Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Agriculture Grants Thread - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agriculture Grants Thread (25860 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / Grants For Nigerian Farmers / How I Became Very Comfortable Investing Into Agriculture within 4months!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by TIDDOLL(m): 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
plz...this grants....iz it for all...??..i mean..age groups...cuz av got a vibrant idea of extablishing a jatropha plantation..nd much more....
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by Callfubu(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
FarmBaskit:
"FarmBaskit" is a Nigerian brand owned by a group of four young fresh graduates; Alabi Olayinka, Dada Stephen, Agubaohia Henry and Adeyemo Adeola. It is an agro distribution company started in 2014 with the aim of developing the capacity of food distribution channel in Nigeria and Africa, revolutionize agriculture by blending the process with technology and modern mechanism, and also create more jobs by encouraging young people to go into farming in a more dynamic way.
The four friends who met on Dada Stephen's CEOS HUB, came together to brainstorm on how to get people to eat fresh foods from the farm which will enable better health condition and lifestyle of people in a way that will be unique and outstanding. This was how the idea of the incorporation of FarmBaskit Limited as a duly registered company which would have the legal right to operate in Nigeria came to life. The team immediately discovered a wide gap between the lifestyle of poor farmers and the rich market retailers, this motivated the company to come up with a strategy to enrich the farmers and make life easier for them.
Before now, farmers in remote rural areas always succumb to the challenge of bad road networks which makes it difficult for them to convey their harvests to the market. This gave room for exploitation from people who have access to the developed world, hence having to buy from them at ridiculous prices and sell at exorbitant rates in the cities.
The FarmBaskit team came up with www.farmbaskit.com as the world's first "strictly agricultural eCommerce website" where people can order for fresh farm products from the comfort of their homes and it gets delivered to their doorstep.
FarmBaskit hopes to be a house hold brand, not only in Nigeria but in the entire continent of Africa.
THE NEXT BEST THING!!!!!!
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 3:37am On Oct 28, 2014
It's meant for all
TIDDOLL:
plz...this grants....iz it for all...??..i mean..age groups...cuz av got a vibrant idea of extablishing a jatropha plantation..nd much more....
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by Iggyok(m): 5:09am On Oct 28, 2014
I
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
Just walk up to any Bank of Agriculture branch in your state.

Iggyok:
I graduated last m1onth and now awaiting nysc,please how can i get loan to start up an agro business such as poultry,piggry and also utilised the animal droppings and wastages in vegetable crop production
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by zionsamuel: 5:27am On Nov 23, 2014
Thanks guys for this.

I have opened the account with BOA at Ikeja office last month. But the thing is I dont think I will have the time to be operating it like my regular account for the 3 months before I can apply for a loan. The distance to my house is far.

Will this affect getting the loan? Its just #250000 i need to expand my catfish farm.

Thanks
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by Tmex(m): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2014
Faitholu:

To be frank, the correct answer is 6 months. But I strongly recommend BoA for any of us who lacks fund but genuinely wish to go into agriculture. I and my brother have applied and we got the loans. And a very interesting aspect of it is that repayment (loan tenor) is 18 months with d first 6 months free grace period! I can supply more details and one-on-one assistance. Send me ur bbm pin or email or whatsapp to faithonbb@yahoo.com. Let's grow together and suceed in our father's land!
pls I need ur guide 238c8dc7
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by world1(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
Are You Interested In Agribusiness Get Free Land And Training At WABI Osun State -
https://www.nairaland.com/2024911/w.a.b.i
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by oghenedorosteve: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
FarmTech:
Now with no colateral, what happens if you can't pay back the loan?
In an event of disaster in your farm - pest, disease etc, how do they consider that?
The interest rate, is it annually?
........................Nice one pal,i just want to know if as an individual u can be granted the loan or must be thru co operative?
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by 1stUnique(m): 10:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
world1:
Are You Interested In Agribusiness Get Free Land And Training At WABI Osun State -
https://www.nairaland.com/2024911/w.a.b.i

waoo. I thought its only in ogbomoso. Oyo state. It will really make sense if its extended to osun state. Whic part of osun state is it sir?
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by world1(m): 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
1stUnique:

waoo. I thought its only in ogbomoso. Oyo state. It will really make sense if its extended to osun state. Whic part of osun state is it sir?
So sorry
Its only Ogbomosho in Oyo state.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by kendraloops(f): 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
moyin2009:
-I just open my account with BOA in Akure, and in the next 3 months i should start processing for the loan of #250k. get back soon

