Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others (30321 Views)

Atiku, Tinubu In Race For APC Bot Chair / Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position / Anambra Capital City - After 20years As A Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Imo2015: 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
Abagworo:

The problem with you Chino is that you believe truth can be covered or lies can live long. You've written times without number that Peter Obi tarred all the rural roads in Anambra but yet you are now defending same Peter Obi with regards to Awka North.

Like I wrote earlier, if Peter Obi worked, Obiano wouldn't have much to worry about like he's doing today.

listen up, im not chino, so if u want us to talk then talk like a sane person. u have embarassed imo people enough on this forum. i must continue to stand by the truth, imo state is backward not because i dont like rochas but because he las led us into the drains. just look at owerri? are u proud of it? juts look at the entire imo state..are u proud of it? look at even my village arondizugou, there is no road to my town at all. not because of anything else but i want to tell u that anambra as at today beats imo state all round. i drive good roads from abuja to anambra once i come into the boundary between anambra and imo state the story changes.

5 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Energito: 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Awka north and south are both part of state capital.
aryzgreat:

Ewu awusa, Awka north is not same as Awka capital which is in Awka south local government.

Try again old f00l.

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli: Come here telling me nonsense ; At least our state capital is not littered with cheap hotels where our local girls are constantly ffucked for a kobo! If I were you I do be very ashamed of myself and find a way to fix my problems before pointing finger at someone who is living in paradise.
The more you keep calling Obi the more pathetic you sound because people are seeking his expertise on how he turned Anambra around. You should listen to his interviews and hear what he say about Rochas...lol
Onye ka nmadu ka chie!
Umuigbo on nairaland, Please take note. Chino and Abagworo are not true Igbos. Using Anambra and Imo as shield in washing their dirty linen in public. I've been saying it that this two disgrace don't regard Igbo value system - the love for their maternal home (Kogi and Rivers) outweighs the love to the pan-Igbo ideals. No true Nwafor will point to his father's house with a left hand - nay desecrate his Ezi n' Ulo to the excitement of outsiders. If the two demented fool have any regard for Igboland they should had settled their rivalry in close doors and engage themselves in the fight of shame without bringing the two brotherly states in the battle front. But they choose to do otherwise. From Henceforth, I declare Chino and Abagworo persona non grata in Igbo affairs. The two should stay clear of Issues that involves Igbo unity and development. They are no longer needed again. Ndi nzuzu.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by nigerianvenom(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Yes, but it lacks basic infrastructure and aesthetics!

its applicable to all states including lagos

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Abagworo(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
Chiwude: Umuigbo on nairaland, Please take note. Chino and Abagworo are not true Igbos. Using Anambra and Imo as shield in washing their dirty linen in public. I've been saying it that this two disgrace don't regard Igbo value system - the love for their maternal home (Kogi and Rivers) outweighs the love to the pan-Igbo ideals. No true Nwafor will point to his father's house with a left hand - nay desecrate his Ezi n' Ulo to the excitement of outsiders. If the two demented fool have any regard for Igboland they should had settled their rivalry in close doors and engage themselves in the fight of shame without bringing the two brotherly states in the battle front. But they choose to do otherwise. From Henceforth, I declare Chino and Abagworo persona non grata in Igbo affairs. The two should stay clear of Issues that involves Igbo unity and development. They are no longer needed again. Ndi nzuzu.

You are making a very big mistake by comparing me with Chino. My thread is a published news with source and not a smear campaign. Its as good as some other threads about Imo State like this one

https://www.nairaland.com/1898587/jonathan-port-harcourt-owerri-express-road

Or

https://www.nairaland.com/1880271/aba-city-ruins

It is not wrong to open a thread based on news published by print media which bares the mind of the people. That Anambra is involved does not mean it should be seen differently.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by aryzgreat: 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
Chiwude: Umuigbo on nairaland, Please take note. Chino and Abagworo are not true Igbos. Using Anambra and Imo as shield in washing their dirty linen in public. I've been saying it that this two disgrace don't regard Igbo value system - the love for their maternal home (Kogi and Rivers) outweighs the love to the pan-Igbo ideals. No true Nwafor will point to his father's house with a left hand - nay desecrate his Ezi n' Ulo to the excitement of outsiders. If the two demented fool have any regard for Igboland they should had settled their rivalry in close doors and engage themselves in the fight of shame without bringing the two brotherly states in the battle front. But they choose to do otherwise. From Henceforth, I declare Chino and Abagworo persona non grata in Igbo affairs. The two should stay clear of Issues that involves Igbo unity and development. They are no longer needed again. Ndi nzuzu.

