Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1231137 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
Guys, the Obi/Obiano stuff shouldn't cause any division amongst us, both are great men we should all be proud of and not excluding Ngige. Let's honour our great statemen.

And as for those silly pro-Kanu propagandists still prowling around, let's meet elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Mopolchi:
Am not Peter Obi. I only re-posted what some people noted. And on a serious note, I was Peter Obi's worst critic but it seems that there are convincing points to be noted in that observations to make me shift ground. I have the opportunity of being with the Speaker of the state and she was crying that there are no funds to pay lecturers of ANSU. I was wondering why such despite the fact that the university admits up to 2000 students yearly and who pay nothing less than 100000 naira, coupled with old students' fees and subventions from the state government yet lecturers are owed. The university constantly fail accreditation of most department. Are we to blame Obi now? The governor has to start making things working; he has been trying but he has to up his game especially in human development - Education and Employment. Today, we are enjoying all the first positions in our primary and secondary levels because of what Obi did there. Obiano should take up ANSU to the next level so that university can compete with other universities and Obiano could make his own mark in education too. Not just ANSU but also Nwafor Orizu Nsugbe and College of Agriculture, Mgbaukwu. For employment, he can make a mark there more than Peter Obi, if he wants. Of all the governors of Anambra state, the only two governors that have made quality impact on ndi Anambra are Ngige and Obi. Obiano could be included if he wants.
Please why not allow Obiano to complete his tenure before you start your comparison. If you really want to compare, why not start from the guy who occupied the office from 1999-2003 to date. That's only when I'll join you to compare between good and bad governance.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
Chiwude:
Nnamdi Kanu is a psychopath, a tribal bigot. He hates the Hausas and Yorubas. He doesn't know anything about international diplomacy. He insults the west, he denigrates the Catholic church. He took a swipe at the Igbo cultural beliefs and appraises his Jewish God Chukwu abiama. He insults Igbo leaders at will. He calls MASSOB traitors. He preaches hates into the psyche of the ever diplomatic and business minded Igbo youths. Here is a man with an intention to give our enemies room to carryout a progrom against our people. A daft illiterate who hasn't learnt a thing from the Biafran war and fails to understand the meaning of freedom fighting. Having a sovereign Biafra is a welcome idea but following sheepishly the path of Psychopath Kanu is disaster in waiting. Let us make use of our head and not our emotions in fighting for what rightly belong to us as a people. We are a majority ethnic group and a people of over 50 million in population, allowing a Kanu to destroy our psyche is foolishness of the highest order. Kanu's aim as well as his paymasters is to destroy what we've toiled to achieve as a people since the civil war.

Yet you guys allowed a man who said worst things to be the leader of this country and is being defended day and Night by Northerners.

A great quote by Nnamdi:
"Any attempt by the hausa Fulani to remove
Nyesom Wike as the governor of Rivers State,Biafra
Army will revolt in the streets of
Portharcourt,Biafrans cannot afford to Loose
Rivers State To Dakuku Peterside who is a product
of the Zoo"

This is the kind of people we need in Igboland,Middlebelt and the South

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
Anambra State govt today at Adazi-Nnukwu's St Andrews Ground Anaocha Lga of Anambra State!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Unless you work for peter obi social media team, I dont know why you could post that nonsense to this thread. In case you are not aware, there is facebook page by the peter obi team where they dish all sorts of nonsense about obiano after he refused to allow the thief peter obi to be his godfather. It was from that page that this article was copied from. Obiano is trying to correct the several fraud perpetrated by peter obi for 8 years and I know it is not an easy task, especially when this same man almost bought the media over portraying himself as a saint.

Talking about ANSU, are you aware ANSU went on nearly 3 years strike during peter obi's tenure and yet there was no noise about it, this same ANSU has not considered any strike action since obiano took over and yet you want to allow rumors sway your opinion. Or was it obi that placed embargo on employment?

