Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1231200 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
Fidelity Bank Commences Saturday banking
Fidelity Bank Plc has announced its commencement of Saturday banking services in select branch locations across the country. This initiative, according to the bank, is in line with its mission to make financial services easy and accessible is part of the bank's renewed effort to provide a new face of service in the industry.

In a statement from the bank, the service became effective September 12, 2015 and commences between 10.00am to 2.00pm in 15 select Fidelity Bank branches across the country.

The branches include: Ketu, Alaba, Computer Village, Gbagada, Egbeda, (Lagos); Ekpoma, Mission Road (Edo State); Aba 3, Umuahia (Abia) and Challenge, Ibadan. Others are Polo Park, (Enugu), Nnewi, Onitsha Main (Anambra); Kano 3 and Owerri Main.

The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Fidelity Bank Plc, Mr. Nnamdi Okonkwo, said the introduction of Saturday banking services further reaffirmed the bank's commitment towards the creation of new customer experience in service delivery.

"We are actively changing the way we do business; becoming more focused on our customers' needs and exceeding their expectations from us," he added.

He noted the changing business environment and insisted that the only way to remain relevant to customers was to stay in tune with the times.

In terms of value proposition to customers, Okonkwo said Saturday banking will allow customers to send and receive money to and from over 200 countries of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
Deltagiant:

There is every reason to believe you

Julius Berger was in Anambra to sensitize the importers about their upcoming merchant vessels that'll berth at Warri and eventually at Onitsha with barges. Is anyone in the know of what's happening in that angle?

Please update me personally if anything comes up.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
This beautiful edifices I'm seeing in Anambra state needs very sweet roads to make the soup sumptuous. Environment goes a long way in marketing a particular state. If anambra state can invest in road repairs and widening, it will be good for us all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
investnow2013:
Fidelity Bank Commences Saturday banking
Fidelity Bank Plc has announced its commencement of Saturday banking services in select branch locations across the country. This initiative, according to the bank, is in line with its mission to make financial services easy and accessible is part of the bank's renewed effort to provide a new face of service in the industry.

In a statement from the bank, the service became effective September 12, 2015 and commences between 10.00am to 2.00pm in 15 select Fidelity Bank branches across the country.

The branches include: Ketu, Alaba, Computer Village, Gbagada, Egbeda, (Lagos); Ekpoma, Mission Road (Edo State); Aba 3, Umuahia (Abia) and Challenge, Ibadan. Others are Polo Park, (Enugu), Nnewi, Onitsha Main (Anambra); Kano 3 and Owerri Main.

The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Fidelity Bank Plc, Mr. Nnamdi Okonkwo, said the introduction of Saturday banking services further reaffirmed the bank's commitment towards the creation of new customer experience in service delivery.

"We are actively changing the way we do business; becoming more focused on our customers' needs and exceeding their expectations from us," he added.

He noted the changing business environment and insisted that the only way to remain relevant to customers was to stay in tune with the times.

In terms of value proposition to customers, Okonkwo said Saturday banking will allow customers to send and receive money to and from over 200 countries of the world.

The cow production farming is a very area that's going to help the region economically. Instead of allowing fulani herdsmen to destroy our state, its a very good thing that we're delving into this kind of business.

My brother and I are talking about dairy farming for the production of milk for west africa. He said there are no major milk producing companies in Nigeria. We can look into it.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
VickJames:
This beautiful edifices I'm seeing in Anambra state needs very sweet roads to make the soup sumptuous. Environment goes a long way in marketing a particular state. If anambra state can invest in road repairs and widening, it will be good for us all.
Well said my brother but we should keep in view that FG allocation is down now so we need to exercise some patience.
Well said again

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yeske2:
Well said my brother but we should keep in view that FG allocation is down now so we need to exercise some patience.
Well said again

That's true, my brother.

I'm just too impatient to see my state transform to another new york

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
Cjrane2:

If landlords could afford N500,000K, they should have simply used interlocking stones to build their roads and put gutters on both sides. It will last forever, instead of waiting for the elusive government.
This is a good idea.
odume and awada obosi residents are suffering because of bad roads but the neighborhood is dotted with good looking houses.
since the governor is unable to flag off new road network in developing maybe due to the current economy of the nation, this idea should be adopted in some specific areas like Obosi(odume,ugwuagba,awada), nkpor, omagba phase I & II, fegge and odoekpe.
The beauty of this idea is that it is not a phantom project that needs billions to execute. it just need the cooperation of landlords and government.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
VickJames:

That's true, my brother.

