Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. (58752 Views)

Cost Of Borehole In Different Areas / Cost Of Borehole Drilling In Okota, Lagos / Cost Of Borehole Drilling In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by kingboy(m): 8:04am On Mar 05, 2016
Your e- mail and or WhatsApp no pls
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 8:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
kingboy:
Your e- mail and or WhatsApp no pls
olivewellnigeria@yahoo.com. 08099405096.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
Borehole Project @ Ologolo, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by ice4u999(m): 5:14am On Apr 10, 2016
Have you drilled any borehole around Ibeju-Lekki area? And if yes, would you advice drilling shallow and risk possibly using containmented water or go very deep to the clean underground water?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
ice4u999:
Have you drilled any borehole around Ibeju-Lekki area? And if yes, would you advice drilling shallow and risk possibly using containmented water or go very deep to the clean underground water?
Thanks a lot, I have done so many jobs in ibeju-lekki and it's environs. We need to know the purpose for which you want to drill the borehole, for instance, is it for domestic or industrial usage? What is your budget like? Kindly let me know so that I can advice you properly. Thanking you in anticipation.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Borehole project executed for Moore Design Engineering Limited, beside second lekki toll gate, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by ice4u999(m): 12:29am On Apr 16, 2016
Ibinwanne:
Thanks a lot, I have done so many jobs in ibeju-lekki and it's environs. We need to know the purpose for which you want to drill the borehole, for instance, is it for domestic or industrial usage? What is your budget like? Kindly let me know so that I can advice you properly. Thanking you in anticipation.

The purpose is for domestic use and as for the budget it is flexible as long as the water will never be exposed to containments of any kind, no salt and drinkable with little to no treatment
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Chelseafan1: 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
I wanna make an enquiry, I wanna know if it's possible to change a well that has just been dug into a borehole drilling, I mean the well has been dug to water level but it's dirty and muddy, is it possible to continue the work as borehole drilling to get a neater and clearer water, the well with then be covered after installing the borehole pipes and everything that needs to be done, I want to know it its possible.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
Chelseafan1:
I wanna make an enquiry, I wanna know if it's possible to change a well that has just been dug into a borehole drilling, I mean the well has been dug to water level but it's dirty and muddy, is it possible to continue the work as borehole drilling to get a neater and clearer water, the well with then be covered after installing the borehole pipes and everything that needs to be done, I want to know it its possible.
Thanks a lot for your interest in our organisation, we sincerely appreciate it. Unfortunately, well and borehole are too different things entirely, borehole is drilled to the fresh water aquifer, whereas well is dug to the point that the man digging it feels is unsafe for him to continue digging, either because he thinks he has gotten water or the conditions in which he finds himself inside the hole does not support life any longer, in that case, he tells you that everything is fine, collects his balance if your owing him any and disappears. So, to answer your question directly, you cannot convert well to a borehole. But whoever that wants to do the drilling can drill through the hole, depending on the kind of equipment he is using, some of the manual methods of drilling may not support that. Thanks a lot.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Chelseafan1: 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ibinwanne:
Thanks a lot for your interest in our organisation, we sincerely appreciate it. Unfortunately, well and borehole are too different things entirely, borehole is drilled to the fresh water aquifer, whereas well is dug to the point that the man digging it feels is unsafe for him to continue digging, either because he thinks he has gotten water or the conditions in which he finds himself inside the hole does not support life any longer, in that case, he tells you that everything is fine, collects his balance if your owing him any and disappears. So, to answer your question directly, you cannot convert well to a borehole. But whoever that wants to do the drilling can drill through the hole, depending on the kind of equipment he is using, some of the manual methods of drilling may not support that. Thanks a lot.

My question is, is it possible to drill thru the existing hole and turn it to a borehole, u already said that's possible, so, what will the charges be like??will the calculation start from the point where the well digging stops and gets drilled to the fresh water aquifer point level?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
ice4u999:

The purpose is for domestic use and as for the budget it is flexible as long as the water will never be exposed to containments of any kind, no salt and drinkable with little to no treatment
It is very difficult to categorically say the exact nature of the underground water in your project location, the final result varies from one project site to another. But one thing I can assure you is that there will be zero salt content in the water and iron if possible will be very light to the extent that treating the water won't pose any serious challenge.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by FastShipping: 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2016
Have you ever drilled in a rocky area like Abeokuta? Many borehole in this area have been abandone due to lack of water.

