Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana (39143 Views)

Buhari Has No Hand In Impeachment Crisis – Fayose / Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec / Ekiti Crisis: APC Lawmakers Gives Terms For Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by tomakint: 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: When Gani was beaten by APC Tinubu thugs likes of gbawe could not talk.

Rubbish
That one? undecided he is a bloody hypocrite of the deepest dye, you will never see him arguing convincingly all he is fond of is to sit on his 'Royal Throne of Idiocy' and start spamming every thread with 'I can teach you all attitude' onatisi seems to know Gbawe too well. @topic, Fayose is a power broker and friend of the masses as far as Ekiti politics is concerned, APC want him out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by arsetalks(m): 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Yes I read and silly statements like this can only come from people that have been bribed

Can you be objective for once and find the root cause ?

What is happening in Ekiti now is not Uganda Idi Amin but South Africa Apartheid. Fayose is the will of the people

People do not want Fayemi, why are you media teams bulling them against their will.

Same way black people were freed from whites rule and the white media houses publishing how backward blacks are.

Yes we prefer our freedom to any pseudo-educated man that calls himself fayemi
People wanted Fayose? Good. But if they wanted him, they must have voted for him massively and he would not have rigged the election? Then APC has no case to answer, he ( Fayose ) should be confident that he will win in court and has no reason to disturb the court's seating or does he have a skeleton in his cupboard?

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe2: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
moyinoluwabun: No sane person will say people @ d court are thugs. A judge trying to deny someone of his right is also a thug. They, Said an hungry man is an angry man. When someone want to deny ur benefactor his freely given right, then u can stand and watch like Zombie, u hear?. No thugs in ekiti but rather those whom Fayemi has afflicted with hunger and trying to ensure they don't go on empty stomach again by all means. Ire oooo

Please lay emotions aside. Can it be proven that Fayose was disqualified from running as a candidate? If yes then the law should be upheld even if APC is a major beneficiary of this development. If no, then the case against Fayose will be dismissed and he will sworn in as Governor for a 4-year term. The substantive point, for every law-abiding Nigerian, is that the Court should be allowed to deliberate and give a verdict without intimidation from lawless individuals seeking to pre-empt the ruling of a competent court of law. I concede that Fayose won and is the choice of Ekiti folks but the PDP, by fielding a candidate that is possibly barred from contesting an election, may have left themselves open to an 'uppercut' the opposition can legally take advantage of. That, without sentiments, is ow it works in reality worldwide and thuggery should not be allowed to make Nigeria different.

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by onatisi(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
tomakint:
That one? undecided he is a bloody hypocrite of the deepest dye, you will never see him arguing convincingly all he is fond of is to sit on his 'Royal Throne of Idiocy' and start spamming every thread with 'I can teach you all attitude' onatisi seems to know Gbawe too well. @topic, Fayose is a power broker and friend of the masses as far as Ekiti politics is concerned, APC want him out.
good day my brother .

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by arsetalks(m): 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
2cato: Why cant APC accept defeat like PDP? Gbawe and donphillopus you people should stop causing problem. The people have spoken and that i believe is the voice of God. APC Janjweed you people are ready to burn nigeria to achieve what?
Choice is relative. PDP chose to accept defeat and APC chose to go to court, it is their choice.

If Fayose and PDP think they won the election free and square, they are they worried about the court seating? And to think we have a president in this country who could stop this madness but just like he did Boko haram because it will favour him, he has decided to keep quiet. Shameful.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Baawaa(m): 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: Falana and soyinka have sold their souls for a house in ikoyi

Moreover soyinka son is an SA in ogun state

You see how stu.pid they are ?

Is falana in ekiti to already be accusing fayose.

Partisan politics since money done enter pocket
You are a disgrace to your family,with no cogent point,you are abusing those that are better than your father and forefathers 100 times.Without apology you are a bastard,"omo iran kiran,yio ba yaa lewema"

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by miqos02(m): 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
we hia
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe2: 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
tomakint:

Baba arugbo pa enu mo. You are the ugliest thing the eye has the misfortune of beholding yet you go around insulting others. No wonder karma gave you a hideous face to match your equally ugly character. The whole picture expose thing has really been cruel to charlatans, liars and hypocrites like you.

