Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:08 PM

What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. (18817 Views)

Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands / Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia / What Is So Special About The iPhone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by dazekid(m): 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
And as far as market share goes,iOS remains the king because the market share that android holds is based on a combination of all android OEMS which as far as I know are over 50 compared with iOS where apple is the only OEM.If you were to rate OS superiority by market share then iOS takes it home by far based on that pie chart that flawless posted.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
flawless911:
I believe the aim of this thread has been met

The OP asked wats so special about Windows phone
Obviously Nothing

So can we shut down this party? undecided
Lol.. You are right.. There z nothing special about the crap

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mention:

Lol.. You are right.. There z nothing special about the crap
dat crap is wat i love and use wat my mum and dad and 3 siblings use captcha!
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by tempem: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mention:

Hmmmmmm... So which would you go for between a BB Bold5/6 and a lumia 520??
I personally would prefer the BB!!
No sir, I'll go with a lumia 520

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
flawless911:
Ask Cortana undecided
Abi na only worldcup she sabi predict? grin
LWKMD
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
trishguy:
dat crap is wat i love and use wat my mum and dad and 3 siblings use captcha!
I guess Gates is ya GrandPa

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
tempem:

No sir, I'll go with a lumia 520
Strictly ya choice
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mention:

wink
Mention:

no my uncle na :winks:
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
Windows 10 ll be calamitous to linux,ios,android and mac...imagine u buy an app from windows store,u ll use it for tablet,fone,xbox and pc;imagine developing apps for 1.5 billion pcs(a dream for developers),imagine the likes of samsung,lg and co quickly rushing to produce window phones(an unsaturated platform) to compensate their falling sales in oversaturated android after a sudden rise in window world.
Moreover, win 10 ll surely reduce pc to ur pocket.how?the major difference btw pc and phone is heavy tasking.intel recently reduced processor chips to 14nm,meaning its smaller for phone usage.imagine producing a core ì7 processor with improved gpu for phones with 64 bits and ssh storage and 4 and above gb ram.what have u got? A pocket pc...u can virtually do anythin with ur fone.dats was y dey moved lumia 1530 to 2015,intel delayed the new broadwell processor to next year....imagine a 3d fone with cortana and kinect technology.u ll probably use a fone without touching it....win 10,what an evolution.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
trishguy:
wink no my uncle na :winks:
Lol.. I thought as much...
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by tempem: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mention:

Strictly ya choice
Over bold5....I don't hate bb
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
tempem:

Over bold5....I don't hate bb
Ok
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by jmaine: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
martineverest:
Windows 10 ll be calamitous to linux,ios,android and mac...imagine u buy an app from windows store,u ll use it for tablet,fone,xbox and pc;imagine developing apps for 1.5 billion pcs(a dream for developers),imagine the likes of samsung,lg and co quickly rushing to produce window phones(an unsaturated platform) to compensate their falling sales in oversaturated android after a sudden rise in window world.
Moreover, win 10 ll surely reduce pc to ur pocket.how?the major difference btw pc and phone is heavy tasking.intel recently reduced processor chips to 14nm,meaning its smaller for phone usage.imagine producing a core ì7 processor with improved gpu for phones with 64 bits and ssh storage and 4 and above gb ram.what have u got? A pocket pc...u can virtually do anythin with ur fone.dats was y dey moved lumia 1530 to 2015,intel delayed the new broadwell processor to next year....imagine a 3d fone with cortana and kinect technology.u ll probably use a fone without touching it....win 10,what an evolution.

Windows One or 10 is the end game . . . It will seriously disrupt the market and make the competition cowered with sheer intimidating potential . . .

WPhone/PC/Tabletz/Xbox Consoles all connected seamlessly in an ecosystem with immeasurable possibilities . . .

Already the synergy between my windows phone and my Xbox live account is there . . . Then imagine what Win 10 will offer to humanity grin

Sheer Bliss . . . .cool
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by festwiz(m): 6:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
jmaine:

Windows One or 10 is the end game . . . It will seriously disrupt the market and make the competition cowered with sheer intimidating potential . . .

WPhone/PC/Tabletz/Xbox Consoles all connected seamlessly in an ecosystem with immeasurable possibilities . . .

