Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana (39132 Views)

Buhari Has No Hand In Impeachment Crisis – Fayose / Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec / Ekiti Crisis: APC Lawmakers Gives Terms For Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Uteghe(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2014
IbokUtoroh: anoda long epistle from his majesty, gbawe na only u waka come?
Its obvious you are from A ibom from the weird moniker; ''Ibom Utoroh'',meaning-illicit purge concoction. My advise to you is simple: do whatever you can to salvage your barren mind from further colonization by reactionary forces pushing ''Ijaw Agenda''.

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Orunto: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2014
His people just like him. This is real politics. Others are sinning for being jealous.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Yes I use to respect him until his recent insult on the intelligence of the public. Insulting PDP and always praising APC like he does not know the level of corruption in apc.

He should even be in politics.

I am sorry for my harsh words and misconduct on prof.
Show me where Soyinka supported APC.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Goandie: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

What money, are this dumb. Who even knows alj harem of nairaland not to talk bribing me.

A beg cmont my face
Dey lie 2 urself.
Me I know u don't wori tym will soon tell

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:47am On Sep 29, 2014
Uteghe:
Its obvious you are from A ibom from the weird moniker; ''Ibom Utoroh'',meaning-illicit purge concoction. My advise to you is simple: do whatever you can to salvage your barren mind from further colonization by reactionary forces pushing ''Ijaw Agenda''.

!bros lets be sincere to ourselves for once, fed govt isnt d problem of nigeria but states, do u knw the money state govrs embezzle every month in collaboration with the state house members? fed govt is the most transparent, all their projects n how its being funded n paid for is being make public, but state run its affairs in total secret. goodluck jonathan isnt d problem of nigeria, senators, reps, govrs and other lesser politicians that are sycophants are including those nigerians that lie just to score cheappoints

6 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by nwaobitex: 10:51am On Sep 29, 2014
wat cry
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by englishmart(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2014
Violence must stop in Nigeria.

All you need do is

Just vote for me.
For president
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe: @Topic.

I don't support Fayose being denied his mandate to lead Ekiti through the use of back door tactics. I believe Fayemi lost the election to Fayose. Nonetheless, this is politics and any legitimate and legal tactics to defeat a foes is 'par for the course'. If the APC Fayemi camp has now seen a legally pertinent argument establishing the case, beyond doubt, that Fayose was disqualified from running as a gubernatorial candidate then they would be incorrigible victims for not using this advantage to confront PDP impunity and lawlessness.

The same thing happened in the past when some stakeholders tried to prevent Ibori from contesting to be a governor. Those brave stakeholders took their case to court and argued correctly that Ibori had been convicted of a criminal offence in the UK and thus disqualified from participating in a guber race in Nigeria. OBJ, with his mind settled on another 'criminal son' in Ibori, would have non of it. The judge brazenly declared that the Ibori convicted of criminal behaviour in the UK was not the same Ibori vying to be Governor In Nigeria. Of course we all now know this to be false and another disgrace to corrupt Nigerian judiciary and the lawless backbone of Nigerian leaders OBJ and GEJ commonly typify.

Fayose won but the APC should not let go if there is a legally verifiable reason barring Fayose from contesting in the first place. Enough of the PDP foisting convicted criminals and felons on Nigeria.

Fayose on his part, if he is not the thug people claim he is, should never use thuggery and violence in an an effort to intimidate the judicial process. That is unacceptable in civilised and democratic society. I think Fayose knows that a legally enforceable case against him can be established and this is why he is acting desperately. Most folks can admit he won but Nigeria should never seek to be a Country where law and order is relegated to the back because of political agenda. If it can be proven that Fayose was disqualified from running then let this be a watershed case that perhaps puts an end to PDP's practice of presenting disqualified convicted criminals and felons as candidates for important public office. They have gotten away with it for far too long.

I'm watching an interview on ChannelsTV now, Barr Tunji Abayomi was interviewed(recorded).

Sir, I have a question.

What is the implication if the court rules against Fayose?

Does that mean that Fayose's running mate would be sworn in or Fayemi would continue to rule for another four years?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by texbaba1: 10:57am On Sep 29, 2014
Wrote this on my fb wall, let me share it here as well...

NOW THAT BARNABAS IS FREE; Ekiti people reminds me of a story in the bible about Jesus the christ, Barnabas the criminal and the Jews. Because of sheer hatred and misunderstanding for Jesus' ways and teachings, when pontius pilate asked who between Jesus and Barnabas they want to be freed, the jews shouted crucify Jesus, free Barnabas. Well, now that Barnabas is free...murder, theft, looting, arson and other allied crimes are on the loose. Ekiti people, you crucified Fayemi and voted Fayose...well now that Fayose is Governor, enjoy the reign.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Yemisi63: 10:58am On Sep 29, 2014
Loooooooooool. Guys, you all need to read this post http://naijasinglegirl.net/president-gej-needs-to-ban-instagram-in-place-of-pomo/ and thank me later
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by richol(m): 11:02am On Sep 29, 2014
C@v@et emptor........my sp@ce.....do not covet
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by yomexp(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: Falana and soyinka have sold their souls for a house in ikoyi

Moreover soyinka son is an SA in ogun state

You see how stu.pid they are ?