You are a criminal-minded loser who does not operate in the real world so my valid point will be lost on you anyway. If Fayose has nothing to be afraid of then he should let the Court deliberate and deliver its judgement. A sycophant and suck-up like you will never see or accept this simple point and will only be found insulting others childishly.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by lanrefront1(m): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

!IN This present nigeria that rule of law and separation of power is paramount, bros ur BUHARI Cant do anythng about corruption. everythng sttarts from the upper house n ends in the lower house, some states will even not respect the laws passed, for instance the freedom of info law which is being ignored n not followed by lagos state. buHARI can only succeed if he controls d entire system n nominates his govs n state house members n representatives n senators, outside that he will never succeed, abi no be nigeria we dey. how come GEJ didnt just go to world bank n borrow the 1billion dolls with his powers but had to appeal the NASS to approve it? who passed the antigay bill before president signed it to law? atleast u knw what happened with the 2014 budget, hw it was almost stalled frm being passed by the NASS members. so buhari cant wake up n make decrees like he did in d past when he was head of state, procedures must be followed n those procedures are the problems we have cos they r corrupt.

Very funny. You talk as if the "rule of law" started in Nigeria. Ridding Nigeria of corruption is not rocket science. The first requirement however is a President that is not corrupt, morally upright and detest corruption. The rest will follow.

A President that is not corrupt has nothing to fear from the National Assembly. All he needs to do is put the right people in the right places. The law of Nigeria as it exist is good enough to work with.

For instance, there is a provision in their law to call back assembly men ( both federal and states) who refuse to carry out the wish of their people. A President that is incorruptible and its clearly seen so will have the confidence of his people. If the President enables them proper structure for this to take place, it is the assembly men that will be in fear of an incorruptible President and the nation that is solidly behind him; because all who work against purging they nation of corruption will be called back home by their people. This is just one example.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by StOla: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
edogirl2:

Actually, with over 30 years untarnished reputation fighting for our human rights (me, you, and everyone else), I would like to think that Mr Falana is to be respected for his contribution to our life as a nation.

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in him because unlike our thieving politicians, he's probably not rich enough to come home to Ilawe now and again to distribute rice, ankara etc. Mr Falana is a man of modest means. I also think we need to move away from demanding that townsmen and women must 'benefit' from an individual for that individual to matter in society. You are effectively asking this guy to be corrupt, otherwise where will he get the money to 'benefit' Ilawe people?

Please be assured that many of us who have witnessed his sacrifices for us the people are eternally grateful to God that he was and continue to be on our side (the ordinary people of this country).

QED!
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by neyobills: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe2:

I am not a Lawyer ,and indeed open to correction from Nairaland members who are legal practitioners , but I think the position of the law, if Fayose is disqualified, would be that INEC may have to organise a new election with the PDP likely given the chance to present another candidate.

I will repeat that I think Fayose won and is the choice of Ekiti folks but the law is the law. If it can be proven he is disqualified from running then the APC must take advantage of this. All well-meaning Nigerians, to include the fans of Fayose, should allow the judicial process to arbitrate on this development even if only for the sake of improving the sanctity of the Nigerian political system. We should, as the biggest black nation on earth, set examples and not be guilty of crass backwardness indicated by a situation where disqualified candidates manage to circumvent the law to become important public servants.

OBJ started the trend of foisting disqualified candidates on the electorate because of his belief that men of dubious character can always be induced and used by a Presidency happy to ignore the rule of law and disregard the concept of strong institutions in the efforts to get his own electoral ways always. I personally hope this case is argued to the end meritoriously. I remember the personal trauma I felt that Ibori, convicted in the UK of credit card fraud and theft from an employer, was allowed to become a governor by a corrupt, dishonest and compromised judiciary. This was despite the efforts of stakeholders who took Ibori to court and showed correctly that the man was indeed a convicted criminal only for the brazenly corrupt judge to dismiss the case against Ibori. We must begin to shun criminality at all times in Nigeria and not when it suits us only. This applies to APC, APGA, Labour, PDP or any Party. If disqualified from the political process then you should stay disqualified.

If it happens that Fayose is disqualified,the mandate of the people still remains with the PDP so no need for fresh elections,the runner up in the PDP gubernatorial primaries in Ekiti State will replace the incumbent governor come Oct 16th and that's the worst that can happen,that's my humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by ojialo(m): 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
We must halt this ludicrously lugubrious
kakistocracy. We must demur against
demuren (no onomatopoeic extrapolation
intended). The quotidian stentorian
atribilous ululation is abyssopelagic. The
country is on a precipice of pocalyptic
crepscule”.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe2: 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
arsetalks: Choice is relative. PDP chose to accept defeat and APC chose to go to court, it is their choice.

