Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana (39126 Views)

Buhari Has No Hand In Impeachment Crisis – Fayose / Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec / Ekiti Crisis: APC Lawmakers Gives Terms For Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by anonimi: 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: When Gani was beaten by APC Tinubu thugs likes of gbawe could not talk.

Rubbish

It is called Living in Denial

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by neyobills: 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
onatisi: I think we need to know what the law stipulates in scenario like this .

That is exactly what the law stipulates my dear except u have something somewhere that states otherwise.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
lanrefront1:

Very funny. You talk as if the "rule of law" started in Nigeria. Ridding Nigeria of corruption is not rocket science. The first requirement however is a President that is not corrupt, morally upright and detest corruption. The rest will follow.

A President that is not corrupt has nothing to fear from the National Assembly. All he needs to do is put the right people in the right places. The law of Nigeria as it exist is good enough to work with.

For instance, there is a provision in their law to call back assembly men ( both federal and states) who refuse to carry out the wish of their people. A President that is incorruptible and its clearly seen so will have the confidence of his people. If the President enables them proper structure for this to take place, it is the assembly men that will be in fear of an incorruptible President and the nation that is solidly behind him; because all who work against purging they nation of corruption will be called back home by their people. This is just one example.

the recall is it done by the president, the house or the electorates?
answer is the electorates in the person's constituency. the nass member may be harsh in the house but at home he is a jolly good fellow so hw will they recall him back? bros the only avenue to end corruption is by NASS to pass a bill just like antigay bill n the president sign into law. strengthen the agencies that will try all corrupt cases, then also make judiciary to be independent. corruption will slowly be wipe out, outside these na WASH! do u knw befor u bid for contracts in nigeria u must rub the officials palm, else nothng for u. u might think its bad but u shud also knw that we hae million other more qualified people who can do the same job in the country, so all these avenues where corruption thrives will be hardly dealt wif. all these the president may not knw but it is happening everwhere!

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by onatisi(m): 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
neyobills:

That is exactly what the law stipulates my dear except u have something somewhere that states otherwise.
so if fayose loses in court ,pdp still gets to produce the next governor ? If that is it then the masses should be appealed to ,to have patience.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by anonimi: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

the recall is it done by the president, the house or the electorates?
answer is the electorates in the person's constituency. the nass member may be harsh in the house but at home he is a jolly good fellow so hw will they recall him back? bros the only avenue to end corruption is by NASS to pass a bill just like antigay bill n the president sign into law. strengthen the agencies that will try all corrupt cases, then also make judiciary to be independent. corruption will slowly be wipe out, outside these na WASH! do u knw befor u bid for contracts in nigeria u must rub the officials palm, else nothng for u. u might think its bad but u shud also knw that we hae million other more qualified people who can do the same job in the country, so all these avenues where corruption thrives will be hardly dealt wif. all these the president may not knw but it is happening everwhere!

Thank you for educating many of us who like to pretend that we have no power as the electorate/citizens.

Africa does not need great men, it needs great INSTITUTIONS - Barrack Hussein Obama, POTUS
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by penthotoyi(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
kenex4ever: Femi falana is now d official APC lawyer, judiciary is no longer a neutral body
Ori e pe jare.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by anonimi: 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
kenex4ever: Femi falana is now d official APC lawyer, judiciary is no longer a neutral body

Anyone who has not, should watch Femi Falana's contribution to the Town Hall debate on fuel subsidy removal to note his body language.
It may be available on ChannelsTV or YouTube still.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Baawaa(m): 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
onatisi: point of correction ,fayose did not bring thugs to the court premises and he never led thugs there.he met a crowd there at the court premises ,he neither invited them and neither were they wearing pdp uniforms,they were ordinary citizens of ekiti state who came to witness how the court was handling the mandate the gave to fayose

aljharem:

Oga Gbawe, I am not denying that fayose did bring thugs to the court but the judge is trying to take his mandate and that of the people . That is wrong and should he resisted

Also forget those falana and soyinka. They have eaten from Tinubu's table so they can't talk
Listen to two PDP members......
P D P----------Problem
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by neyobills: 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
onatisi: so if fayose loses in court ,pdp still gets to produce the next governor ? If that is it then the masses should be appealed to ,to have patience.

