Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (65303 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by searay(m): 7:26am On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:
To be honest you guys are not cristns your Just doing your own thing,check the history of prophet abraham that was asked by God to give his only child as scrfce then wen he ws about doing that God send an angel with a ram,so do u mean u don't belv in that history,you guys need help
I think the blood of Jesus cancel the blood of those animals.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by bola4dprec(m): 7:26am On Oct 05, 2014
Mynd44:
As Christians, it is not right to eat it. Don't even touch it. Just send it to my house and I will dispose of it for you
It is clearly stated in the Quran “The food
of the People of the Book (Christian or Jew) is lawful unto
you and yours is lawful unto them. ” Sura 5
- Al-Maeda (MADINA) : Verse 5
It is clear from Sura Al-Maeda that eating
meat from a Christian or Jewish butcher is
lawful ( Halal ). However for this to be
lawful the Christian or Jewish butcher must
be a practising Christian or Jew.
Now in the case of Jews this is very easy.
As long as the Jew is a practising Jew and
the meat is slaughtered in accordance with
Jewish law ( Torat Moshe) then this meat
and other Kosher food is lawful ( Halal)
and can be eaten by Muslims.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by sleekpro(m): 7:27am On Oct 05, 2014
michaelwestern:
Am not really sure if its okay for christians to eat ileya meat. Some people will call it food offered to idols, but the bible permits us to eat any kind of meat. So is it okay to eat ileya meat?

No its not a sin, its pure longer truot!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Kentox(m): 7:29am On Oct 05, 2014
galadima77:

maybe u should stop eating anything slaughtered by a muslim because the Almighty God's name is pronounced over every 'cow, sheep or chicken' slaughtered by them, and that include suya, kilishi, dambu nama, etc...please

ileya meat is different from any meat slaughter by muslims. It's a sacrifice. As a born again child of God, eating of the meat will pollute your spirit. Even if you have to eat because of hunger, sanctify it well.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by tbaba1234: 7:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Kentox:

ileya meat is different from any meat slaughter by muslims. It's a sacrifice. As a born again child of God, eating of the meat will pollute your spirit. Even if you have to eat because of hunger, sanctify it well.

All meat slaughtered by muslims is slaughtered in the EXACT same way as ileya meat... You can give up meat altogether.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by NextProdigy(m): 7:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Whether you're a Christian or not, it is your CHOICE. If you choose to eat, EAT; if you choose not to eat, DON'T EAT.

Let us learn to live together peacefully regardless of our different beliefs.

May God Almighty have mercy on us all.

Happy Eid-Mubarak to all my Muslim family around the world.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 05, 2014
I think the problem of intolerance started having an heavy toll on Nigerians when the Muslims started killing for the god and never considered the sensibilities oof other religions...both christianity and traditional religion,for christ sakes,Nigeria is a secular country!

Now to the issue of ileya meat,I don't think I would willingly eat sallah meat anymore because I fear and despise muslims because of their propensity to kill and be very violent about their beliefs.

I used to eat ileya meat a lot in the past but I don't think I would want to eat it any longer because that would be tantamount to hypocrisy,I mean just look at the problems muslims are causing all over the world! Scripturally though,I don't think there is any injunction not to eat sallah meat.Its just that any sane christian would be dead to conscience to eat such sallah meat considering how the islamic adherents are killing mankind all over the World.Peace.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by F117A: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2014
Midastorch:

You guys should stop misquoting and misinterpreting
the bible.Omg!!!! The Hebrew boys decided not to pollute themselves morally and refused to follow the corrupt ways of Babylon unlike the present day Ayo oritsejafor and co.nothing is wrong with eating meat in short Ileya is very very biblical.in as much as the old testament is still part of our bible references, it is
biblical.
You are the one with the poor knowledge of the bible.
The hebrew boys rejected the babylonian meats because it was already sacrificed to idols and symbolized babylonian depravity,which was why they found favour with God.
Jesus in the book of relevations warned some churches for the gravious sin of defiling themselves with strange meats.
And no,ileya celebration as well as christmas is not biblical.
God did not ask abraham to keep celebrating it.
The Ulimate sacrifice was the death of jesus on the cross,which is what we should celebrate in our lives everyday.
You can keep eating though,i ain't stopping you.
Btw, oritsejafor and co are not your standards.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by F117A: 7:39am On Oct 05, 2014
The celebration of ileya is tantamount to spitting on the sacrifice of our lord jesus christ.
The muslims don't believe in his sacrifice anyway,so christians should be very careful.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by domack99(m): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2014
Meenh this is serious, lots of haters here and there, I notice most poster that refuse to eat Sallah meat are mostly newly registered members and most likely are new generations of Nigeria. All I can say is that we are doomed in this God forsaking country. The older generation of this country has failed, Christian and Muslim use to live in harmony but seems the old generation has failed to teach the newer ones the good way of life.

