Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. (18416 Views)

Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands / Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia / What Is So Special About The iPhone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
jmaine:

It remains your personal opinion and not what is obtainable elsewhere . . . .
it is boring.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
slinkman:
it is boring.
how? It isnt boring to me infact android is
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
If its not the os,why is iphone 4 with 512mb ram and ìphone5 with 1gb ram and duo core outperform most android of 1 and 2 gig ram with quadcore?...both ios and windows os re almost flawless that it can make low specs device behave like high spec device.its actuall poor android os dat makes samsung and co increase their specs to compensate the poor OS....if u doubt,compare htc m8 for windows and htc m8 for android and see the difference.
parrotibaba:
ppl still don't get it do they? dat a 512 RAM phone out performing a 1g RAM phone has nothing to do with d OS but with d chip sets n d number of cores
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
trishguy:
how? It isnt boring to me infact android is
seriously boring because, it has few apps. the os with the least app
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
martineverest:
If its not the os,why is iphone 4 with 512mb ram and ìphone5 with 1gb ram and duo core outperform most android of 1 and 2 gig ram with quadcore?...both ios and windows os re almost flawless that it can make low specs device behave like high spec device.its actuall poor android os dat makes samsung and co increase their specs to compensate the poor OS....if u doubt,compare htc m8 for windows and htc m8 for android and see the difference.
and yet Android leads as the most use and best customizable os.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
Its because of almost flawless ios that makes most americans,europeans and japaneses, who use fone for heavy task,go for iphone at any cost;because it gives dem little problem and it because of the cheapness and variety of android that make most people go for it.lack of apps in windows make people ditch the OS.i bet u,once unified window10 is released,most westerners ll ditch android device for windows devices for many reasons....which are:better optimization and integration of hardware and software,universality of application,popularity of pc and better connectivity with integrability between microsoft devices(xbox console,lumia,surfaces,servers etc)...those are actually d secreate behind apple's success
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
slinkman:
seriously boring because, it has few apps. the os with the least app
wat did u say muhahaahh wat about symbian moxilla firefox smartisen how many apps do they have an dyou just conclude dat windows phone has d lowest apps yeah +n your dreams wat about bb and dont tell me you can run android apps talk about d bb app store not 3rd party stores
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
trishguy:
wat did u say muhahaahh wat about symbian moxilla firefox smartisen how many apps do they have an dyou just conclude dat windows phone has d lowest apps yeah +n your dreams wat about bb and dont tell me you can run android apps talk about d bb app store not 3rd party stores
yes bb can run Android apps, windows can't, and Symbian and firefox are dead os, but if you choose to compare the almighty windows os to symbian then you are welcome to smiley
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ask him how many of the almost 400k window apps has he used?windows has almost all the popular apps availabe,xcept banks,companies etc apps.most of the 1m apps in android are useless.
trishguy:
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
martineverest:
Ask him how many of the almost 400k window apps has he used?windows has almost all the popular apps availabe,xcept banks,companies etc apps.most of the 1m apps in android are useless.
even me dat ma frnds tell dat i download too many apps and games has only 300 nd sumtin games and apps k you guys are shouting android y dont you take dat ur shitty google phone and go to d playstore and type torchlight app den you will undstand

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
trishguy:
even me dat ma frnds tell dat i download too many apps and games has only 300 nd sumtin games and apps k you guys are shouting android y dont you take dat ur shitty google phone and go to d playstore and type torchlight app den you will undstand
but still they compared both phones same hardware and everything, the htc one m8 for Android and the htc one m8 for windows, and the Android version smokes it out. Android has modules, android have apps, Android have widgets, android have launcherd, android have motion sensors. Lord should i continue on how you should never bring that os into comparrisson with android? go use your windows, even nokia realises this too late and made an Android phone.. i can flawlessly turn my Android into a windows phone if i wanted, but why would i ever?

http://recombu.com/mobile/article/htc-one-m8-vs-htc-one-m8-for-windows_M20771.html
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
Yeah bb can run android apps but not all.bb is under AOSP just like amazon firefox.it can only use selected apps from android.amazon only have 250k apps,which is the largest in AOSP,so xpect bb to be less dan dat
slinkman:
yes bb can run Android apps, windows can't, and Symbian and firefox are dead os, but if you choose to compare the almighty windows os to symbian then you are welcome to smiley
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
[size=20pt]TURN YOUR ANDROID INTO A WINDOWS, IF YOU WANT TO[/size] but why would anyone want to.

http://blog.en.uptodown.com/turn-your-android-cell-phone-into-a-windows-phone/
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
martineverest:
Yeah bb can run android apps but not all.bb is under AOSP just like amazon firefox.it can only use selected apps from android.amazon only have 250k apps,which is the largest in AOSP,so xpect bb to be less dan dat
and an Android user who isn't on aosp can easily download apps from playstore and transfer to a bb user, but wtf do you mean by aosp? do you realise the cyanogen android community are based on aosp? do you realise that aosp is the default android skin, that every other skin like sense, touchwiz and miui are themed aosp framework.res? ofcourse you wouldn't
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Microsoft stopped making android.have u ever compared nokia x2 with 1GB ram and lumia 630 or 520 with 512 ram..those parameters u listed on htc are not the major benchmarks.htc windows became d second fastest fone of all time,snaps better picture,better display and save 70 percent more battery charge.
slinkman:
but still they compared both phones same hardware and everything, the htc one m8 for Android and the htc one m8 for windows, and the Android version smokes it out. Android has modules, android have apps, Android have widgets, android have launcherd, android have motion sensors. Lord should i continue on how you should never bring that os into comparrisson with android? go use your windows, even nokia realises this too late and made an Android phone.. i can flawlessly turn my Android into a windows phone if i wanted, but why would i ever?