Gbam and supported.

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by aryzgreat: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Energito: Awka north and south are both part of state capital.

What do u know about Awka? This is my town. Please bug off.

3 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by superstar1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by AustineE1: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
There was a time i tried very hard to caution both Chino and Abagworo but it all fell on deaf ears.Chino is passionate about Obi and defends all his actions with great zeal even when right or wrong,but that doesnt give him the right or impetus to insult another great Igbo state(that i detest) and am angered by his action.
As for Abagworo,he is an embarrassment to igbos and has taken up the kind of Rochas-APC-Yoruba sabotaging and igbo betrayal kind of politics and i have long lost any respect i have for him.Like his mentor Rochas,they can sell igbo land for all they care,as long as their political interest is guided.Abagworo is a national disgrace to Igbos,though i doubt if truly an adult igbo man can behave in such an irresponsible manner as he does.

4 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by millionaireman: 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Obi was elected to build Anambra and we Anambrarians think different from most Igbo. We see tomorrow and make plans for it....In our state every town counts...Be it Ekwulobia, Nnewi, Idenmili, Onitsha, Otuocha, Aguleri and Okija/Ihiala. These towns are all very important and we are making sure they get all the needed infrastructure.

Correct. State governors are elected to develop their entire state, not the state capital alone.
The normal thing should have been if a government builds two development infrastructures in a state capital, it must provide at least one of those infrastructures in the other local government areas of the state.

The ugly phenomenon of lavishing state government money on the state capital alone has made Imo state among the least developed compared to the states that came into existence same time with Imo.

2 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by millionaireman: 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
Author of this article seems to be a bush man. Opening paragraph, he wrote that Awka still remains more like a rural community, and in other paragraphs, he called Awka a city.

Ignorantly, author compared Orlu with Awka. Author cited many tertiary institutions in Awka. But the only school run by any government in Orlu is a School for the Mentally and Physically Handicapped. The teaching hospital at Orlu houses a few health studies students.

Author must have believed that flyovers are marks of a city, and he was cajoling Anambra governor Obiano to build flyovers in Awka. Apparent bushman author did not know that flyovers are signs of an unplanned and decadent city. No modern city developer can go for usually ugly and obstructive flyovers when there is space to build roundabouts. Modern governments would even bulldoze huge houses to build a roundabout instead of flyover.

Gov. Okorocha appears more modern with his roundabouts in Imo state, even though some ignorant people have been cajoling his government to build flyovers in Owerri; these people do not care a hoot that rain flood caries away double deck houses in other towns, especially in Orlu, because Imo state government has failed to provide simple urban drainage systems in areas outside Owerri.

3 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by stan241(m): 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
AustineE1: There was a time i tried very hard to caution both Chino and Abagworo but it all fell on deaf ears.Chino is passionate about Obi and defends all his actions with great zeal even when right or wrong,but that doesnt give him the right or impetus to insult another great Igbo state(that i detest) and am angered by his action.
As for Abagworo,he is an embarrassment to igbos and has taken up the kind of Rochas-APC-Yoruba sabotaging and igbo betrayal kind of politics and i have long lost any respect i have for him.Like his mentor Rochas,they can sell igbo land for all they care,as long as their political interest is guided.Abagworo is a national disgrace to Igbos,though i doubt if truly an adult igbo man can behave in such an irresponsible manner as he does.
As hard as you tried to hide both your hatred for him and your deep seething hatred for the good people of Imo state u just cldnt help urself....that he is an APC supporter doesnt make him that less of an Igbo man different folks my man instead you should be cautioning the both of them squarely for embarrassing ndigbo in general on this site throughout today with their disgusting posts and not taking sides...and people wonder why an Igbo man cant rule Nigeria
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Dmanlex(m): 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
ak47mann: Anambra wetin the place do una? cool
Anambra has state has the highest number of wealth and prominent Nigerians. Anambarians has 50% of private Jets in Nigeria. Anambra has d highest numbr of dispersed business men from Nig 2 diff part of d world. Anambarians owns most business premises in Lagos nd Abuja markets. SO ANAMBRA MOST DEVELOP

