Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience (25816 Views)

2014 Batch C Corpers Posted To Adamawa Let Meet Here / Congratulations To 2013 Batch C Corpers As You Pass Out Of NYSC Scheme Today / Abia State Nysc 2012 Corpers Share Experiences Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by NaijaChild: 1:58am On Oct 17, 2014
sacostyles:
As an outgoing Batch C corp member, I've got to say: Sh*t's becoming REEEEEEAAAL!!! shocked shocked

Served in Yenago, Bayelsa. Was the Mr Macho of my batch, so I've gotten used to people hailing me on the street as Macho, athough I'm now scrawny from too much walka akin to corpers. cry

Overall the year was truly fun, and the brothers and sisters I made are truly memorable, but as the euphoria of the new found independence, unity and brotherhood dies out the butterflies of responsibility and profoundness of decision making springs to life in my belly.

I'm quite certain that my new found ability to manage limited resource, travel and spring into action when needed, meet with, speak with, and interelate with anyone at anytime t, and the backing of the Most Gracious God that has kept me from all harm with his hand of provision and protection, I am on to my next phase and progressing to new heights!

Only downer for me right now is that there is no passing out parade! Like what the hell hell

At least I'll make it up with a passing out PARTE tonight!!! wink

Cheers Naija

Bayelkopa..!!..bayelsa Nnua oo..

Saw u today..u have really reduced..
Where re the packs and muscles?
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by sallygentle(m): 7:15am On Oct 17, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by sallygentle(m): 7:18am On Oct 17, 2014
it was a wonderful memory for me....d state I served they don't really like corper.we are most of the time discriminated looked at us differently.I enjoyed it though.
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by Themanjirnad: 7:38am On Oct 17, 2014
Please my people is any one here having SSS aptitute test past question an answer. Please help themanjirnad@gmail.com .Thank you
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by suyamasta(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2014
sallygentle:
it was a wonderful memory for me....d state I served they don't really like corper.we are most of the time discriminated looked at us differently.I enjoyed it though.
ok but which state be dat?
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by brilliant5(m): 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
Mutiuadeniyi290:
I serve @ delta state ughelli to be precise...atlease d money l save now is 120k
biko hw did u save 120k. U b doc?
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by Opiosko: 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
brilliant5:

biko hw did u save 120k. U b doc?
Hia! Than's not too much na. I have 380 cash atm (my nysc acct)despite dashing nairabet 200 few days ago. It depends on whr u are and how much u get from ur ppa...
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by brilliant5(m): 4:26am On Oct 18, 2014
Opiosko:
Hia! Than's not too much na. I have 380 cash atm (my nysc acct)despite dashing nairabet 200 few days ago. It depends on whr u are and how much u get from ur ppa...
ok... Most likely u dnt spend 4m ur nysc money at all. Dats hw i c it.,
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by kingsleyugo41(m): 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
served in deta saved 47k stil waiting 4 state alawi
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by bpain: 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by SenatorJames(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
God bless the outgoing corp members, and direct your path aright.
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by dorthmaen: 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
ell well, my service year was one of the most interesting episodes of my life.

My service in Lagos
Initially, when I influenced my service to Lagos,I was feeling some level of guilt and pressure to utilizing the opportunity. Well,the utilization came in a diff way.
On camp,I utilized every opportunity I av to keep myself busy and active.I dances,coached our volleyball team to d finals and were second place,I ran,and ultimately won the treasure hunt (ultimate search) for Platoon 1. I left camp a happy man.

PPA
I was posted to Lagos State Development and Property Corporation where I was posted to a department that corresponds to my course if study (one of my fears taken Carr of).There was a staff buss to salvage transport fare and optional accommodation. And so,I was well placed.