How do we solve this type of borehole issue?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
FastShipping:
Have you ever drilled in a rocky area like Abeokuta? Many borehole in this area have been abandone due to lack of water.

How do we solve this type of borehole issue?
When it comes to Abeokuta and it's environs, all you need to understand is that there are a lot of rock formations, and as such care must be taken to avoid surprises that may lead to abandoning the borehole entirely. It is much possible to get to the fresh water aquifer, but the only challenge is that clients does not like paying for the geophysical survey which will help everyone to understand nature of the terrain very well. I advice as a professional to engage the services of a geophysicists in other to ascertain what is obtainable in the project location. Thanking in anticipation.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
Chelseafan1:

My question is, is it possible to drill thru the existing hole and turn it to a borehole, u already said that's possible, so, what will the charges be like??will the calculation start from the point where the well digging stops and gets drilled to the fresh water aquifer point level?
Is important for you to understand that every Geologist wants to start his drilling from the scratch, so as to obtain his soil samples from the start to finish, it helps us to take the best decision possible. I told you that the borehole type determines the possibility of that, but even when it is possible, the drilling method determines if the driller will ever take that option. I sincerely advice to engage the services of a Geologist when you believe is the best thing to do, explain everything to him and if he decides to tow that line, fine and good, but if he decides not to, is okay because it is always very difficult and not advantageuos to do so. But above all, he will give you something that will never disappoint you. Thanks a lot in appreciation.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by kopell: 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hello I have challenge for you, I don't know how difficult it is going to be for you. It's clear to me, that it's possible due to my background in engineering. Here is the challenge, I had a well of about 35ft depth 2 1/2 ft in diameter, presently with soft wall towards the end before the little water in it. This has made it difficult for the diggers to proceed. I would like you to drill the same location to about 75ft or more because all the area has about 45ft to 50ft to get to clean water. My idea is to run 6" by 5mm thick steel wall pipe to my present depth, fill the side with filling sand so you can proceed to drill until you hit clean drinkable water.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by DUNKA(m): 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
Goodday please need advise. I have bought a new submersible pumping machine for my bore hole and want to change the wiring. Kindly advise what kind of wire I would need to effect the change. Pump is Pedrollo 1 Hp
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
DUNKA:
Goodday please need advise. I have bought a new submersible pumping machine for my bore hole and want to change the wiring. Kindly advise what kind of wire I would need to effect the change. Pump is Pedrollo 1 Hp
2.5mm is okay. Don't buy 1.5mm because of the capacity of the pump. Thanks a lot.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
kopell:
Hello I have challenge for you, I don't know how difficult it is going to be for you. It's clear to me, that it's possible due to my background in engineering. Here is the challenge, I had a well of about 35ft depth 2 1/2 ft in diameter, presently with soft wall towards the end before the little water in it. This has made it difficult for the diggers to proceed. I would like you to drill the same location to about 75ft or more because all the area has about 45ft to 50ft to get to clean water. My idea is to run 6" by 5mm thick steel wall pipe to my present depth, fill the side with filling sand so you can proceed to drill until you hit clean drinkable water.
I will need you to tell me the project location so as to enable me have a clear view of the expected depth of the fresh water aquifer. The diameter of the well is always the challenge here, because a shallow borehole of such depth may not require rig, depending on the location anyway. So, get back to me, let me know what we maybe able to do.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by kopell: 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ibinwanne:
I will need you to tell me the project location so as to enable me have a clear view of the expected depth of the fresh water aquifer. The diameter of the well is always the challenge here, because a shallow borehole of such depth may not require rig, depending on the location anyway. So, get back to me, let me know what we maybe able to do.
Its in Kwara state 30 minutes drive north Of Ilorin the state capital.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by DUNKA(m): 4:27am On Apr 21, 2016
Ibinwanne:
2.5mm is okay. Don't buy 1.5mm because of the capacity of the pump. Thanks a lot.
Thanks a million
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 8:00am On Apr 22, 2016
kopell:
Its in Kwara state 30 minutes drive north Of Ilorin the state capital.