What I see that is lacking here is reading habit, funny enough the world is more global than before, where you have mobile library and e-consultant on the go, we can easily consult google, Wikipedia and the like for quick answer but to my surprise we are more ignorant than ever before.

Imagine Christians bluntly saying on this thread that Muslim worship idol, when there are several debate you can see on youtube among the scholars of the two religion, there you will see similarities and differences in the two religion.

Our pastors are not trying at all and the parents are not helping matter, we can not leave this world alone, we need to learn to co-exist with one another.

As some poster has mentioned and quoted earlier, it is clearly stated in the Quran that meat from Jew and Christians are allowed for Muslims, Christianity on the other hands seems not to have a definite backing for why Sallah meat should not be eating as there have been counter quoting to support and against our desire.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Allah means God almighty the Moon,sun earth us are his creation. Eid mubarak
ållah was one of the several gods worshipped in Arabia, in Muhammad's time, he was the chief god.
1.There is absolutely no question that Allah was worshipped by the pagan Arabs as one of many polytheistic gods.
2.Allah was worshipped in the Kabah at Mecca before Muhammad was born. Muhammad merely proclaimed a god the Meccans were already familiar with. The pagan Arabs never accused Muhammad of preaching a different Allah than the one they already worshipped.
3.Many scholars say "Allah" is derived from a compound Arabic word, AL + ILAH = Allah. "Ilah" in Arabic is "God" and "Al" in Arabic is a definite article like our word "the". So from an English equivalent "Allah" comes from "The + God". Others, like Arthur Jeffery say, "The common theory is that it is formed from ilah, the common word for a god, and the article al-; thus al-ilah, the god," becomes Allah, "God." This theory, however, is untenable. In fact, the name is one of the words borrowed into the language in pre-Islamic times from Aramaic." ( Islam: Muhammad and His Religion, Arthur Jeffery, 1958, p 85)
4.Although "Allah" has become known as the proper name for the Muslim god, Allah is not a name, but a descriptor that means literally, "the god". All pagan cultures have these generic terms that refer to their "top god" as "the god". In comparison to the perfect monotheism of Judaism and Christianity, "Allah" was originally no more a proper name for the Muslim God, than the word Hebrew "elohim" (god) or Greek "theos" (god) are proper names of the one true God of the Bible. "Jehovah" is the only revealed proper name for the "Elohim" of the Old Testament ( Ex 3:13; 6:3) and "Jesus" is the only revealed proper name of "Theos" in the New Testament. (Acts 4:12) Islam has no proper name for their god, but merely transformed, by universal use and confusion, the generic Allah into a proper name. So although today, Muslims use "Allah" as a proper name, it was never used this way originally. Allah, therefore is equivalent to "elohim" and "ho theos" but not "Jehovah" or "Jesus". Allah is not the name of the nameless Muslim God. However Muslims will claim that Allah is the name of God that corresponds to Jehovah. Both the Father and the Son are called "ho theos" (The God). Jesus is called "The God" many times in the New Testament: John 20:28; Heb 1:8. An important conclusion from this, is that the mere fact that "Allah" is equivalent to "elohim" and "ho theos" does not mean they are directly corresponded. It certainly doesn’t prove Allah is the same as the God of the Old or New Testament. It does not prove that Muslim’s worship the same God as Christians. If this correspondence proved the Muslim god was the same as the Christian God, then because pagan religions also have generics that correspond to "the god" (Allah), this correspondence would also prove that Allah is the same god as the Buddhist god, for Buddhists also refer to their god as "the god". http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Islamic%20Muslim/allah_is_a_fraud.htm

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Midastorch(m): 7:42am On Oct 05, 2014
CANTICLES:
Anyway, this is a funny thread ... Back to business : u guyz need to answer this two questions .... 1. Will muslims celebrate 'ileya' if assuming Abraham sacrifice his firstborn ?? ( coz that would mean firstborns will b roasted for ileya festival) If NO, y do it bcoz its a ram ! 2. Did Abraham even eat the ram after offering the sacrifice ??

