Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1225501 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Darlduchi: 6:33am On Oct 18, 2015
Have you seeing Aljazeera interview of Buhari, in which he was quoted and asked if he has changed his stance on total islamisation of Nigeria?
Have you seeing the latest armo purchased and currently paraded by Boko haram?
Have you listen to Pastor Bosun testimony on the agenda to promote sunni wahabi's version of Islam all through Nigeria?
Have wonder why Okorocha is planted in Imo state doing all he is doing in the interest of the North.
You really think you can fight this war in your Anambra trade, or you are one of the fickle minded who see it as impossible to islamise Nigeria,

If you have such a Jihad as a president, who has not hidden his support for terrorism, and will not deny his statement on a total islamisation, well i tell you you and your likes are in a serious situation and some of you can not be saved

Some times i wish that Radio Biafra will stop standing up to the enemy, let us see how long their individuality will save them. I don't know why they care.

Yeske2:
^^^^^^

So what do we do about that? Delete that post abeg, this is Anambra state thread.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 6:48am On Oct 18, 2015
^^^^^^

Please there are other threads dealing with that case already, go there and join other discussants.
Keep this thread clean.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 7:00am On Oct 18, 2015
The governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano showed why he is a leader to watch with a riveting performance at the Governors Session of the on-going Nigerian Economic Summit, drawing intermittent applause and positive comments from a cross section of the audience who were unanimous in adjudging him the star performer of the session.

Governor Obiano won the audience over with a masterful account of his strategic approach to governance, showing a clearly defined model of development that explores the human and material endowments of the state in a comprehensive, verifiable and sustainable manner. The governor’s deft application of private sector best practices that emphasize the imperatives of clearly distilled Vision and Mission Statements in the achievement of group and organizational goals as well as his exploits in securing the lives and property of Ndi Anambra stood him out at the summit as a leader of note.

A thunderous applause resounded through the hall when governor Obiano declared that Anambra was the safest state in Nigeria following his administration’s crackdown on all manner of criminal elements in the state in the past eighteen months.

The governor’s narrative of his exploits in Agriculture, investment drive, education, infrastructural development and efforts at regional integration resonated with the audience who saw in his presentation the beginnings of a promising future for the people of Anambra State.

Obiano’s performance became even more outstanding when contrasted with the performance of some of his colleagues during the session whose performance seemed out of sync with the expected mood of such a serious economic gathering.

While his contemporaries exchanged mundame banters and poked fun at each other in a manner that betrayed a lack of understanding of the serious nature of the event, Obiano spent the time allotted to him offering deep insights into the economic blueprint of his administration and impressing prospective investors with his brilliant understanding of how a carefully thought out partnership between the government and the private sector can work for the general good of society.

Prominent private sector figures who attended the session were unanimous in their observation that governor Obiano has successfully transferred some best private sector philosophies of governance to the public sector, leaving some remarkable footprints and a trail of excellence.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by MduZA: 7:41am On Oct 18, 2015
patrick89:
sorry if you feel insulted, but I can't just stand seeing you guys complain of ill treatment from white! It's painful.

apartheid is history,we live side by side with white people...deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:34am On Oct 18, 2015
Season of Accountability in Anambra

18 Oct 2015

Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has started accounting for his stewardship. At a recent stakeholders’ meeting, he announced that the state has garnered over $2.4 billion foreign investment within the past 18 months he has been in office, just as he outlined his lofty dreams for the progress of the state, writes Emeka Osondu

Every form of democratic governance entails popular participation of the people so as to ensure prudence and accountability. That is why every viable leadership seeks for ways to interact with its stakeholders, to reflect on how it has used its mandate to generate more impetus from the people in order to sustain social and economic growth.
This is what took place at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, Awka South Council area of the state on September 26, 2015 where Governor Obiano announced before a teaming crowd of personalities that Anambra has raked in over $2.4 billion within the past 18 months he has been in office as governor.

Obiano further used the occasion to restate his desire to build a socially stable, business- friendly environment that would attract both indigenes and foreigners to seek wealth- creating opportunities. He noted that he “inherited a state, which was unsure of itself and lived in fear of kidnappers, violent crimes and child-trafficking,” which he said ordinarily chased away foreign investors and hindered economic growth.