Obi is touted for doing this and that in education but he left ANSU in shambles, the first positions Anambra people are taking now in national competitions started happening after teachers salaries were raised by Obiano and paid as at when due which is a great incentive.. As far as I'm concerned the only good governor Anambra has produced was Ngige and I dare say that obiano has out perfomed all previous Anambra governors already!
Well, as I said, am not Peter Obi's fan I disagree with you on the conclusion that the first position by ndi Anambra is as a result of increment in teachers' salaries. Such result can't be instantaneous. Be it as it may, I support Obiano to achieve more than Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
Some Students of Lorreto Secondary School Adazi-Nnukwu(one of the best School in Nigeria) were there also to welcome the peoples Governor!.Umu Oma ndi Anambra ji etu onu dalunuoooo!!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
enochnochi:
Please why not allow Obiano to complete his tenure before you start your comparison. If you really want to compare, why not start from the guy who occupied the office from 1999-2003 to date. That's only when I'll join you to compare between good and bad governance.
Ok. I will wait.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Deltagiant: 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Nnamdi Kanu is our answer to yoruba treachery and Hausa born to rule mindset against others. Kwankwaso, BBC Hausa, El rufai, Junnaid Mohammed, Murtala Nyako, etc all make disparaging remarks about igbos, the yoruba obas all find a way to attack igbos, when have you or your likes even spoken aginst these people who even say worse than Kanu. Buhari became president by inciting violence and you are here talking your nonsense. The only language Nigeria understands is violence..

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Deltagiant: 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bishop42:

Yet you guys allowed a man who said worst things to be the leader of this country and is being defended by Northerners day and night...

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bishop42:

Yet you guys allowed a man who said worst things to be the leader of this country and is being defended by Northerners day and night.

A great quote by Nnamdi:
"Any attempt by the hausa Fulani to remove
Nyesom Wike as the governor of Rivers State,Biafra
Army will revolt in the streets of
Portharcourt,Biafrans cannot afford to Loose
Rivers State To Dakuku Peterside who is a product
of the Zoo"

this statement by kanu shows how funny and silly he thinks..maybe he should find out how his fellow Igbo bizmen and those that were constructing houses suffered when nyesom woke was lg chairman of obi akpor for 8 yrs..so pdp now is no longer product of the same zoo...useless threat

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
asha80:
this statement by kanu shows how funny and silly he thinks..maybe he should find out how his fellow Igbo bizmen and those that were constructing houses suffered when nyesom woke was lg chairman of obi akpor for 8 yrs..so pdp now is no longer product of the same zoo...useless threat

You know El rufai once called Buhari an illiterate economist, now why are the Hausafulani not stoning him to death today?

Mind you if I were a governor today no single illegal structure will be spared. I would rather die or resign than to allow people break the law.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CreampieAngela(f): 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bishop42:
I beg you in the name of chukwu abiama okike, leave the Middle Belt out of your Biafra bullsh!t. We have our own problems, dont add yours to ours. Dont drag us into your show of shame
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bishop42:

You know El rufai once called Buhari an illiterate economist, now why are the Hausafulani not stoning him to death today?

Mind you if I were a governor today no single illegal structure will be spared. I would rather die or resign than to allow people break the law.
who is talking about illegal structure?do you even know what I was alluding to? I am talking about brazing extortion of Igbo biz men building houses through things like 'bush entry' and the likes and active encouragement of nyesom woke then..do you know how much extortion that where going on then including those trucks and ' gwongoro' that Igbo biz own?ask any Igbo person you know that lived or lives in obi akpor to tell you what happened under wike

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
CreampieAngela:
I beg you in the name of chukwu abiama okike, leave the Middle Belt out of your Biafra bullsh!t. We have our own problems, dont add yours to ours. Dont drag us into your show of shame

No I will not, Igboland exist in Middle belt too. 2 Umu igbo are currently representing their communities in Benue House of Assembly.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
asha80:
who is talking about illegal structure?do you even know what I was alluding to? I am talking about brazing extortion of Igbo biz men building houses through things like 'bush entry' and the likes and active encouragement of nyesom woke then..do you know how much extortion that where going on then including those trucks and ' gwongoro' that Igbo biz own?ask any Igbo person you know that lived or lives in obi akpor to tell you what happened under wike
This problem is not exclusive to River Igbos. We do it here in Anambra and anywhere else , we call them tax collectors. Tax collectors are one of the most difficult people to deal with
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Tkester: 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
Chiwude:
Nnamdi Kanu is a psychopath, a tribal bigot. He hates the Hausas and Yorubas. He doesn't know anything about international diplomacy. He insults the west, he denigrates the Catholic church. He took a swipe at the Igbo cultural beliefs and appraises his Jewish God Chukwu abiama. He insults Igbo leaders at will. He calls MASSOB traitors. He preaches hates into the psyche of the ever diplomatic and business minded Igbo youths. Here is a man with an intention to give our enemies room to carryout a progrom against our people. A daft illiterate who hasn't learnt a thing from the Biafran war and fails to understand the meaning of freedom fighting. Having a sovereign Biafra is a welcome idea but following sheepishly the path of Psychopath Kanu is disaster in waiting. Let us make use of our head and not our emotions in fighting for what rightly belong to us as a people. We are a majority ethnic group and a people of over 50 million in population, allowing a Kanu to destroy our psyche is foolishness of the highest order. Kanu's aim as well as his paymasters is to destroy what we've toiled to achieve as a people since the civil war.