Is falana in ekiti to already be accusing fayose.

Partisan politics since money done enter pocket
you are a phool!

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Lawcurrent(m): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2014
Ok
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Cholison(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2014
Produced and marketed by Ekiti under franchise of PDP
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by lanrefront1(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

!bros lets be sincere to ourselves for once, fed govt isnt d problem of nigeria but states, do u knw the money state govrs embezzle every month in collaboration with the state house members? fed govt is the most transparent, all their projects n how its being funded n paid for is being make public, but state run its affairs in total secret. goodluck jonathan isnt d problem of nigeria, senators, reps, govrs and other lesser politicians that are sycophants are including those nigerians that lie just to score cheappoints

I beg to differ. He is the problem because all the states are following the footpath of the government at the center. They know the President and the center are corrupt and are stealing everyday; and therefore cannot bring them to book no mater what they do. The central government will expose itself in the process, so its a field day for all government thieves in Nigeria.

That is why there is a propaganda machine backed by billions of naira to assassinate the person of General Buhari.

Put someone like Buhari in power and see what happens within one year.

But what am I talking about. You will probably come and shout about how Buhari is Boko haram sponsor and plans to Islamize Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by masseratti: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2014
texbaba1: Wrote this on my fb wall, let me share it here as well...

NOW THAT BARNABAS IS FREE; Ekiti people reminds me of a story in the bible about Jesus the christ, Barnabas the criminal and the Jews. Because of sheer hatred and misunderstanding for Jesus' ways and teachings, when pontius pilate asked who between Jesus and Barnabas they want to be freed, the jews shouted crucify Jesus, free Barnabas. Well, now that Barnabas is free...murder, theft, looting, arson and other allied crimes are on the loose. Ekiti people, you crucified Fayemi and voted Fayose...well now that Fayose is Governor, enjoy the reign.
your analogy is succinctly put,it can not be
Better said.

4 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by olorunsogo1: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2014
It is pathetic that our nation is still experiencing this kind of menace after 54th years of independence. Hoodlums scattering sitting at the high court of justice? Don't even mention beating a jury! This can only happen without redress and proper bringing to book where government is shameless. I hope it will not get worsened the more.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2014
God punish u falana and may God destroy Apc and Islam amen

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by barcaboi(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Refute what I said or hold you're piece or you think we doing know the happens on these people.

Go and watch tvc and see how these people so called elder statesmen talk with so much lack of wisdom.

bros, nawa 4 u o....what is bad is bad? if lawyers can be beaten, what else do we stand for?...Police corrupt, lawyers beaten, activist jailed.....even weather pdp or apc; its wrong....and if soyinkas son is SA, doesn't he have the right to be? dat word was lame, house in ikoyi? like seriously, u sabi d address?..Even falana attacked fashola when Doctors were sacked in lagos state, dats unbiased......I fucking hate lame and biased pple....when it affects any of our family now, we'll start finding solutions

5 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Opiosko: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe: @Topic.

I don't support Fayose being denied his mandate to lead Ekiti through the use of back door tactics. I believe Fayemi lost the election to Fayose. Nonetheless, this is politics and any legitimate and legal tactics to defeat a foes is 'par for the course'. If the APC Fayemi camp has now seen a legally pertinent argument establishing the case, beyond doubt, that Fayose was disqualified from running as a gubernatorial candidate then they would be incorrigible victims for not using this advantage to confront PDP impunity and lawlessness.

The same thing happened in the past when some stakeholders tried to prevent Ibori from contesting to be a governor. Those brave stakeholders took their case to court and argued correctly that Ibori had been convicted of a criminal offence in the UK and thus disqualified from participating in a guber race in Nigeria. OBJ, with his mind settled on another 'criminal son' in Ibori, would have non of it. The judge brazenly declared that the Ibori convicted of criminal behaviour in the UK was not the same Ibori vying to be Governor In Nigeria. Of course we all now know this to be false and another disgrace to corrupt Nigerian judiciary and the lawless backbone of Nigerian leaders OBJ and GEJ commonly typify.

Fayose won but the APC should not let go if there is a legally verifiable reason barring Fayose from contesting in the first place. Enough of the PDP foisting convicted criminals and felons on Nigeria.

