Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship (2150 Views)

Do You Consider Height A Major Issue In Choosing A Partner? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? / Can Love Be Sweeter The Second Time Around? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Fesomu(m): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2014
[b][/b]my four years relationship ended yesterday because am a muslim and she's a christian. I love her so much and I think she does too .. But she's so deep in xtianity and that's affecting her decision ..someone told me love overcome all things and if she doesn't wanna stay with me, its because she doesn't love me enough. Is that true?? Cos am looking for a reason to move on
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by iceberylin(m): 8:37am On Oct 13, 2014
Muslims no dh play with their Religion ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 13, 2014
Most times religion is a deal breaker.

1 Like

Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by hungryboy(m): 8:46am On Oct 13, 2014
Bros abeg how dem dey take fall in love with girl?
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Fesomu(m): 8:51am On Oct 13, 2014
Its not something you plan for hungryboy..are you hungry for love?
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by major466(m): 8:51am On Oct 13, 2014
I don't think so. Religion is a big issue in Relationships.

1 Like

Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by MizMyColi(f): 9:00am On Oct 13, 2014
I wonder why that is.
I can relate to your post and I'm sorry.
You'd prolly be going thru' real emotional breakdown now.
Please be strong soon.

Whether we agree or not, we have been conditioned over the years to judge people based on their religion, not their individuality.

A case in point is me.

While it is true that I can marry just about anyone whom I deem as morally upright and lovable.
I'd rather marry someone who shares my views on spirituality.

Whether we marry those who share same beliefs with us or not, what matters more is Mutual Respect.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 13, 2014
nope, tho in some cases love conquers, they get married... but it usually doesn't end well for them u know... in-laws and their wahalas. some people are so into their religion that they have to leave u becus their religion condemns the relationship.. which is quite understandable if u ask me. so try and move on OK? or think of it this way..
if I marry her, will the marriage be Muslim marriage or christian marriage? will our in-laws accept us? will she be comfortable with it? will our kids be Muslim or christian? will she agree to convert to muslim(since I the man is Muslim)? etc..... u see where the problem is? ask yaself these questions, they'll help u see the reason why u have to let her go and help u move on fast. yeah its sad to loose someone u luv sad but this is reality not fairytale ..
love ain't really everything.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 13, 2014
Love can overcome everything but Religion itself is a big bridge. I can't see myself crossing that bridge. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Fesomu(m): 9:19am On Oct 13, 2014
My family loves her so much that they are willing to let dea only son marry a xtian@ angelina.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Caseless: 9:32am On Oct 13, 2014
Fesomu:
[b][/b]my four years relationship ended yesterday because am a muslim and she's a christian. I love her so much and I think she does too .. But she's so deep in xtianity and that's affecting her decision ..someone told me love overcome all things and if she doesn't wanna stay with me, its because she doesn't love me enough. Is that true?? Cos am looking for a reason to move on

hope d pressure is not frm d gal's family?
Do remember that islam does not forbid u frm marrying a xtain gal and, if ur family is d obstacle here, then say d above position of islam on such union. I have feeling(feelings i cant explain) for a xtain gal, if it happens that i decide to make d move to marrying her and some family members with this prejudice springs up- i can tel them to go to d deepest pit in hell. As islam is guide and , not their pre-conceived notion about xtainity or a certain gal.
Marry her if u love her.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by jammyunn(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2014
Caseless:
hope d pressure is not frm d gal's family?
Do remember that islam does not forbid u frm marrying a xtain gal and, if ur family is d obstacle here, then say d above position of islam on such union. I have feeling(feelings i cant explain) for a xtain gal, if it happens that i decide to make d move to marrying her and some family members with this prejudice springs up- i can tel them to go to d deepest pit in hell. As islam is guide and , not their pre-conceived notion about xtainity or a certain gal.
Marry her if u love her.
your post oozes of disrespect and arrogance. as islam is your guide, christianity is her guide. respect other people's beliefs. mind you, i'm not here to argue about religion.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 13, 2014
Another victim of religious difference palava,just move on Bro and never try to show how liberal and civil you are by going into a relationship with someone of another faith.
I know of some people who got married not minding their beliefs and they're happy but in the Nigeria of today religion matters to people and nothing can change that.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by lulu1986(f): 9:54am On Oct 13, 2014
GOSH,,I M ON YOUR SHOES..BUT STILL IN RELATIONSHIP..M SOOI CONFUSED DUNO WAT TO DO.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Caseless: 10:03am On Oct 13, 2014
jammyunn:
your post oozes of disrespect and arrogance. as islam is your guide, christianity is her guide. respect other people's beliefs. mind you, i'm not here to argue about religion.
let me teach u how to use ur empty head. I gave a reference using my religion, if u ar certain about that guide in ur religion that inhibit such union, why not state it here? Do that and , u'd automatically prove to me that ur religion is hate-driven towards other religion than u have tagged islam to be. I pity un-christ-like pple like u who put every flatulence and hogwash out in d name of defending ur religion...and u dont do this with respect to any verse in ur holy book, rather, u do it based on woven negative notion u've bn taught in ur various islamophobic enclaves.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by jammyunn(m): 10:06am On Oct 13, 2014
Caseless:
let me teach u how to use ur empty head. I gave a reference using my religion, if u ar certain about that guide in ur religion that inhibit such union, why not state it here? Do that and , u'd automatically prove to me that ur religion is hate-driven towards other religion than u have tagged islam to be. I pity un-christ-like pple like u who put every flatulence and hogwash out in d name of defending ur religion...and u dont do this with respect to any verse in ur holy book, rather, u do it based on woven negative notion u've bn taught in ur various islamophobic enclaves.
thank you...
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Tallesty1(m): 10:08am On Oct 13, 2014
Love overmeth all things.

