Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,290 members, 7,811,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. (58806 Views)

Cost Of Borehole In Different Areas / Cost Of Borehole Drilling In Okota, Lagos / Cost Of Borehole Drilling In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 11:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
Project: Periodic maintenance of installed water treatment plant.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2019
Project: Borehole drilling.

Location: Location: Nora Adebanjo Street, Eputu, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos State.

Please, contact us for all your Borehole drilling projects, Water treatment, Geotechnical data acquisition (soil test), Piling, Geophysical survey, etc.
(www.olivewell.com.ng).
+2348099405096, +2347055722800, +2348084019485.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
Project: Geophysical survey for a suitable underground water.

Lekki-Epe Expressway, Eti-Osa L.G.A.
Lagos State.

Always contact us for all your Borehole drilling projects, Water treatment, Geotechnical data acquisition (soil test), Piling, Geophysical survey, etc.
(www.olivewell.com.ng).

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by CruzJoe(m): 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
Pls when is the best season for drilling borehole, during rainy season or dry season?

I know u can drill during any season... But which one is mostly recommended.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by essenceplus: 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ibinwanne:

Lagos State.

Always contact us for all your Borehole drilling projects, Water treatment, Geotechnical data acquisition (soil test), Piling, Geophysical survey, etc.
(www.olivewell.com.ng).

https://www.nairaland.com/5141821/borehole-120-150-meters-deep#77663734
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:56am On Apr 19, 2019
CruzJoe:
Pls when is the best season for drilling borehole, during rainy season or dry season?

I know u can drill during any season... But which one is mostly recommended.
Thank you for your question. Since you already know that you can drill in any season, if you're looking at the general cost, especially in a situation whereby you have to buy water from water vendors for the drilling operations, in that particular case, you can wait till the peak of the raining season so that you can store enough rain water to serve you during the drilling proper, remember that is only applicable in a situation whereby you don't want to spend extra money to buy water for drilling. This is not applicable in locations where we do hammering. But generally speaking, you can drill a borehole whenever you're ready. If the drilling project is in a location where residents complain so much that their boreholes do dry up during the peak of the dry season, that could be as a result of the borehole design and completion, fluctuations in the water table or tapping from an unconfined aquifer. So in cases like the one I mentioned above, I always advice the clients to drill during the peak of the dry season so as to tap from the (confined) productive freshwater aquifer. I hope that this will be helpful, let me know if there is any other thing you will like us to help you sort out. Thanks a million.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 11:04am On Apr 19, 2019
essenceplus:

https://www.nairaland.com/5141821/borehole-120-150-meters-deep#77663734
Thank you for your interest in our organization, we sincerely appreciate it. Could you kindly give me an idea of the location so as to give you a very competitive quote. Thanking you in anticipation.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by CruzJoe(m): 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ibinwanne:
Thank you for your question. Since you already know that you can drill in any season, if you're looking at the general cost, especially in a situation whereby you have to buy water from water vendors for the drilling operations, in that particular case, you can wait till the peak of the raining season so that you can store enough rain water to serve you during the drilling proper, remember that is only applicable in a situation whereby you don't want to spend extra money to buy water for drilling. This is not applicable in locations where we do hammering. But generally speaking, you can drill a borehole whenever you're ready. If the drilling project is in a location where residents complain so much that their boreholes do dry up during the peak of the dry season, that could be as a result of the borehole design and completion, fluctuations in the water table or tapping from an unconfined aquifer. So in cases like the one I mentioned above, I always advice the clients to drill during the peak of the dry season so as to tap from the (confined) productive freshwater aquifer. I hope that this will be helpful, let me know if there is any other thing you will like us to help you sort out. Thanks a million.

thanks.... yes....u mentioned my fear of during the dry season..... the water will go down thereby making it insufficient ......like the way well water does........

Am not in a hurry......I just want the best..... the actual period to get the best.......

I guess from your explanation..... to be on safer side........drill during dry season....

