Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois (54409 Views)

Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC / Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by CodeHouse: 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
doctorgold: Nigerians making waves. Congrats Prof. However, we need people like you back home to help this ailing country of ours.

However we also need people like him far away the shores of Nigeria, to help give us good name, we are becoming too popular lately for wrong doing.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
We are very proud of you Prof. Ilesanmi.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Shinsam: 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
Wow!.. Naija on d beat, certainly am with bishop david oyedepo on dis, he said 'yhu don't make waves until yhu make moves'.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Adeyinka12(m): 10:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
egbaguy: His father is IBO..............he was raised by his yoruba mother after his IBO father died during the BIAFRA war. Modification: i am wondering why people liked this!!!!!!
why is it always you igbos,nah only you own language ,nah u go they talk say ur tribe originate the name 'okada'.u wey ur language no complete wey they copy from yoruba language.olodo
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by mahyowah(m): 11:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
congrats man. I believe they're many Nigerians too that will attain this kind of feat.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Pain(m): 11:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
If he's the VC for Academics...then who is the VC for Non Academics?
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by elmihien: 12:07am On Sep 26, 2014
great job
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 26, 2014
morbid: This forum should not be promoting this kind of topics. The traffic at the American Embassy with the daily show of shame where our citizens shed profuse tears becaus they were denied visas re already a cause for concern. Unless you guys are comfortable with brain drain this nation experiences on daily basis.
What is this Nigga talking about?
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 26, 2014
morbid: This forum should not be promoting this kind of topics. The traffic at the American Embassy with the daily show of shame where our citizens shed profuse tears becaus they were denied visas re already a cause for concern. Unless you guys are comfortable with brain drain this nation experiences on daily basis.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 26, 2014
Balkan: I dont know the noise about a VC. I can afford to put
a prof. on my pay roll. Money speaks men! VC my foot.
VC in a foreign land. he should not be celebrated. we are
here building Nigeria and someone ran away to develop another mans land.
and you guys making so much noise about it. PROUDLY IGBO
What's this one saying?
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by grandstar(m): 12:50am On Sep 26, 2014
doctorgold: Nigerians making waves. Congrats Prof. However, we need people like you back home to help this ailing country of ours.

How will he contribute? Will they provide him grants? Research facilities? He is better off in the States!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by thoosing(m): 1:20am On Sep 26, 2014
thank God for black
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Ndipe(m): 1:29am On Sep 26, 2014
Congrats.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by nijanigga: 1:32am On Sep 26, 2014
In Nigeria where GEJ just finished dolling out $20,000 to PDP senators to cover up the $9.3 Million arm scandals? $20B still missing another $1B to buy fake arms. Nothing will be left for research. Thanks but no thanks. Nigeria is sinking ship.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by juman(m): 2:07am On Sep 26, 2014
American dream achieved.

Sai america.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Cabsso(m): 2:18am On Sep 26, 2014
ifaoni: congrats, mr man. Check out my signature for cheap datas.
wow his boastin our G.P in the foreign land from 0.72 to 1.50 makin progress i like dis!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by arowolobioyinbo: 3:40am On Sep 26, 2014

So you want him to come and die!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by lacreamieboie(m): 4:40am On Sep 26, 2014
Yes.. we are both from Ondo State! We keep representing +vely...

haters oya lick my yansh!!!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by abdoolorunwa(m): 4:49am On Sep 26, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]keep our flag flying.we appreciate your efforts.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by chuquiz(m): 5:27am On Sep 26, 2014
sorry but Nigeria cannot be redeemed. he will just be frustrated and become influenced by the corrupt elements obtainable therein.Leave am where him dey.....
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by kayalla(f): 6:30am On Sep 26, 2014
congrats! people like you making us proud.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 26, 2014
mainman7:
As at now, Shares and 22 Likes already?! This is the undeniable crescendo of igbos' infiriority complex. Truth is, no matter the frantic effort to cover it up, igbos feel inferior to the Great Yorubas. Knowing fully well that this your above post is a lie, your foolish igbo pple r still liking?! Unbelievable!!!! Now I know why igbos are sooo envious of the Yorubas. igbos wish to be as half as intelligent as the Great Yorubas. Well, sorry! It is what it is, continue wishing, our unmatchable thirst and quest for knowledge and wisdom shall continue to put us far ahead of u igbos because "ti esin ba fi ogun odun sare, iwaju, iwaju lo ma ma bale". We are living your dreams right before your eyes, if u r not satisfied exterminate and annihilate yourselves.