I'm just too impatient to see my state transform to another new york
We will get there, remember we've had good managers for some time so chillax.
Ours isn't the only state facing challenges at the moment, we'll get there with the way Obiano is busy attracting investors far and wide.
I only wish and pray that Ndi Anambra, home and abroad start siting their companies within the state, believe me, this state will explode within a short time.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yeske2:
We will get there, remember we've had good managers for some time so chillax.
Ours isn't the only state facing challenges at the moment, we'll get there with the way Obiano is busy attracting investors far and wide.
I only wish and pray that Ndi Anambra, home and abroad start siting their companies within the state, believe me, this state will explode within a short time.

You are on point brother.

God will make our state the best.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
Democracy in Action!..... Ict Centre Nza Ozubulu Ekwusigo Lga of Anambra State donated by APGA!.Many Local villagers are being trained on basic Computer Education!.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
More!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
Investing in ICT in the rural areas of Anambra State is the way forward in bridging the gap between the Urban areas & the rural areas in Anambra State!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
@invesrnow, I love that concept but that APGA logo should be a no no, tell them to replace it with something like Anambra state government or whatever

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yeske2:
@invesrnow, I love that concept but that APGA logo should be a no no, tell them to replace it with something like Anambra state government or whatever
This is not Anambra State govt project but a project by a philantropist in conjunction with Local Nza Ozubulu APGA Branch!.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
As we speak, every primary and secondary school teacher in anambra is undergoing a compulsory computer training programme at each LGA headquarters

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
investnow2013:
This is not Anambra State govt project but a project by a philantropist in conjunction with Local Nza Ozubulu APGA Branch!.
I bia kwa, APGA is the ruling party in Anambra and things like this shouldn't be politicised please, it should be given a state colouration and not a party thingy or at at most make it an LGA thing please. We all can never be for PDP, APGA or APC or whatever.
Silly PR stunt.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yeske2:
I bia kwa, APGA is the ruling party in Anambra and things like this shouldn't be politicised please, it should be given a state colouration and not a party thingy or at at most make it an LGA thing please. We all can never be for PDP, APGA or APC or whatever.
Nza Ozubulu is PDP stronghold that's why APGA is throwing every arsenal in it's armoury to dislodge PDP from Nza Ward Ozubulu!.The local people are enjoying the dividend of Democracy as a result of that!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
As we speak, every primary and secondary school teacher in anambra is undergoing a compulsory computer training programme at each LGA headquarters
Abegi and the poor teachers are supposed to pay double for their laptops from their salaries.
I appraise when necessary and hit back when any f......up is noticed
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by forgiveness: 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
BuddahMonk:

If there is anywhere in Lagos like Awada, Nkpor or Woliwo Layouts Onitsha you tell me.

Lagos is filled with duplexes, face-me-face-you, few two storey buildings and majority one storey.

Create a thread for it lets debate it grin grin grin grin

grin grin Ok na! i hear you.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
investnow2013:
Nza Ozubulu is PDP stronghold that's why APGA is throwing every arsenal in it's armoury to dislodge PDP from Nza Ward Ozubulu!.
Nna kwuo eziokwwu, na PR stunt, I don't buy into this silly stuff.
Obiano is trying but i dey mark am, he's failing.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2015
Investmore, try more biko.
You guys lie so much.
Old Road is still same since when.
Never ever had this bad, Onitsha asighi gini?
So so sad. Onye ose foto Obiano, try more
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yeske2:
Abegi and the poor teachers are supposed to pay double for their laptops from their salaries.
I appraise when necessary and hit back when any f......up is noticed
Oh.
I thought the payment is for the training?
So how much are we talking about here?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Oh.
Nwannem, biko juo investnow na freeglobe and the the rest.
All
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Oh. I thought the payment is for the training? So how much are we talking about here?
Ask them abeg not me
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Oh.
Ask @invest now
The state government pays him, I no fit shout
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
Anambra State is very rich in Minerals!. Just read this write up=>