So why didn't you change for her?

Don't you love her enough?
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Caseless: 10:12am On Oct 13, 2014
jammyunn:
thank you...
what are u thanking me for?
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Uniquexty(f): 10:13am On Oct 13, 2014
I fell in love with Waheed, a Muslim . And i am a Christian. Presently, my dad is not talking to me. I am trying my best to let him go, Buh It's difficult. That man is d best thing that can happen to any lady. I can't even picture any other girl in his arms. I feel like hitting something
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 13, 2014
Tallesty1:

And why didn't she change for him too?
Abi the four year relationship was just a fallacy on her side
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Fesomu(m): 10:16am On Oct 13, 2014
I was willing to..but when she told me "she's not happy anytime she looks at me knowing that am not saved..that if rapture happens now, am gona go to hell..that shit got me pissed..m like "so anytime u look @ my family, in ur mind we are bunch of nuisance going to hell because we are muslim..but wen my family see u, they look @ u as dea lovely wife to be..
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2014
Uniquexty:
I fell in love with Waheed. Presently, my dad is not talking to me. I am trying my best to let him go, Buh It's difficult. That man is d best thing that can happen to any lady. I can't even picture any other girl in his arms. I feel like hitting something
Hmmm am sorry about that.
A society filled with religious intolerance is what have learnt how to live in.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Caseless: 10:22am On Oct 13, 2014
Tallesty1:

another shallow post! We always take unity for uniformity. We must all b d same tribe, religion b4 we can marry each other or live together.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 13, 2014
Fesomu:
I was willing to..but when she told me "she's not happy anytime she looks at me knowing that am not saved..that if rapture happens now, am gona go to hell..that shit got me pissed..m like "so anytime u look @ my family, in ur mind we are bunch of nuisance going to hell because we are muslim..but wen my family see u, they look @ u as dea lovely wife to be..

Wow! With this kind of belief i don't think you guys can work out she'll always carry the weight of you going to hell on her shoulders and this will make her miserable even if you marry. This seems like one of the times you need to let go.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Caseless: 10:28am On Oct 13, 2014
Fesomu:
ur babe is an extremist. Jst leave her for ur own gud. The mutual understanding d difference in ur religion shld have helped u to build is lacking in ur r/ship and, if u continue, b ready for a more brittle r/ship.
That babe funny sha... grin
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by jammyunn(m): 10:46am On Oct 13, 2014
Uniquexty:
I fell in love with Waheed. Presently, my dad is not talking to me. I am trying my best to let him go, Buh It's difficult. That man is d best thing that can happen to any lady. I can't even picture any other girl in his arms. I feel like hitting something
same way I love Firdaus but this religion thing is an obstacle. Her family says I charmed her because we are not related by tribe either. She's not just an average moslem, wears a full veil, got admission late because she wanted to finish all the courses in the modrasah. We're still in a relationship and I hope it works out. But unlike before, I have lost a little interest in the whole affair cos her parents punish her cos of me, making me feel bad and sad. Her mum has even said she'd not prosper if we marry. sometimes no food or upkeep money for her which I take up. No matter how we love people, there comes a time when we let go, it can never be easy but it's better.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by MisterLongman(m): 10:51am On Oct 13, 2014
I've always said it that love is nothing but a fairytale..... Its compatibility that matters.... Even if you don't love someone, as long as you are compatible, you will outgrow your dislike for the person with time.
Religion is a very important factor when talking about compatibility.... If you are not compatible religion-wise, my guy problem go dey when you get married
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Fesomu(m): 10:58am On Oct 13, 2014
@ misterlongerman. Its obvious u know nothing about love and I don't think you've loved a woman b4..when u truly love somebody, picture ur life without them .. What u feel that moment, will tell u how love much u love em
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Uniquexty(f): 11:22am On Oct 13, 2014
jammyunn:
same way I love Firdaus but this religion thing is an obstacle. Her family says I charmed her because we are not related by tribe either. She's not just an average moslem, wears a full veil, got admission late because she wanted to finish all the courses in the modrasah. We're still in a relationship and I hope it works out. But unlike before, I have lost a little interest in the whole affair cos her parents punish her cos of me, making me feel bad and sad. Her mum has even said she'd not prosper if we marry. sometimes no food or upkeep money for her which I take up. No matter how we love people, there comes a time when we let go, it can never be easy but it's better.
Exactly. He is Yoruba nd I am Igbo. My mum said she can never attend such a wedding. My dad slapped me one of the nights we discussing the issue. His own family treats me like their daughter.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by Tallesty1(m): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2014
ikeola6:

And why didn't she change for him too?
Abi the four year relationship was just a fallacy on her side
It was the emboldened that made quote him.
Re: Can Love Overcome Religion Issue In A Relationship by jammyunn(m): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2014
Uniquexty:
Exactly. He is Yoruba nd I am Igbo. My mum said she can never attend such a wedding. My dad slapped me one of the nights we discussing the issue. His own family treats me like their daughter.
my sis, it's better late than never. If you can just move on because family is first and very important. I made Firdaus understand that the only option we have is to make our family accept us in any way we can, if not, we have to separate. There are things love can't conquer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Call Farting Without Excuse "OPENNESS" In Your Relationship? / Would You Tell Her? / Why Do Ladies Hate Guys That Are Principled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.