Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi (37960 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Many Dead, 50 Houses Razed As Boko Haram Invades Adamawa Communities / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pazienza(m): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2014
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/communal-clash-enugu-closes-schools/

Well,it would appear that Ette is not really an Igalla town, but a sort of multi ethnic town, with Igbo,Idoma and Igalla elements. A melting point of 3 cultures, that's big for a small town.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by olodoowoh: 11:10am On Sep 26, 2014
maestroferddi: Stand you?

That must be some joke!

If my memory serves me right: I am sure it does, I have always taken you to the cleaners in all the interchanges we have had on this forum.

So no point trying to muster some Dutch courage with a semblance of bravado.

Spare yourself some forthcoming humiliation...
please stop abusing my brother, he's a cultist.

he can harm you real bad ooooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pazienza(m): 11:11am On Sep 26, 2014
Apparently, the Igalla elements of the town, want the town to be in Kogi, to sort of give them greater power in the town,seeing as there are more Igallas in Kogi. A move that would render the Igbo and Idoma elements as minorities. And it would appear that this battle is not recent, but have been on for decades now.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by promixdavinci(m): 11:16am On Sep 26, 2014
chinazaekperem2: so how does kogi have more higher institution with what you listed?
Did i said anytin like MORE? Read my previous coment carefuly again
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2014
maestroferddi: Stand you?

That must be some joke!

If my memory serves me right: I am sure it does, I have always taken you to the cleaners in all the interchanges we have had on this forum.

So no point trying to muster some Dutch courage with a semblance of bravado.

Spare yourself some forthcoming humiliation...
OK. Oya shift.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by promixdavinci(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2014
pocohantas:

kill yourself undecided
Lol truth is always biter! If u dont have any idea 2 counter me, u beta rest ur finger or stop wastin ur 10mb nd stop quotin me
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pazienza(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2014
Lordlexyy: Etteh is my community. Boundary wise, the community is situated in Enugu state. In terms of culture, it has very little in connection with the Idomas and not the Igalas. The language spoken are predominantly Idoma. Igbo language comes second for areas that are regarded as igbos. Igala language is meanly spoken by some few who believe they are Igalas. To be honest, the Etteh community ideologically believes they are Igbos and has very little in connection to both the Igalas and the Idomas. You find most of the people there speaking the three languages fluently and intermix very well. This whole crisis of identity wouldn't have surfaced in the first place if the not for some of the Igbos and their culture of segregation where others are regarded more Igbos than the others. The same people will say Enugu or Ebonyi is not pure Igbo but 'wawa', some Enugu will say Etteh is not pure Igbo but a mixture of two. If Etteh was long embrace and made to feel among by the Igbos, none of this cultural conflict would have surface. Those minority group wanting to joint Kogi are doing so because they felt they majority are more recognised and therefore benefit more by the Enugu gov't. Inspite of the upheaval, i believe the brotherliness and oneness of Etteh is beyond culture, language or tribe. PROUDLY ETTEH.

I see, i guess this would be the reason i do get this feeling that you are not really Igbo,when i read your posts. Eventually you would have to chose to be Igbo, Idoma, or Igalla. There is no siting on the fence,you are either Igbo or you are not,it's as simple as that.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by maestroferddi: 11:22am On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
OK. Oya shift.
Good. Now that you have learnt how to choose battles carefully...
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Libra38: 11:28am On Sep 26, 2014
Erotex: In those community there are two tribe over there
Igala and igbos
The igbos wants to merge with enugu why igalas want to merge with kogi.

Right now they are all benefitting from enugu pocket.
Let igbos be igbos and igalas be igalas
After all igalas are not worthy to live with.
I have been with them before

More reason why crises will never seize.
Somebody like you don't deserve to leave on this planet. Please, stop derailing other ethnic group.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by PrinceMario(m): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2014
*Kogi State University Lokoja

*Federal University Of Technology Lokoja

*Salem University Lokoja

*Federal Polytechnic Idah

*Kogi State Polytechnic Lokoja

*College Of Nursing(Nursing school) Obandege.

*College of Nursing(Nursing school) Egbe

*Federal School Of Health Idah.