Good, Ilorin is a pure basement complex and as such requires a machine that will penetrate the hard rock formations. Did you carryout a geophysical survey there? Is important you understand that the depth of fresh water aquifer varies from one location to the other even within the same environment. If you insist the depth is what you told me here and your ready to take responsibility for that, then we can talk about it, if not, I recommend a survey for a proper understanding of the project site. Thanks a lot.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
Site preparation for the commencement of an industrial borehole project at Ikate- Elegusi, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2016
Still on the preparation for the drilling of an industrial borehole of 700fts as recommended by a geophysical survey report.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
Installation of lost casing at Ikate-Elegusi, Off Chisco Bus- Stop, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 10:50pm On May 05, 2016
Borehole drilling operation at Donatus Odum Street, Ikate-Elegusi, Off Chisco Bus- Stop, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by kopell: 12:21am On May 06, 2016
Ibinwanne:
Good, Ilorin is a pure basement complex and as such requires a machine that will penetrate the hard rock formations. Did you carryout a geophysical survey there? Is important you understand that the depth of fresh water aquifer varies from one location to the other even within the same environment. If you insist the depth is what you told me here and your ready to take responsibility for that, then we can talk about it, if not, I recommend a survey for a proper understanding of the project site. Thanks a lot.
How much will it cost to do geophysical survey, how long will it take to get the result? Can you get anyone to do it around that area.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by eazyway212: 4:03am On May 10, 2016
yes oo
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 12:05am On May 18, 2016
Preparation of the screen and casing pipes for installation.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 12:17am On May 18, 2016
kopell:
How much will it cost to do geophysical survey, how long will it take to get the result? Can you get anyone to do it around that area.
I can mobilize some Geophycists from Ibadan, it will take three days to get the report. As per the cost, send me a text or something so that we can discuss it. Thanks a million.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 7:19pm On May 19, 2016
Installation of screen and casing pipes.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:00pm On May 19, 2016
Installation of the screen and casing pipes.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by manmidtexy(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2016
Ibinwanne:
My name is uche oliver, I am a geologist. I work for OLIVE WELL NIGERIA LIMITED, the company is involved in borehole drilling, water treatment, geo-physical survey, soil test analysis, water reticulation, installation of over-head tanks, project management, environmental impact assessment, project quality auditing, etc.You can contact me through the following numbers 08036745944, 08099405096, 08084019485 or e-mail:olivewellnigeria@yahoo.com, bb-pin:7f7a69d7. Let me start with borehole drilling. In carrying out borehole drilling projects, there are certain tricks being played by quacks in other to cheat clients out of their money and the essence of this is for you to avoid such tricks. Before I go on, I advice every prospective client to entrust a geologist with his borehole project. The quacks will always tell you such things like, oga water dey very far from here, we need to drill up to 120 fts before we can get good water. The truth is that they are being economical with the facts and at the same time ready to compromise project materials quality, it is important for the client to be aware that we have different borehole types, depending on your water need and affordability. We have scientific modeled shallow borehole, direct shallow borehole and industrial(deepwell) borehole. Each one of these borehole types is designed to serve a particular purpose different from the other. In carrying out a drilling project, whether in the basement complex or sedimentary terrain, certain factors like underground water contaminants, depth of the fresh water aquifer, productivity of the well, septic contamination, mineralogical composition of the project site, salinity, etc, should be taken into consideration. At this point, a geo-physical survey is highly recommended. Geo-physical survey is a scientific method of acquiring geological and hydro-geological features of the earth through some standard recommendations and adopted applications. The acquisition of geomorphorlogical and hydrological data helps both the client and the geologist to make a better judgement.
SCIENTIFIC MODELED SHALLOW BOREHOLE: This borehole type is specifically designed for challenging environments like lekki, ajah, apapa, victoria island, ikoyi, satellite town, sangotedo, lagos island, etc. It is scientifically modeled taking into consideration the challenges of underground water contamination in such areas, it is saline free, odour free, bacteria free, particles free. It is efficiently productive, antiseptic assured, neater, safer, sustainability assured and extensively durable. It is basically designed for private or domestic use.

Thanks for this useful post. Will gie you a call when ready soon.... How much will it cost in Iwo road area of Ibadan ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Meet Said Jammal, The Owner Of The Aeroplane House In Abuja / Funny Picture: House With Over 15 Satellite Dishes / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.