If Fayose and PDP think they won the election free and square, they are they worried about the court seating? And to think we have a president in this country who could stop this madness but just like he did Boko haram because it will favour him, he has decided to keep quiet. Shameful.

Thank you. Nigeria will never develop while parading cretins as her 'human endowment'. I personally accept that Fayose won and is the choice of Ekiti folks but if the PDP has scored an own goal deliberately why should the the referee (Court judge) disallow the goal and why should the opposing team(APC) fail to take advantage of the own goal and claim victory?

Some are too myopic to put Party affiliations aside to see that this sort of development strengthens our democracy and can perhaps serve as a deterrent to behaviour which undermines the integrity of the political process in Nigeria. The PDP has been presenting disqualified candidate for important office since 1999. They would flippantly wave off or buy off all voices of protestation against this highly condemnable and retrogressive practice. The point is simple. Even if the APC is a major beneficiary of developments, the law should be allowed take its course for the greater good of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by viczing(m): 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Its obvious not surprise it came from femi falana, since fayose won the election he's been unhappy looking for something to say, so not surprise he spoke now, apc has been busy bribing judges to knock the man off he didn't talk now is his morning. Fayemi should be ashamed of his defeat, he congratulated this man when he won now his party has brain washed him. Loosers... Janjanweed ideology ....falana is an apc man he shd stop the pretence.....groupa'arssing_janjaweids'n'al_shabaab_idle arsse_packa'rascals..
But that super grouchy grumpus definitely in a world of his own..
#gej till '19

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by tomakint: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe2:

Baba arugbo pa enu mo. You are the ugliest thing the eye has the misfortune of beholding yet you go around insulting others. No wonder karma gave you a hideous face to match your equally ugly character.
Hideous face? Baba arugbo? cheesy grin imagine this unfortunate native he-goat feeling funky.....do you know me or you are just being uncouth in your usual directionless manner.....perhaps I must have touched a ugly nerve in you bloody mannerless lowlifer! Ewu grin

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe2: 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
tomakint:
Hideous face? Baba arugbo? cheesy grin imagine this unfortunate native he-goat feeling funky.....do you know me or you are just being uncouth in your usual directionless manner.....perhaps I must have touched a ugly nerve in you bloody mannerless lowlifer! Ewu grin

At least I am good-looking, dapper, well-dressed and well-groomed. Baba arugbo, the entire forum has seen your hideous face. It is now obvious why your character is ugly also. It is simply a match for your physical ugliness. Now get lost or go and suck up to the mods by hinting them of a new 'bomb threat' against Nairaland you uncovered. Shameless, attention-seeking sycophant.

4 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by arsetalks(m): 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe2:

Thank you. Nigeria will never develop while parading cretins as her 'human endowment'. I personally accept that Fayose won and is the choice of Ekiti folks but if the PDP has scored an own goal deliberately why should the the referee (Court judge) disallow the goal and why should the opposing team(APC) fail to take advantage of the own goal and claim victory?

Some are too myopic to put Party affiliations aside to see that this sort of development strengthens our democracy and can perhaps serve as a deterrent to behaviour which undermines the integrity of the political process in Nigeria. The PDP has been presenting disqualified candidate for important office since 1999. They would flippantly wave off or buy off all voices of protestation against this highly condemnable and retrogressive practice. The point is simple. Even if the APC is a major beneficiary of developments, the law should be allowed take its course for the greater good of Nigeria.
I absolutely agree with you.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by onatisi(m): 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
neyobills:

If it happens that Fayose is disqualified,the mandate of the people still remains with the PDP so no need for fresh elections,the runner up in the PDP gubernatorial primaries in Ekiti State will replace the incumbent governor come Oct 16th and that's the worst that can happen,that's my humble opinion.
I think we need to know what the law stipulates in scenario like this .
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by jullary(m): 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2014

sometimes if I see comment like this I wonder if we can still make it in nigeria!
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by omogidi234(m): 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Exactly, it explains he has lack all objectivity.

The message is full of assumssions rather than reality. Falana is in Lagos and not in ekiti so he cannot say who is an idi amin or not.