And u really think the guy you quoted is Igbo?
Ever heard the word 'sarcasm'? SMH
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by profayita: 7:19am On Sep 26, 2014
Nigerians making waves. Congrats Prof. However, we need people like you back home to help this ailing country of ours.
A book presenter at university of IBADAN law faculty said two days ago that Nigerians do well outside But back home ,it's otherwise.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 26, 2014
missdebs: ondo, ekiti...states dat hv d highest regards for education n knowledge, ride on sir
nearly all yoruba have pride in their blood. However, we are no longer living in the 1970's where niger delta resources are used by awolowo or gowon to to develop lagos, ekiti, and the entire south west. If you live in the south west and have never come out, dont boast. I have travelled the south western states. There is no state in south west apart from lagos that has the level of massive development in the south south states of delta, rivers, akwa ibom or cross river. I know that part of ogun state is benefitting from lagos expansion. But dont live in a fool's paradise trying to always lay claims to superiority when ideally your reasonings are inferior. Stop propagating sentiments and tribal superiority claims
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by ogaofficer(m): 8:11am On Sep 26, 2014
[quote author=benjsniper33]

Point of correction, the yorubas got to know the ibos in the 1930s and this is because of the early 20th century mass migration of the ibos to the south-west (lagos) mostly for commercial and political ends, before then the ibos were nowhere to be found in yorubaland .Little traces of beef between both of them began in the late 1940s due to the innate jealousy of ibo people and their refusal to work with the yoruba people despite the fact that the Yorubas welcomed them with. Bros u funny die with dat ur definition of yoruba destroying anytin. Wel i agree wit u bt 4 me, i love igbo gurlz nd i love their guys in terms of biznez they do co operate with each oda mst esp wen they are in other region of the world nt like we YORUBAS we get abosi, ilara etc. Luking 4wod 2 marry an ibo gurl stil searchn.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by ibedun: 8:14am On Sep 26, 2014
dexmundo: nearly all yoruba have pride in their blood. However, we are no longer living in the 1970's where niger delta resources are used by awolowo or gowon to to develop lagos, ekiti, and the entire south west. If you live in the south west and have never come out, dont boast. I have travelled the south western states. There is no state in south west apart from lagos that has the level of massive development in the south south states of delta, rivers, akwa ibom or cross river. I know that part of ogun state is benefitting from lagos expansion. But dont live in a fool's paradise trying to always lay claims to superiority when ideally your reasonings are inferior. Stop propagating sentiments and tribal superiority claims

Much of the Yorubas (50 - 70 years old) today are degenerates - selling the crown jewels out of laziness, aparthy and cluelessness.
The previous generation were hardworking, commercial traders who made waves and thats why there are lots of old cities dotted all over Yoruba land - the signs of a great immediate past. For the last 30 years we Yorubas have been living on past glories and have watched the wretched Igbos come from their land to control a big chunk of economic activities here.

The time to reverse that horrible trend is now!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by ibedun: 8:18am On Sep 26, 2014
dexmundo: nearly all yoruba have pride in their blood. However, we are no longer living in the 1970's where niger delta resources are used by awolowo or gowon to to develop lagos, ekiti, and the entire south west. If you live in the south west and have never come out, dont boast. I have travelled the south western states. There is no state in south west apart from lagos that has the level of massive development in the south south states of delta, rivers, akwa ibom or cross river. I know that part of ogun state is benefitting from lagos expansion. But dont live in a fool's paradise trying to always lay claims to superiority when ideally your reasonings are inferior. Stop propagating sentiments and tribal superiority claims

And we have every right to feel superior because everyhting is happening in Yoruba Land.

The last time i checked LAGOS (EKO) is not in Hausa land, Igbo Land, Ijaw Land or anywhere else.

The whole of SW Yoruba land is being invaded by people whose land cannot sustain them. So YES we have a right to feel SUPERIOR because we are.!!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by nifton(m): 11:19am On Sep 26, 2014
Naija reping wela since 1905.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by redcurry(f): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2014
hmmmm...igi iwe.efiiiico.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by ChefMike(m): 11:23am On Sep 26, 2014
Am very happy that we could have such prof. from Nigeria

Keep it up prof.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Suarezilla(m): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2014
We are getting there gradually..Next is a nigerian being the president of USA!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Phemmmy(m): 11:47am On Sep 26, 2014
Man Know man.
That's what he used.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Only One Move Can Balance This Equation / Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) / Onyiuke Akachukwu Matthew Tackles JAMB On Withheld UTME Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.