Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois (54408 Views)

Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC / Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by sirgreen: 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
ALAYORMII: A Professor of Nigerian descent, Ilesanmi Adesida made history last month by becoming the first black Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs of the well-respected University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in the United States.

Born in Ondo State, Prof Adesida is a Nigerian engineer whose outstanding work in the field of Nanotechnology has received much acclaim in the scientific community.

He obtained his Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley and subsequently went on to develop a body of work in the processing of semiconductors and other materials at the nanometer-scale level.

After his studies, he worked in various capacities at what is now known as the Cornell Nanofabrication Facility and the School of Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. He was also the head of the Electrical Engineering Department at Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Nigeria.

Commenting on his recently appointed role, Prof Adesida said: “I’m honoured and humbled to be selected as provost of this great campus. This is something I take very seriously. I know how to work very hard and I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get the job done.”

Prof Adesida is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the American Vacuum Society, and the Optical Society of America. He is also the past-president of IEEE Electron Devices Society.
Congratulation sir, more grace to your elbow, I wish you more success in all your in devours congrate
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by donwise1(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
This is the type of news we expect to be hearing in Nigeria. not boko haram and Ebola news.
dis is Sooooo great.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by jpphilips(m): 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yet Nigeria doesn't manufacture a bulb
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by okych16(m): 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
egbaguy: His father is IBO..............he was raised by his yoruba mother after his IBO father died during the BIAFRA war. Modification: i am wondering why people liked this!!!!!!

lol...they must find away to link him to ibo... We ibo ppl dnt like to be leftout in any gud tin dat happn in naija
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by tomzman: 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
congrats to him
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Fourwinds: 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
doctorgold: Nigerians making waves. Congrats Prof. However, we need people like you back home to help this ailing country of ours.
not a country like ours whose government never sponsors researches. or do u thinks his achievement was a sudden abracadabra.!!!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by 4C2215131: 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
Look at someone getting much deserved recognition, wealth and prestige just for his intelligence while all these agbayas are here in this country making name for themselves through corruption, wanton embezzlement of public funds, killings, tribalism and nepotism. They ought to bow their heads in shame.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
We're Proud of You.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by 9jafreak: 8:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
Congrats Sir. Encouraging News again
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by eyennyin: 7:22am On Sep 27, 2014
doctorgold: Nigerians making waves. Congrats Prof. However, we need people like you back home to help this ailing country of ours.
Prof Ndidi Okereke, Dr Okonjo Iweala, Bankole etc also came back to help this our ailing country of ours.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 27, 2014
Kennyfancy: Click lik if u knw sahara reporter wil never report news lik dis
Seun pls work on UNLIKE button pls....

And mind you Sahara Reporter last time I check their main objective was to expose corruption and mis administration of governments in West Africa and Africa, unfortunate Nigeria govt engaged in those activities far more than any country in WA and Africa as a whole.

Check their Facebook page
https://m.facebook.com/ReportYourself?v=info&refid=17

As lawyers, doctors, etc has areas of specialization so also journalism, SR specialized on corruption and ineffectiveness of govt focusing only on African. I av seen that over 85% of their reports are absolute truth while reminder were relative truth. Summary; all SR news has some iota of truth in them.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by SeniorMahn: 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nice one, nigga. Repping.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Mclick(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
sexzskil:
for more jokes, send to 1666cheesy grin
but its no jokes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Only One Move Can Balance This Equation / Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) / Onyiuke Akachukwu Matthew Tackles JAMB On Withheld UTME Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.