Does drilling during the dry season have any other extra cost except buying of water to use in the drilling.....?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by OALandAgents: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2019
nice smiley
Ibinwanne:
My name is uche oliver, I am a geologist. I work for OLIVE WELL NIGERIA LIMITED, the company is involved in borehole drilling, water treatment, geo-physical survey, soil test analysis, water reticulation, installation of over-head tanks, project management, environmental impact assessment, project quality auditing, etc.You can contact me through the following numbers 08036745944, 08099405096, 08084019485 or e-mail:olivewellnigeria@yahoo.com, bb-pin:7f7a69d7. Let me start with borehole drilling. In carrying out borehole drilling projects, there are certain tricks being played by quacks in other to cheat clients out of their money and the essence of this is for you to avoid such tricks. Before I go on, I advice every prospective client to entrust a geologist with his borehole project. The quacks will always tell you such things like, oga water dey very far from here, we need to drill up to 120 fts before we can get good water. The truth is that they are being economical with the facts and at the same time ready to compromise project materials quality, it is important for the client to be aware that we have different borehole types, depending on your water need and affordability. We have scientific modeled shallow borehole, direct shallow borehole and industrial(deepwell) borehole. Each one of these borehole types is designed to serve a particular purpose different from the other. In carrying out a drilling project, whether in the basement complex or sedimentary terrain, certain factors like underground water contaminants, depth of the fresh water aquifer, productivity of the well, septic contamination, mineralogical composition of the project site, salinity, etc, should be taken into consideration. At this point, a geo-physical survey is highly recommended. Geo-physical survey is a scientific method of acquiring geological and hydro-geological features of the earth through some standard recommendations and adopted applications. The acquisition of geomorphorlogical and hydrological data helps both the client and the geologist to make a better judgement.
SCIENTIFIC MODELED SHALLOW BOREHOLE: This borehole type is specifically designed for challenging environments like lekki, ajah, apapa, victoria island, ikoyi, satellite town, sangotedo, lagos island, etc. It is scientifically modeled taking into consideration the challenges of underground water contamination in such areas, it is saline free, odour free, bacteria free, particles free. It is efficiently productive, antiseptic assured, neater, safer, sustainability assured and extensively durable. It is basically designed for private or domestic use.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 12:17am On Apr 23, 2019
CruzJoe:

thanks.... yes....u mentioned my fear of during the dry season..... the water will go down thereby making it insufficient ......like the way well water does........

Am not in a hurry......I just want the best..... the actual period to get the best.......

I guess from your explanation..... to be on safer side........drill during dry season....

Does drilling during the dry season have any other extra cost except buying of water to use in the drilling.....?
It is very very safe to drill at any time of the year, all you need to do is to engage the services of a qualified Geologist who will ensure that he gets to the productive freshwater aquifer. Many clients do not engage the trained professionals in their drilling projects, that is partly responsible for some of the complains we get from clients in some locations about their boreholes drying up in the peak of the dry season. But you're the client, you decide when it will be convenient for you to embark on your borehole project, if you're more comfortable carrying it out during the dry season, there is nothing wrong with that, is your choice. Like I said earlier, the major thing you will worry about is water for the drilling operations, but again that depends on the project location, is not applicable everywhere. Thanks a lot.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by CruzJoe(m): 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2019
thanks bro..........
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by CruzJoe(m): 6:03pm On Apr 23, 2019
where is your base?........ I meet one driller and asked him price to drill....

He said if I want the best one... I should bring. Bleep amount which is higher

Does it mean there re different types.....what makes it different types?

pls how many pipes re supposed to be buried in the ground.......

Can I chat you on WhatsApp.... mine is under this comment

thanks
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
CruzJoe:
where is your base?........ I meet one driller and asked him price to drill....

He said if I want the best one... I should bring. Bleep amount which is higher

Does it mean there re different types.....what makes it different types?

pls how many pipes re supposed to be buried in the ground.......

Can I chat you on WhatsApp.... mine is under this comment

thanks
Thanks a lot for your reply. You can always chat me up any time you feel like, I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by CruzJoe(m): 9:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ibinwanne:
Thanks a lot for your reply. You can always chat me up any time you feel like, I look forward to hearing from you.

your WhatsApp number number pls
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2019
CruzJoe:

your WhatsApp number number pls
08099405096, 07055722800. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a million.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
Project: Borehole drilling project.

Lagos State.

(www.olivewell.com.ng).

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:45pm On May 24, 2019
Project: Commencement of deep well drilling.

Lagos State.

Please, contact us for all your Borehole drilling projects, Water treatment, Reverse Osmosis( RO), Geotechnical data acquisition (soil test), Piling, Geophysical survey, etc.
(www.olivewell.com.ng ).

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:55pm On May 24, 2019

Location: Odogbolu Street, Off Adetola Street, Aguda, Surulere, Lagos State.

Please, contact us for all your Borehole drilling projects, Water treatment, Reverse osmosis (RO), Geotechnical data acquisition (soil test), Piling, Geophysical survey, etc.
(www.olivewell.com.ng).

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 12:40am On Jun 01, 2019
Project: Geotechnical Data Acquisition ( Cone Penetration Test). This soil test type is used to determine the Geotechnical engineering properties of the soils as well as assessing the subsurface stratigraphy.

Location: Adisa Balogun Street, By Alakpere Police Station, Ketu, Lagos State.

