MizMyColi(f)

I may sound sarcastic but i don't think letting her believe the best is yet to come is a good idea.

Just as you have said upwards emotions are really powerful, albeit, not beyond the control of those who wield it. left to me i do zero my mind of it. Humanity boys and girls in general have bad sides and i think its best staying alone, no love, no relationship, no moment of happiness this will make us the best humans.

1 Like

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by doris4u(f): 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
Thnks friends, i dnt knw hw i let him av his way
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Ymodulus: 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by MizMyColi(f): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ymodulus:

I may sound sarcastic but i don't think letting her believe the best is yet to come is a good idea.

Just as you have said upwards emotions are really powerful, albeit, not beyond the control of those who wield it. left to me i do zero my mind of it. Humanity boys and girls in general have bad sides and i think its best staying alone, no love, no relationship, no moment of happiness this will make us the best humans.

Ah!
Ymodulus shocked

That worldview imo is sadistic.
Whaaaaa!!!

it's never a wrong thing to hope and work towards the/being the best.
It's innate in every human to pursue happiness.

Some find it in money
Others in clothes
Others in money
Men
Women
Religion
Etc

For me, real happiness and Joy transcends this world.

It's never a bad idea to keep hope alive, that one day, our desires, especially right ones, can and will come to pass.
Even though this is a passage from the bible, I've found it to hold true in my life and until proven otherwise, I'll keep applying it:

As a man thinketh in his heart, ...................

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Ymodulus: 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
doris4u: Thnks friends, i dnt knw hw i let him av his way

Did you open this thread in need of consolation or advice?

Even though he raised your hopes high, i found several things wrong with your acts.

1. Expecting T-Fare from him??!!! Sis i mean harm, you may insult me for what am about to say i dont care. Please never expect from a guy. You saying T-Fare to go back home is just rubbish

2. Well i don't have an experience on this but from hear say and books/ movies its easy to open up to your ex, however you went far by letting him have your way.

3. He did block you on two networking messengers, also asked you never to call him and you are asking yourself what you did wrong?

Literally shaking my head.

Except you are not saying something.

well am really mad on point no 1 the TFARE

Now i don't blame South African girls and their response towards guys. I will give them 1Million +
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Ymodulus: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

Ah!
Ymodulus shocked

That worldview imo is sadistic.
Whaaaaa!!!

it's never a wrong thing to hope and work towards the/being the best.
It's innate in every human to pursue happiness.

Some find it in money
Others in clothes
Others in money
Men
Women
Religion
Etc

For me, real happiness and Joy transcends this world.

It's never a bad idea to keep hope alive, that one day, our desires, especially right ones, can and will come to pass.
Even though this is a passage from the bible, I've found it to hold true in my life and until proven otherwise, I'll keep applying it:

As a man thinketh in his heart, ...................

Naa hope alive? There is no Joy in the world no!!!
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by MizMyColi(f): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ymodulus:

Did you open this thead in need of consolation or advice?

Even though he raised your hopes high, i found several things wrong with your acts.

1. Expecting T-Fare from him??!!! Sis i mean harm, you may insult me for what am about to say i dont care. Please never expect from a guy. You saying T-Fare to go back home is just rubbish

2. Well i don't have an experience on this but from hear say and books/ movies its easy to open up to your ex, however you went far by letting him have your way.

3. He did block you on two networking messengers, also asked you never to call him and you are asking yourself what you did wrong?

Literally shaking my head.

Except you are not saying something.

well am really mad on point no 1 the TFARE

Smh YM

Who nuh go, nuh know.

I've never told you this but, I strongly believe you're ISTP or whitin the TP category.

As a thinker, you're naturally aloof of people's emotions, and somedays, you just don't understand why a person should be committed to someone all in the name of pursuing happiness, when what they end up getting is heartbreaks and broken dreams.

For you, you'd rather bury yourself in your work, doing more meaningful things than getting entangled in feelings and emotions.

You even deny your feelings and emotions if a situation calls for it.

Sweetee, I understand your person, maybe more than I'll ever admit, even though we've never met, neither dating. That's chiefly because I'm an FJ.

But please cut this young woman some slack.
She might not be as emotionally strong to receive lashings now.

Show Mercy, Give her Grace.
Me love ya to the moon and back wink
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by MizMyColi(f): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2014

I'm very grateful at most of the comments I see here.

The romance section of NL's doing great.
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Ymodulus: 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

Smh YM.

Show Mercy, Give her Grace.
Me love ya to the moon and back wink

Ok. I heard you.

But when she comes crying tomorrow. Do not say I never warned you.

@Op.
Happiness is a door to downfall. Embrace Sadness
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by cybug: 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ymodulus:

Ok. I heard you.

But when she comes crying tomorrow. Do not say I never warned you.

@Op.
Happiness is a door to downfall. Embrace Sadness
Huh shocked

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
doris4u: Am a graduate of one of the Nigerian Universities.i dated my ex for4yrs.Early dis yr he contacted me bt i refusedto travel to see him.Recently he persuaded me dat we need to reconcile. I travelle to see him,on getting there around 8pm,he told me dat i wld leave d nxt day due to d fact dat he was told to travel for something important.During dat nite he was busy wit his fone instead ,2 gals kept calling him nd he claimed dat he had nothing wit them,one kept calling till 11pm dat nite.He said dat we shld reconcile cos he doesnt want to hold grudges wit me bt she become friends first. i told him dis could be discussed on fone without me coming ti spend a nite for someone he hasnt seen for 2yrs. I left d nxt morning nd he didnt even help me wit one naira for my tfare,d most painful part is dat he had his way wit me nd didnt call me as i was on my journey,wen i got home i calld him to say i av gotten home.Later dat nite i called him nd didnt pick bt tried his no 15min later only to have met him on 20 min call. out of annoyance i sent him a bad text nd he blocked me on bbm nd whatsapp nd told me neva ti call him again dat he sees dat i will neva change.Nairalanders did i do anything in trying to forgive dis guy
you are a fool... a big fool. It's girls like you that give others bad name and reputation among the male folks, technically making them look cheap. As much as you would not want to accept this fact, you just acted cheap and making other girls look cheap too. angry

1 Like

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
2sExy1: you are a fool... a big fool. It's girls like you that give others bad name and reputation among the male folks, technically making them look cheap. As much as you would not want to accept this fact, you just acted cheap and making other girls look cheap too. angry

calmdown sweety....but babe you cast o
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

calmdown sweety....but babe you cast o
The babe fvck up big time!
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by TheyVid(m): 9:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
@ OP, you did nothing wrong by forgiving him. My advice is to keep forgivin him even after 70 x 7 but NEVER allow yourself to be sweet-talk into falling in his arms again...forget him and move on already...

1 Like

Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by chibwike(m): 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
2sExy1: you are a fool... a big fool. It's girls like you that give others bad name and reputation among the male folks, technically making them look cheap. As much as you would not want to accept this fact, you just acted cheap and making other girls look cheap too. angry
i thought you were a mod
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
chibwike: i thought you were a mod
why do you think so? undecided
Re: Did I Make Mistake By Forgiving? by chibwike(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
2sExy1: why do you think so? undecided
it seems i saw something lyk dat on ur profile, were u once a mod?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Ladies Really Love Rich Guys Or Their Money? / The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You / How Do I Make My Husband Quit Taking His Calls During Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.