Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1231470 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
Akwunechenyi Umuoji. Anambra culture is enchanting.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
Nze na Ozo titled man from Onicha greets with his elephant tusk....Omanbala ebuka.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2015
Block Odenigbo at Uzoiyi festivals in Igwulube Okodu,Umuoji. Culture is our trademark.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2015
Aku ezu Ozor...Uzoiyi festivals
Nwa Okodu ka m bu...Omenana bu nke UMUOJI? grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
N5m worth of farming equipment distributed in Anambra

Dry Season farming equipment and improved seed money worth about five million naira have been distributed to thirty co-operative societies from different local government areas across the state.

The distribution, which took place in Awka, after a two-day scaling up Community Based Resilience Farming Practice for additional thirty women groups on Dry Season Farming, was organized by the state government in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP.

Speaking during the training workshop before the distribution, the Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr. Afam Mbanefo, described dry season farming as very profitable because the few people that practice it monopolize the market.
Mr. Mbanefo, represented by the Deputy Director, Agriculture, Mr. Jude Nwankwor said all these interventions are geared towards achieving Governor Willie Obiano’s vision of making Anambra State the country, very sufficient in food production.

Also speaking, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Economic Planning and Budget, Mr. Mark Okoye, represented by the Director of Donor Agencies in the Ministry, Mr. Boniface Azi, said Governor Willie Obiano’s choice of making Agriculture his no one developmental pillar has attracted donor agencies that want to support Agriculture from around the world and described the beneficiaries as privileged farmers.
He enjoined them to put the equipment into full use for optimum result.

Distributing the equipment and fund, the UNDP partnership Manager and Special Assistant to the Governor on Donor Agencies, Mrs Nneka Onwudiwe said the equipment and improved seed money were aimed at sustaining dry season farming to avoid food draught in the state.
Mrs. Onwudiwe said in the spirit of true corporation, collaboration and appreciation, joined hands with the UNDP in an action-oriented efforts to support dry season farmers in the state, to complement Governor Willie Obiano’s commitment in the Agricultural sector.
In their separate speeches, some of the beneficiaries, Mrs. Patricia Nwokedi from Ezi-Agulu-Out, Anambra East, Mrs. Virginia Okoli from Ndi Okpalaeke in Orumba North and Mr. Clement Otogbolu from Ogbunike in Oyi Council Area, thanked Governor Willie Obiano for the various interventions, praying for his second tenure, and assuring to put the equipment into good use.

http://www.absradiotv.com/index.php/national/36-south-east/2031-n5m-worth-of-farming-equipment-distributed-in-anambra

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by donguutti: 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
Governor Obiano, is devoted to making agriculture the Bedrock of anambra industrialization
At this pace its only a matter of time before anambra despite having of the smallest landmass
in the country would be ranked as a Foremost Agrohub, while expanding the Business and manufacturing
hubs of Onitsha and Nnewi

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ndianambra mmamma nu, rie nu, taa nu, ñuo nu.

Ekene'm unu.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
Rehabilitation of Ufuma Rice Mill by Joesph Agro Industry!. This will be completed by Dec2015 & real production will start in 2016!.Many of us May not remember Ufuoma Rice or Rice mill in Orumba North Lga of Anambra State that served us during the Biafra War!. It is coming back again!

11 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
More!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
Agulu Lake Resort is gradually reaching completion & will be open for business in 2016!.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
Yeske2:
Ndianambra mmamma nu, rie nu, taa nu, ñuo nu.

Ekene'm unu.

grin grin
My Nigga!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
investnow2013:
Agulu Lake Resort is gradually reaching completion & will be open for business in 2016!.

First it was 2015 and now 2016....diaris God oooo
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
NRIPRIEST:

First it was 2015 and now 2016....diaris God oooo
Yes! It was very sad to hear,but gradually we will get there!.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
This hotel looks abandoned and I think the designers should have kept a good distance between the two buildings

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
A lot of moribund industries are coming to life again. Great to know. Never even heard about Ufuma rice mill.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
FreeGlobe:
This hotel looks abandoned and I think the designers should have kept a good distance between the two buildings
it needs repainting

investnow2013:
Rehabilitation of Ufuma Rice Mill by Joesph Agro Industry!. This will be completed by Dec2015 & real production will start in 2016!.Many of us May not remember Ufuoma Rice or Rice mill in Orumba North Lga of Anambra State that served us during the Biafra War!. It is coming back again!
I thought joseph agro was meant to revive omor rice mill
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2015
investnow2013:
Yes! It was very sad to hear,but gradually we will get there!.

I am not really worried because I know these things take time,especially when you factor our financial strength.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Yes! there was stoppage of work there,which they attributed to the heavy rain & slippery nature of the place which was affecting their job!.The design of that hotel in all honesty was terrible!.... I don't know who did that design?. I don't think that design resemble anything Omanbala!. Although all hope are not lost if they can do some great stuff to it immediate environment in way of planting exotic flowers & plants!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 9:40pm On Oct 19, 2015
It has never been painted as work is still ongoing. The whitish stuff on the wall is the wall screeding before the actual paint work will commence.

