Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (65302 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by powerblaze(m): 6:50am On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

Nuff Said
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by cbrass(m): 6:53am On Oct 05, 2014
Guruenny:
I can see ignorance running in Christian blood here wen has it come to d extent of opening a thread for ileya meat again,d next tin we go see nw na shea we fit chop ileya rice,semo,amala etc sme pple need to drink ablution water to b ok.barka de sallah to my muslim brothers and sisters may we witness many more of it on earth

Everything about Ileya is not proper for a serious and heaven-bound christian even to ordinary greetings, so don't mind the gluttonous christians
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by swankylay(m): 6:54am On Oct 05, 2014
Its hatred and ignorance that will kill u......probably kwashiorkor too. U myt b lacking protein in Ur system tho. But y r we xtians like this. We discriminate a lot. I'm sure were unto be in d time of Jesus, u would also have wished him nailed to the cross for dinning with sinners n harlot. Myopic discriminate . . .

cbrass:

It is gluttony that will kill you, if you are so much in love with meat then go to market and buy yours rather than eat the one sacrificed to idols and for idolatry intent

Read Rev2:20
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by adrainuche(m): 6:55am On Oct 05, 2014
Abeg mke una no vex what is Ileya Meat
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 05, 2014
Nobody is begging any christian to eat ileya. I would not hold it against any body if the person refuse to eat my sallah food. I dont it chrismas food either.

The issue is that an average christian is brought up by the church to hate and be ignorant of Islam. The ignorance is appalling even among their intellectuals. I once met a Dr who was arguing that the Qur‘an is written in hausa. You would hear things like Muhammad salalahu alaihi wa sallam is the muslim god and an hausa man.

Here they have been saying Allah is not God, but this same people would be dancing in the church today to the song “na go de Allah“, Name their church in the north “house of Allah“. Because of their ignorance, they do not know that hundreds of years before Muhammad sallalahu alaihi wa sallam, there were arab christians, and from that time till now, they do called their creator Allah, even in their bible. In aramaic, the langauge Jesus alaihi wa sallam spoke, God is Elaha.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by zizytd(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2014
I am a christian. Bt I think most of Nigeria Christians practice religion instead of Christianity. They always act perfect, always behaving they r better than one person. Do u know if these so called Christians were born moslems, them go still carry Islam for head. Let me ask them which idol do they offer the ram to? Secondly what we offer to God during our Thanksgivings I.e goats cows, food items no be person they eat am? sometimes put religion aside and be realistic.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by missterious(f): 6:57am On Oct 05, 2014
Lol. This reminds me of my mum. Anytime my neighbour brings sallah meat, she'll collect it & say "thank you" so happily. My siblings & I would be busy salivating over the food. Before you know it, my mum will carry the food & put in the waste bin. She'll even throw away the malt & coke. Chai!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Adegokenath(m): 6:59am On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
the sin we committed everyday is more than ileya meat love is the greatest.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Olaone1: 6:59am On Oct 05, 2014
cbrass:

Everything about Ileya is not proper for a serious and heaven-bound christian even to ordinary greetings, so don't mind the gluttonous christians

Are you bound for 'heaven?'
Yeah, you?! undecided undecided
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by McWhillion(m): 7:00am On Oct 05, 2014
calaharry:

...your choice of words is too unchristianly(...blind Christians...false religious interpretations). Do you not see in the scriptures where the Holy Bible say we should correct in love? And that we should come lets reason together? Choose your words carefully my friend, because pride goes before a fall.
Bro, I'm not trying to form one Christian brother here. If my choice of words offends you in anyway deal with it and move on. I'm not here to please you.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by timilehing(m): 7:00am On Oct 05, 2014
Meat na meat
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by iliasaa(m): 7:03am On Oct 05, 2014
CANTICLES:
Anyway, this is a funny thread ... Back to business : u guyz need to answer this two questions .... 1. Will muslims celebrate 'ileya' if assuming Abraham sacrifice his firstborn ?? ( coz that would mean firstborns will b roasted for ileya festival) If NO, y do it bcoz its a ram ! 2. Did Abraham even eat the ram after offering the sacrifice ??
Mr oga ,if Abraham did not eat the meat, what did he do with with ? waste it? seriously , I think lack of knowledge and ignorance of the history is the problem with most Christians. Go and learn more about the bible and the will see that the ileya meat has a link in the bible

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Kayraph(m): 7:05am On Oct 05, 2014
hauwi
dcaliph:
Nobody is begging any christian to eat ileya. I would not hold it against any body if the person refuse to eat my sallah food. I dont it chrismas food either.