Even if Fayose loses in court there is no way in hell APC will still be in the govt house cum Oct 17th so I guess we should rather appeal to the APC to hold their horses and stop getting high on this court case so they can allow the law to take its rightful place.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe2:

Baba arugbo pa enu mo. You are the ugliest thing the eye has the misfortune of beholding yet you go around insulting others. No wonder karma gave you a hideous face to match your equally ugly character. The whole picture expose thing has really been cruel to charlatans, liars and hypocrites like you.

You are a criminal-minded loser who does not operate in the real world so my valid point will be lost on you anyway. If Fayose has nothing to be afraid of then he should let the Court deliberate and deliver its judgement. A sycophant and suck-up like you will never see or accept this simple point and will only be found insulting others childishly.

Hahahahahaahahahahahahaaha

You are too good with words

You remind me of Uncle Bola Ige(Cicero).

APC must ensure that The Thug is disqualified.

I don't see Fayemi prolonging his tenure rather INEC is going to sworn-in the Fayose's running mate afterall the party(PDP) was voted not the Candidate(Thug Fayose).

Fayose is a gonner.

The court is suppposed to resume next month so they could give the verdict and send The Thug to the garage where he belongs.

God Punish Devil.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by wazobiaN9(m): 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
IbokUtoroh: anoda long epistle from his majesty, gbawe na only u waka come?

E sir, please learn to read. At least, teach your children to read so that they can read to you.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by tomakint: 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe2:

At least I am good-looking, dapper, well-dressed and well-groomed. Baba arugbo, the entire forum has seen your hideous face. It is now obvious why your character is ugly also. It is simply a match for your physical ugliness. Now get lost or go and suck up to the mods by hinting them of a new 'bomb threat' against Nairaland you uncovered. Shameless, attention-seeking sycophant.
Really? your own look is even 'at least' but you are in your 50s and ugly!

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Opiosko: 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Baawaa:
Listen to yourself,you want him to bent the proceeding in-order wrong can turn right
I don't think u followed this matter well. Pls try and read the parties argument..... There is a saying that "the court/judge must not only do justice, but must ensure that it must seem that justice has been done". The presiding judge should not have fixed his judgment day in such a way to make an appeal impossible before the inaguration day since his judgment is not final on the case. The court should not be seen as favouring one party otherwise it's not justices but robbing Peter to pay Paul.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by anonimi: 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
neyobills:

Even if Fayose loses in court there is no way in hell APC will still be in the govt house cum Oct 17th so I guess we should rather appeal to the APC to hold their horses and stop getting high on this court case so they can allow the law to take its rightful place.

Are you in anyway suggesting that the Arewa People's Congress, APC is a bunch of autocratic, lawless people that are more prone to dictatorial tendencies than democratic ways smiley
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by deletrue: 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Asoozy:

The word 'pathetic' does not begin to describe you. Have you no shame?
What have you written? Re-read your post and comfirm back to me whether or not it carries with any sense either grammatically or logically?
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe2: 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
tomakint:
Really? your own look is even 'at least' but you are in your 50s and ugly!

Shut up. Mumu. You are ugly and unkept and that is now proven beyond doubt. Face your front abeg. Dude can't even afford a decent haircut and decent clothing yet will come here insulting others. No wonder you are always frustrated and angry. It must suck to be that ugly because even prostitute will say "oti oo, mba I no dey do".

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by neyobills: 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
anonimi:

Are you in anyway suggesting that the Arewa People's Congress, APC is a bunch of autocratic, lawless people that are more prone to dictatorial tendencies than democratic ways smiley
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by neyobills: 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
anonimi:

I'm not into partisan politics so I don't give a sheet whoever they are or whatever ideologies they have.

(Enu mi ko leti magbo pe iya tisa ku)

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by OAM4J: 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Yes I read and silly statements like this can only come from people that have been bribed

Can you be objective for once and find the root cause ?

What is happening in Ekiti now is not Uganda Idi Amin but South Africa Apartheid. Fayose is the will of the people

People do not want Fayemi, why are you media teams bulling them against their will.

Same way black people were freed from whites rule and the white media houses publishing how backward blacks are.

Yes [size=16pt]we[/size] prefer our freedom to any pseudo-educated man that calls himself fayemi

"We"?

Are you also from Ekiti?

