Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others (30324 Views)

Atiku, Tinubu In Race For APC Bot Chair / Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position / Anambra Capital City - After 20years As A Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Abagworo(m): 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
thewarrior72: abagworo You bastarrrrrrd ikwerre man masking as igbo, what u are looking for u will soon have it in hundred folds. Anyways, I pity ur one city imo state embarassed embarassed

Tell that to Peter Obi. I remain the only true Igbo man with our interest at heart. By the time you add his neglect of Awka to the number of MASSOB members killed and dumped in Ezu river, you will thank me.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Collynzo22: 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
thewarrior72: abagworo You bastarrrrrrd ikwerre man masking as igbo, what u are looking for u will soon have it in hundred folds. Anyways, I pity ur one city imo state embarassed embarassed
After calling him an Ikwerre man, you went ahead to insult Imo state because of him.
Doesn't that make you a fool?

5 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by asha80(m): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Abagworo:

Tell that to Peter Obi. I remain the only true Igbo man with our interest at heart. By the time you add his neglect of Awka to the number of MASSOB members killed and dumped in Ezu river, you will thank me.
'i remain the only true igbo man with our interest at heart'.......the way you keep repeating this funny statement.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Abagworo(m): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Collynzo22:
After calling him an Ikwerre man, you went ahead to insult Imo state because of him.

Notice that I did not post any pictures. The most I will do is to mention roads or areas like Ifite-Awka etc. My aim is to say the truth about Peter Obi and the attempts by his disciples to deceive people with lies.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by thewarrior72: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Collynzo22:
Don't start what u cannot finish. Abagworo, though ikwerre man, front & speak for imo state, hence my mention of imo state. By the way, where's the insult in my comment? undecided undecided
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
I suppose people should be familiar with Abagworo madness,by now.
Abagworo,doesnt it suck that you weren't born an Anambrarian?
I know how it feels when you desperately long for something you cant get,so you end up giving it a bad name just to make th yourself feel better....ezi offia,nobi today.
Screem Anambra from today till you die we will always be ahead of you because God made it that way. You should be more worried about how to stop the disgraceful business of prostitution thriving in Owerri. With number of hotels in that very little Owerri you will think there is a tourist attraction there but NO. Owerri has become a city of harlots,where young girls who are suppose to be in school sell their body for a nickle. What a shame!
Imo state has more problems that Anambra: With all the alleged Rochas 300 schools your state is still falling behind in education. Anambra is light years ahead of Imo in all indices of development. We are not your equal: remove the log in your eyes first!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
You see what I said about the Igbo love for washing their dirty laundry in hostile environments?

3 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
Abagworo:

Notice that I did not post any pictures. The most I will do is to mention roads or areas like Ifite-Awka etc. My aim is to say the truth about Peter Obi and the attempts by his disciples to deceive people with lies.

This isnt about Peter Obi,it is rather about Anambra,you eediot!
You must think you have a drop of sense.
This your hate started from the culture section where you tried to connect your Isu towns to Anambra and was met with stiff resistance.
You moved into Politics with very little experience and now you are making a fool of your self.
Obi is adored all over the world and you can only wish to have somebody like him in your government house. Chief Obi wasnt elected to build Awka. He was elected to build Anambra and we Anambrarians think different from most Igbo. We see tomorrow and make plans for it....In our state every town counts...Be it Ekwulobia,Nnewi,Idenmili,Onitsha,Otuocha Aguleri and Okija/Ihiala. These towns are all very important and we are making sure they get all the needed infrastructure.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
Come here telling me nonsense ; At least our state capital is not littered with cheap hotels where our local girls are constantly ffucked for a kobo! If I were you I do be very ashamed of myself and find a way to fix my problems before pointing finger at someone who is living in paradise.
The more you keep calling Obi the more pathetic you sound because people are seeking his expertise on how he turned Anambra around. You should listen to his interviews and hear what he say about Rochas...lol
Onye ka nmadu ka chie!

5 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Nnewi1stSon: 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
Too many sycophants on this thread, Peter Obi remains a Monumental fraud that left nothing but mediocre projects all over Anambra!

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by nigerianvenom(m): 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
awka is beautiful
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Nnewi1stSon: 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
nigerianvenom: awka is beautiful
Yes, but it lacks basic infrastructure and aesthetics!
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by thewarrior72: 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli: Come here telling me nonsense ; At least our state capital is not littered with cheap hotels where our local girls are constantly ffucked for a kobo! If I were you I do be very ashamed of myself and find a way to fix my problems before pointing finger at someone who is living in paradise.
The more you keep calling Obi the more pathetic you sound because people are seeking his expertise on how he turned Anambra around. You should listen to his interviews and hear what he say about Rochas...lol
Onye ka nmadu ka chie!
You de mind that dullard called abagworo, to him & his ilks building cheap hotels in all nook & crannies of owerri translate to development & achievement cry

3 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by UnknownT: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
I tried reading this post but when I got to the point where the writer stated that Orlu and Okigwe are now better than Awka in terms of massive transformation, I stopped reading. As in, Okigwe n Orlu? Lol! I am from Orlu and I have stayed in Okigwe for major part of my life. That is a lie from the pit of hell only a paid writer(sycophant) can write

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by aryzgreat: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
UnknownT: I tried reading this post but when I got to the point where the writer stated that Orlu and Okigwe are now better than Awka in terms of massive transformation, I stopped reading. As in, Okigwe n Orlu? Lol! I am from Orlu and I have stayed in Okigwe for major part of my life. That is a lie from the pit of hell only a paid writer(sycophant) can write

The writer is an apc hypocrite.