The issue is that an average christian is brought up by the church to hate and be ignorant of Islam. The ignorance is appalling even among their intellectuals. I once met a Dr who was arguing that the Qur‘an is written in hausa. You would hear things like Muhammad salalahu alaihi wa sallam is the muslim god and an hausa man.

Here they have been saying Allah is not God, but this same people would be dancing in the church today to the song “na go de Allah“, Name their church in the north “house of Allah“. Because of their ignorance, they do not know that hundreds of years before Muhammad sallalahu alaihi wa sallam, there were arab christians, and from that time till now, they do called their creator Allah, even in their bible. In aramaic, the langauge Jesus alaihi wa sallam spoke, God is Elaha.

Why do you not eat Christmass food?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Timijo(m): 7:07am On Oct 05, 2014
I was in this confusion before but when I got the biblical understanding I started eating it. Imagine my sister who is a muslim brought food for me and I reject it. How would she feel? If a muslim brings ileya meat for you and you reject it, how can you tell him/her about the love of Christ later? Some people will collect it and later throw it away, to such people it is a sin because that is pretence. Collect it and sanctify it before you consume it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by khadysaggs(f): 7:07am On Oct 05, 2014
Its not you fault
cbrass post=26873495t:

If Abraham had sacrified is son then what would you guys be sacrificing today I think Mohamed went too far by copying the bible
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 05, 2014
AdeniyiA:
What i see is love lacking.
where's the love if my neighbour who's a Muslim brings meat nd i reject it ? what relationship are you establishing through such rejection? what happens to sanctification if indeed you believe the meat is unclean? are you even a true Christian? i am sure you're 100% holy? undecided
Are you sure Jesus would reject such if he were alive?
we have been brought together by fate, so we must sustain such togetherness with love through understanding its scope and concepts
we have extremist on both side's. Eid mubarak

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by khadysaggs(f): 7:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Who copy who its really not your fault cos your blind deaf and dumb
cbrass:

If Abraham had sacrified is son then what would you guys be sacrificing today I think Mohamed went too far by copying the bible

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by donodion(m): 7:12am On Oct 05, 2014
McWhillion:
Shout out to all the blind Christians who are doling out their own self righteousness. You people take the mundane things of this world too seriously. I will have you all know that I am a Christian and I ate Ileya meat like say tomorrow no dey and it doesn't make me less of a Christian. I imagine the kind of misery and tortuous logic you guys rope yourselves into by lending false religious interpretations to everything.
My advice, go and discover God.
Hi-5 Sweerie. Word!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 05, 2014
dcaliph:

shukran. Remain bless. Eid mubarak

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by olashas(f): 7:14am On Oct 05, 2014
anselm791:
Well Jesus ate with tax collectors and sinners, who am I not to eat ileya meat?
cool kiss

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by F117A: 7:14am On Oct 05, 2014
maclatunji:

LOL.

Abraham means anything to you? I guess not. You see when we tell you that Muslims are the true followers of all the Prophets (AS), you say no. Then you go and start castigating these holy people one by one.

Reality is different from boasts. We Muslims live it and honour all prophets from Adam to Muhammad (AS). Sacrifice of Jesus (AS)?

I laugh in Chinese because if you know the number of people that have taken a bullet for other people after what you believe to be his crucifixion, you would know that you are lying to yourselves.

Then again, you would argue that he is part of a trinity which just makes me laugh real hard.

God is not in the business of having children, wake-up. Divinity cannot be shared because by its very nature, it has to be absolute and incontestable. With your concept of trinity, you devalue divinity as inflation devalues money.

