Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois (54405 Views)

Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC / Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Heyliesha(m): 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ok
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
kull
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Elusive9(f): 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
Lovely

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Anielka(m): 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
undecidedgudday sir
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Fehmy25s(m): 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Wow! Naija no dey carry last smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by englishmart(m): 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Congratulations sir.
Just hope you won't be the first black VC to loot our school funds
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by jamalRhames(m): 12:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
ALAYORMII: A Professor of Nigerian descent, Ilesanmi Adesida made history last month by becoming the first black Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs of the well-respected University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in the United States.

Born in Ondo State, Prof Adesida is a Nigerian engineer whose outstanding work in the field of Nanotechnology has received much acclaim in the scientific community.

He obtained his Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley and subsequently went on to develop a body of work in the processing of semiconductors and other materials at the nanometer-scale level.

After his studies, he worked in various capacities at what is now known as the Cornell Nanofabrication Facility and the School of Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. He was also the head of the Electrical Engineering Department at Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Nigeria.

Commenting on his recently appointed role, Prof Adesida said: “I’m honoured and humbled to be selected as provost of this great campus. This is something I take very seriously. I know how to work very hard and I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get the job done.”

Prof Adesida is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the American Vacuum Society, and the Optical Society of America. He is also the past-president of IEEE Electron Devices Society.

Big UPs Yh ,African doing something
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by olu4life(m): 12:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
rattlesnake: If this man should contest for President in Nigeria HE WONT WIN....

Cos the f..ols are majority
Lmaoooo. So true. Thanks for making me laugh

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by omenka(m): 12:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
When we eventually have the right leadership in Abuja, all these great citizens of the country will come back home and together we will build a country that would be the envy of the world.

So help us God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Blaqsmith(m): 12:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
egbaguy: His father is IBO..............he was raised by his yoruba mother after his IBO father died during the BIAFRA war.

Another YabaLeft patient on loose...

*searching for rope*

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by jabanz(m): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
a former nigerian rada

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by PapiDShipCapt(m): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
missdebs: ondo, ekiti...states dat hv d highest regards for education n knowledge, ride on sir
Where did u get ur fact from hon? When I look @ d majority of ekiti pple all I can see is illitracy undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by gratieao: 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
egbaguy: His father is IBO..............he was raised by his yoruba mother after his IBO father died during the BIAFRA war.

Tribalistic 1diot

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
Impressive!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
Impressive, watch out for me I'm next wink
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by buoye1(m): 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
This is serious!!!!!!!! one of our lecturer told us the story of the man but I thought the guy was lying but I now I believe.....ATBU Bauchi Elect/Elect Engr program

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
PLEASE PROF . DON'T COME BACK HOME oooo
IF u do, then EMBRACE whatever U meet....
NIGERIA is not YET a HOME for PEOPLE like ...U.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by piagetskinner(m): 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
C as south-west people just dey claim d guy...he is a NiGERIAN abeg!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by amboss316(m): 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nigerians has gone far, just that politics will not make d good ones surface.
Comgratulations
smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
missdebs: ondo, ekiti...states dat hv d highest regards for education n knowledge, ride on sir
past glory

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by 9jahubcom(m): 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
good
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by siegfried99(m): 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
Wow.. congrats prof

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
proud 2 b frm Ekiti. Are u?
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by benjsniper33: 12:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
Abeg, no tribalise this post oo, or else i will break ur clay heads!!

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nigeria!
Good people, great nation.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by ogaofficer(m): 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
piagetskinner: C as south-west people just dey claim d guy...he is a NiGERIAN abeg!!
Bros dnt mind them. . . . Am expecting the E-warrior to start the world war. Yoruba nd ibo fighting eachoda since 19th century.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by rotwailler(m): 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
MTN Bundle plans

250mb....300
500mb.....600
1gig.....1200
5gig.....6000
10gig.....12k

whatsapp me on 07066586998
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
PapiDShipCapt:
Where did u get ur fact from hon? When I look @ d majority of ekiti pple all I can see is illitracy undecided
You must be a fool i guess. Hw many Ekiti pple do u knw jez typing nonsense nd who told u we r illiterate?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by rashygenius: 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
source or betterstill..pishures or I..........u shld knw d remaining now
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Yossykit: 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Since april 2012. @op did u jst wake up 4rm ur dream. Stop propagatin old news here jor. Anyway, kudos 2 prof. Adesida
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by rashygenius: 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
Andyblaze: He is like me
u wey neva wryte Jamb

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2014

See ur okpolo eye shebi tribal war dey turn u on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Only One Move Can Balance This Equation / Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) / Onyiuke Akachukwu Matthew Tackles JAMB On Withheld UTME Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.