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by ak47mann(m): 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
Abagwaro and rochas are the same people that can sell alaigbos at any point of time,ask him to prove to us and let see if any hausa governors both present and past,where in nigerian history any of them build any church for christians living in their respective states. Rochas broke that record in Imo state that have less than 2% Muslims,does that mean rochas okorocha cannot use that funds and build a better project than building mosques that made absolutely no sense to imolites cool

2 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by AustineE1: 7:20am On Oct 03, 2014
stan241: As hard as you tried to hide both your hatred for him and your deep seething hatred for the good people of Imo state u just cldnt help urself....that he is an APC supporter doesnt make him that less of an Igbo man different folks my man instead you should be cautioning the both of them squarely for embarrassing ndigbo in general on this site throughout today with their disgusting posts and not taking sides...and people wonder why an Igbo man cant rule Nigeria
for the record,i do not hide my disapproval for Abagworo and Rochas kind of politics,i know Rochas personally,more than you will ever believe,during his campaign i was so happy and participated,with anticipation that he will go into govt house as a radical and revolutionary APGA igboist governor.He got into govt house and all that changed,he brought down his deputy,changed his party and joined the igbo haters party,with self interest of being the vice president in a Yoruba party,which is impossible,he quickly forgot history.He started his Mosque building appeasement program,which is anti Igbo,he gave money to Igbos in Abuja who were converted from christianity to muslim,that hurts me so much,when works on the second Niger bridge was being commissioned and all Eastern state governors includind Delta state governor came,as a mark of respect for an Eastern interest project,only Rochas choose to stay back,so as to please his APC friends.Then compare this to what Northern governors often do regardless of party,whenever anything concerning Northern interest comes up etc.
As for your accusation of me hating Imo state,it is unfounded,only an Igbo afulefu will hate a sister Igbo state,when some of us had worked so hard to unite and be stronger as Igbos.Am a core igboist and will shed the last drop of my blood for any Igbo or Igbo state and you can check my past posts in this forum to convince you....meanwhile,when i was in university of Jos,i belong to an Isreali-Igbo awareness movement,in which Rochas was also a strong senior visiting member and we shared common Igbo greatness ideals and now he has let us down.

2 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by FreeGlobe(f): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2014
Idumose: Whoever that wrote that article was right.Peter Obi did not concentrate anambra
development on Awka alone.He spread his development accross the state.
Anambra state as a whole is developed courtesy of Ngige and Obi.

As for Awka,i laugh in Amikwo.

Awka is still a glorified village - Chukwuma Soludo.
You know Amikwo? lol.
This is why I say Peter obi is a fraud. Can you imagine a governor only completing a pedestrian bridge in 8 years in his capital. Peter obi left Anambra exactly as he met it.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by Idumose(m): 9:18am On Oct 03, 2014
FreeGlobe:
You know Amikwo? lol.
This is why I say Peter obi is a fraud. Can you imagine a governor only completing a pedestrian bridge in 8 years in his capital. Peter obi left Anambra exactly as he met it.
Yes i know Amikwo,uumuanaga,umuike,umuogbu,umuenechi,umudioka,umuoruka,ifite-Awka,Amenyi,umuokpu,etc.
But Amikwo is by far the most developed and the largest village in Awka.

Does Anambra have good roads or not?
Answer:Anambra has VERY[/size] good roads.

From Nkpor to Obosi and umuoji,from umuoji to ojoto,from ojoto to Nnobi,
From nnobi to Awka Etiti to Azigbo to igboukwu to ezinifite to Uga,it's smooth
road all the way.