:-P :-P :-P :-P

The islamic reality of abraham is not the same for christianity,so dont try such emotional blackmail.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Ahmeduana(m): 7:14am On Oct 05, 2014
ifaoni:
u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.
READING SOME PEOPLES COMMENT, I JUST REALISE THAT LOT OF christians DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND CHRISTIANITY TALK-LESS OF UNDERSTANDING ISLAM, ONE THING IS CERTAIN I WILL NEVER WASTE A SECOND OF MY TIME IN ENLIGHTING A BIAS AND POISONED MIND by the way IN MY RELIGION WHICH IS ISLAM ALMIGHTY ALLAH (S.W.T) DECREED christians foods for as HALAL AND WE MUSLIMS WE PROUDLY CONSUME THEM.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Acidosis(m): 7:15am On Oct 05, 2014
The only reason I didn't eat Ileya meet was due to the fact that I had none to share or give me meat sad sad Nevertheless, I barely eat outside my home especially when I have no close relationship with the cook (christian or muslim).

I will also like to highlight the fact that it's wrong to compare Ileya meat with "Christmas Chicken". Chicken has nothing to do with Christianity. As a matter of fact, many do not eat chicken on Christmas day. Some take turkey, ponmo, fish, and even some like me would readily fast on a Christmas day.

Jesus Christ has done all the sacrifice for humanity (Christian perspective). More so, lets not forget that even the Babalawos also sacrifice animals to their gods. Now, should we eat a Chicken killed by a Babalawo? Would you eat a goat killed by an Osun worshipper?

I do not know the objective of Ileya festival but if the sacrifice signifies redemption of sins, then I would re-consider my options before eating/sharing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by zizytd(m): 7:16am On Oct 05, 2014
Another tin dat pains me abt some Nigerian Christians provided they are not committing sin of fornication,they are the best pple, dis same persons go wicked for hrt die, they can't even do anything for u,Christianity is all abt love, in black Eyed peas voice where is d love
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by galadima77(m): 7:17am On Oct 05, 2014
Sanchez01:

Lolz, you sure made light of the thread.

Back to the topic, OP, it is not right. As a matter of fact, sharing from the meat is the same as alluding to their deity and object of worship.

An example is seen in Daniel and the three Hebrew boys who refused to pollute themselves with the 'king's meat'. It is wrong to eat of the meat.

maybe u should stop eating anything slaughtered by a muslim because the Almighty God's name is pronounced over every 'cow, sheep or chicken' slaughtered by them, and that include suya, kilishi, dambu nama, etc...please
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Bagwellz(m): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2014
Mynd44:
As Christians, it is not right to eat it. Don't even touch it. Just send it to my house and I will dispose of it for you
taa! undecided
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Bsmartt(m): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmmnnn. Religion intolerance is really killing us in this country oooooo. Ileya meat is for the whole community especially the less privilege.
Note: Muslims are not idol worshippers.
Give me any of the meat and Christmas chicken, I will show you how to eat it.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by F117A: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Anyway,broad is the way that leads to destruction.
If most people choose to eat and defile themselves with meat sacrificed to arabian idols,me and my family will not.
That statement which says the road to hell is paved with good intentions is very true indeed.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Olaone1: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2014
They are here defending foreign religions their progenitors never heard of.

Fucccking stu.pid descendants of the inferior race undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Malakh: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2014
It don't matter if you eat their meat or they eat your meat, you both are pagans, one worships the God of the sun, another the God of the moon, as a matter of fact Islam came out of Catholism/Christianity
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Midastorch(m): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2014
Sanchez01:

Lolz, you sure made light of the thread.

Back to the topic, OP, it is not right. As a matter of fact, sharing from the meat is the same as alluding to their deity and object of worship.

An example is seen in Daniel and the three Hebrew boys who refused to pollute themselves with the 'king's meat'. It is wrong to eat of the meat.

You guys should stop misquoting and misinterpreting
the bible.Omg!!!! The Hebrew boys decided not to pollute themselves morally and refused to follow the corrupt ways of Babylon unlike the present day Ayo oritsejafor and co.nothing is wrong with eating meat in short Ileya is very very biblical.in as much as the old testament is still part of our bible references, it is
biblical.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Kentox(m): 7:21am On Oct 05, 2014
anselm791:
Well Jesus ate with tax collectors and sinners, who am I not to eat ileya meat?

wrong interpretation! Your long throat go kill you one day. Remember the story of Daniel in the bible. My brother, even if you have to eat the meat because of hunger, make sure you sanctity it before eating. Christians of nowadays!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor / Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.