CDS
Meanwhile, while on camp,I participated in the Skill Aquicition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) and chose to learn bag and show making;this I continued after camp and was not opportuned to 'waste' my time at CDs meetings. It was here I got the real boost. Before I knew it,I started selling bags and purses;earning systematically. Soon,I participated in the first edition of the SAED Lagos competition as well as the second.I was chosen as part of ppl to rep NYSC Lagos at the 'Africa Fashion Reception' in Bayelsa; which increased my customer base.
Back in lag,I felt I was defeating d purpose of the NYSC by not actually doing CDS and so I berthed. http://www.icampusng.com/2014/10/youth-corps-member-empowers-community/ which was just aimed at giving back to the society;Though it was not easy.

PASSING OUT
I'd rather say I bowed out of NYSC 'Pass' is not the best word to define my journey. I earned great confidence in the fact that no employer can take me for granted as I have the option to choose between a well paying job or to expand the frontiers of my business;which was already giving a green light as per prospects. Mother of it all is dt my project got me a state honours award.

ADVICE TO PROSPECTIVE CORPS MEMBERS
Though whatever would be would be but we av the capacity to make good use of any opportunity that comes our way.If u continue saying NYSC is useless and u "use less" of a whole year and not to either add to itself or to others 2ru CDs,u're OYO o.Especially if u are in Lagos;where SAED is working.
Remember NYSC is still one year compulsory service;use to an advantage.

2 Likes

Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by handsum92: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2014
justitiaomnibus:
SERVING IN ENUGU THE COAL CITY WAS AWESOME although the town is quite expensive sha. Accomondation prices in Enugu is more or less same with Lagos. There is life in Enugu. U can enjoy life here as much as u can in Abuja, Lagos or Calabar.

But thses Igbo girls.. Choi. If u don't take tym, you can come to Igbo land with your "traveling bag or box" and by the time Igbo girls chop you, "you will return to where you came from with Nylon bag".

The girls dem fine sha...

Service was fun.. Will remain in Enugu till December.

Posted to Enugu North, I live in Enugu south and I toured the East a bit. I visited all the states in the East except Ebonyi state. I was going to Anamber almost on a weekly basis. Onitsha, Awka, Oko, Ekwuluobia, Nnobi, Nnokwa, Nnewi, Ihiala, Aguata, Idemilli, Ogidi are the placed I got to in Anambra. I visited Aba and Umahia in Abia, Owerri in Imo.
Nssuka, Obollo Afor, Agbani, Udi and Ezeagu in Enugu. (Omo, I waka oo in 1-year). And coming for NYSC in November last year was my 1st ever trip to the east.
The Igbo's are good people but them no dey play with money. They can sell you. But the Igbo Man is very Industrious especially the anambra man. I doff my hat for them. I was at Nnewichi and Nnewi town, I must confess the Igbo man is second to non in Nigeria when it comes to industry and technical vocation.
Igbo Kewnu.

I am from Ese-Odo LG in Ondo state.
Bros abeg, what were you looking for about?
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by Dsegsam(m): 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
justitiaomnibus:

Am from Arogbo.

nice meeting you here
Re: Outgoing Batch C Corpers: Share Your Service Experience by sawdonline: 11:23am On Jun 04, 2016
After your NYSC POP what next ?

Alot of CORPERS go home after NYSC to sit at home and start looking for some of the none existing jobs as results leading to a life of anguish pain disappointment and unfulfilment

My Question Is ? will be among those that live these kind of life or be among those that live a life devoid of crime But making real legitimate money for yourself and be smiling to the bank

The truth is Nigeria need more entrepreneurs and self reliant youth in other to achieve industrialisation

in this light we have decided to assist by providing materials that can make you self reliant and skill acquisition training and program

We will be equiping you tools of the trade for both online and offline business

How to get registered on the ones that need documentation all these will be treated in our other post.

https://www.nairaland.com/3145924/skill-aquistion-nysc-corpers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Batch B Corpers In Ondo East Dancing As They Collect Their Nysccertificate / NYSC: 2016 Batch A Time Table Update. / Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.