Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,190 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (65305 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by 01mcfadden(m): 6:04am On Oct 05, 2014
Blaqsmith:
As a FREEthinking Christian,I eat any meat eatable to my own wish.

My own religion is not in my head,it is in my heart!

Barka De Sallah to my brothers from another wombs.next year ram go pass this oooo grin
Tell this to Shekau bro.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:
You guys are just lost and no matter wat I say u wil nvr cum to light its a waste of my good tym....
the have made up their minds. Eid mubarak sis

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by eazy12(m): 6:05am On Oct 05, 2014
There is nothing bad ooo considering the fact that they are trying to celebrate and remember whn in the old testament God ordered Abraham to sacrifice his son isac but having seeing Abraham's faith gave him a ram instead and spared his son isac as such what they are celebrating is in da Bible sef. Already eaten enof meat yesterday and will continue soo today,remain blessed

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:
You guys are just lost and no matter wat I say u wil nvr cum to light its a waste of my good tym....
the have made up their minds. Eid mubarak sis*

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by sonnie10: 6:06am On Oct 05, 2014
"Peter, rise kill and eat"

And Peter responded," i can not eat that which is unclean."

And the voice said, "do not call that which is created by God unclean"

ACT 10 VS 13

My understanding is that the distinction in law between clean and unclean creature was abolished. Therefore Christians operate under the spirit of life in Christ Jesus and not the law; so that they may without any difference converse with all men.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by abysirius(m): 6:08am On Oct 05, 2014
Now I see y it's easier for kids to make heaven even before their parents. Lord lead me through!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Blaqsmith(m): 6:10am On Oct 05, 2014
01mcfadden:

Tell this to Shekau bro.

undecided
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:13am On Oct 05, 2014
Mynd44:
As Christians, it is not right to eat it. Don't even touch it. Just send it to my house and I will dispose of it for you
it might be too much for you alone to dispose of, i'd gladly love to join you in the disposal activities. Your coordinates pls...?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Blaqsmith(m): 6:14am On Oct 05, 2014
sonnie10:
"Peter, rise kill and eat"

And Peter responded," i can not eat that which is unclean."

And the voice said, do not call that which is created by God unclean

ACT 10 VS 13
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Blaqsmith(m): 6:14am On Oct 05, 2014
AdeniyiA:

it might be too much for you alone to dispose of, i'd gladly love to join you in the disposal activities. You coordinates pls...

Lemme join in the disposal abeg grin
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by doctorbabs(m): 6:17am On Oct 05, 2014
Allah states the following in the Chapter al-
Hajj:

“It is not their meat nor their blood
that reaches Allah: it is your piety that
reaches Him.” (22/37).

6 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by walybouy(m): 6:18am On Oct 05, 2014
guys be careful of hypocrites here, the same people who quotes various bible verse to support their perceived opinion are the ones who savor this ILEYA MEAT WITH BOTTLES OF GUILDER......eat.............eat...........and eat there is nothing wrong in it. history has it that Xmas celebration is enshrined in idolatory ref emperor Constantine. am a Christian and Yoruba by tribe, in my family we have both Muslim and Christian living as brothers no segregation ILEYA meat cannot separate us. OP don't be confused eat
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:
The bible said u can eat meat dedicated to god of the moon(ållah), since meat belongs to God. smiley
Allah means God almighty the Moon,sun earth us are his creation. Eid mubarak

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Bitojoe(m): 6:27am On Oct 05, 2014
[quote author=michaelwestern post=26822990]Am not really sure if its okay for christians to eat ileya meat.

Some people will call it food offered to idols

but the bible permits us to eat any kind of meat.

Wait oo.where in your bible did God tells you to eat any kind of meat
I dont think you read your bible very well.baby Christian who read only psalm 23.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by khadysaggs(f): 6:28am On Oct 05, 2014
So its no longer important to follow that's y I love my Quran it has been desame since our dear prophet gave it to us,no fool has the right to change it,and yo know what it is totally permitted to read the bible but the old testament.I mean the one real cristns use notyou guys
olamide1100:
..That was in d old testament man
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by fortunejum: 6:30am On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
THIS SCRIPTURE HAVE SAID IT ALL. WE DON'T NEED ANY OTHER EXPLANATION.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:31am On Oct 05, 2014
What i see is love lacking.
where's the love if my neighbour who's a Muslim brings meat nd i reject it ? what relationship are you establishing through such rejection? what happens to sanctification if indeed you believe the meat is unclean? are you even a true Christian? i am sure you're 100% holy? undecided
Are you sure Jesus would reject such if he were alive?
we have been brought together by fate, so we must sustain such togetherness with love through understanding its scope and concepts
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by ewizard1: 6:31am On Oct 05, 2014
I neither blame the Muslims or Christian that commented on this thread.