Just asking ni o.

6 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by tomakint: 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
onatisi: bros but wait oo, info reaching me isn't so good ,I think it is best for akala to step down for another candidate . If akala and ladoja goes up against ajimobi ,it will be an easy ride for ajimobi because the other 2 giants will split votes. As per lagos ,lots of work needs to be done and the time to start is now.
You are not alone on this my bro, my misgiving is towards Akala (Omisore case came to mind) I think Lagos case is settled - you can quote!

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by neyobills: 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
anonimi:

Unfortunately I'm not into partisan politics so I don't freaking care whoever they are or whatever idealogies they represent.

(Enu mi ko le ti ma gbo pe iya tisa ku)

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aminu89(m): 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Naija which way
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by mpowa(m): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nobody should support this show of shame no matter his political affiliations, this incident should be brought to book, it should not just pass, when court proceedings are being obstructed and judges are being beaten up, then it's the beginning of the end of any civil society.

President Jonathan should say distant himself from this show of shame, yes it affects his party, but he must prove to Nigerians that he doesn't support lawlessness, i thing it's high time Nigerians begin to look past selfishish interests and embrace what is RIGHT or we're heading nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by larn(m): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
Its so unimaginable and unbelievable that we still have people like you in this generation, its highly sorrowful to know that people like you have EYES but can't SEE,BRAIN but can't THINK. I will advise you not to advise you not to talk than to talk and make no-sense. Maybe someone is paying you for this
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by bitterpenis(m): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe: @Topic.

I don't support Fayose being denied his mandate to lead Ekiti through the use of back door tactics. I believe Fayemi lost the election to Fayose. Nonetheless, this is politics and any legitimate and legal tactics to defeat a foes is 'par for the course'. If the APC Fayemi camp has now seen a legally pertinent argument establishing the case, beyond doubt, that Fayose was disqualified from running as a gubernatorial candidate then they would be incorrigible victims for not using this advantage to confront PDP impunity and lawlessness.

The same thing happened in the past when some stakeholders tried to prevent Ibori from contesting to be a governor. Those brave stakeholders took their case to court and argued correctly that Ibori had been convicted of a criminal offence in the UK and thus disqualified from participating in a guber race in Nigeria. OBJ, with his mind settled on another 'criminal son' in Ibori, would have non of it. The judge brazenly declared that the Ibori convicted of criminal behaviour in the UK was not the same Ibori vying to be Governor In Nigeria. Of course we all now know this to be false and another disgrace to corrupt Nigerian judiciary and the lawless backbone of Nigerian leaders OBJ and GEJ commonly typify.

Fayose won but the APC should not let go if there is a legally verifiable reason barring Fayose from contesting in the first place. Enough of the PDP foisting convicted criminals and felons on Nigeria.

Fayose on his part, if he is not the thug people claim he is, should never use thuggery and violence in an an effort to intimidate the judicial process. That is unacceptable in civilised and democratic society. I think Fayose knows that a legally enforceable case against him can be established and this is why he is acting desperately. Most folks can admit he won but Nigeria should never seek to be a Country where law and order is relegated to the back because of political agenda. If it can be proven that Fayose was disqualified from running then let this be a watershed case that perhaps puts an end to PDP's practice of presenting disqualified convicted criminals and felons as candidates for important public office. They have gotten away with it for far too long.
Well said
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe2: 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
OAM4J:

"We"?

Are you also from Ekiti?

Just asking ni o.

Are you minding that confused Chadian ? With him it is alway "we" whenever any Nigerian State or ethnic group is mentioned. His shameless 'all things to all men' antics is the tool he deploys for his childiah divide-and-conquer idiocy.