That is very partisan and du.mb of him

Falana hails from Ekiti just as I am. He has a country home in Ekiti and when the need arises he goes home. He has the Locus standing not only as a senior member of the bar bus also as an Ekiti man to raise his voice in this terrible situation. I will not delve into whether what he is saying is objective or not.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Johncuppa(m): 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Either Apc nairalanders led by #barcanista or pdp led by firefire, 1 of d 2 will change their monickers after 2015 elections.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Baawaa(m): 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
Opiosko: You made some good points but i think u left out the most important one. The presiding judge is acting suspictiously. Looking at the haste with which he rushed the proceeding, he is clearly trying to stop Fayose from being sworn in, that's clear from the date he fixed to deliver his judgment. The date is such that there won't be an opportunity to file an appeal before the inaguration......the judge should be blamed for be trying to act out another Salami Robin Hood judicial activism.
Listen to yourself,you want him to bent the proceeding in-order wrong can turn right
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by tomakint: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
onatisi: good day my brother .
I dey jare my brother....these APShit he-goats here are really working their azzes up to stay relevant as election approaches. Guess what, the moment APC lost Ondo to Mimiko, I knew Ekiti is next and I can reveal that Oyo and Lagos is already in PDP's hands!
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by onatisi(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
Johncuppa: Sorry for derailing, pls wia is #TOPE ALABI n YINKA AYEFELE. It has been long I heard d 2 musicians
nigeria . Tope is in the studios and so also is yinka .
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by lateef4me(m): 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
While we all are here arguing on the harrassment of the judge by Fayose's thug ,how come nobody is talking on the gruesome murder of the state's NURTW chairman who happens to be the supporter of Fayose ....

I believe Ekiti APC has something to do about his death or is it life worth nothing because he's athug and but a learned guy like the judge,Fayemi and co !

There is God oh !

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by onatisi(m): 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
tomakint:
I dey jare my brother....these APShit he-goats here are really working their azzes up to stay relevant as election approaches. Guess what, the moment APC lost Ondo to Mimiko, I knew Ekiti is next and I can reveal that Oyo and Lagos is already in PDP's hands!
bros but wait oo, info reaching me isn't so good ,I think it is best for akala to step down for another candidate . If akala and ladoja goes up against ajimobi ,it will be an easy ride for ajimobi because the other 2 giants will split votes. As per lagos ,lots of work needs to be done and the time to start is now.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by nijanigga: 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Refute what I said or hold you're piece or you think we doing know the happens on these people.

Go and watch tvc and see how these people so called elder statesmen talk with so much lack of wisdom.

internet thug doing his master's bidding online. shameless bigot who will sell their birthrights for a morsel of porridge.You're mortgaging your future generations, they will curse you when you leave this world.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by babygirl90744: 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2014

How dumb are some people on issues. Bro, please read the article again then comment. The courts are not firing squad, face it and free your name if truly you are sincere, and not visit it with thugs. That's what we are saying. Lets not join politics to this barbaric act. where else do commoners go for justice when the elite and politician owns and dictate what happens in court. All the political parties or politicians involved in this act should be sanctioned if found culpable. I pity us.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Johncuppa(m): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
onatisi: nigeria . Tope is in the studios and so also is yinka .
God bless u jare ,bro
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Kponkwem(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe:

Pathetic guy. This is why I could not be bothered to even dignify his silly post with a response. He will tell you he is "Yoruba", after claiming every ethnic group in Nigeria, yet how many genuine Yorubas will call two icons of the ethnic group, who have brought so much honour and prestige to Nigeria as a whole, "stu.pid" all in defence of a glorified thug who has done absolutely nothing for anyone? this foolish Alhaji from Chad is an embarrassment to himself and his 419 claims.

Falana is a master of his craft i.e law and any balanced person will understand his anger over how thugs were taken to a court to truncate proceedings and beat up judges. This is a very fundamental issue that is a no-no in all civilised societies on earth and all men, regardless of political or ethnic persuasions, must condemn this development and be resolute on insisting punishment be meted out to culprits lest this PDP-inspired lawlessness, once again, become our reality in the SW.

Only in Yorubaland will this barbarism happen and that too in the so called most knowledgeable state. Civilise ko, civilise ni.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) / Politicians Desmond Elliot & Prof Osinbajo Take Campaign To Surulere (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.