Prior to Obiano’s assumption of office, the crime wave in the state was high and unmanageable, especially in the commercial centres. But Obiano, realising the importance of security in the growth of every economy, came all out in challenge of the onslaught by fortifying the security agencies to meet with the challenges.

Today, the case is different as the crime wave in the state has been drastically reduced and brought under control. No wonder the confidence so far expressed by both foreign and local investors in the state by their massive investments because of the enabling environment created by the government.

Obiano said the feat was attributed to the glory of Almighty God and the audacity of our collective hopes that our waves of collective attacks on the men of the underworld were enough to sweep out crime and criminality from Anambra State.

Obiano stated that over the period in review, agriculture sector in the state has netted investments worth over $660 million, while trade and commerce attracted $350 million, even as the state industrial sector boasts of over $140 million. He further said the oil sector boasts of over one billion barrels and 30 million cubit feet of oil and gas, which will be fully developed by 2018.

He equally hinted that the state targets the top-three position nationwide with sustained push to become a major hub of industrial activities with the wholesale shopping complex in Ogbunike in Oyi Local Government Area of the state as well as the on-going shopping mall construction in the state capital, Awka.

The governor, who decried the precarious economic situation in the country due to the dwindled oil revenue, said the state had instilled measures to improve its internally generated revenue to reduce over-dependence on the Federation Account as a major source of income.

He explained that the reason for Anambra state being able to pay as well as increase the salaries of workers at a time when many other states are looking for bailouts was the ability of his government to forecast economic trends and embark on an aggressive revenue drive through a robust development of new technology and information, whereby the new mantra of his administration ever since has been “doing much with less.”

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2015
Obiano is really a man of the people, i hope he continues at this pace till the end of his term or second term.
@Investnow, any idea on our monthly IGR?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 9:03am On Oct 18, 2015
Igbos have been in the news this past week for both the good reasons and the bad reasons.

It is unfortunate that the bad reasons are more popular than the good reasons. I am just tired about the way we carry ourselves outside without strong personality inbuilt in us.

I am really disappointed at the way we engage in petty arguments with people who in the next few years will beg to be our friends. We engage in insults, cursing and other low-moral conversation with other tribes.

We should be the ones who will always think and find ways to solve our problems. We all know our history and we know where we come from. We know our genetic makeup. We know what we stand for and we know the direction where we should be headed.

Igbos wants to be in the news. Yes, you can see yourselves in the news. Are you happy now? All the tabloids are carrying you in the news. For what reason? The wrong reasons.

It is your kids that are making you proud while you adults are insulting yourselves online. Take alittle time and think for once who you really are.

Eri who had walked thousand of miles to this very place didn't walk here to argue with people. He walked to settle and make his life worthwhile. But we spend most of our times formenting trouble and looking for collaborators so that we can feel good and nice with ourselves.

Have you taken time and look at our present situation in the east? Have u thought of our present situation in the country? Do you think if you run now, you will get everything? Why run like cowards when you can fight like men? Why fight like unintelligent men you can fight intelligently. Why dominate in crude ways when you can dominate totally?

The way we are going, even the silliest countries will not recognise us because with the high amount of intelligence, we still take stupid actions. We always act with impulse. We act as if something is really biting us inside.

We have job to do in the east. Look at your brother's face and see who you really care about. Not more than the next 70years, you all will probably die and leave this world for your kids. But you might have ended up destroying for them and they won't see anything to do with the world.

Igbos have a good chance in succeeding in this planet and make the whole continent stand still. But we make silly comments and decisions which doesn't make us grow but sends us back to stone-age.

I don't believe Nigeria can help us. I don't believe the president is our saviour. I don't believe senators can relay our problems to the right authorities. I don't believe in our ministers. I don't even believe in our governors.

The people is believe in is us, the common people who reason with our heads and make the right strategies and decisions.

Our kids will curse us if we do nothing about the present economic state of the east. They will disrespect us when we grow old. When they will be insulted outside, they will come home and rain insults on us and our parents. Because we're not good parents.