What do u expected from thief.nubu newspaper the nation?

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by abagoro(m): 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli: Come here telling me nonsense ; At least our state capital is not littered with cheap hotels where our local girls are constantly ffucked for a kobo! If I were you I do be very ashamed of myself and find a way to fix my problems before pointing finger at someone who is living in paradise.
Onye ka nmadu ka chie!

Truth 1

Owerri is probably the most modern city in housing and arrangement outside Abuja in Nigeria.

Truth 2

This thread is not about comparison or State vs State fight. You can open that if you so wish.

Truth 3

Peter Obi did little for 8 years in Anambra, otherwise Obiano won't be as busy as he is today.

Truth 4

Peter Obi killed APGA

Truth 5

Peter Obi has been accused ofbeing behind Ojukwu's death

Truth 6

Awka is the most under-developed State capital in Southeast and South-south after Obi wasted 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by abagoro(m): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
Finally this is a news report with its source quite clear and the writer obviously not Abagworo.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/awka-a-capital-city-in-race-to-catch-up-with-others/

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
abagoro:

Truth 1

Owerri is probably the most modern city in housing and arrangement outside Abuja in Nigeria.

Truth 2

This thread is not about comparison or State vs State fight. You can open that if you so wish.

Truth 3

Peter Obi did little for 8 years in Anambra, otherwise Obiano won't be as busy as he is today.

Truth 4

Peter Obi killed APGA

Truth 5

Truth 6

Awka is the most under-developed State capital in Southeast and South-south after Obi wasted 8 years.
since obi is no longer there, why are you bothering us with this?

2 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Imo2015: 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
i think you are a habitual liar. with the type of pictures i have seen on the other thread. i will conclude that owerri and imo state is the most backward in the southeast. remember we are over 40years of age.

abagoro:

Truth 1

Truth 2

Truth 3

Truth 4

Peter Obi killed APGA

Truth 5

Truth 6

3 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by warrior01: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
Whoever wrote that article must be very mad. Imagine comparing Awka with Orlu and Okigwe. Anyway, coming from Tinubu's paper, you don't expect anything better from the haters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by vanbonattel: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli: I suppose people should be familiar with Abagworo madness,by now.
Abagworo,doesnt it suck that you weren't born an Anambrarian?
I know how it feels when you desperately long for something you cant get,so you end up giving it a bad name just to make th yourself feel better....ezi offia,nobi today.
Screem Anambra from today till you die we will always be ahead of you because God made it that way. You should be more worried about how to stop the disgraceful business of prostitution thriving in Owerri. With number of hotels in that very little Owerri you will think there is a tourist attraction there but NO. Owerri has become a city of harlots,where young girls who are suppose to be in school sell their body for a nickle. What a shame!
Imo state has more problems that Anambra: With all the alleged Rochas 300 schools your state is still falling behind in education. Anambra is light years ahead of Imo in all indices of development. We are not your equal: remove the log in your eyes first!

Anambra is not better than ebonyi state
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by mikeywise(m): 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
Cabman, abeg stop me here.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by vanbonattel: 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
Awka cheesy

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
vanbonattel:

Anambra is not better than ebonyi state

Oga,enter one corner make beta person talk.
Isnt Ebonyi performing better than Imo in Education
Lol

3 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
Chino, come spread your usual lies.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by bokohalal(m): 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
That Awka Ring Road na helele.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by achi4u(m): 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
Zedric: Apart from the fact that you confessed that it is a den of criminals and that the people are still so backwards that cyber cafe still thrives, I see nothing special in your advery
Is it confessional statement or FACT!
Awka is coming up small, only that it has 'NO MASTER PLAN' from day one.
People build houses anyhow even at the edge of the road.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Abagworo(m): 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
achi4u: Is it confessional statement or FACT!
Awka is coming up small, only that it has 'NO MASTER PLAN' from day one.
People build houses anyhow even at the edge of the road.

http://247ureports.com/?p=56386

Council of Knights in Anglican Communion, Mgbakwu Archdeaconry, and Ofemmili Archdeaconry, both in Awka North local government area, Awka Diocese, Anambra state yesterday sent a Save Our Souls (SOS) call to the Anambra state Governor, Chief Willie Obiano to as a matter of urgent public important come to the rescue of people of Awka North local government area with tarred roads as they have been cut off from the rest of the state.
The council of knights literally wept as they trekked miles and others who could afford it spent about N2, 000 on motorcycle known as Okada to be able to attend their Bi-monthly council of knights meeting at Urum community from Awba –Ofemili   and other communities in the two Archdeaconry in Awka North.
The lamented that as schools have resumed that it was hell for teachers in the rural communities to get to their destinations and once it rains they would not attend to their pupils and students which according to them is a disservice to the future leaders who have been marginalized in almost everything infrastructure.