For your information, God never intended to use Isaac for the sacrifice, he just wanted to test Abraham's faith.someone that has only one child and you asked him to come and sacrifice the child? The biggest of

today's pastors will say "I bind you Satan".Saying slaughtering ram is to the idols?? You guys should refuse your teachers (pastors) to be teaching you heresy.in the old testament, God receives burnt offering of animals (rams or sheep to be precise) which are sweet smelling savour unto him and he blesses whoever served it unto him.but as Christians, because
he has given us his own Lamb (Christ Jesus) there is no need for us to sacrifice any animal again.all we need is to go to his presence in the name of Jesus.
Talking about Christmas, christmas is more idolatry than the sallah we are talking about because its the old Roman empire that replaces a festive period of worshiping the a god of sun "Mars" with the birth of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 05, 2014
Kayraph:
hauwi

Why do you not eat Christmass food?

Good question. As muslims, we only eat the food of three people, muslims, christians and jews. Food from other people a forbidden. Muslims we believe in Jesus alaihi wa salam, we believe in his miraculous birth and in his message, we also believed that God saved him from from the jews by taking him up to himself and we believed in the second comming of jesus. You may not agree that Jesus didnt die, but we belive he didnt. That is why we don‘t take part in the celebration as you are celebrating what is against how faith.

If a christin for example say “I would not celebrate with you because i believe it was isaac that was to be sacrificed and you believe it was ismael. If i aam celebrating with you it is as if i am agreeing with your believe and denying my bible.“ i would not hold it against him and i would understand.

But lying that Allah is not God while he is sing “na go de Allah“. Is what i am against.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by F117A: 7:48am On Oct 05, 2014
domack99:
Meenh this is serious, lots of haters here and there, I notice most poster that refuse to eat Sallah meat are mostly newly registered members and most likely are new generations of Nigeria. All I can say is that we are doomed in this God forsaking country. The older generation of this country has failed, Christian and Muslim use to live in harmony but seems the old generation has failed to teach the newer ones the good way of life.

What I see that is lacking here is reading habit, funny enough the world is more global than before, where you have mobile library and e-consultant on the go, we can easily consult google, Wikipedia and the like for quick answer but to my surprise we are more ignorant than ever before.

Imagine Christians bluntly saying on this thread that Muslim worship idol, when there are several debate you can see on youtube among the scholars of the two religion, there you will see similarities and differences in the two religion.

Our pastors are not trying at all and the parents are not helping matter, we can not leave this world alone, we need to learn to co-exist with one another.

We must please God as ruler, rather than men.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Midastorch(m): 7:49am On Oct 05, 2014
rattlesnake:
[size=18pt]it is NOT what enters a man that defiles the man
but what comes out of your mouth[/size]

Omg!!!!! God will so bless you and your generations unborn.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by hero10(m): 7:49am On Oct 05, 2014
Am happy some Christians understand what is in their Bible, some are just reading it for reading sake.. The meat is not even enough for we Muslims
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by micynute94(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2014
As much as i had like debating this ileya stuff. Some ppl will just never change or listen to reason <sad
So i leave u all with a quote from a friend;
"All things are subject to interpretation, whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth" .... Friedrich Nietzsche
BTW, am a Christian and i helped my Muslim friend prepare ileya meat. Even made suya and asun from it.
I also have fried meats reserved which will probably meet its Creator and ancestors today, with a chilled malt. grin
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Hamazz1: 7:53am On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
U gettin it wrong illeya meat is a sacrificial meat in honor of Gods favor to Abraham whn he was asked to sacrifice his son n later replaced by a ram sent by God.(in breif) illeya meat has no connectn to idol or idolism as a matter of fact it is prohibited 4a muslim to keep any non living image in his house dt casts a shadow...