Let's come together, no matter how small you can donate. Either by action, motives, strategy or otherwise, we should stop the Lagos and Nigeria dependency and work for our own economic self-reliance. This is the future and that's what we should be chasing.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 9:47am On Oct 18, 2015
This pix currently trending on a Russian site. Don't know what they are saying but I see Arrest,Kidnap Christain and Islamist etc

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:01am On Oct 18, 2015
Yeske2:
Obiano is really a man of the people, i hope he continues at this pace till the end of his term or second term.
@Investnow, any idea on our monthly IGR?
He said the target is 3billion monthly,but for me,I thought they must have passed that target by now!.Anambra State should be declaring by now at least 5 billion monthly!.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 10:06am On Oct 18, 2015
Cuche:

Peter Obi allow Obiano to work you littered the State with uncompleted projects. I thought we have challenged your claim of leaving behind 75 billion naira when you didn't tell us the liabilities you left with it.
As for the shopping plazas, the Hotels and flyovers you initiated under circumstances that undermine the morality you claim to uphold. Can you tell us why you chose to collect so much as kickback while retaining the same as your share for the eventual owners for the Hotels/Plazas

Mr Obi can you explain to us why this administration had so much headache revising and reviewing those contracts
Am not Peter Obi. I only re-posted what some people noted. And on a serious note, I was Peter Obi's worst critic but it seems that there are convincing points to be noted in that observations to make me shift ground. I have the opportunity of being with the Speaker of the state and she was crying that there are no funds to pay lecturers of ANSU. I was wondering why such despite the fact that the university admits up to 2000 students yearly and who pay nothing less than 100000 naira, coupled with old students' fees and subventions from the state government yet lecturers are owed. The university constantly fail accreditation of most department. Are we to blame Obi now? The governor has to start making things working; he has been trying but he has to up his game especially in human development - Education and Employment. Today, we are enjoying all the first positions in our primary and secondary levels because of what Obi did there. Obiano should take up ANSU to the next level so that university can compete with other universities and Obiano could make his own mark in education too. Not just ANSU but also Nwafor Orizu Nsugbe and College of Agriculture, Mgbaukwu. For employment, he can make a mark there more than Peter Obi, if he wants. Of all the governors of Anambra state, the only two governors that have made quality impact on ndi Anambra are Ngige and Obi. Obiano could be included if he wants.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 10:25am On Oct 18, 2015
Mopolchi:
Am not Peter Obi. I only re-posted what some people noted. And on a serious note, I was Peter Obi's worst critic but it seems that there are convincing points to be noted in that observations to make me shift ground. I have the opportunity of being with the Speaker of the state and she was crying that there are no funds to pay lecturers of ANSU. I was wondering why such despite the fact that the university admits up to 2000 students yearly and who pay nothing less than 100000 naira, coupled with old students' fees and subventions from the state government yet lecturers are owed. The university constantly fail accreditation of most department. Are we to blame Obi now? The governor has to start making things working; he has been trying but he has to up his game especially in human development - Education and Employment. Today, we are enjoying all the first positions in our primary and secondary levels because of what Obi did there. Obiano should take up ANSU to the next level so that university can compete with other universities and Obiano could make his own mark in education too. Not just ANSU but also Nwafor Orizu Nsugbe and College of Agriculture, Mgbaukwu. For employment, he can make a mark there more than Peter Obi, if he wants. Of all the governors of Anambra state, the only two governors that have made quality impact on ndi Anambra are Ngige and Obi. Obiano could be included if he wants.
You've made valid points which are worth looking into. As far as criticisms are constructive they are always welcomed. What i hate is the present image laundering campaign by the secrete media aides of obi and obiano on social media. They should stop disgracing Anambra by spewing trash online.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 10:48am On Oct 18, 2015
Zonacom:

You've made valid points which are worth looking into. As far as criticisms are constructive they are always welcomed. What i hate is the present image laundering campaign by the secrete media aides of obi and obiano on social media. They should stop disgracing Anambra by spewing trash online.
I believe everyone of them wants to be revered by Anambrarians. Ngige did it to Obi and now Obi is doing the same thing to Obiano. Up till today, Ngige is claiming that he was the one that built all the roads in Anambra even those ones Obi did. Now Obi is claiming that he left 75 billion that Obiano is enjoying now. I bet you when Obiano leaves he will find something to claim of the next administration. All this is being spurred by man's ego to remain relevant especially if he still want political gains tomorrow. Ngige is a case study. From medical practitioner to governor to senator and now to minister. Maybe Peter Obi wants the same progression and as such, he is attacking Obiano. Their media aides are being paid and to continue earning you must be a firebrand. I wonder if the conflict will end in no near time, knowing who Valentine Obienyem, Obi's aide, is and the aim of PDP to get the governorship spot again with Obi in its fold now. I do not think that we have seen the last of washing of Anambra's linens in the public.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
investnow2013:
He said the target is 3billion monthly,but for me,I thought they must have passed that target by now!.Anambra State should be declaring by now at least 5 billion monthly!.
I hope so too because the level of economic activities around should've put Anambra's IGR close to that of Lagos.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
Notice how the yorubas (PDP and APC yoruba supporters) spoke in unity against the Fulani kidnappers and Eze ndi igbo thing. I bet if it were in Igboland some "Igbos" mostly the APC supporter will somewhow find a way to blame it on their fellow Igbos and spread the propaganda around.

Here is one thing am certain is possible: No one would would say a word if HausaFulani decide today secede from Nigeria. Thesame yoruba bashing you for wanting Biafra will say or do nothing. Thesame Igbo APC bashing you for supporting Nnamdi Kalu will tell you it's within their right to ask for Arewa republic. It will spread like wild fire all over the North,minority Northerners who against the movement will keep silent and hope it doesn't end badly,in the end we will all go our seperate ways without noise.

Keep fighting for One Nigeria while they continue killing and disgarcing you left,Right and center

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
@Bishop42, you are very right my dear. I have & will never be against the Biafran movement.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
@Investnow, better come tell some riff-raffs to take their agitation elsewhere, we have far too many threads discussing their issue.

Keep Anambra state thread clean.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Tkester: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
nwanlecha:
@Bishop42, you are very right my dear. I have & will never be against the Biafran movement.

Thus is the reason I support Nnamdi Kanu with the last drop of my blood. The guy is giving the ibos a voice and recognition. At least now we are coming together with a definite project, I hope we will succeed.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tkester:

Thus is the reason I support Nnamdi Kanu with the last drop of my blood. The guy is giving the ibos a voice and recognition. At least now we are coming together with a definite project, I hope we will succeed.

We will bro
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
Oh, we will definitely succeed, except there is no God of justice, and I know He lives.
Tkester:

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
@Investnow, where art thou? Some miscreants are trying to ruin our beautiful thread.

Modified....

I can sight @Investnow but you're saying nothing okwa ya?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tkester:

Nnamdi Kanu is a psychopath, a tribal bigot. He hates the Hausas and Yorubas. He doesn't know anything about international diplomacy. He insults the west, he denigrates the Catholic church. He took a swipe at the Igbo cultural beliefs and appraises his Jewish God Chukwu abiama. He insults Igbo leaders at will. He calls MASSOB traitors. He preaches hates into the psyche of the ever diplomatic and business minded Igbo youths. Here is a man with an intention to give our enemies room to carryout a progrom against our people. A daft illiterate who hasn't learnt a thing from the Biafran war and fails to understand the meaning of freedom fighting. Having a sovereign Biafra is a welcome idea but following sheepishly the path of Psychopath Kanu is disaster in waiting. Let us make use of our head and not our emotions in fighting for what rightly belong to us as a people. We are a majority ethnic group and a people of over 50 million in population, allowing a Kanu to destroy our psyche is foolishness of the highest order. Kanu's aim as well as his paymasters is to destroy what we've toiled to achieve as a people since the civil war.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
Please Umunnam let's keep this thread sacred by not bringing anything except about people of or things happening in our Omanbala!. Investors from Anambra State & outside The State are very much interested in this special Thread created by our brother Frankie which is dedicated to Anambra State & it's people!.A Word is enough for the Wise! Udo dili unu.....

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
VickJames:
Igbos have been in the news this past week for both the good reasons and the bad reasons.

It is unfortunate that the bad reasons are more popular than the good reasons. I am just tired about the way we carry ourselves outside without strong personality inbuilt in us.

I am really disappointed at the way we engage in petty arguments with people who in the next few years will beg to be our friends. We engage in insults, cursing and other low-moral conversation with other tribes.