*Federal College of Education Okene

*Federal college of education Kabba

*Amadu Bello University College Of Agric Kabba

* National Teachers Institute (Teachers College) Kabba.

ps: Two private Universities are undergoing construction in at Okoro and Ogidi.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Lordlexyy: 11:34am On Sep 26, 2014
pazienza:

I see, i guess this would be the reason i do get this feeling that you are not really Igbo,when i read your posts. Eventually you would have to chose to be Igbo, Idoma, or Igalla. There is no siting on the fence,you are either Igbo or you are not,it's as simple as that.
It doesn't matter. I don't glorify one tribe over another. Individual assessment matters most to me. Whether i'm Igbo or Idoma, it add no value to my person. I remain where my people are most comfortable. If majority feels Enugu is ok, then i don't have a problem. Beside, i am first a Christian, then a Nigerian, other things come far behind.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ekolina(m): 11:34am On Sep 26, 2014
I can see u are also benefiting from the Enugu setting. How can you say those wanting to join Kogi are the minority. sincerely want have you benefited from Enugu can you even be bold enough to say you are Enugu when you go outside that is your school or work place. How can you people allow greed take over your hearts.
Lordlexyy: Etteh is my community. Boundary wise, the community is situated in Enugu state. In terms of culture, it has very little in connection with the Idomas and not the Igalas. The language spoken are predominantly Idoma. Igbo language comes second for areas that are regarded as igbos. Igala language is meanly spoken by some few who believe they are Igalas. To be honest, the Etteh community ideologically believes they are Igbos and has very little in connection to both the Igalas and the Idomas. You find most of the people there speaking the three languages fluently and intermix very well. This whole crisis of identity wouldn't have surfaced in the first place if the not for some of the Igbos and their culture of segregation where others are regarded more Igbos than the others. The same people will say Enugu or Ebonyi is not pure Igbo but 'wawa', some Enugu will say Etteh is not pure Igbo but a mixture of two. If Etteh was long embrace and made to feel among by the Igbos, none of this cultural conflict would have surface. Those minority group wanting to joint Kogi are doing so because they felt they majority are more recognised and therefore benefit more by the Enugu gov't. Inspite of the upheaval, i believe the brotherliness and oneness of Etteh is beyond culture, language or tribe. PROUDLY ETTEH.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by eljimmah: 11:38am On Sep 26, 2014
pontirock: Kogi State Just Want To Annex Them Before Islamising Them!

....and i guess ur believe is that kogi is a muslim state

mtcheeeeeeeeew
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ekolina(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2014
so you believe the town will remain the same way rite. I guess it must be over 10years since you left
OneNaira6:

I don't live in Nigeria, left when I was young, so I don't know streets; I don't even know how to get to my own village without family direction but I will tell you towns close to ette. Some of the towns/villages bothering close to Ette are Umuogboagu (idk if I spelled that right), Imufu, Aji, etc. I used to live in Enugu state mind you and during that era, my family traveled alot thanks to my father's work.
IDK where you getting the concept that ette has the best buildings. Unless I'm mistaking but the area is not the place you describing. It's not all huts like the other guy said but it's definitely not all great buildings. Then again, judging from your stanch, you most likely from ette so that's expected of you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pazienza(m): 11:40am On Sep 26, 2014
ekolina: I can see u are also benefiting from the Enugu setting. How can you say those wanting to join Kogi are the minority. sincerely want have you benefited from Enugu can you even be bold enough to say you are Enugu when you go outside that is your school or work place. How can you people allow greed take over your hearts.

It would appear that the dude is from the Idoma element of the town. So i don't think he has anything to do with Kogi state. If he should be leaving Enugu,then it should be for Benue state,where the rest of Idoma people are.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by oluski(m): 11:44am On Sep 26, 2014
Samiceman: grin pls remind me... How many higher institutions of learning do we have in Kogi and Enugu state? illiteracy at it's best

see kettle calling pot black 4 u 2 ask hw many higher institutions enugu hz u seem 2 b d illiterate one, get ur facts str8 bro
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pazienza(m): 11:47am On Sep 26, 2014
Lordlexyy: It doesn't matter. I don't glorify one tribe over another. Individual assessment matters most to me. Whether i'm Igbo or Idoma, it add no value to my person. I remain where my people are most comfortable. If majority feels Enugu is ok, then i don't have a problem. Beside, i am first a Christian, then a Nigerian, other things come far behind.

Unfortunately bro, ethnicity matters and ranks ahead of Christianity( a foreign religion) and Nigeria( a colonial anomaly).