You made some salient points, and I'm proud of the fact that you recognize the Biafran struggle as a solemn call for freedom, which is something we all need to heed.

One thing I've noticed in my life (pardon me to say this) is that criticism is the easiest task on earth, and no matter how one tries or how good a product is, to criticize it will always come handy - if critics want to have their way. Many people have labelled Nnamdi Kanu a terrorists or somebody preaching hate, true they may be right, but I think they are wrong and Nnamdi is right.

Let us be a little logical here, if someone comes to your house breaks your dining set and beats up your younger brother, I'm sure you will not seat idly and watch the fellow go scot free... You and I know that whatever action you take there and then is covered in law, even if you go to the length of killing the fellow, after all there is the doctrine of self defence. If we look at he formation of Nigeria, we discover that Nigeria is not a country and is NEVER supposed to be one. I suppose you are Igbo, now tell me, what will a Fulani do if an Igbo man came to pillage his farm without his notice and tell me also what an Igbo man will do if his farm is being pillaged by a Fulani, I think the answer is looking us at the face, in short what will happen is that the Fulani will take to arms or violence and the Igbo man will seek for a truce or appeasement. How in the world should these two seperate ideologies be kept in the same confines. No wonder Nigeria has become a laughing stock.

Now having established the fact that both the Igbos, Hausas and the Yorubas are like oil, water and kerosine, that do not mix, we begin to find ways of calling out, you suggested we should go about it peacefully, and the question I want to ask is, has there been any form of violence from IPOB any where in the world? What did the likes of ohaneze and Your likes do when four young men were killed in Onitsha for no just cause, young boys who were going about sensitizing people on the need to ask for their freedom. Up till now nothing has been done about it. Isn't it obvious to you that Nigeria has the highest disregard for the rights of indigenous people, which is something that th UN recognizes?

You mentioned uwazuruike, and massob, and I want to ask what are there achievements? Was Massob ever recognized any where outside Nigeria? to even think that Massob will be fighting for freedom without seeking for help outside Nigeria is the greatest baloney of the century, how d you get freedom from your oppressors when no one is willing to help you? Yet in Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB we've more than 69 country representative world wide. We've a radio station that is broadcasting 24 hrs a day and now we've a TV station, just to make sure the radio station is on shortwave you need at least #2 mil every month, not to talk of other expenses.

Now to finish, I will let you know a grand strategy and why I stick to Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB. To get freedom in any third world country three things are paramount and they are 1) foreign backers: remember, but not for the British there won't be any Nigeria, you need either US, UK, Israel, Germany, Russia, France and or China. In all these countries I've listed only the U.S., UK and Israel are interested in Nigeria and of course UK will want to see a United Nigeria. Israel wants the Biafrans to call out of Nigeria, and that is why you see Nnamdi Kanu claiming to be a Jew which he is not, he can never criticize Israel because they are his backers, and I wish you know that the Jewish community in America is the strongest lobbyist you have in the Capitol Hill. 2) you need a UN mandate, this point is a corollary from the first point (foreign backers) to get a UN mandate, there must be visible signs that the indigenous people want their own country. These could include the structure of the organization, IPOB having more than 69 country registered membership, I don't think the UN or anybody will label us jokers. If you say so you may well start your association and let's see how far you can go. Other indexes may include number of incaserations and arrests, here also we've seen an increase in the number of IPOB members arrested illegally in Nigeria, and now they have even arrested their leader. Another index may include petitions by the indegnous people to call out, currently there is an ongoing online petition which is something that could be used to prove to the world that we Biafrans want our own country, and you've other things like the mere fact that IPOB is registered and recognized by the world movement for indigenous people speaks for itself. 3) the people's will, here again IPOB is doing a great job, Nnamdi Kanu just completed a tour of more than seven countries. What was the tour all about - to strengthen the will of Biafrans and let them see reasons why they need to say good bye to Nigeria. To be be honest but not for Nnamdi Some of the things I now know about Nigeria I wouldn't have known it, but not for IPOB Buhari would have been more radical in his approach on governance, believe it or not the call for secession was made stronger because of IPOB.