Fayose on his part, if he is not the thug people claim he is, should never use thuggery and violence in an an effort to intimidate the judicial process. That is unacceptable in civilised and democratic society. I think Fayose knows that a legally enforceable case against him can be established and this is why he is acting desperately. Most folks can admit he won but Nigeria should never seek to be a Country where law and order is relegated to the back because of political agenda. If it can be proven that Fayose was disqualified from running then let this be a watershed case that perhaps puts an end to PDP's practice of presenting disqualified convicted criminals and felons as candidates for important public office. They have gotten away with it for far too long.
You made some good points but i think u left out the most important one. The presiding judge is acting suspictiously. Looking at the haste with which he rushed the proceeding, he is clearly trying to stop Fayose from being sworn in, that's clear from the date he fixed to deliver his judgment. The date is such that there won't be an opportunity to file an appeal before the inaguration......the judge should be blamed for be trying to act out another Salami Robin Hood judicial activism.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by philips70(m): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2014
Asoozy:

The word 'pathetic' does not begin to describe you. Have you no shame?

Aljharem and his soul mates' souls have long been sold to the spirit of porridge in the shrine of the PDP. No rational debate or position will ever have sanctity in their minds. Leave them, very soon they will be consumed by the tides of time like the Daniel Kanus of yesteryears. The only problem is they defer the time Nigeria will ever see real infrastructural developments but their lives will never be bettered by these doings.

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by prowlG: 11:23am On Sep 29, 2014
Cheap Mtn Data bundles!!!
#300 for 250mb
#600 for 500mb
#900 for 750mb
#1200 for 1gb
https://www.nairaland.com/1917369/extremely-cheap-mtn-data-300
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by leshluap(m): 11:25am On Sep 29, 2014
Noted,
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Bigsteveg(m): 11:26am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: Falana and soyinka have sold their souls for a house in ikoyi

Moreover soyinka son is an SA in ogun state

You see how stu.pid they are ?

Is falana in ekiti to already be accusing fayose.

Partisan politics since money done enter pocket
Anoda wasted youth! God, please show our generation mercy.

5 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by kenex4ever(m): 11:26am On Sep 29, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

Liar muhammed!!!
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by charsol: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2014
Like Falana like Wole soyinka.....av stopped taking their comments serious

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 29, 2014
prowlG: Cheap Mtn Data bundles!!!
#300 for 250mb
#600 for 500mb
#900 for 750mb
#1200 for 1gb
https://www.nairaland.com/1917369/extremely-cheap-mtn-data-300
mugu for me to buy this rubbish won't I just buy airtel 2gb for 2k

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by kenex4ever(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2014
Femi falana is now d official APC lawyer, judiciary is no longer a neutral body

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe2: 11:29am On Sep 29, 2014
Steadmann:

I'm watching an interview on ChannelsTV now, Barr Tunji Abayomi was interview(recorded).

Sir, I have a question.

What is the implication if the court rules against Fayose?

Does that mean that Fayose's running mate would be sworn in or Fayemi would continue to rule for another four years?

Thanks.

I am not a Lawyer ,and indeed open to correction from Nairaland members who are legal practitioners , but I think the position of the law, if Fayose is disqualified, would be that INEC may have to organise a new election with the PDP likely given the chance to present another candidate.

I will repeat that I think Fayose won and is the choice of Ekiti folks but the law is the law. If it can be proven he is disqualified from running then the APC must take advantage of this. All well-meaning Nigerians, to include the fans of Fayose, should allow the judicial process to arbitrate on this development even if only for the sake of improving the sanctity of the Nigerian political system. We should, as the biggest black nation on earth, set examples and not be guilty of crass backwardness indicated by a situation where disqualified candidates manage to circumvent the law to become important public servants.

OBJ started the trend of foisting disqualified candidates on the electorate because of his belief that men of dubious character can always be induced and used by a Presidency happy to ignore the rule of law and disregard the concept of strong institutions in the efforts to get his own electoral ways always. I personally hope this case is argued to the end meritoriously. I remember the personal trauma I felt that Ibori, convicted in the UK of credit card fraud and theft from an employer, was allowed to become a governor by a corrupt, dishonest and compromised judiciary. This was despite the efforts of stakeholders who took Ibori to court and showed correctly that the man was indeed a convicted criminal only for the brazenly corrupt judge to dismiss the case against Ibori. We must begin to shun criminality at all times in Nigeria and not when it suits us only. This applies to APC, APGA, Labour, PDP or any Party. If disqualified from the political process then you should stay disqualified.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by pelvicky(m): 11:31am On Sep 29, 2014
Now i know this femi falana is so senseless.

What prove do you have to tender that PDP supporters beat the judge...i dnt need to comment on this gan.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2014
From Femi Falana?

mtchew!

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by focus7: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2014
Ekiti has just began to witness a reign of terror.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FG Reveals When New Minimum Wage Will Be Announced / Rochas Okorocha Responds To News Of His Arrest (Pics/Video) / I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.