Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) (25279 Views)

Mathematical Expression To Prove dat A Pretty Girl Is Impossible To Have One Man / Romance in the bus ..... Guys and their tactics / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Booyakasha(f): 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
you are a freak! i can't believe you! you are addicted to cyber fame considering how much your name popped up the search results.. btw stop being biased.. my boyfriend is romantic. well have a look:

www.google.com/search?q=lying+down+with+boyfriend+in+a+Nigerian+Beach
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
djeezy:
What a funny post. This is a result of too much movies. After our Naija girls watched titanic, they now expected us to become Jack. Anyway the love they portray in these white movies is too good to be real. I watched one recently ''Endless love''. I was sad for a moment because I have never felt that kind of love before. Then I had to come back to my senses. It's just a movie afterall.
imagine o.
Shes asking which boy can die for her like say na smallthing, grin

1 Like

Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by ElFenomeno1: 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
undecided
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by OkuDiOver1(f): 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
2014 it is well
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Gbengaodutona: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
A very good and romantic write up,it boardens my senses of reasoning,its as if i am wathing a sexy movie.keep it up woman [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by sunnedee: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
Kei144:
These day, it is movies, movies and movies. During my days in the university, it was novels. I read Denise Robbins' romantic books in those days. The advantage of novels is that the romantic influence on you lasts for as long as it takes you to finish reading the novel. But even then, I got to a point when I stopped exposing my youthful self to unrealistic romance and rather read spy and crime novels (James Hadley Chase, etc.).
Correct.
I have 90 James Hadley Chase Novels and lots of Robert Ludlum, and this author... Emm emmmm.....
The author of the eye of the Tiger.. Yes! Wilbur smith... Novels instead of wasting my time on mills and boons and other unrealistic romance novels.
And movies? Ninjas, crime, detective, action, shaolin.

Them force me watch titanic self like three years after its release.

No time to check time abeg.
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Odunharry(m): 5:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
CFCfan:

Romance should be "as the spirit leads." No need for couples to do whatever is uncomfortable just because some folks on another continent are doing the same thing.
A couple cooking ewedu soup together, sounds romantic.
confirm... but trust most 9ja babes Na, they want most of the things they watch on telemundo and other love movies
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by rossyc(f): 5:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
so funny...
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by dantewest: 5:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
I took my time to click the like button and also to make a comment.

Awesome article.

How about we talk about you having your works on my blog.

Add me on BBM: 52C25D45
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by ceejay80s(m): 5:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
@op pls upload ur pix let me examine u, dem dey always use fine girls for romantic movies, no worwor girls and same go for naija guys dem need babes for artificial love movies
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Teespice(f): 5:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
this piece really made me laugh.

lmao @ most Nigerian men have a big tummy full of fufu.

1 Like

Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by RazziP(m): 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
GOSH! DID I READ THIS?
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Onyiido: 6:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
folameme:
yep I'm tru wit game of thrones season 4,patiently waiting for the season 5,have u watched Vikings?chai dey behead for that film sha,I'm sooo used to dis epic movies now,that i find it difficult to sit through a romantic movie hehehehehehe
Same with me. Aint got time for romantic stuffs that doesn't happen in naija. I love war $ crime movies die.
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
This singlegirl...
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by adesbreath: 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
Aww so sweet. You write so well my dear... funny n witty... I want my own man to whisper sweet somethings, something I can hold unto and smile whenever I think of him..
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by dubemivan(m): 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2015
Good piece... qualifies for orange broadband price for fiction and Humour!!! Op I really appreciate your talent, I mean your artistry, poetic and fictional dexterity. Are you seriously searching for romantic naija men when you have got cute and making sense single like ME wink wink I cant tell you now how much Romantic I am but I can assure you that by the time I am through with you, You will start wearing pampers. A trial will convince you tongue
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by jreyez(m): 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
This is funny o... Well

DOWNLOAD and listen to this cool rap song by me...
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/7dd88312
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by dimssy(m): 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2015
make sense write up,bt u know,different pple av different past wit 'relationship'....
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Chidonsky: 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
Love is becoming more expensive than men could handle,what make love romantic is simplicity,emotion,affection but is so unfortunate that women have turn it to a business venture in 9ja.We are romantic but the environment is not encouraging.
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Naijasinglegirl: 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
dubemivan:
Good piece... qualifies for orange broadband price for fiction and Humour!!! Op I really appreciate your talent, I mean your artistry, poetic and fictional dexterity. Are you seriously searching for romantic naija men when you have got cute and making sense single like ME wink wink I cant tell you now how much Romantic I am but I can assure you that by the time I am through with you, You will start wearing pampers. A trial will convince you tongue
haha. Thanks. I'd pass.
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by sammieguze(m): 8:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
Lmao.... Naijasinglesgirl iyaf come again.... Nice work sis....