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by kolomax(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:
ållah was one of the several gods worshipped in Arabia, in Muhammad's time, he was the chief god.
1.There is absolutely no question that Allah was worshipped by the pagan Arabs as one of many polytheistic gods.
2.Allah was worshipped in the Kabah at Mecca before Muhammad was born. Muhammad merely proclaimed a god the Meccans were already familiar with. The pagan Arabs never accused Muhammad of preaching a different Allah than the one they already worshipped.
3.Many scholars say "Allah" is derived from a compound Arabic word, AL + ILAH = Allah. "Ilah" in Arabic is "God" and "Al" in Arabic is a definite article like our word "the". So from an English equivalent "Allah" comes from "The + God". Others, like Arthur Jeffery say, "The common theory is that it is formed from ilah, the common word for a god, and the article al-; thus al-ilah, the god," becomes Allah, "God." This theory, however, is untenable. In fact, the name is one of the words borrowed into the language in pre-Islamic times from Aramaic." ( Islam: Muhammad and His Religion, Arthur Jeffery, 1958, p 85)
4.Although "Allah" has become known as the proper name for the Muslim god, Allah is not a name, but a descriptor that means literally, "the god". All pagan cultures have these generic terms that refer to their "top god" as "the god". In comparison to the perfect monotheism of Judaism and Christianity, "Allah" was originally no more a proper name for the Muslim God, than the word Hebrew "elohim" (god) or Greek "theos" (god) are proper names of the one true God of the Bible. "Jehovah" is the only revealed proper name for the "Elohim" of the Old Testament ( Ex 3:13; 6:3) and "Jesus" is the only revealed proper name of "Theos" in the New Testament. (Acts 4:12) Islam has no proper name for their god, but merely transformed, by universal use and confusion, the generic Allah into a proper name. So although today, Muslims use "Allah" as a proper name, it was never used this way originally. Allah, therefore is equivalent to "elohim" and "ho theos" but not "Jehovah" or "Jesus". Allah is not the name of the nameless Muslim God. However Muslims will claim that Allah is the name of God that corresponds to Jehovah. Both the Father and the Son are called "ho theos" (The God). Jesus is called "The God" many times in the New Testament: John 20:28; Heb 1:8. An important conclusion from this, is that the mere fact that "Allah" is equivalent to "elohim" and "ho theos" does not mean they are directly corresponded. It certainly doesn’t prove Allah is the same as the God of the Old or New Testament. It does not prove that Muslim’s worship the same God as Christians. If this correspondence proved the Muslim god was the same as the Christian God, then because pagan religions also have generics that correspond to "the god" (Allah), this correspondence would also prove that Allah is the same god as the Buddhist god, for Buddhists also refer to their god as "the god". http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Islamic%20Muslim/allah_is_a_fraud.htm
what's the one saying

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Midastorch(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2014
dcaliph:

Good question. As muslims, we only eat the food of three people, muslims, christians and jews. Food from other people a forbidden. Muslims we believe in Jesus alaihi wa salam, we believe in his miraculous birth and in his message, we also believed that God saved him from from the jews by taking him up to himself and we believed in the second comming of jesus. You may not agree that Jesus didnt die, but we belive he didnt. That is why we don‘t take part in the celebration as you are celebrating what is against how faith.
Allah is the Arabic interpretation of God.like Yoruba Christian and babalola saying "Olodumare".I believe we served the same God but our ways of worshipping him and standard is different.

If a christin for example say “I would not celebrate with you because i believe it was isaac that was to be sacrificed and you believe it was ismael. If i aam celebrating with you it is as if i am agreeing with your believe and denying my bible.“ i would not hold it against him and i would understand.

But lying that Allah is not God while he is sing “na go de Allah“. Is what i am against.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 05, 2014
`See this one with his head like Sallah ram asking questions meant for the gods.
Anyways, I eat whichever meat that comes to my table. Infact, yesterday I ate enough meat to the extent of passing out.

...HOLY WATER WAKED ME UP.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by tbaba1234: 7:59am On Oct 05, 2014
Alcatraz001:
I think the problem of intolerance started having an heavy toll on Nigerians when the Muslims started killing for the god and never considered the sensibilities oof other religions...both christianity and traditional religion,for christ sakes,Nigeria is a secular country!

Now to the issue of ileya meat,I don't think I would willingly eat sallah meat anymore because I fear and despise muslims because of their propensity to kill and be very violent about their beliefs.

I used to eat ileya meat a lot in the past but I don't think I would want to eat it any longer because that would be tantamount to hypocrisy,I mean just look at the problems muslims are causing all over the world! Scripturally though,I don't think there is any injunction not to eat sallah meat.Its just that any sane christian would be dead to conscience to eat such sallah meat considering how the islamic adherents are killing mankind all over the World.Peace.