The communities that formed the Mgbakwu and Ofemmili Archdeaconries are Amanuke, Awba-Ofemmili, Mgbakwu , Isu-Aniocha and Urum, as well as Ugbene,  Ugbenu  , Ebenebe ,Achalla and Amansea.

In Sir  Enemuo’s words ,”we the people of Awka North have contributed immensely in voting in an APGA candidate to be governor. Are the people of Awka North not from the state? None of the roads that lead to Amanuke and Urum is motorable. The same is applicable to the roads from Ugbene to Amanuke and from Achalla to Ugbene as well as Achalla to Urum to Amanuke even that of Awba –Ofemmili had two cars if not more by now stuck their for days now as I speak to you because no vehicle can enter that community now or go out. Everybody is trapped and we need urgent government intervention. I am appealing to Governor Obiano to as a mater of urgency intervene and save us this agony of a people’’, he noted.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Abagworo(m): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/05/making-awka-befitting-capital/

Making Awka a befitting capital

Somebody who has been to other state capitals would visibly be disappointed on visiting Awka, the Anambra State capital.

Twenty-three years after it became a capital city, Awka remains a shadow of a state capital, lacking in the attractions usually associated with a city enjoying such a nomenclature.

Unlike other sister capital cities in the South-East like Enugu and Owerri, Awka remains a glorified village.

To worsen the situation, successive governments in the state, including the immediate past administration visibly did nothing to improve the status of the Anambra State capital.

This explains why 23 years after it became the Anambra capital, many civil servants in the state still prefer to come to work in Awka from Enugu, which used to be the capital of old Anambra State until Enugu State was created by General Ibrahim Babangida military administration in 1991.

Some civil servants who cannot cope with the rigours of operating from Enugu even prefer to operate from their villages, see nothing different between the villages and the capital city.

The story is the same for the political class in Anambra State including commissioners and other state government appointees, federal and state lawmakers, ministers and other top government functionaries.

Most of these Anambra politicians including the acclaimed godfathers own palatial mansions in Enugu and yet cannot even boast of a bungalow in Awka.

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by aryzgreat: 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Abagworo:

http://247ureports.com/?p=56386

Council of Knights in Anglican Communion, Mgbakwu Archdeaconry, and Ofemmili Archdeaconry, both in Awka North local government area, Awka Diocese, Anambra state yesterday sent a Save Our Souls (SOS) call to the Anambra state Governor, Chief Willie Obiano to as a matter of urgent public important come to the rescue of people of Awka North local government area with tarred roads as they have been cut off from the rest of the state.
The council of knights literally wept as they trekked miles and others who could afford it spent about N2, 000 on motorcycle known as Okada to be able to attend their Bi-monthly council of knights meeting at Urum community from Awba –Ofemili   and other communities in the two Archdeaconry in Awka North.
The lamented that as schools have resumed that it was hell for teachers in the rural communities to get to their destinations and once it rains they would not attend to their pupils and students which according to them is a disservice to the future leaders who have been marginalized in almost everything infrastructure.

The communities that formed the Mgbakwu and Ofemmili Archdeaconries are Amanuke, Awba-Ofemmili, Mgbakwu , Isu-Aniocha and Urum, as well as Ugbene,  Ugbenu  , Ebenebe ,Achalla and Amansea.

In Sir  Enemuo’s words ,”we the people of Awka North have contributed immensely in voting in an APGA candidate to be governor. Are the people of Awka North not from the state? None of the roads that lead to Amanuke and Urum is motorable. The same is applicable to the roads from Ugbene to Amanuke and from Achalla to Ugbene as well as Achalla to Urum to Amanuke even that of Awba –Ofemmili had two cars if not more by now stuck their for days now as I speak to you because no vehicle can enter that community now or go out. Everybody is trapped and we need urgent government intervention. I am appealing to Governor Obiano to as a mater of urgency intervene and save us this agony of a people’’, he noted.

Ewu awusa, Awka north is not same as Awka capital which is in Awka south local government.

Try again old f00l.

4 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Imo2015: 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
aryzgreat:

Ewu awusa, Awka north is not same as Awka capital which is in Awka south local government.

Try again old f00l.

Leave abagworo, he likes things that make him feel good. i am from imo state but i know that imo state is backward and far behind anambra when it comes to development. imo state needs redemption, we are abou the least developed in the southeast today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Abagworo(m): 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
Imo2015:

Leave abagworo, he likes things that make him feel good. i am from imo state but i know that imo state is backward and far behind anambra when it comes to development. imo state needs redemption, we are abou the least developed in the southeast today.

The problem with you Chino is that you believe truth can be covered or lies can live long. You've written times without number that Peter Obi tarred all the rural roads in Anambra but yet you are now defending same Peter Obi with regards to Awka North.

Like I wrote earlier, if Peter Obi worked, Obiano wouldn't have much to worry about like he's doing today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27)

Fraud Alert!!! Don't Pay To Anybody Having This Document / Video: Soldiers Scramble For Water As Relief Materials Finally Arrive Sambisa / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.