We should be the ones who will always think and find ways to solve our problems. We all know our history and we know where we come from. We know our genetic makeup. We know what we stand for and we know the direction where we should be headed.

Igbos wants to be in the news. Yes, you can see yourselves in the news. Are you happy now? All the tabloids are carrying you in the news. For what reason? The wrong reasons.

It is your kids that are making you proud while you adults are insulting yourselves online. Take alittle time and think for once who you really are.

Eri who had walked thousand of miles to this very place didn't walk here to argue with people. He walked to settle and make his life worthwhile. But we spend most of our times formenting trouble and looking for collaborators so that we can feel good and nice with ourselves.

Have you taken time and look at our present situation in the east? Have u thought of our present situation in the country? Do you think if you run now, you will get everything? Why run like cowards when you can fight like men? Why fight like unintelligent men you can fight intelligently. Why dominate in crude ways when you can dominate totally?

The way we are going, even the silliest countries will not recognise us because with the high amount of intelligence, we still take stupid actions. We always act with impulse. We act as if something is really biting us inside.

We have job to do in the east. Look at your brother's face and see who you really care about. Not more than the next 70years, you all will probably die and leave this world for your kids. But you might have ended up destroying for them and they won't see anything to do with the world.

Igbos have a good chance in succeeding in this planet and make the whole continent stand still. But we make silly comments and decisions which doesn't make us grow but sends us back to stone-age.

I don't believe Nigeria can help us. I don't believe the president is our saviour. I don't believe senators can relay our problems to the right authorities. I don't believe in our ministers. I don't even believe in our governors.

The people is believe in is us, the common people who reason with our heads and make the right strategies and decisions.

Our kids will curse us if we do nothing about the present economic state of the east. They will disrespect us when we grow old. When they will be insulted outside, they will come home and rain insults on us and our parents. Because we're not good parents.

Let's come together, no matter how small you can donate. Either by action, motives, strategy or otherwise, we should stop the Lagos and Nigeria dependency and work for our own economic self-reliance. This is the future and that's what we should be chasing.

Bishop42:
Notice how the yorubas (PDP and APC yoruba supporters) spoke in unity against the Fulani kidnappers and Eze ndi igbo thing. I bet if it were in Igboland some "Igbos" mostly the APC supporter will somewhow find a way to blame it on their fellow Igbos and spread the propaganda around.
Here is one thing am certain is possible: No one would would say a word if HausaFulani decide today secede from Nigeria. Thesame yoruba bashing you for wanting Biafra will say or do nothing. Thesame Igbo APC bashing you for supporting Nnamdi Kalu will tell you it's within their right to ask for Arewa republic. It will spread like wild fire all over the North,minority Northerners who against the movement will keep silent and hope it doesn't end badly,in the end we will all go our seperate ways without noise.
Keep fighting for One Nigeria while they continue killing and disgarcing you left,Right and center

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
investnow2013:
Please Umunnam let's keep this thread sacred by not bringing anything except about people of or things happening in our Omanbala!. Investors from Anambra State & outside The State are very much interested in this special Thread created by our brother Frankie which is dedicated to Anambra State & it's people!.A Word is enough for the Wise! Udo dili unu.....
Seems to me you're bigoted, why was it that you brought this rebuttal after @Chiwude's submission despite calling your attention several times to these silly miscreants' rants?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
How do you want to see Anambra State economically in the next 4 to 5 years & How can it be achieved?.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
Yeske2:
Seems to me you're bigoted, why was it that you brought this rebuttal after @Chiwude's submission despite calling your attention several times to these silly miscreants' rants?
Don't be surprise when they label me APC. This is why I don't visit this thread.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
asha80:

I don't get.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
Mopolchi:
[s]Am not Peter Obi. I only re-posted what some people noted. And on a serious note, I was Peter Obi's worst critic but it seems that there are convincing points to be noted in that observations to make me shift ground. I have the opportunity of being with the Speaker of the state and she was crying that there are no funds to pay lecturers of ANSU. I was wondering why such despite the fact that the university admits up to 2000 students yearly and who pay nothing less than 100000 naira, coupled with old students' fees and subventions from the state government yet lecturers are owed. The university constantly fail accreditation of most department. Are we to blame Obi now? The governor has to start making things working; he has been trying but he has to up his game especially in human development - Education and Employment. Today, we are enjoying all the first positions in our primary and secondary levels because of what Obi did there. Obiano should take up ANSU to the next level so that university can compete with other universities and Obiano could make his own mark in education too. Not just ANSU but also Nwafor Orizu Nsugbe and College of Agriculture, Mgbaukwu. For employment, he can make a mark there more than Peter Obi, if he wants. Of all the governors of Anambra state, the only two governors that have made quality impact on ndi Anambra are Ngige and Obi. Obiano could be included if he wants[/s].