Actually mate, your post is the one filled with hypocrisy... You talk about muslim causing 'problems' , Let's examine that assertion, shall we?? ISIS, Alqeada, How did they come about? Groups like this did not exist 40 years ago... Islam did not start 40 years ago by the way. There were a result and a reaction to the constant invasion of Muslim lands. If you hate violence so much, you should never travel to some western countries as their invasions have killed more people than terrorism perpetuated by muslims all in the name of spreading liberal democracy.

Let us look at the stats, Iraqis dead: 1.5 million (http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/iraq)

No single muslim terrorist group has such stats. Not even if all of them were put together. There is no home in Iraq that has not witnessed death.

More Stats: 88% of domestic terrorist plots in USA since 1995 did not involve Muslims.
(http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/04/19/467384/chart-right-wing-extremism-terror-threat-oklahoma-city/?mobile=nc)

Nigeria has about 50% muslim population, everywhere in this country will be in chaos if we are to believe your reasons but your post shows how shallow and ignorant, attitudes can be...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by ABACHA1(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2014
:oIf Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ tink is wrong, den let me ask, why did jesus christ attend a party, then wine ÅΏd̶̲̥̅̊ dine with pagans

ÅΏd̶̲̥̅̊ even went as far as changing water into wine as his fisrt miracle,
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by charzyh2: 8:01am On Oct 05, 2014
MsNas:
Damn. Nigerian Christians can be despicable and judgy Tho!! what gives y'all the right to say we are worshipping idols? Cos you believe you're going straight to heaven after you die? I seriously SMH for some humans. To all there own. I eat Christmas meat with my Christian friend. If my parents give you slag meat and you dont want it, throw it in the trash.

The MOD who brought this to front page is a fool too. I guess it's anything to bash Islam!
Naija xtians claim to be holier than thou. I'm a xtian (not the chair warmer type) but I doubt if you ate sallah meat as I did last night. Most probably, I'll be coming back to it after church service today. No shaking!
Msnas, it's been some time. How's studies?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by piagetskinner(m): 8:06am On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
Hmm...the bible sure does explains everything
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by myads890(m): 8:06am On Oct 05, 2014
The muslims are also offering the meat to God/Allah. Not idols

SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by charzyh2: 8:06am On Oct 05, 2014
I be deeeeeeeep christian but I dey chop any food wey pass my way. So far na say food. At least, ebi o gbodo pami ku now.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by sabdaz: 8:10am On Oct 05, 2014
This nairaland sef. There should be a team that should be checking topics before being posted. People like causing chaos and unnecessary arguments in the name of religion. Bringing hatred. If you need to know whether it's OK to eat ileya meat or not,can't you ask your pastors or fathers. Some will use this opportunity to show their hatred for Islam. Something that is embraced by all Muslims around the globe,one ordinary person now came up with a thread causing confusion. Why do we enjoy things like this, after all most of us are born in to the religion we find ourselves. Its by the virtue of our births.how do you compare things you don't have the knowledge of one. Muslims that complain about christianity, do you even understand Islam well enough before you start condemning Christians while the same goes for the Christians too.

But look at it this way, at least Muslims are one on the ileya festival, some part of Christianity don't believe in Christmas so they don't celebrate it.

QURAN 109 VERSE 6 ( FOR YOU IS YOUR FAITH, AND FOR ME, MY FAITH)

So if you want to eat ileya meat, eat. If you don't want to, please don't. At least you aren't part of the beggars and needies that are expected to be given
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:16am On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:

Thankyou........

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by catosh: 8:22am On Oct 05, 2014
Alcatraz001:

Op and the rest of d Christians here thank u so much, u guys just gave me a solid reason not to give my Christian neighbors my sallah meat this year.the poor guys have been patrolling my house since last night waiting for their share of sallah meat as I usually give them every year not knowing their god no gree them eat idol meat. .....hmmm who am I to drag with their God. abegi make them go drink their god blood and flesh. no dey give me sallah meat again.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 05, 2014
For the Christians their religion is theirs ... And we muslims our religion is ours ... I always feel sick When little minded juveniles start posting comments about what they know nothing about ..... Esp nigeria xtians cliaming swot and holy .... When the people that brought the religion while our fore-fathers were serving idols etc never bother themselves whatsoever .... Read the page below http://evilbible.com may God widening our knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor / Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.