Aljbokoharem is probably the most shamelessly dishonest member of Nairaland bar none.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Kabiyesy: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
Great Nigerians, remember that the desecration of our land by politicians should not be tolerated in anyway no matter what political party you have sympathy for. Let us join hands to condemn evil.
These politicians know what they are doing we should not be fooled.
If it happens now, they and their families will take refuge in other nations.
STOP! LET'S UPHOLD THE RULE OF LAW.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by arresa: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

!IN This present nigeria that rule of law and separation of power is paramount, bros ur BUHARI Cant do anythng about corruption. everythng sttarts from the upper house n ends in the lower house, some states will even not respect the laws passed, for instance the freedom of info law which is being ignored n not followed by lagos state. buHARI can only succeed if he controls d entire system n nominates his govs n state house members n representatives n senators, outside that he will never succeed, abi no be nigeria we dey. how come GEJ didnt just go to world bank n borrow the 1billion dolls with his powers but had to appeal the NASS to approve it? who passed the antigay bill before president signed it to law? atleast u knw what happened with the 2014 budget, hw it was almost stalled frm being passed by the NASS members. so buhari cant wake up n make decrees like he did in d past when he was head of state, procedures must be followed n those procedures are the problems we have cos they r corrupt.

Of course has to deal with other arms of government to have lows passed and legislation moved, but this is not our immediate problem.

We know he wont be surrounding himself with criminals, convicts, and fugitives, he wont be hiring crooks and criminals under EFCC investigation, he wont be protecting crooks and incompetent people and giving them National awards...

The problem starts with the president and chief law enforcement officer and the tone he sets. It' starts with the kind of people he appoints to head government agencies and law enforcement like the EFCC, IG police, police commission, port authority, pensions board where they loot funds everyday and so on..

GEJ proved beyond any kind of doubts that he is comfortable and feels very much at home with crooks, criminals, convicts and international fugitives. If you are a crook under EFCC investigation today, join GEJ's party or make friend with him and you are off the hook, no more EFCC charges.

Again, leadership sets the tone. It's all about the atmosphere the leadership creates and GEJ in front of Nigerians and the rest of the world created a very corrupt and incompetent atmosphere which emboldens crooks in his government and circle to loot openly unchallenged.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by bitterpenis(m): 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe2:

I am not a Lawyer ,and indeed open to correction from Nairaland members who are legal practitioners , but I think the position of the law, if Fayose is disqualified, would be that INEC may have to organise a new election with the PDP likely given the chance to present another candidate.

I will repeat that I think Fayose won and is the choice of Ekiti folks but the law is the law. If it can be proven he is disqualified from running then the APC must take advantage of this. All well-meaning Nigerians, to include the fans of Fayose, should allow the judicial process to arbitrate on this development even if only for the sake of improving the sanctity of the Nigerian political system. We should, as the biggest black nation on earth, set examples and not be guilty of crass backwardness indicated by a situation where disqualified candidates manage to circumvent the law to become important public servants.

OBJ started the trend of foisting disqualified candidates on the electorate because of his belief that men of dubious character can always be induced and used by a Presidency happy to ignore the rule of law and disregard the concept of strong institutions in the efforts to get his own electoral ways always. I personally hope this case is argued to the end meritoriously. I remember the personal trauma I felt that Ibori, convicted in the UK of credit card fraud and theft from an employer, was allowed to become a governor by a corrupt, dishonest and compromised judiciary. This was despite the efforts of stakeholders who took Ibori to court and showed correctly that the man was indeed a convicted criminal only for the brazenly corrupt judge to dismiss the case against Ibori. We must begin to shun criminality at all times in Nigeria and not when it suits us only. This applies to APC, APGA, Labour, PDP or any Party. If disqualified from the political process then you should stay disqualified.

Kind of comment that gives hope even when all hope is lost in the country......most people do not reason before commenting, even if they reason they allow political or religious affiliation have the better hand in their judgements.... well said
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
OAM4J:
"We"?
Are you also from Ekiti?
Just asking ni o.

When I say we, I mean people of the SW.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by timilehing(m): 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Some family witches stil dey pursue Fayose, dem go pursue am comot governor seat dis time again
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by arresa: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: When Gani was beaten by APC Tinubu thugs likes of gbawe could not talk.

Ayo Fayose as governor of Ekiti State: “A very corrupt chief executive officer of a State, a dictatorial and lawless person has lost his governorship by impeachment. His immunity under Section 308 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 is over.

He can now be tried for money laundering and other heinous crimes he has committed while in the governance of the affairs of Ekiti people.

It is therefore good riddance to a bad rubbish. - Gani Fawehinmi

Btw, I quoted you against my best judgement since quoting internet trolls and debris is not my kind of thing..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why PMB Got It Wrong With James Ocholi' family "compensation" - CramJones / Why It Will Be Difficult To Arrest Sunday Igboho – Falana / Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.