Apart from these particular mineral sites at Ibughubu-Umuchu, Government of Anambra State searchlight should be beamed on deposits of minerals in other places in the State. Available data show that Clays are found in Ukpor, Okija, Ozubulu, Aguleri, Ihembosi, Enugwu Ukwu, Ihiala, Omor, Umuchu and Umunze. Lignite is in large quantity at Nnewi, Oba and Ozubulu. Sand and Sandstone: Nando, Ukpor, Obosi, Onitsha (River Niger), Otuocha and Oyi. Substantial quantities of Ironstone are found in Umuchu, Nnewi, Abor, Aguleri, Ogbunka and Owerre Ezukala. Gypsum: Awka and Onitsha. Bentonite: Awka. Pyrite: Onitsha and Nsugbe. Coal exists in commercial quantity at Owerre Ezukala. Federal Government should make haste to start drilling other oil wells located variously at Alo, Igbariam, Anam, Aguleri, Ogbaru etc. The issue of boundary disputes between Atani in Anambra State and Oguta in Imo State has continued to deny Anambra State the revenue accruable to the state from oil. The on-going efforts of the National Boundary Commission to resolve all States boundary disputes should be sustained to enable the issue resolved. If these Atani oil-rich farmland allegedly “leased out” in the past for farming to Oguta farmers are recovered, Anambra State will become the least Oil Producing State in Nigeria thus a license to becoming a beneficiary of the Presidential largesse for the youths of the Niger Delta States. The unemployed youths in the State will indeed have recuperation and succour from this benevolence there from also extricates themselves from idleness, which is the devils theatre. Provision of jobs to the youths would help to check youth restiveness. MASSOB, Militancy, NARTO, Pipe-line vandalization, NURTW, RTEAN, Okada Riding, Prostitution, Armed robbery etc are all bye-products of idleness and frustration. Indeed a man who plans to plant corn or banana should endeavour to make peace with the monkeys.
Mr. Ezennaya writes for the World Igbo Times Magazine, London.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yeske2:
Ask them abeg not me
they are not paying for the laptops . The government wants school results to be computerized henceforth
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Tex42(m): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
investnow2013:
There are many of them only that I cannot provide their names at the moment.There are some arround Aguleri, Omasi, Umueje, Igbariam,Achalla, Adazi etc. You know our people just don't like publicity!
I'm from Achalla, though there are many... But I know two cattle farm owners, one is even an inlaw of my 'umu nna'. They are doing very well with their large flock(sheeps, goats, cows).

Rep Achalla!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 9:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
I regard them as people who are suffering from the accumulated toxicity of the lagos ibadan mafian junk brown envelope journalism! Most of our people do not understand that fact, while we reduce our leaders like Ngozi okonjo even Dora Akuyili
yoruba media is hyping abike dabiri! She appears on every event, they project her to be elevated!

While we join them in castigating Aruma oteh n Ngozi, Adaeze.. etc
The only difference between we igbo and them(which is crude), is we emotionally protect our own, while they use newspapers tv and radio to protect their own (which is strategic) ..
If we have media today, they wouldn't be writing rubbish against our people.
I don't know why ndigbo do not want to invest in media!! I know that anything ndigbo go into they excel..
Let me give you an instance... Chris ubo came into lagos few years ago, I can tell you he has displaced all the mediocre radio stations in lagos! he started with Beat 99.9 now he has classic and 9ja fm... he is now competing with a Lebanese man, that owns cool fm wazobia and Niger info.. While yoruba owned like city fm, eko fm, etc are stunting..

I tell you, if igbos should invest in media today, sound city will go into oblivion! Hiptv will be faced out!!! The dying mitv and galaxy will fizzle out! Do not use Minaj to judge, because their problem is mismanagement, they can not even manage ordinary radio station let alone tv.
If we invest into media today tvc will run away! The punch and the nation will close! If an igbo man invest in telecommunication I'm giving him just five years! He will catch up with glo!!
We are blessed, and most of you that are banking on other people to patronise your goods and services ! That's ignorance!! Did you know that they do not buy or patronise anything that has igbo out look? How many yoruba! Hausa have you seen reading Daily sun? How many have you seen buy Ibeto cement? How many have you seen attend lord chosen? How many have you seen attend trem? How many have you seen invest in fidelity, diamond zenith etc.. you will be surprised to see all these things but I tell igbo people buy what they produce!! That is fact!! All the bread produced in onitsha are being consumed by igbos, we consume ibeto cement. Most of them buy aba made ignorantly, They only buy thing you have monopoly in, things like motor parts, building materials, shoes.etc! They are happy that wallmart is coming to nigeria, because our people we be out of business! I can go on and on!! If you produce in east! You will have more patronage. Go to any provision shop in the east, 80percent of the goods are from lagos ogun state, we are not into consuming goods like biscuits, sweet. They even import yale I regard them as people who are suffering from the accumulated toxicity of the lagos ibadan mafian junk brown envelope journalism! Most of our people do not understand that fact, while we reduce our leaders like Ngozi okonjo even Dora Akuyili
yoruba media is hyping abike dabiri! She appears on every event, they project her to be elevated!