Only the phoolish Mod that placed it on FP!!!

One Word - Get a Life!!!

---
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Agbele1(m): 6:34am On Oct 05, 2014
Eating ileya meat is not wrong as a Christian,apostle Paul said,not what goes on you defiled you,but wat comes out from you.but be wise while eating
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by covenantchild33(m): 6:35am On Oct 05, 2014
ifaoni:
u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.
Where is my money and data? U ar an agent of the devil!u wil neva suced in life,until u return my money!mark my word! Such a wretched poor boy u ar and u wil even bcome more ijn . Amen

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by khadysaggs(f): 6:38am On Oct 05, 2014
Seriously like are you ok
mrceo63:

U cnt compare our bible with ur koran because what u guys put as the child abraham was to use as d scrfice is ishmel not isaac so dbt compare... There is so much mix up..
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by kolomax(m): 6:39am On Oct 05, 2014
Since it's wrong to eat ileya meat...best thing for you guys to do is to stop eating suya from aboki,stop buying his tomatoes and onions infact stop.talking with muslims >:

8 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Guruenny(m): 6:39am On Oct 05, 2014
I can see ignorance running in Christian blood here wen has it come to d extent of opening a thread for ileya meat again,d next tin we go see nw na shea we fit chop ileya rice,semo,amala etc sme pple need to drink ablution water to b ok.barka de sallah to my muslim brothers and sisters may we witness many more of it on earth

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by swankylay(m): 6:41am On Oct 05, 2014
Why is it not right?
Sanchez01:

Lolz, you sure made light of the thread.

Back to the topic, OP, it is not right. As a matter of fact, sharing from the meat is the same as alluding to their deity and object of worship.

An example is seen in Daniel and the three Hebrew boys who refused to pollute themselves with the 'king's meat'. It is wrong to eat of the meat.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by swankylay(m): 6:42am On Oct 05, 2014
Yes they do. They don't "discriminate" like we Christians.

ifaoni:
u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by lizzysam29(f): 6:43am On Oct 05, 2014
God forbids his children evn in d tym of old nt 2 eat food offers 2 idol, dia 4 if we say we still serve dsame God & as d bible says He dsame yesterday, 2day & 4eva, den its totally forbiden 4 christain 2 eat such meat.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by swankylay(m): 6:45am On Oct 05, 2014
Sm1 should give me one good reason why not to eat it n I will counter u with many good reasons to eat it.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by cbrass(m): 6:45am On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:

If Abraham had sacrified is son then what would you guys be sacrificing today I think Mohamed went too far by copying the bible

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Acidosis(m): 6:46am On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

Apostle Paul is a legend. smiley
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Guruenny(m): 6:46am On Oct 05, 2014
lizzysam29:
God forbids his children evn in d tym of old nt 2 eat food offers 2 idol, dia 4 if we say we still serve dsame God & as d bible says He dsame yesterday, 2day & 4eva, den its totally forbiden 4 christain 2 eat such meat.
dis is aw inter religion conflict starts aw cud u b condemn smeone else religion by referrn to it as pple worshpn idol were is it stated in ur bible to b killing chickens for xmas even if it stated der has anyone condemn it as a sacrifice for an idol pls mind ur utterances
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by cbrass(m): 6:47am On Oct 05, 2014
swankylay:
Sm1 should give me one good reason why not to eat it n I will counter u with many good reasons to eat it.

It is gluttony that will kill you, if you are so much in love with meat then go to market and buy yours rather than eat the one sacrificed to idols and for idolatry intent

Read Rev2:20
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Olaone1: 6:47am On Oct 05, 2014
Some Christians on this thread are stupid and myopic.

Hypocrites, they are undecided undecided

Let me call my Muslim nigga for another round of sallah meat jare

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.