Please, contact us for all your Borehole drilling projects, Water treatment, Reverse osmosis (RO), Geotechnical data acquisition (soil test), Piling, Geophysical survey, etc.
(www.olivewell.com.ng ).
E-mail: info@olivewell.com.ng

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 12:55am On Jun 01, 2019
Project: Completed borehole drilling project.

Lagos State.

Please, contact us for all your Borehole drilling projects, Water treatment, Reverse Osmosis( RO), Geotechnical data acquisition (soil test), Piling, Geophysical survey, etc.
(www.olivewell.com.ng ).
E-mail: info@olivewell.com.ng.

335 . Ibinwanne (m ): Quote Post

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by manmidtexy(m): 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
Ibinwanne, You are wrong, Reason we Nigerians don't grow by trying to improvise new ideas to bring solutions for the people.

With my little experience globally in borehole / Direct PV electricity i.e Solar Borehole water pumping.

All are well, either very wide or narrow on diameter by the White color which we learn most of all basic knowledge from.

uote author=Ibinwanne post=44757638]Thanks a lot for your interest in our organisation, we sincerely appreciate it. Unfortunately, well and borehole are too different things entirely, borehole is drilled to the fresh water aquifer, whereas well is dug to the point that the man digging it feels is unsafe for him to continue digging, either because he thinks he has gotten water or the conditions in which he finds himself inside the hole does not support life any longer, in that case, he tells you that everything is fine, collects his balance if your owing him any and disappears. So, to answer your question directly, you cannot convert well to a borehole. But whoever that wants to do the drilling can drill through the hole, depending on the kind of equipment he is using, some of the manual methods of drilling may not support that. Thanks a lot. [/quote]
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
manmidtexy:
Ibinwanne, You are wrong, Reason we Nigerians don't grow by trying to improvise new ideas to bring solutions for the people.

With my little experience globally in borehole / Direct PV electricity i.e Solar Borehole water pumping.

All are well, either very wide or narrow on diameter by the White color which we learn most of all basic knowledge from. Ok my brother, I sincerely appreciate your view, I have seen and experienced enough to advice my clients to drill a borehole against drilling a well, basically the difference may not be much depending on how you look at it and where you're considering it from. Borehole is simply regarded as a bored hole, the major difference between the two may be in their diameter, well is usually larger than a borehole in diameter. There is no argument that well produces water as well and it can be drilled to depth depending on the environment, we know that in Nigeria, well is usually dug by hand, machine can used in digging a well, we all know what is obtainable in Nigeria, let us not go into whether it is prone to contamination more than borehole or not, one fact I will like you to understand is that the main advantage of a borehole is that it is possible to penetrate the freshwater aquifer to a greater depth ensuring a reliable supply in times of drought or high usage, this is the reality. I remember that I once lived in a compound in Lagos where we had to bring some people to go inside the well periodically to evacuate sand from the well in other to ensure better water supply, because the well was constantly drying up, I remember those men telling us when we pressurize them to evacuate more sand from the hole that they were finding it difficult breathing down there, even the ones that came with oxygen concentrator even complaine of the difficulty introducing oxygen into the hole at certain depths for their man to breath or the wall of the well collapsing. I have dug wells and boreholes in different terrains, I know that drilling a very deep well is a very difficult business, and drilling it in a basement complex is even more difficult. I will always advice my clients to drill a borehole against digging a well, maybe I have preference for it. Thanks a lot my brother.

uote author=Ibinwanne post=44757638]Thanks a lot for your interest in our organisation, we sincerely appreciate it. Unfortunately, well and borehole are too different things entirely, borehole is drilled to the fresh water aquifer, whereas well is dug to the point that the man digging it feels is unsafe for him to continue digging, either because he thinks he has gotten water or the conditions in which he finds himself inside the hole does not support life any longer, in that case, he tells you that everything is fine, collects his balance if your owing him any and disappears. So, to answer your question directly, you cannot convert well to a borehole. But whoever that wants to do the drilling can drill through the hole, depending on the kind of equipment he is using, some of the manual methods of drilling may not support that. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
manmidtexy:

All are well, either very wide or narrow on diameter by the White color which we learn most of all basic knowledge from.