From Awka to Amawbia,Nawfia,Enugu-ukwu,Abagana,ifitedunu,umunnachi,umudioka,
Ogbunike,Ogidi,Nkpor,onitsha.Have you passed through this road lately?

If you did,then thank Peter Obi.As a matter of fact Awka to is is just 25minutes drive.

Have forgotten that it was Peter Obi who tarred the roads in Anaku,omor,igbaku,ifite ogwari,
Umueje,umumbo,umuolum roads? These are the rice producing communities in Ayamelum
LGA's.Prior to Peter Obi's ascention to power,these communities where anambra/imo river basin
authority is sited was the most backward and neglected part of the state.

Go there and tell them Peter obi did not work and in less than 1minute you will be surprised to see
your head severed from it's neck.In other words,they will send you to your ancestors from where you
will be watching us post comments on nairaland.

Peter obi is there hero.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by IGBOSON1: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Abagworo:

You are making a very big mistake by comparing me with Chino. My thread is a published news with source and not a smear campaign. Its as good as some other threads about Imo State like this one

https://www.nairaland.com/1898587/jonathan-port-harcourt-owerri-express-road

Or

https://www.nairaland.com/1880271/aba-city-ruins

It is not wrong to open a thread based on news published by print media which bares the mind of the people. That Anambra is involved does not mean it should be seen differently.

^^^Don't mind those peeps saying you did something wrong! As far as i know there's still freedom of speech in this country, and if someone can't handle the fact that a not-too-favorable news story has been posted about his state, then it just shows how immature the individual is!
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by FreeGlobe(f): 9:57am On Oct 03, 2014
@idumose all the so called Peter obi narrow, single laned roads without sidewalks and lights are presently damaged. I can mention many of them if you want or even post pictures, Can you compare Peter obi roads to Ngige's or even Etiaba? Peter obi is only a hero in Agulu unless you don't know what is happening in Anambra.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by B2mario(m): 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
UnknownT:
I tried reading this post but when I got to the point where the writer stated that Orlu and Okigwe are now better than Awka in terms of massive transformation, I stopped reading. As in, Okigwe n Orlu? Lol! I am from Orlu and I have stayed in Okigwe for major part of my life. That is a lie from the pit of hell only a paid writer(sycophant) can write

Oga lets learn how to be truthful, what is in Awka, just one dual carriage road, one pedestrian flyover, very rowdy and dusty. You are not from Orlu and you don't know Okigwe if you can say this. Orlu is a hot-cake now, it has many dual carriage roads, many hotels and higher institutions springing up. I don't know what is too special about this anambra sef, nothing to be proud of but you people always boost with it, Oga don't claim imo, from your language i can tell you that you are from anambra. Obi kill Anambra and it's hard for you to believe.

Umuahia was made a capital in 1991 but now compare the development there with the ones in Awka which was also made capital in the same year you will see that Awka is lagging behind, even Abakiliki is now better than Awka. It's good to love your state but anambra own is madness to the extent that you can see the truth about your state.

Awka and Anambra in general need God's intervention.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by UnknownT: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
B2mario:

Oga lets learn how to be truthful, what is in Awka, just one dual carriage road, one pedestrian flyover, very rowdy and dusty. You are not from Orlu and you don't know Okigwe if you can say this. Orlu is a hot-cake now, it has many dual carriage roads, many hotels and higher institutions springing up. I don't know what is too special about this anambra sef, nothing to be proud of but you people always boost with it, Oga don't claim imo, from your language i can tell you that you are from anambra. Obi kill Anambra and it's hard for you to believe.

Umuahia was made a capital in 1991 but now compare the development there with the ones in Awka which was also made capital in the same year you will see that Awka is lagging behind, even Abakiliki is now better than Awka. It's good to love your state but anambra own is madness to the extent that you can see the truth about your state.