We are Africans, ethnicity matters, it could even be the deciding factor on whether you live or die in certain situations. *grins*
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ekolina(m): 11:48am On Sep 26, 2014
FYI. Igbos are not part of Ette community.
pazienza: Apparently, the Igalla elements of the town, want the town to be in Kogi, to sort of give them greater power in the town,seeing as there are more Igallas in Kogi. A move that would render the Igbo and Idoma elements as minorities. And it would appear that this battle is not recent, but have been on for decades now.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by eljimmah: 11:49am On Sep 26, 2014
Igala and igbos

....so its igbos that are worthy to live with, see its this type of disgusting mindset that makes hausa people enjoy killing igbos....
mtcheeeeeeeeeew.....
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Lordlexyy: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2014
ekolina: I can see u are also benefiting from the Enugu setting. How can you say those wanting to join Kogi are the minority. sincerely want have you benefited from Enugu can you even be bold enough to say you are Enugu when you go outside that is your school or work place. How can you people allow greed take over your hearts.
You are confuse. First, i personally benefit nothing from either of the two states. Secondly, you don't decide where you belong. Geographically, we are in Enugu state, we didn't choose to. Thirdly, you don't choose who is more Igbo or Igala. They people can decide which side they want to belong base on natural inclination or sense of belonging. They have have lived and thrive successfully for many years independently without the government. So, if you think all of this is to attract attention from the Enugu gov't, you must be mistaken here. Needlessly to say that, it's the same Enugu gov't right from Jim who have been lobbying to see that we remain as one in Enugu state.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Rebuke: 11:53am On Sep 26, 2014
Igala and igbos

Whatz dis dude saying please? What about the Ebiras, the Kabbas and the rest? Igbos are never part of Kogi, they only share boundary with d state and nothing more. Stop saying what yhu don't know.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Omololu007(m): 11:54am On Sep 26, 2014
festico: they should be allowed to migrate to kogi but noo part of enugu territory 'll be ceded to kogi state.
just d way d igbos in edo and delta state will b allowed to migrate to d south east,but no part of delta and edo will b ceded to the south east

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pazienza(m): 11:57am On Sep 26, 2014
ekolina: FYI. Igbos are not part of Ette community.

Not long ago, you made it appear like Igallas are the only group in ette, but i remembered reading an article some years ago about an Idoma community in Enugu, so i did a little digging and found out that Etteh is actually an Idoma dominant community with Igbos and Igallas as minorities. So chill bro. Your kogi reunion is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Lordlexyy: 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
pazienza:

Unfortunately bro, ethnicity matters and ranks ahead of Christianity( a foreign religion) and Nigeria( a colonial anomaly).

We are Africans, ethnicity matters, it could even be the deciding factor on whether you live or die in certain situations. *grins*
Perhaps to you. But i value my spirituality above all things. Reasons for the sharp contrast and division among people in Africa. Reason why every issue of importance has been politicised because of ethnic differences. Reason for the almost very development because tribal interest. I careless about tribe or ethnicity. Those who carry it on their head are not any better than me, why the glorification as if my life depend on it.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by franklingud(m): 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
Some ppl be pure goats!!... Onye igbo na eme ka ewu!
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pazienza(m): 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
Lordlexyy: Perhaps to you. But i value my spirituality above all things. Reasons for the sharp contrast and division among people in Africa. Reason why every issue of importance has been politicised because of ethnic differences. Reason for the almost very development because tribal interest. I careless about tribe or ethnicity. Those who carry it on their head are not any better than me, why the glorification as if my life depend on it.

Chill bro, when it comes to ethnic issues, no one is ever neutral, not even amongst the whites, so you can stop trying to sell the detribalized ish, as no one is buying it, not even Jesus was detribalized. Matt 15:21-28, you can't be more spiritual than Jesus.

Not long ago, you easily accepted as the truth,a false and image tarnishing story about Ndiigbo that an Edo friend sold to you, you didn't even take time to research and find out if it were the truth, you couldn't care, because you simply are not Igbo. I doubt if you would have accepted that story if it were Idoma image that was on the line.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Go to google. Does Enugu State have a federal polytechnic?

He is still talking .
Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You keep f00ling yourself. I never said Enugu, neither did I say Kogi. What I said was Kogi State and Enugu State. Enugu is a place in Enugu State just as Kogi is a part of Kogi State. Both Kogi and Enugu are LGAs in both states. The same applies to Ondo and Ondo State; Kano and Kano State; Katsina and Katsina State; Sokoto and Sokoto State, etc. I know you won't understand because your flat head has compressed your brain. Anuofia, i we ike wun ka nna gi.

chai
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Abdstrakt(m): 12:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
Igala and igbos

pple with your mentality be the problem for this coutry. oloshi!

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
maestroferddi: Good. Now that you have learnt how to choose battles carefully...
Rubbish!
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pazienza(m): 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
PrinceMario: *Kogi State University Lokoja

*Salem University Lokoja

I am aware that there is a town in Kogi named "Ogidi", please what is the meaning of the word "Ogidi" in any Kogi language?
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
PrinceMario: *Kogi State University Lokoja

*Salem University Lokoja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS / Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP / Supporters chant "This is the Structure" during Rally For Peter Obi In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.