Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,431 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement (87655 Views)

"We Can't Sack Keshi"- NFF / Keshi To Become Ethiopian National Team Coach, Just Days After NFF Sack / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Read Full Communique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by blowjohn(m): 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
robosky02:

he is not a parmanent coach
he will only supervise the last two qualifiers against CONgo and south africa

Ok.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by sociable(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
Let's just hope for the best..
NFF must have seeing something in Amodu before selecting him...
Not very good boy for once does not mean bad boy forever cool
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Ifystar: 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
Olaolufred:

[size=14pt]Nigeria can not qualify from this group.
[/size]

You sound so confident?
But I'm leaning on a bit of optimism.
As it is, Amodu will want to do everything possible to make SE qualify by winning the 2 matches left so as to convince NFF to give him permanent employment.
Amodu will want to etch his name in history.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by stigman(m): 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Sacked not sack! Olodo.
Your father
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by manuch(m): 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2014
1 step forward 10 steps backwards
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
StealthyMe:

E fit con negotiate contract later shaa...buh na qualificatn he dey noww

NFF matter sef don tire pesin ; na erriday we go dey hear funny news undecided
d man 2 dull abeg....im no go get am. @ least 2 of us no say d only reason dem wan sign foreign coach na bcus dem go follow am share in salary.
I dey talk am, dis picknic/shitnic/toothpick/pricknic or wateva his name is no get plan 4 naija futball.....maigari beta pass am.
b4 i get headache abeg wen dose sexy women dey ball deir nxt match?
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by steve101: 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2014
FROM FRY PAN TO FIRE!!!! :
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by tolustx(m): 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
Abeg 4 all of una wey dey type "from fry pan to fire". Na frying pan. No be fry pan. Ok?
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Qasim6(m): 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
obo gbe obo gun ope

if u kno wat dat means
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Amhatu(m): 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
Why cause wahala in the middle of qualifying for Afcon by sacking the coach. NFF must prepare better or face loss after loss from the National Team because of Leadership crisis in NFF.

The Coach who is the best in the Nigerian Premier League should have the top Coaching spot in Representing Nigerian National Team.

This is just a Insult to all Nigerians, The Players in Nigerian Premier League & NPL Coaches.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Bodmas06: 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2014
Qasim6:
obo gbe obo gun ope

if u kno wat dat means
Keshi oda Amodu o sunwan!
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by jahlove4jah: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2014
Lesson: Sometimes in life, you let go and yield. After all despite Balloteli's excesses, someone is still managing him.what stopped Keshi from managing Ike Uche? Why did he resort to the public outburst and criticism. I vividly remembered how he singled Osaze out for criticism after the Bosnia game in Brazil even when majority of Nigerians felt that Osaze was on top of his game in that match.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Goke7: 8:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
wolebanks:
Comments expressed by many so called football lovers/fans can be so annoying sometimes. The game is being played for the fans and without the fans to follow and follow well out of love for the game, there is no game. But when the followers do not understand the game or its purpose; like, I dare say, we have in Nigeria, it gives me worry. I was enraged when I learnt that objects where thrown at Keshi in the stadium yesterday, I wondered, what type of nation or people are we? The problem of our football is not NFF, coaches or players. Its the bad followers. Illitrate, Selfish and ungrateful followers.

Some compare the super eagles a national team to a clubside.
To some, its all about who plays and who doesn't play.
To some its about who gets sacked and who gets hired.
Who is good and who is bad.
Who did well and who did bad.
Who won, who lost.
Who gets paid what.
Some are after what enters their pocket.
Winning all the time no matter what.

Nigerias football lovers should understand that it is good to always win, qualify for tournaments and win trophies. But that's not all that a nations football is all about. England readily comes to mind as a nation that benefits the most from football even though the national team is not very successful in tournaments. And we need to learn a lot from them. They achieve this not because they have better players or talents or are better administrators. They achieve this because of the people who support the game out of love for it.

Football like other sports gives people jobs, it keeps youths busy and out of trouble, it entertains, it unites, stimulates economy etc, whether you qualify for tournament and win trophies or not.

SouthAfrica have discovered this and see how their football is growing and soon enough they will begin to reap real benefits if they haven't started.

Followers should follow the game for the right reasons. Public comments online or otherwise are very powerful and influential, therefore commentators should be thoughtful and careful when making them.

Then the media should educate and enlighten more than being opinionated.

With this and people that love the game in NFF, we will get our football to where we want.

Best wishes.

the media and sports analysts are the problem, they are the ones misleading and misinforming people and they are currently misleading the new nff boss which will backfire very soon
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Olaolufred(m): 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ifystar:

You sound so confident?
But I'm leaning on a bit of optimism.
As it is, Amodu will want to do everything possible to make SE qualify by winning the 2 matches left so as to convince NFF to give him permanent employment.
Amodu will want to etch his name in history.