Unless you work for peter obi social media team, I dont know why you could post that nonsense to this thread. In case you are not aware, there is facebook page by the peter obi team where they dish all sorts of nonsense about obiano after he refused to allow the thief peter obi to be his godfather. It was from that page that this article was copied from. Obiano is trying to correct the several fraud perpetrated by peter obi for 8 years and I know it is not an easy task, especially when this same man almost bought the media over portraying himself as a saint.

Talking about ANSU, are you aware ANSU went on nearly 3 years strike during peter obi's tenure and yet there was no noise about it, this same ANSU has not considered any strike action since obiano took over and yet you want to allow rumors sway your opinion. Or was it obi that placed embargo on employment?

Obi is touted for doing this and that in education but he left ANSU in shambles, the first positions Anambra people are taking now in national competitions started happening after teachers salaries were raised by Obiano and paid as at when due which is a great incentive.. As far as I'm concerned the only good governor Anambra has produced was Ngige and I dare say that obiano has out perfomed all previous Anambra governors already!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Mopolchi:
Saw this and decided to bring it here. Though long, its revealing and convincing:

CHIEF WILLIE OBIANO THINKS GOVERNANCE IS
419: SEE THIS
Did you see the publications on Chief Willie
Obiano who turned 60 on the 8th. Did you see
the one on page 63 of today’s Sun newspaper?
Over 95% of the information there are outright
falsehood. With 75 Billion left for him, he has the
capacity to do those things and even more, but
he has not done them.
It is a pity they are using Dr. Uju Nwogu, Prof.
Ken Nwogu’s wife to peddle these falsehoods.
One hopes Ken is fully aware of this. By the time
Willie Obiano ends, all those who worked with
him will lose their respect and regards by the
society.
I will state what they published as “As Published”
and present the true state of the information as
“The Truth”. At the end Anambra people will
determine who has spoken the truth.
As Published: Obiano is a man of the people and
beacon of light
The Truth: Obiano truly leading Anambra State to
darkness.
As Published: He is the most innovative
Governor Anambra people have elected
The Truth: His EXCO members will tell you that
he never initiates any project. He merely
depends on his EXCO members to do so.
Completely devoid of ideas. How can anybody
who saw him during Governorship debate ever
say he is innovative? In the debate at the USA,
Ifeanyi Ubah floored him as he could not even
express himself.
As Published: He has reformed the Image of
Anambra State
The Truth: Anambra going through one of its
worst times. We now have a Governor who, after
drinking normally gets drunk, touches the waist
of opposite sex in drunken state, dresses in a
manner not fitting a Governor, Moves with very
long convoy, his wife constitutes nuisance and
once slapped the wife of the Deputy Governor as
well as attacked Hon. Uche Ekwunife in Poland.
Obiano is attached to one of his aides who
arrange women for him. Wher is the honour?
As Published: Flushed kidnappers
The truth: Just lucky that he came at a time
kidnapping reduced. No state in the East is
notorious for kidnapping now or did he also did it
in those others States. Over-bloated claim.
Meanwhile, he takes 1 Billion Naira every month
as security votes as against his predecessor that
took 250 Million Naira
As Published: He excelled greatly as a banker
The Fact: ask his colleagues at Fidelity bank and
they will tell you that he was the most useless of
men, always after anything in skirts.
As Published: There is re-bound of Anambra
economy, growing at 14% with improved receipt
of 300%
The Fact: Talking rubbish. Growth in which
specific sector?
As Published: He has not abandoned projects
started by his predecessor
The Fact: He has abandoned all the projects in
the State. I will present Obi’s projects abandoned
as annex 1 at the end
As Published: he celebrated dead Biafran
Soldiers
The Truth: Why? Ohaneze already done so
As Published: He flagged off the construction of
$350 Million Wholesale Shopping complex in
Ogbunike
The Fact: Nothing done yet. Purely private
initiative conceived long before him
As Published: Increased IGR fron N500 Million to
1.2 billion
The Truth: While not tell us that taxes where
increased by over 400% in Anambra State. Going
by this, should be generating more than that. But
know it that he is killing businesses in the State
through over-taxation.
As Published: Increased the pace of work at
Onitsha shopping Mall
The Truth: Anambra owns 25% of that Mall.
Anambra obligation fully met by Obi. Anambra
not contributing 1 kobo to that project under him.
Look at the hotel close to it where the State has
a stake, rather than complete it, he sold it to his
front: Cardinal Developers
As Published: Doing well in Oil and Gas