Pls tell them o...

Expecting too much frm guys.
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
I spent the whole of yesterday evening watching hollywood romantic movies. When I was done, I wept for my single status all night. I felt like I deserve to be arrested for being single.

These Hollywood guys know how to make love/ dating look so beautiful.

The images I saw of them kissing, holding hands, looking into each other eyes, whispering sweet nothings (what does that mean anyway?) will surely keep me depressed for days. When this mood eventually fades, I'm going back to the best movies for single ladies, Horror Movies!

As much as I admire those romantic nonsense, its difficult to practice them in Nigeria. Any girl/woman that complains her Nigerian boyfriend/husband is not romantic is simply callous.

Ladies, are you still looking for a guy that's gonna spread red roses on the bed every night? Have you seen red roses before apart from hibiscus flowers? You still want to fall asleep with romantic candles around your bed like its a deliverance session?

Do you know its really difficult, time consuming and expensive to be romantic in this country?

I know why I'm asking these questions.

I've been there and as usual, I'm here to share my experiences.

Aside the two and a half men I dated, they were several quarters I had. I choose to call them quarters (I'll refer to them as Loverboys in all my posts) because I never said yes to their relationship proposal. At the same time I got jealous whenever they were around other girls.
I guess loneliness and fear of heartbreak were responsible for this my despicable behaviour.

Back then I had stacks of mills&booms novels.

I loved Jack & kate kind of love.

I was a die hard fan of Romeo & Juliet.

A couple of times, my obsession with the above characters had me speaking old English to my male admirers.

I wondered which guy would paint me nude like it happened in Titanic without drugging and raping me afterwards.

I also liked how Jack in Titanic died for Kate like a real man making it look like death is nothing.

I wondered which Nigerian guy would volunteer to die for me.

I wanted to experience those things I read so bad...

My first fantasy was to lie by a natural waterside with my lover while we tell ourselves 'sweet nothings'.
We might even strip and dive into the water like it happens abroad. Then I remembered Loverboy like most Nigerian men has a big tummy full of fufu. The pressure of the 15kg of fufu in his tummy might just drown him. Aside that, my enemies might be lurking around with camera phone waiting to take my nudes.

Okay, no diving! We'll just lie by the waterside.

I thought of a suitable beach we could visit. No idea so I googled the words 'lying down with boyfriend in a Nigerian Beach'

Results:
-Two dead bodies found lying in Elegushi Beach, aftermath of severe tide.

-Boyfriend machetes girlfriend to death at a popular beach in Lagos

-A dead fish suspected to be shark found at Beach in Nigeria

-Birthday party turns mourning ground as a final year undergraduate of UNILAG drowns in Beach.

Arrgghhh!!!!

Bad news in beaches. Water might even wash us away while we are busy whispering sweet nothings.

I didn't want a situation I'll lie on the beach sand with my lover only to open my eyes to see him in hell while I'm chilling in heaven. LOL
Whatever happened to those sort of cool deaths that ends with car chases, explosions in slow motion and several police helicopters hovering around one body?

I thought of going for rivers.

River Niger was the only River I could think of. It means we are gonna drive down all the way to Onitsha just to lie under bridge like refuges just because I want to experience romance?

The government even said Niger Bridge might collapse soon. What if it collapses on our head while we are busy whispering 'sweet nothings'?

How am I going to explain what we were doing to Angel Gabriel when I arrive at heaven's gate?

I don't even want to mention all the disgusting refuse by River Niger and other 'yama yama'.

Love is not that serious so I ruled out rivers.

Okay I was going to settle for streams, I thought.