While we join them in castigating Aruma oteh n Ngozi, Adaeze.. etc
The only difference between we igbo and them(which is crude), is we emotionally protect our own, while they use newspapers tv and radio to protect their own (which is strategic) ..
If we have media today, they wouldn't be writing rubbish against our people.
I don't know why ndigbo do not want to invest in media!! I know that anything ndigbo go into they excel..
Let me give you an instance... Chris ubo came into lagos few years ago, I can tell you he has displaced all the mediocre radio stations in lagos! he started with Beat 99.9 now he has classic and 9ja fm... he is now competing with a Lebanese man, that owns cool fm wazobia and Niger info.. While yoruba owned like city fm, eko fm, etc are stunting..

I tell you, if igbos should invest in media today, sound city will go into oblivion! Hiptv will be faced out!!! The dying mitv and galaxy will fizzle out! Do not use Minaj to judge, because their problem is mismanagement, they can not even manage ordinary radio station let alone tv.
If we invest into media today tvc will run away! The punch and the nation will close! If an igbo man invest in telecommunication I'm giving him just five years! He will catch up with glo!!
We are blessed, and most of you that are banking on other people to patronise your goods and services ! That's ignorance!! Did you know that they do not buy or patronise anything that has igbo out look? How many yoruba! Hausa have you seen reading Daily sun? How many have you seen buy Ibeto cement? How many have you seen attend lord chosen? How many have you seen attend trem? How many have you seen invest in fidelity, diamond zenith etc.. you will be surprised to see all these things but I tell igbo people buy what they produce!! That is fact!! All the bread produced in onitsha . They even import yale bread from ibadan!!!
I know we have what it takes to make things work! We get whatever we want if we work for it..i don't know why anyone would under rate east!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
Anambra People Must Invest in Mass Media especially TVs & Radio Stations!. It Must be sited in Onitsha!. I expect People like Sir Cletus Ibeto, Dr ABC Ojiakor, Artur Eze, Sir Cosmas Maduka,Dr Annie Okonkwo, Ifeanyi Uba, Chief Ezeemo etc!. If We Have in Anambra State TVs & Radio Stations Like=> Ibeto Tv & Radio Nnewi, Coscharis TV & Radio Onitsha, Uba TV Awka, Ezeemo Tv or Orient Tv Awka etc! Do You think LagosIbadan Press will be able to publish nonsense again?..... Think of the great impact it will make to Our cities of Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi, Otuocha, Ekwulobia & Ihiala?.... Our businesses will be greatly impacted positively?. Invest in Mass Media Oh! My People!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
Cletus Ibeto is a Person I respect & Who can do this if he is encouraged!. Ibeto TV is a Must!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 11:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
investnow2013:
Anambra People Must Invest in Mass Media especially TVs & Radio Stations!. It Must be sited in Onitsha!. I expect People like Sir Cletus Ibeto, Dr ABC Ojiakor, Artur Eze, Sir Cosmas Maduka,Dr Annie Okonkwo, Ifeanyi Uba, Chief Ezeemo etc!. If We Have in Anambra State TVs & Radio Stations Like=> Ibeto Tv & Radio Nnewi, Coscharis TV & Radio Onitsha, Uba TV Awka, Ezeemo Tv or Orient Tv Awka etc! Do You think LagosIbadan Press will be able to publish nonsense again?..... Think of the great impact it will make to Our cities of Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi, Otuocha, Ekwulobia & Ihiala?.... Our businesses will be greatly impacted positively?. Invest in Mass Media Oh! My People!!!!!

my brother follow me to shout ooh,Not that it requires too much money! I know 150million can set up a Tv station!! I'm tired of talking about this, but I will continue until I see a TV station established in the east!!! most of our politicians are very short slighted. they are seasonal politician, they come inot the state with noise during the election...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.