[quote author=asha80 post=39149504]it needs repainting
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
asha80:
it needs repainting

I thought joseph agro was meant to revive omor rice mill
Ufuma Rice Mill inclusive!. There was a World Bank Rice Project with irrigation there which was abandoned a long time ago!.The Agulu Lake Resort have not been painted yet,but until they finish the compound then the painting will be done!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2015
Obiano is obviously trying..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
investnow2013:
Yes! there was stoppage of work there,which they attributed to the heavy rain & slippery nature of the place which was affecting their job!.The design of that hotel in all honesty was terrible!.... I don't know who did that design?. I don't think that design resemble anything Omanbala!. Although all hope are not lost if they can do some great stuff to it immediate environment in way of planting exotic flowers & plants!

Truth be said, One thing i didn't like in Obi's era was the architect they used for design of buildings. it was obviously a local architect and didn't have much imagination except making everything like a square box. From the state secretariat to the teaching hospital to the hotels, it all lacked imaginatively modern design. Especially when you compared with the design architect used in Enugu state buildings.

However, i will still give Peter Obi a pass mark because he laid the foundation. it was very difficult to rule Anambra when Obi started because it was indeed a failed place where many warlords held the state government to ransom and just wanted all contracts awarded to their fake companies that had no intention whatsoever about completing them. Obi fought all those shenanigans and liberated Anambra from their wicked clutches. That is how Anambra turned the corner from a failed woeful state to a developing prosperous state.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
investnow2013:

if they use enough trees and flowers to make that place a true resort, it will compensate for the poor box-shaped design. The Le Méridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort Uyo had an equally ugly design, but they used enough palm trees and golf course to transform it into a true resort.

I wish igboson will come here. He is a great advocate of using flowers and trees liberally in the south east, so that our hotels and major roads look like Abuja and indeed similar facilities in other countries. Unfortunately, for some reasons we just hate a green serene environment which trees and flowers bequeath.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

if they use enough trees and flowers to make that place a true resort, it will compensate for the poor box-shaped design. The Le Méridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort Uyo had an equally ugly design, but they used enough palm trees and golf course to transform it into a true resort.

I wish igboson will come here. He is a great advocate of using flowers and trees liberally in the south east, so that our hotels and major roads look like Abuja and indeed similar facilities in other countries. Unfortunately, for some reasons we just hate a green serene environment which trees and flowers bequeath.
Maybe because we've been in the rainforest for generations and need openings and space to see the sky, stars and Almighty sun embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by WIZGUY69(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
AnamCity:

Mehn! The pictures are not different from what Asokoro and Maitama looks like.

grin

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 4:33am On Oct 20, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 7:32am On Oct 20, 2015
Pix: (L-R) Chief Joe Ekwunife, Managing Director of ANSIPPA, Irish Tony
Duncan, International Sales Director, Affordable Building Concepts
Ltd, Igwe Cyril Enweze, Chairman of ANSIPPA and Chief Willie Obiano,
governor of Anambra State during the signing of an MoU for the
construction of 10,000 houses in the state…Monday

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 8:25am On Oct 20, 2015
NRIPRIEST:

grin grin My Nigga!
Bros i hail o.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2015
AnamCity:
Pix: (L-R) Chief Joe Ekwunife, Managing Director of ANSIPPA, Irish Tony
Duncan, International Sales Director, Affordable Building Concepts
Ltd, Igwe Cyril Enweze, Chairman of ANSIPPA and Chief Willie Obiano,
governor of Anambra State during the signing of an MoU for the
construction of 10,000 houses in the state…Monday

Anambra is receiving investment overload. And now a foreign company venturing into housing,NICE. Can't wait to see their designs.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:58am On Oct 20, 2015
Yeske2:
Bros i hail o.

Salute!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2015
The governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has intensified efforts to end the housing challenges of the state with the signing of an MoU that would ensure the construction of 10,000 units of housing in the state.

The project which involves a partnership with Affordable Building Concepts International Limited is estimated to be valued at $476.1m (N95.2bn) will occupy 200 hectars of land spread across five different locations in the state.

Signing the MoU in Awka on Monday, Governor Obiano expressed optimism that the project would bring a huge relief to Ndi Anambra, especially civil servants who he said had been coming to work in Awka from Enugu and Asaba.

“This is the third MoU we are signing on housing. We hope that all these will go a long way in ameliorating the challenges we are having in the housing sector, especially for civil servants. Now that we have provided security people who are living in Asaba or Enugu will begin to relocate to Anambra State,” Governor Obiano maintained.

Throwing more light on the project, the Chairman of Anambra State investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA), Igwe Cyril Enweze explained that it seeks to promote urban development and modernization, provide relatively affordable housing for the people as well as attract revenue through the state’s share of the profits.

Pointing out that the initiative was in line with Obiano’s economic objectives for housing and rapid infrastructural development of the state, Igwe Enweze expressed optimism that the project would provide a facelift to the capital city and drive the urbanization of its host communities.

“The project will generate 1500 direct jobs during the construction phase as well as about 6500 indirect employment opportunities of which 75 per cent will be dedicated to Ndi Anambra. Thus, the local artisans and people in the host communities will be engaged as labour and in other capacities, especially during the construction phase of the project,” Igwe Enweze further explained.

In a very brief remark, Tony Duncan, Affordable Building Concepts’ International Director of Sales for Middle East and West Africa expressed the optimism that the company would have a long term relationship with Anambra State. “I am going to be the man on the ground here. I’m coming to live in Nigeria. I’ll work hand in hand with your engineers and architects,” he explained.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

Brilliant Idea!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.