Hi, have you started the loan application process? I stay in Akure too but i haven't opened an account yet.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by toluxa1(m): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
I learnt you can apply for the loan after two months. How true is this?
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by funkyme2014(f): 10:21am On Dec 07, 2014
Bank of agric has offices in all the local govt area secretariate. So go to d local govt office of your location n get infor u need[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by oghenedorosteve: 12:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
funkyme2014:
Bank of agric has offices in all the local govt area secretariate. So go to d local govt office of your location n get infor u need[color=#006600][/color]
..................is that true?bt never heard of it befor.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by soladnet14: 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
oghenedorosteve:
..................is that true?bt never heard of it befor.

This is NOT TRUE, but they have branches in almost all cities in each state.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by oghenedorosteve: 12:42am On Dec 10, 2014
soladnet14:

...........Tank u oooo
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by funkyme2014(f): 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
Bros am telling u wat I knw nt wat I heard! Bank of Agric has offices in all local govt nt branch. Its d local government people dat can identify u wen u apply for a loan and assist d branch which is normally sited in d capital city to locate where your farm is/or to be. Esp those in rural areas. I have account sit bank of Agric Imo state but since d bank is nt online its cumbersome going to your branch where u opened d account to make deposit esp wen u don't live in same city n it has affected my contribution

This is NOT TRUE, but they have branches in almost all cities in each state.[/quote]
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by world1(m): 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
1stUnique:

The next program is coming up in Abeokuta ogun state
www.yabdi.org
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by Austin234(m): 4:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
Does cooperative require a colateral and gurantor b4 their loan is granted?
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
Austin234:
Does cooperative require a colateral and gurantor b4 their loan is granted?
No, but it depends on the policy of the cooperative society you belong to.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
misleading information. please disregard.

funkyme2014:
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by stagger: 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
funkyme2014:
Bros am telling u wat I knw nt wat I heard! Bank of Agric has offices in all local govt nt branch. Its d local government people dat can identify u wen u apply for a loan and assist d branch which is normally sited in d capital city to locate where your farm is/or to be. Esp those in rural areas. I have account sit bank of Agric Imo state but since d bank is nt online its cumbersome going to your branch where u opened d account to make deposit esp wen u don't live in same city n it has affected my contribution

How can someone just open her mouth and be talking such falsified information?
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by samuel25(m): 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
stagger:

How can someone just open her mouth and be talking such falsified information?

Not falsified information but fact though here in Oyo state. each local govt agric dept has information about BOA covering their LGC and BOA work with them to connect farmer or make sure the claim of farmer about their farm is genuine.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
samuel25:

Not falsified information but fact though here in Oyo state. each local govt agric dept has information about BOA covering their LGC and BOA work with them to connect farmer or make sure the claim of farmer about their farm is genuine.

Ok
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by ultrazone(m): 11:15am On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by princelynx: 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
If you're interested in joining the telegram group meant for discussing issues relating to Turkey breeding and marketing. Feel free to send a telegram message to 08055678830, to be added or you use this link https:///joinchat/DPhZakGCpQ3BVan6C9623g. You will be glad u did. If you don't have telegram, go to google play store and download it . Thanks.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 10:49am On Apr 29, 2017
Hi
Let's keep this thread alive...
Any new information?
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by philchudi: 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
Its been quite cold here lately.
please I have few questions
First is the loan still accessible.
second, what if want to go through cooperative, what's d requirements.
Third. How much will be given to the group.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun State Farmers, Let Meet Over Here / Obasanjo Hosts Chris Tucker At His Ota Farm (2011 Video) / Cheap Ways Of Raising Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.