THE HISTORY HE COULDN'T MAKE IN HIS FOUR MISIONARY JOURNEYS?
IF YOU KNOW MOURINHO FORMULA,
YOU WILL KNOW IT IS AS POPULAR AS BODMAS.
ELEVEN BEHIND THE BALL.
ALL THE OTHER TWO TEAMS NEEDED IS A DRAW AGAINST NIGERIA.
KEEP HOPING.
BY NOVEMBER END, REALITY WILL BE STARING AT YOU.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by tolustx(m): 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
E be lyk say we go nid editor to dey correct grammatical errors b4 pple go dey post 4 NL. Abeg d bombs to plenty.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by tomiobj(m): 8:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
What is nw d difference between nigeria and chelsea. (they can both sack coaches anyhow)
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by eshope(m): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
I have spent all my life studying how to coach the super eagle of nigeria cool coolwhy not me....pls people help me beg NFF that I'm available smiley smiley grin
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by musiwa95: 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by stigman(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

The ba..st.ard who carried you for nine months and the daft fu...ck who passed his dead brain cells down to you

Daft cu...nt!

Your brain is as empty as that of a coconut, when you get home look into the eyes of your stupid mother, your useless father and call them bas tard, goat
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Damsman10(m): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ogbeche77:
Absolute balderdash.. This clueless power hungry mofos at the NFF have ruined our chances of qualifying for Morroco 2015...if we still had any...What's the point sacking keshi now? Now the new coach has a good excuse for failing at his new job, which he will obviously do.. Abi no be Amodu

they should have waited a few more days, at least so dat we'll have sum1 to blame 4 nt qualifying..
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Ifystar: 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
Olaolufred:

THE HISTORY HE COULDN'T MAKE IN HIS FOUR MISIONARY JOURNEYS?
IF YOU KNOW MOURINHO FORMULA,
YOU WILL KNOW IT IS AS POPULAR AS BODMAS.
ELEVEN BEHIND THE BALL.
ALL THE OTHER TWO TEAMS NEEDED IS A DRAW AGAINST NIGERIA.
KEEP HOPING.
BY NOVEMBER END, REALITY WILL BE STARING AT YOU.

Don't get me wrong Fred, I'm not an Amodu fan, neither Keshi's. All I'm saying is that Amodu kinda has a good history of helping SE qualify.

Be it as it may, by November we will know who reality will be staring at....just that you will be happy should SE make it.

Won't you?
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by okejji: 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2014
yes my bros. Amodu has the grace to qualify us. When the going becomes tough, it is he that always save nigeria. I think NFF just want to use him qualify us to AFCON 2015.
Greenified:
Amodu is an expert in qualifications and has done so twice.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Marcelinho(m): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
finally a sigh of relive... but the Amodu conundrum is what am thinking now.
will the gamble pay off? only time will tell!
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by ogahope(m): 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
D Super Eagles have to start from d scratch . And dis change wil bring new players to d team. I wish dem success. Keshi bye bye
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Smooyis(m): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
Wishing the new coaching crew best of luck. No one is greater than Nigeria and no one is wiser than everyone. Nothing lasts forever. Hope they will learn from the mistakes of their predecessors, and emulate their strong points. All the best.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by darkjorse: 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
it was long overdue...... Goodbye Mr Arrogancia
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by easyelliot(m): 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
Bye bye oga,
please go and take up the NFF's offer to improve ur craft on their dime. Go and learn and improve as a coach and the job will be yours again.

As for the hiring off Shuaibu shocked

The qualification master is back now let's see his team list.....
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by raphy(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
kennyslim1:
Keshi should go abeg...let's see what's Amodu is capable of doing to our fallen super eagles sad
u r d first to comment ,an u make sense .wht kind of drink can i buy u ?
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by lormarx: 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
Emmysteve:
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in the early hours of Thursday have announced the contract termination of Coach Stephen Keshi as the Super Eagles head coach.

After a long hours meeting of the Executive board members held at the Transcrop hilton hotel in Abuja the board unanimously agreed to part away with the Big Boss and his technical crew.

Speaking with cross section of the press shortly after the meeting at 1am Nigeria time on Thursday, first vice President of the Federation, Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi said the Federation appreciated Keshi and will give due support to him and his technical crew.
“You could recall Keshi and his technical crew
contract expired after the World cup, and the federation have decided not to renew their contract,” Akinwunmi revealed.

“The Federation appreciated his effort for the success he achieved and the development of our football.
“We have decided to sponsor him and his technical crew (Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shoromu) to any choice of their coaching school to acquire for more knowledge in the game at our expenses,” Akinwunmi said.

Former Niger Tornadoes player, Shaibu Amodu returns as the team interim coach to be assisted with three coaches from the Glo Premier League.
“We have two more important matches in the
qualifiers which we hope to secure full points, and qualify for the Nations Cup.

“Coach Amodu will take over of the team as interim coach, to be assisted by Salisu Yusuf (El Kanemi Warriors) and Gbenga Ogunbote (Sharks FC) while former Green Eagles goalkeeper, Alloy Agu will be the goalkeeper trainer,” the NFF official divulge.

Super Eagles will travel next month to face
Congo and host South Africa in Nigeria in the last phase of the qualifiers.

Source:
www.naijasportscentre.com/amodu-to-lead-super-eagles/

Corroborative Sources
http://www.punchng.com/news/nff-sacks-keshi-picks-amodu/
http://completesportsnigeria.com/nff-replace-keshi-amodu-appoint-siasia-new-u-23-boss/
SHAME on NFF,why Amodu?what is the basis for chosen him? Don't we have younger guys that can add life into the game and players. instead of picking Amodu,why Not pick John okafor,He can warm d bench better.I think we finally left the flying pan for d fire.Those long Hours of meeting to decide on this was a waste of Nigerian resource

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

2013 Glo-CAF Awards / Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.