uote author=Ibinwanne post=44757638]Thanks a lot for your interest in our organisation, we sincerely appreciate it. Unfortunately, well and borehole are too different things entirely, borehole is drilled to the fresh water aquifer, whereas well is dug to the point that the man digging it feels is unsafe for him to continue digging, either because he thinks he has gotten water or the conditions in which he finds himself inside the hole does not support life any longer, in that case, he tells you that everything is fine, collects his balance if your owing him any and disappears. So, to answer your question directly, you cannot convert well to a borehole. But whoever that wants to do the drilling can drill through the hole, depending on the kind of equipment he is using, some of the manual methods of drilling may not support that. Thanks a lot.
Ok my brother, I sincerely appreciate your view, I have seen and experienced enough to advice my clients to drill a borehole against drilling a well, basically the difference may not be much depending on how you look at it and where you're considering it from. Borehole is simply regarded as a bored hole, the major difference between the two may be in their diameter, well is usually larger than a borehole in diameter. There is no argument that well produces water as well and it can be drilled to depth depending on the environment, we know that in Nigeria, well is usually dug by hand, machine can used in digging a well, we all know what is obtainable in Nigeria, let us not go into whether it is prone to contamination more than borehole or not, one fact I will like you to understand is that the main advantage of a borehole is that it is possible to penetrate the freshwater aquifer to a greater depth ensuring a reliable supply in times of drought or high usage, this is the reality. I remember that I once lived in a compound in Lagos where we had to bring some people to go inside the well periodically to evacuate sand from the well in other to ensure better water supply, because the well was constantly drying up, I remember those men telling us when we pressurize them to evacuate more sand from the hole that they were finding it difficult breathing down there, even the ones that came with oxygen concentrator even complain of the difficulty introducing oxygen into the hole at certain depths for their man to breath or the wall of the well collapsing. I have dug wells and boreholes in different terrains, I know that drilling a very deep well is a very difficult business, and drilling it in a basement complex is even more difficult. I will always advice my clients to drill a borehole against digging a well, maybe I have preference for it. Converting well to a borehole is strenuous, it requires a lot and in most cases it requires one to drill deeper through the already dug well to the freshwater aquifer, gravel packing the hole because of the diameter as well as grouting the hole are some of the major challenges why I think it doesn't make any sense converting a well to a borehole because of the cost implication, coupled with the fact that not too many drillers in Nigeria would want to drill a borehole through an already dug well. Thanks a million my brother.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by badboygood: 2:54am On Jun 11, 2019
Ibinwanne, I just had a borehole dug like 4 days ago. Now when we pump water from it, the water is clear and clean but then over time it turns brown. Is this normal and is it something that can be rectified?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2019
badboygood:
Ibinwanne, I just had a borehole dug like 4 days ago. Now when we pump water from it, the water is clear and clean but then over time it turns brown. Is this normal and is it something that can be rectified?
Where is the location? I will advice you to still pump and observe the borehole water for at least one more week, in the event that the result remains the same, you will therefore install a water treatment plant to purify the water. Thanks in anticipation of hearing from you.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Samaras: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ibinwanne:
Where is the location? I will advice you to still pump and observe the borehole water for at least one more week, in the event that the result remains the same, you will therefore install a water treatment plant to purify the water. Thanks in anticipation of hearing from you.

Good day sir. I sent you a mail last week requesting for a borehole drill quotation. Still expecting your reply.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by badboygood: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ibinwanne:

Ok, thanks. I'll wait and see. Location is in Surulere
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2019
Samaras:

Good day sir. I sent you a mail last week requesting for a borehole drill quotation. Still expecting your reply.
Sorry about that, I didn't see the mail. Kindly send the mail to info@olivewell.com.ng or olivewellnigeria@yahoo.com. I will get back to you as soon as I receive it. Thanks a lot.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 12:19am On Jun 17, 2019
Project: Geotechnical Data Acquisition (Standard Penetration Test). This soil test type is the most frequently used subsurface exploration drilling test performed worldwide, the test provides samples for identification purposes and provides a measure of penetration resistance which can be used for geotechnical design purposes.

Location: Adisa Balogun Street, By Alakpere Police Station, Ketu, Lagos State.

(www.olivewell.com.ng ).

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 12:36am On Jun 17, 2019

Kindly contact us for your Borehole drilling projects, Geotechnical data acquisition (soil test), Water treatment, Piling, Geophysical survey, Reverse Osmosis(RO).

(www.olivewell.com.ng).
Tel: +2348099405096, +2347055722800, +2348084019485.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2019
How much will you drill around Maryland/Anthony area in Lagos ?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2019
chloe00:
How much will you drill around Maryland/Anthony area in Lagos ?
Thank you for your interest in our organization, we sincerely appreciate it. Please, kindly chat me up on any of the following numbers: 08099405096, 07055722800, or email us on: info@olivewell.com.ng. You can equally visit any of our offices on Island at Shop C7, Loto Shopping Complex, Opp. Fara Estate, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos. or on the mainland at 9A, Kayode Adebanji Street, Oke-Afa, Isolo, Lagos. Thanking you in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Meet Said Jammal, The Owner Of The Aeroplane House In Abuja / Funny Picture: House With Over 15 Satellite Dishes / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.