I called a friend that stays in the outskirts of town to enquire if I could visit their village stream for 'romantic purposes'

''My dear, you can go o BUT you are at your own risk o! I heard that's where they do sacrifice to gods. Aside that, there is a harmless python that...''

''Okay okay okay! I don't want to hear more'' I cut her off at the mention of the word python.

How am I going to explain the snake bites to my parents all in the name of romance?

Lying by the waterside in Nigeriaâś—

Since every romantic idea I though of didn't seem feasible, I tried out taking a long walk with Loverboy late in the evening while we held hands.

This should be easy and there are no risks, I thought.

Loverboy reluctantly agreed to that just to satisfy me. We walked for thirty minutes till we got to a grassland.

''Dear, let's lie on the grass and count the stars just like Nala and Simba did in The Lion King'' I suggested.

I mean if mere Lions could be that romantic, Nigerian men have no excuse!

I was such a hypocrite to suggest that reasons;
1, Watching or counting the stars is BORINGGGGGG especially when there's no suya to munch away.

2, I hate counting anything if its not money.

3, I am extremely poor in mathematics.

Loverboy might dump me right there when he realises I don't know how to count anything from 11 above. Luckily for me they were only seven visible stars that night. I was safe.

Everything was going on well until sand flies gate crashed our little party.

I must have murdered over fifteen sand flies.

Then I heard him scream.

''What's that Loverboy?''

''Its papa o, it has bitten my nose''

The boss of insects has arrived, I thought.

I hope you all know 'papa' is that annoying little insect that is always in a bad mood.

''Let's go home.'' I felt bad Loverboy was in so much pain.

We started the long walk back. A few metres walk and we heard a deep voice

"Who goes there?''

Arrrgghhh!!! Nigerian agberos won't even let someone be romantic in peace.

Two huge agberos walked up to us.

One of them brought out a knife

''oya give me your phones''

Luckily for me I was not with a phone. He took Loverboy's phone and ordered us to run like Lot's wife without looking back.

The next day, Loverboy boy's swollen nose from the insect bite reminded me of the pyramid of Egypt.

One look at him and I vowed never to force a Nigerian man to be romantic.

visit Naijasinglegirl's blog @ http://www.naijasinglegirl.net

Wow! Love every bit of it. I used to write stuffs like dis but the tot of money has overtaken my literary prowess
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by faradexs09(m): 8:35pm On Mar 14, 2015
Dz write up got me cracking, quit the fantasies , dz is 9ja why romance is when d couple just steer nd wait for who to make the first move, 9ja is a home where romance meant not more than going to eatries where d chick only benefits from the exotic spendings, romance is meant to be enjoyed by both, but in 9ja everything works against u, so let's just do it how we know to.
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Sike(m): 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
Lol. Funny post
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by oyoyome: 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
Forget dat thing,Nigeria guys are romantic.many places dey, wey we go carry u go! Apart those places u mention!
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by tuoyoojo(m): 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
One extra reason y chics should stop watching telemudo! Its gives them this crazy idea abt love. Putting most of d responsibilty of d guy n not d chic...I jus like usher's song "trading places"..chics shud take d iniciative to be romantic
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by Bestbaby12(f): 12:00am On Mar 15, 2015
Spidermon:
Jack f**ked Kate after painting her ooo. Before I can think of painting a nude chick, we must have done like 9,999 rounds. And why paint when I can just take a picture?
hahaha awilo Sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by letmekissyou: 2:19am On Mar 15, 2015
Couldn't read the whole thing but I'm pretty sure you're on drugs
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by donbenie(m): 7:22am On Mar 15, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
we are sorry Sir
Nothing to be sorry about,if he can't take a few minutes to read a post,it's his own funeral..
Re: Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) by DeRay98(m): 7:53am On Mar 15, 2015
Hilarious though,but this is maturity has thought this author. As we can see, this is just one of the major reasons lots our girls don't sette down on time even when a good suitor shows up, she has fed her imaginations with fantasies from the age of 10yr to 20's, that she keeps dreaming till she wakes up at 35-38yrs and all her suitors are gone and she starts complaining of no marriageable men around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Marries Lady Who Said She Can't Say I Love You To Any Man / 10 Statements Nigerian Guys Often Use To Justify "Womanizing" As A Rightful Act / Five Types Of Guys I Hate With Passion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.