When people accuse Kanu of preaching hate, I do understand them, but to be frank, if you want Biafra to secede from Nigeria that's the kind of preaching you do preach, because it's only by having an uttermost hatred for Nigeria can a Biafran be willing to sacrifice his life for the love of his freedom (Biafra). It's only be having uttermost hatred for Nigeria, will the light of our struggle EVER remain kindled. It's only by having uttermost hatred for Nigeria can the Biafrans withstand the pressures of unity from Nigeria. And please let us stop deceiving ourselves, ohaneze ndigbo is just FAKE.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bishop42:

This problem is not exclusive to River Igbos. We do it here in Anambra and anywhere else , we call them tax collectors. Tax collectors are one of the most difficult people to deal with
tax extortionists collectors indeed..how come it was no longer happening when wike left office?how come after he left you now only pay your legal fees after that no ikwerre youth backed by an lga chairman would come to disturb you with illegal fees unlike before?again I tell you ask people who lived or are living in obi akpor lga what used to happen under you exemplary nyesom wike

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
investnow2013:
Some Students of Lorreto Secondary School Adazi-Nnukwu(one of the best School in Nigeria) were there also to welcome the peoples Governor!.Umu Oma ndi Anambra ji etu onu dalunuoooo!!!!!

These Girls are dam cute! From Head to feet all in uniform! Why won't they beat their counterpart from other states!

Umu omalicha dalu nu

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
CreampieAngela:
I had warned you never to come in when you're not invited, you're not Igbo so gerrarrahia

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
I am beginning to feel unsecured in the East because the increase in population of Ab0kis is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
tabletman1:
I am beginning to feel unsecured in the East because the increase in population of Ab0kis is alarming.
boko haram displacements..though northerners living in Kano might feel the same about Igbos there too

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
Anambra State Education Image Makers!. See The Beauties of Real Education in Anambra State!...........Education in Anambra State is Now Sweeter than Honey & Better than Bread!......

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
investnow2013:
Anambra State Education Image Makers!. See The Beauties of Real Education in Anambra State!...........Education in Anambra State is Now Sweeter than Honey & Better than Bread!......
why only girls?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
More!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
uduokirika1:

This Girls are dam cute! From Head to feet all in uniform! Why won't they beat their counterpart from other states!

Umu omalicha dalu nu

Clean and decent Catholic school girls rock to the heavens. Look at their well polished shoes and how well comported they appear. Like you said,why won't they beat their counterparts. I am very proud of our girls.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Obiano at the Nigerian Economic Summit last week.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
asha80:
why only girls?

Probably because they are Catholic schools. Catholics don't do coed.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
asha80:
why only girls?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
tabletman1:
Not only themooo!, but our friends from the westooo!!!!!.Please go to our villages not even cities & see Yorubas in numbers!.Ozubulu, Oraifite, Akwaukwu, Oba, Nnobi, Uli, Neni etc are full of our friends from the west!. I asked some of them working for me in one of our site why suddenly they are everywhere in Anambra State & they told me that it is very hard in their land to get job & there are too much jealousy which results in witchcraft!.They told me that the people of Anambra are very rich & are always building one thing or the other & that cost of living here is also very cheap!. They told me that we are very friendly & accommodating!.I was astonished at their reply!....Omanbala Amaka!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
asha80:
boko haram displacements..though northerners living in Kano might feel the same about Igbos there too
I just don't feel comfortable with their increase in population. And however kano is a big city with some part mainly occupied by Igbos which will always make our presence over there unnoticeable but same cannot be said here in the east.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
tabletman1:
I just don't feel comfortable with their increase in population. And however kano is a big city with some part mainly occupied by Igbos which will always make our presence over there unnoticeable but same cannot be said here in the east.
we just have to get used to it

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
tabletman1:
There is real population boom now in Anambra State, just forget the kangaroo Nigeria Census!. There is real Economic boom in Anambra State!.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.