The truth: Just deceiving himself. What can he
as a Governor do in oil and gas except investing
in Orient, which he has not done.
As Published: Under his administration, Anambra
State was listed among the State that did proper
documentation and distribution of CBN funds
The Truth: call the former Accountant General of
Anambra State and she would tell you that the
process was completed under Peter Obi
As Published: Under his administration, Anambra
made the best in Waec result in 2014/2015
session
The Truth: Who does not know we are enjoying
what Obi did, especially return of schools to the
Church. We hope he sustains that
As Published: He has made Anambra first choice
investment destination
The Truth; Tell us the investors that have come
to the State under him. Liar!
As Published; Massive investment of Agriculture
The truth: Nothing happening. Even Macmoritz
working on the road to coscharis farm (Acquired
under Obi), left because he was not paid
mobilisation
As Published: Transformed Onitsha into trade
centre
The Truth: beside what Obi did in Onitsha-
Building two Business villages, rebuilding the
roads, building stadia, rebuilding the headbridge
Upper-Iweka road and giving money to Osha
people to beautify Ziks Round about, name one
thing Obiano has done in Osha
As Published: Established ACTDA to transform
Awka
The truth: has not released 1 kobo to the body
As Published: Work reached advance stage at
the Interbnational Market, Oba
The Truth: Wholly private initiative
As Publsihed: Involve women in Government
The truth: Less women in government now than
previously
As Published: Provided buses for civil servants
The Truth: He got this right. We commend him
As Published: paid salaries as when due and
increased salary by 15 %
The truth: No more news. The only difference is
that he gets overdraft from bank monthly to pay
salaries. After paying the 15% increase, he
deducted it gradually every month back to the
old salary. Civil servants can attest to this
As Published: Created Ocha Brigade
The truth: 80% of them from Agulueri
As Published: Flagged off 30 new roads.
The truth: But he said Obi awarded all the road
before leaving office. Do you see the lies? I can
go on and provide the roads to show we did our
research well (See Annex 2 ) Published: Provided
50 Trafffic Control post
The truth: structures of about 150,000,000 per
one supplied by his wife’s people at N5,000,000 .
5x50 (250,000,000) is per one
As Published: Provided brand new Vehicles for
directors
The truth: said he will do so, but has not done
so. Why lie??
As Published: Gave each Civil servant a bag of
rice
The Truth: Insult to civil servants. He used them
for business. The rice landed at 18,000 per bag.
Bazaar!
As Published; Attracted close to 3 Billion Dollars
The Truth: Gets anybody to sign MoU with
Anambra State. They will pledge they will invest
a given amount in Anambra. Even when none of
them has invested 1 dollar, obiano goes on
saying he attracted billions. Shameful!
As Published: Provided new Toyota serena for all
the departments at Chukwumeka Odumegwu-
Ojukwu University
The truth: Not true. Call university and find out.
He is owing the lecturers salary and they are
planning to go on strike. He is also owing
pension.
As Published: Introduced Anambra Heritage
festival to provide entertainment to Anambra
people in xmas time
The Truth: What is the meaning of this? So much
foolish endeavours through which our money is
stolen
As Published: Reinvented ABS
The truth: To act films on people or what?
As Published: Increased production at Orient
Petroleum
The Truth: How did he do it? Under Peter Obi,
Anambra State invested 4 Billion in orient, under
him, nothing yet. How did he do it? Did he buy
new oil rig for them?
As Published: Renovated 862 Units of 10
classrooms across the State and disbursed N733
Million to mission school
The Truth: renovation done under Obi and the
733 Cheques were issued by Obi and stopped by
him, but he later allowed it. So what did he do?
As Published: Zero Tolerance for potholes
The truth: No money even to work on potholes.
No contractor working in Anambra. All of them
owed 9 See their comments in Annex 3)
As Published: Improved environmental
cleanliness
The Truth: Lies. Who has been to Osha recently?
Did you see mountains of refuse at every corner?
As Published: Distributed 220 laptops to private
schools
The Truth: Lies! The same man forcing teachers
to buy laptops at double the prices. Let them
name five private schools that benefitted
As Published: Ensures routine Immunisation
The Truth: owing the last set of three
immunisation exercises in the State
As Published: Distribution of treated mosquito
nets
The Truth: The ones bought under Obi
As Published: Clean and secured Upper -Iweka
The Truth: Obi did Upper_Iweka 100%
As Published: Transformation of tourist sites in
the State
The truth; abandoned the only tourist site under
development - Agulu lake Hotel. Which other one
did he transform and how?
As Published; Improved Electricity
The truth: How? Yet to buy one transformer, even
when Obi bought over 1000

