Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,404 members, 7,954,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1252544 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Nwanne, you came late to the party..500th page eluded you! cheesy

NRIPRIEST:

You couldn't have said it any better.....Anambra north is the future..

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
Gamechanger:
Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Igbariam

Guy,we need more pictures of that University...We haven't forgotten the 5 billion Obi sunk there.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
patrick89:

Lol I got these picture since June! But the thing is that the place is huge, no structure is being raised aside culverts, roads, drainage, shopping mall, the governors lodge and others, the place is a huge construction site trust me... I can tell you, that things must have changed by now..
my dad told me he bought land there. Am just suggesting the government shld embark on a housing estate to set the tone for the standard of housing there. It would make sense if we'd see the 3d plan of the proposed city

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:04am On Dec 10, 2015
liberty300:
Mehn, I was hoping to see skyscrapers being constructed are green wood...guess I'll be disappointed

Nwayo ka eji alacha ofe di oku.....Ejiro ike alaru ula.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:07am On Dec 10, 2015
patrick89:
While I was going I took this...

That tree by the fence look like pine tree....Didn't know pine grow in Anambra.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 10, 2015
NRIPRIEST:

That tree by the fence look like pine tree....Didn't know pine grow in Anambra.

that's casuarina tree. it can be found in all old missionary schools and church compound all over anambra state.

remember back then at Holy Ghost Juniorate seminary Ihiala. this is standard cane.

koboko dey learn work for whistling pine. if our rector. Rev fr. Leo okeke flog u. U go see Ur ancestors

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ezeaguisforever(m): 12:41am On Dec 10, 2015
Chai, ewetaghim ya. Unu e mele i ru na i ga fe ihu 500 na ahiri a.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:42am On Dec 10, 2015
Nnewiboi:

that's casuarina tree. it can be found in all old missionary schools and church compound all over anambra state.

remember back then at Holy Ghost Juniorate seminary Ihiala. this is standard cane.

koboko dey learn work for whistling pine. if our rector. Rev fr. Leo okeke flog u. U go see Ur ancestors

I get you....The stems has smooth skin.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:08am On Dec 10, 2015
Omagba Layout Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:10am On Dec 10, 2015
Omagba Layout Onitsha

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:13am On Dec 10, 2015
Omagba Layout Onitsha

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:14am On Dec 10, 2015
Omagba Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 2:41am On Dec 10, 2015
Nnewiboi:
Nnewi on wheels -
This 1912 picture was the approach to the palace of Igwe Orizu I (Eze Ugbonyamba; born 1881-1924) the 18th Obi of Otolo and the Igwe of Nnewi kingdom. He was the traditional supreme ruler and spiritual leader in Nnewi, an Igbo city in Eastern Nigeria.
Eze Ugbonyamba was crowned the King of Nnewi and he took the ofo of Nnewi after his fathers death in 1904. He was a member of the Nnofo Royal lineage and the successor to his father Igwe Iwuchukwu Ezeifekaibeya. One of his sons was Nigeria's politician and educationist, The Right Honorable Prince Dr. Abyssinia Akweke Nwafor Orizu (1915–1999).
Eze Ugbonyamba was the first Igbo to own a personal pleasure car. When the car was brought for him from Lagos, the European Provincial officer at Onitsha was invited to see the vehicle and share with the chief in his joy. He came to the palace on a motorcycle, inspected the car which, thereafter, had ON1 (that is Onitsha 1) as its registration number.

^^^This pic of mud carvings at the Igwes' palace looks nice! They remind me a bit of egyptian hieroglyphics: pics/carvings that tell a story!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 4:20am On Dec 10, 2015
investnow2013:
Omagba Layout Onitsha

So what are these people with that green and white zoo flag feeling like?
Trying to mock our people that have suffered so much under that slave flag?

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 10, 2015
Cjrane2:

So what are these people with that green and white zoo flag feeling like?
Trying to mock our people that have suffered so much under that slave flag?

I tire oh! They must be a misguided few. Imagine carrying about such a cursed flag in ala Igbo. Ka m nwetakwa fa. Inụkwa!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 10, 2015
NRIPRIEST:

I get you....The stems has smooth skin.

I'm sure u meant rough stem. U don't wanna try Rev. Solomon nwoko. our choir master/ French master

the fear of whistling pines is d beginning of knowing French and Latin.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:30am On Dec 10, 2015
St Charles Awka Road Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:41am On Dec 10, 2015
Omagba Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:42am On Dec 10, 2015
St Mark's Anglican Church Omagba Layout Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:43am On Dec 10, 2015
St Marks Omagba Onitsha

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 10:49am On Dec 10, 2015
Chino and a friend from the State House of Assemble visits Awka flyovers to see first hand the level of work done. I must confess this infrastructure is a state-of-the-art masterpiece even Abuja is a learner here. I was made to understand by the contractors that Kwatta flyovers will even be greater than this in outlook.. cool

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
I think there should be a deliberate government policy to make Lands within area with excellent governement infrastructures expensive or compel property owners to upgrade to a particular standard or sell off the properties to more serious private developers.

People like that gentleman that is currently constructing a magnificent high rise structure in his village can even be given free lands (or they buy up those 3-4 storey building^) around the new flyOver to develop.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovemystate: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
Otu nkwo, I hope I got the spelling grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
I was at the main market early this week..mehn shoppers from all over SE and beyond flooded the place like bees. I was like these guys are really smiling to the banks in millions because of bigs sales.. cool

Ilovemystate:
Otu nkwo, I hope I got the spelling grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
SpaceTour:
Chino and a friend from the State House of Assemble visits Awka flyovers to see first hand the level of work done. I must confess this infrastructure is a state-of-the-art masterpiece even Abuja is a learner here. I was made to understand by the contractors that Kwatta flyovers will even be greater than this in outlook.. cool

This is great.
One hopes they maintain the high quality of work by using great factory made street lights such as the road below.
Instead of having local welders to fabricate street lights such as those that Peter Obi installed along Zik avenue Awka.
Those welders tried, but once you see factory made street lights like below, you'll know the difference when compared to local welders fabricated ones.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Obiano is a man with a very high taste. It shows even in his appearance and everything he touches..

Cjrane2:

This is great.
One hopes they will use great factory made street lights such as the road below. Instead of having local welders to fabricate street lights such as those that Peter Obi installed along Zik avenue Awka. Those welders tried, but once you see factory made street lights, you'll know the difference

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
patrick89:
I'm approaching the base, I'm so scared now they might catch me...
Bro,you sure you are an Igboman? Why you are afraid of rag tag primitive fulanis in you own state is beyond me. Very very strange igboman.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.