Already the synergy between my windows phone and my Xbox live account is there . . . Then imagine what Win 10 will offer to humanity grin

Sheer Bliss . . . .cool
yeah bro it's just a must buy am holding out a bit to see what goes.
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by jmaine: 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
festwiz:
yeah bro it's just a must buy am holding out a bit to see what goes.

Wise decision, i have finally stemmed my temptation to upgrade to the 830 simply because of Windows 10 . . . .

It is a must buy oo !! grin
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
jmaine:

Wise decision, i have finally stemmed my temptation to upgrade to the 830 simply because of Windows 10 . . . .

u better buy it cus it will be upgradable and windows 10 for phone is not coming out till mid or late 2015
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
Android still ruling. Android still the king, haha, google a free oem will stand back and just watch the window 10 rule? haha, seems these dudes don't know google. Android still the king, many years to come android still ruling. when it comes to computers, i give it to gates, but coming to phones? windows is and will always be an underdog, come win10, 11,20. grin

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by jmaine: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
trishguy:
u better buy it cus it will be upgradable and windows 10 for phone is not coming out till mid or late 2015

I did rather wait to pick it up than develop HBP seeking for update reports like I did for the 8.1 grin
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by slinkman(m): 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
haha, Android, customized, i can download from instagram, video, photo, i can download from YouTube, i play any video extension. i playing god of war through pspp Gold. i love you Android grin

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by martineverest(m): 6:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
All windows phone 8 from lumia 520 will be upgradable to win 10...microsoft promise dat
jmaine:

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by jmaine: 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
martineverest:
All windows phone 8 from lumia 520 will be upgradable to win 10...microsoft promise dat

Don't you feel it might slow down the current WP8.1 devices . . . ?
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by flawless911(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
Well, Windows 10 is definitely going to be a nice upgrade to the already lifeless Windows Phone ecosystem

But as usual, it all boils down to personal preference

So To Each His Own

Twas fun hanging out with u guys dis evenin..

Ciao

#Back to mah PES 14 on PPSSPP# wink

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by weezii(m): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
Please a quick question guys,

How do I disable the network connection on Lumia 520 as it gulps up airtime whenever the sim is recharged. No data subscription on it though
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
flawless911:
Well, Windows 10 is definitely going to be a nice upgrade to the already lifeless Windows Phone ecosystem

But as usual, it all boils down to personal preference

So To Each His Own

Twas fun hanging out with u guys dis evenin..

Ciao

#Back to mah PES 14 on PPSSPP# wink
Lol.. Thanks for coming to my aid..
BTW what difficulty are you playing?

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
weezii:
Please a quick question guys,

How do I disable the network connection on Lumia 520 as it gulps up airtime whenever the sim is recharged. No data subscription on it though
Go to settings, then mobile network..
You would see data connection there, turn it off
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by weezii(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mention:

Go to settings, then mobile network..
You would see data connection there, turn it off

That was fast. Thanks for the reply bro. Lemme go fix it
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by flawless911(m): 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mention:

Lol.. Thanks for coming to my aid..
BTW what difficulty are you playing?
Top Player.. U nko?
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
flawless911:
Top Player.. U nko?
Aint on droid.. Used to play regular then
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Mention(m): 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
weezii:

That was fast. Thanks for the reply bro. Lemme go fix it
Uwc...

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
yay all lagdroid fanboys av gone on a more serious note who knows wen d lumia 730 would be released
Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Baddestguyp(m): 1:12am On Oct 06, 2014
dazekid:
And as far as market share goes,iOS remains the king because the market share that android holds is based on a combination of all android OEMS which as far as I know are over 50 compared with iOS where apple is the only OEM.If you were to rate OS superiority by market share then iOS takes it home by far based on that pie chart that flawless posted.
cool down Samsung still leads world market

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. by Baddestguyp(m): 1:27am On Oct 06, 2014
festwiz:
you don't need an antivirus right? Hmmm i see the truth now.
I also don't use one and virus never near my phone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Infinix Unveils The Zero 6 Flagship Device To Nigeria / Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone / Gionee Marathon M3 Mini Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.