ANAMBRA IN REAL TROUBLE
Please don't make this kind of post here again unless you are a hater just like the foolish sycophant who wrote the rubbish which you copied and pasted here. The fool who made that write-ups has no good intention for ndi Anambra. He thought he could deceive people with his false, unpatriotic and unfounded write-ups. He may deceive our brothers abroad but not those of us in the state because we monitor closely all happenings in Anambra especially from the corridors of power. What he has written is totally false and contrary to what we have on ground. It's very pathetic when you like Obi and hate Obiano because the two have been best of friends even before you first heard of them. Best friends quarrel some times, theirs is no exception. When they'll settle, trust me, you won't even know.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
VickJames:

I don't get.
that your message if for that type of guy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
Chiwude:
[s]Nnamdi Kanu is a psychopath, a tribal bigot. He hates the Hausas and Yorubas. He doesn't know anything about international diplomacy. He insults the west, he denigrates the Catholic church. He took a swipe at the Igbo cultural beliefs and appraises his Jewish God Chukwu abiama. He insults Igbo leaders at will. He calls MASSOB traitors. He preaches hates into the psyche of the ever diplomatic and business minded Igbo youths. Here is a man with an intention to give our enemies room to carryout a progrom against our people. A daft illiterate who hasn't learnt a thing from the Biafran war and fails to understand the meaning of freedom fighting. Having a sovereign Biafra is a welcome idea but following sheepishly the path of Psychopath Kanu is disaster in waiting. Let us make use of our head and not our emotions in fighting for what rightly belong to us as a people. We are a majority ethnic group and a people of over 50 million in population, allowing a Kanu to destroy our psyche is foolishness of the highest order. Kanu's aim as well as his paymasters is to destroy what we've toiled to achieve as a people since the civil war.[/s]
Nnamdi Kanu is our answer to yoruba treachery and Hausa born to rule mindset against others. Kwankwaso, BBC Hausa, El rufai, Junnaid Mohammed, Murtala Nyako, etc all make disparaging remarks about igbos, the yoruba obas all find a way to attack igbos, when have you or your likes even spoken aginst these people who even say worse than Kanu. Buhari became president by inciting violence and you are here talking your nonsense. The only language Nigeria understands is violence..

11 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nwanne, I agree with you totally..

enochnochi:
Please don't make this kind of post here again unless you are a hater just like the foolish sycophant who wrote the rubbish which you copied and pasted here. The fool who made that write-ups has no good intention for ndi Anambra. He thought he could deceive people with his false, unpatriotic and unfounded write-ups. He may deceive our brothers abroad but not those of us in the state because we monitor closely all happenings in Anambra especially from the coffers of power. What he has written is totally false and contrary to what we have on ground. It's very pathetic when you like Obi and hate Obiano because the two have been best of friends even before you first heard of them. Best friends quarrel some times, theirs is no exception. When they'll settle, trust me, you won't even know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.