http://recombu.com/mobile/article/htc-one-m8-vs-htc-one-m8-for-windows_M20771.html
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
martineverest:
Microsoft stopped making android.have u ever compared nokia x2 with 1GB ram and lumia 630 or 520 with 512 ram..those parameters u listed on htc are not the major benchmarks.htc windows became d second fastest fone of all time,snaps better picture,better display and save 70 percent more battery charge.
the only truth in your statement is the saves battery, but it only saves 20percent more battery and not 70percent. dont bring unsure statements
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
slinkman:

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
windows was compared to Android and guess what Android blew it away. according to source windows os are seen as underdogs trying to play catch up, but still not.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Android-L-vs-Windows-Phone-8.1-Guess-whos-catching-up_id58004
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
Yeah,but cyanogen is a ROM software writer for android devices and its independent.dats y microsoft signed a deal with dem to make r.o.m for windows.this was one of the major reasons y google tried to buy cyanogen,but it refused
slinkman:
and an Android user who isn't on aosp can easily download apps from playstore and transfer to a bb user, but wtf do you mean by aosp? do you realise the cyanogen android community are based on aosp? do you realise that aosp is the default android skin, that every other skin like sense, touchwiz and miui are themed aosp framework.res? ofcourse you wouldn't
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
DO I NEED TO SAY MORE? PIC BELOWS SAYS IT ALL.

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
martineverest:
Yeah,but cyanogen is a ROM software writer for android devices and its independent.dats y microsoft signed a deal with dem to make r.o.m for windows.this was one of the major reasons y google tried to buy cyanogen,but it refused
cyanogen is a developer group company and not a rom software writer. cyanogen is not a person but a group of developers originated from xda. and what has cyanogen got to do with anything? what makes bb not run all Android apps is the absence of google play service and not cyanogen aosp whatever, what has your previous post got to do with anything?
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
U should be comparing android L with window 10.cos both are not existing yet.not 8.1 with 6months existence.just wait for win 10....android ll deminish
slinkman:
windows was compared to Android and guess what Android blew it away. according to source windows os are seen as underdogs trying to play catch up, but still not.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Android-L-vs-Windows-Phone-8.1-Guess-whos-catching-up_id58004
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
martineverest:
U should be comparing android L with window 10.cos both are not existing yet.not 8.1 with 6months existence.just wait for win 10....android ll deminish
i will wait for windows 10, to see the diminish grin.
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
@slinkman i dont know y am unable to quote you in d pic dat is wp7 which is d 1st version even ios didnt have cut and paste in version 1 compare wp8:1 to android not wp7 dats like comparing ios8 2 android 1.0
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
Of course i know cyanogen is a group of developers like the formally minecraft.they write default rom for android devices.........ios also have google play services,does it run google apps?. Bb 10.3 is under AOSP.simple.
slinkman:
cyanogen is a developer group company and not a rom software writer. cyanogen is not a person but a group of developers originated from xda. and what has cyanogen got to do with anything? what makes bb not run all Android apps is the absence of google play service and not cyanogen aosp whatever, what has your previous post got to do with anything?
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
trishguy:
@slinkman i dont know y am unable to quote you in d pic dat is wp7 which is d 1st version even ios didnt have cut and paste in version 1 compare wp8:1 to android not wp7 dats like comparing ios8 2 android 1.0
i compared wp8.1 to Android in my former link up and android still blew it off, but nevertheless

even after the window 8.1 the review tech giant said windows was underdog playing catch up, but still couldn't.

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
you know what am tired of typing to tell u sumtin slinkman buy a lumia 530 and if u live in d us buy a blu win jr and tell me ur opinion uh last bullet: cant you do more dan nagging
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
slinkman:
i compared wp8.1 to Android in my former link up and android still blew it off, but nevertheless

even after the window 8.1 the review tech giant said windows was underdog playing catch up, but still couldn't.

who told you they are review giant muhahahahahhahahahahhaha
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
martineverest:
Of course i know cyanogen is a group of developers like the formally minecraft.they write default rom for android devices.........ios also have google play services,does it run google apps?. Bb 10.3 is under AOSP.simple.
ios doesn't have google play service, get your facts right. do you know what google play service is? you think a phone company can just port google play service into any os, with an android framework.res? even the nokia x2, didn't add the google play service to their Android phone and that was why they were unable to run some major apps and not fully Android. why do you think blackberry did all they did but still couldn't add the google play service? for a phone to have google play service it must leave its os and become Android. blackberry has nothing to do with aosp, aosp doesn't determine the apps you run. aosp is simply a type of android skin. dude please i thought you were much educated on the tech scene before arguments? don't argue with imaginations

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
trishguy:
you know what am tired of typing to tell u sumtin slinkman buy a lumia 530 and if u live in d us buy a blu win jr and tell me ur opinion uh last bullet: cant you do more dan nagging
i don't nag, i inspire. the great don't nag, Android tops the window, and i roll the Android way. ciao
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
you guys should talk
Viewing this topic: slinkman(m), trishguy, sudonym(m),
Treyknowles, festwiz(m), martineverest(m)
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
trishguy:
who told you they are review giant muhahahahahhahahahahhaha
google.com told me phonearena are review giants, you are also open to bring maybe your own real review giants if mine is wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience / See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update / Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.