I am not from Orlu and I don't know Okigwe? Hmmmm! Thank God you haven't termed me a Yoruba or Anambra guy yet. Okigwe: Owerri road that starts majorly from that Enugu - PH highway upto st. Marys(that gets to uturu), then streets like Ubaha road, Ike road, Agiriga road, etc. Orlu: dat Onitsha road that goes to Nkwerre n then to okigwe zone, then some other streets like tijani, okporo road etc. In terms of development, what are in these two towns? Only few markets( Eke Okigwe,Abakpa n International in Orlu), few banks and then civil servants! One thing I hate in NL is tagging someone who doesn't agree with what someone says as lying. What do I have to gain? You need to apologize to me for that statement that I am not from Orlu n I don't know Okigwe. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by oneeast2: 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
You have started again this daft? Why is it so hard for you to understand that it is Abia that needs help? Why can't you face the under development, slum and filth that filled the entire Abia state? I have told you times without number that Umahia is nothing but a local council that is not even up to ordinary Ekwulobia. On the other hand Aba is the 'hellfire' of Nigeria. There is no single motorable road in the whole of Aba, everywhere is littered with filth and bad roads.

Awka is getting malls, flyovers and tunnels with two major universities and a teaching hospital while your rural Umahia is yet to get a common footbridge. What is the meaning of development and advancement again?

I am still surprise that you want to compare Abia to a top rate state as Anambra. Anambra has 3 major cities and are being developed simultaneously at all fronts. The only state that is spreading development to every part of the state building malls in all its cities. Building infrastructures in all its cities simultaneously.

I know you are still hurt but I have to remind you that its an insult placing the slum filthy Abia side by side with a widely developed state as Anambra.

B2mario:

2 Likes

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by oneeast2: 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by B2mario(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Imo2015:

listen up, im not chino, so if u want us to talk then talk like a sane person. u have embarassed imo people enough on this forum. i must continue to stand by the truth, imo state is backward not because i dont like rochas but because he las led us into the drains. just look at owerri? are u proud of it? juts look at the entire imo state..are u proud of it? look at even my village arondizugou, there is no road to my town at all. not because of anything else but i want to tell u that anambra as at today beats imo state all round. i drive good roads from abuja to anambra once i come into the boundary between anambra and imo state the story changes.

Oga watch well, stop lying it's not good.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by winniz: 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
B2mario:

Oga watch well, stop lying it's not good.

B2 mario stay away from this thread, if u have nothing meaningful to contribute.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by oneeast2: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
Don't worry, very soon even you will blame me for crossing the line. I know that some people do not like peaceful atmosphere.. cool

winniz:

B2 stay away from this thread, if u have nothing meaningful to contribute.

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by winniz: 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
oneeast2:
Don't worry, very soon even you will blame me for crossing the line. I know that some people do not like peaceful atmosphere.. cool

Nwanne my attacks 2wards u are nothing personal, but sometimes u have 2 learn 2 Ignore some people 4 de sake of peace.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by oneeast2: 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
Me ignore him? It is not possible. The worst that will happen is that we shall continue what we have been doing since passed two days ago.. cool

winniz:

Nwanne my attacks 2wards u are nothing personal, but sometimes u have 2 learn 2 Ignore some people 4 de sake of peace.

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by winniz: 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
oneeast2:
Me ignore? It is not possible. The worst that will happen is that we shall continue what we have been doing since passed two days ago.. cool

Ok I know say 4 now he will not post any nonsense again 4 here.
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by ak47mann(m): 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
If you bring insult to yourself take it when a big insult land in your head with a full force,i have tried so many times advising people on how to compare their state with anambra state mainly if your argument is not based on jealousy but some people don't learn till you hit them hard like isreal hit Palestinians cool
Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by FACE(m): 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
Some places in Nigeria need total overhaul in order to achieve decent town planning. Some people just build houses anyhow and any where they feel like. I will show what birds suffer or enjoy anytime they go on site seeing in the SE state capitals. I will also include Nsukka, okigwe and Orlu as well. Surprisingly, Nsukka has better town planning than one or two state capitals. I just cannot understand why people cannot following basic planning rules like maintaining a straight line and minimum distance to a road.

Awka is in question so I will start from Awka:

1 Like

Re: AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others by FACE(m): 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
awka

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27)

Buhari: I stand by my claim that President went into coma – Fayose / Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian / Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.