Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) (27518 Views)

Essay Writers Needed Weekly! Money Available / Newspaper Column For Just N1,000 Weekly / Island News Weekly Paper. Anyone Heard Of It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by Fatalveli(m): 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
@Rover, thank you so much for honoring the invitation, we are so glad! I didn't fail to notice that u are a man of humility and I pray that in the name of the most powerful and mighty God, no evil wishes against you shall prosper! Once again tank u so much for honoring us... Have a blessed day!
@Emzypaz, shall we round dis up for today sire
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by Jeanfortune(f): 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
awww!, and i didnt get to ask him anything, *sad face*, well there will be another time, anywayz, thanks Royver for having ma name up there, and thank u Emzypaz for bringing up such a wonderful forum
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by tecno4life(m): 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
Onemansquad:
It has been a wonderful time with you guys
And i want to use this medium to thank evrybdy esp

kingphilip
Dammygoody
techno4life
smallpenis
fatalveli
flakkydagirl
Emzypaz
and the host of others for finding out time out from ur busy schedules to come
Thank you all
thanks bro, it'a ma pleasure @ Emzypaz thanks 4 d forum cool
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
A big thank you to those that participated, and to those that missed, you can still catch up with another author next week. wink
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by tecno4life(m): 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
SMALLPENIS:
A big thank you to those that participated, and to those that missed, you can still catch up with another author next week. wink
BELIEVE THAT
Believe in the shield.
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by toykathy(f): 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
weldone to evryone that brought this 2geda. Atleast i knw alot about royver now.
@ sir royver, may God bless u n ur family.
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by fhunn: 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
Darn!!!!!!
When i saw this thread...seriously i didn't think it will be a plausible idea..an interview in a forum without realistic or virtual contact, to me it was like some idle people (that don't have something substantial to do) have come again just because they've been privileged to open threads but to my amazement it was a success, you guys pulled it off and had good member turnout just for a start!

Abeg make Baba God continue to dey rub una brain with better ideas.

I mean as far as you can handle and develop it even to the extent of airing it on channels tv ;/ it's a wonderful invention.
It makes us to know that at least we have credible members, i mean, if someone had told me Roy is a Doc, i would have just told the person to go get a life, asking him has he ever seen Roy with a stethoscope?

Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy, kudos.....that you're a doc and you still have time to dish out sumptous stories to the end, kudos. I had thought and would have continue thinking you (and most notable thread owners/people here and on other forum/youth sites) don't have certificate jobs, i mean doc, law, engineer(no be roadside own i dey talk about), e.t.c maybe you guys are just like sales guys, marketers, import guys, e.t.c. In short that you people don't have jobs that can earn you good life savings and which can make you interact with a nicer class of people not that those jobs mentioned above are not plausible but should not be taken as a full time job perhaps you/others should understand what i mean though it might be giving you six figures now but man life isn't about now, its also about the past, the present and the future...the future except that what you went to an institution to learn it should be a side job that you'll do with every cell in you when there is an opportunity not a full job. I didn't say its bad doing it but as you're doing it now look unto better things that will take you to where money won't be counted as anything.

Let's say there is a party now evrybody making money is invited. Now just watch assuming before the party people introduce themselves, you'll see there will be a caste system somewhat created and what you're doing for a living depends where you'll b.
Two people meet one a doc or a lawyer or an engineer and the other an importer or a reknown marketer, in the society the former has the upper hand.

Now, if the importer or marketer has a medical or law certificate or has a Phd in a significant area of study then in the society they will have the upper hand

life applications
Fela was a musician but because he went to school he was a renowned musician but his son femi is also a musician but if you look at it closely he is riding on his fathers success therefore he cant really beat his father's records that why he insisted that though his son wants to be a musician like him, he must go to school (primary, secondary and tertiary institutions)

Another example is Chimamanda. She is a writer but she read medicine.

Now some people will say everybody can't be a doctor or a lawyer, e.t.c. True, but don't deny yourself the opportunity to become one until you've given your best. Study to break the records not just to pass/beat the mark. And besides, its not bad if you're a lawyer and your ambition is to repair phones, if you're an engineer and what you want to do is to become a developer/reviewer/writer......just get the certificate the right way after graduation day, dump it in the dusty part of your shelf and go about your lifelong ambition but i tell you one day that certificate will pay off, its you yourself that will bring it out, dust it and hang it on your wall as a thing of pride.

A little (but necessary) derailing?
Hmph...

To Emzypaz and co-contributors thumbs up!!!! x3

ehen Royver before i forget wetin be the specs of those your amazonian princesses...i'll need one that will be warrior angel like their mother and have your writing skills/poise and bit of some doctor skills...mah con select for future purposes. *winks* ;/
you no even talk which side of Bendel? Ehn!

Might have broken so many forum rules but please tolerate this post smiley

Lengthy Post.....ppheeeewwwww

2 Likes

Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by Psalmwise(m): 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
hmmm ....9ce interview only dt it was kind of rowdy....well sha first day is always lik dat sha,big ups to d organizers of the interview, my question naw is ....who decides who to b interviewed?...........happy sunday
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by Emzypaz(m): 10:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
A 5-man panel will be elected either tomorrow or monday. Then each of them nominates a writer, and non panel member nominates by liking a post that has their choice. And if their choice isn't included, then maybe some other time. And that doesn't mean they shouldn't participate.
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by Psalmwise(m): 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
Emzypaz:
A 5-man panel will be elected either tomorrow or monday. Then each of them nominates a writer, and non panel member nominates by liking a post that has their choice. And if their choice isn't included, then maybe some other time. And that doesn't mean they shouldn't participate.
hmmmmmm....dat sounds abit 9ce.....pophet sam says may God grant u pplmore 9ce ideas....
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by Fatalveli(m): 11:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
*Still chilling wit my popcorn and fanta and looking up to how real dis thread is gonna become!
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by OMA4U(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2014
CHIMAMANDA IS NOT A DOCTOR! Sir fhunn

If person don dey talk to much, na dis kain thing go dey happen.
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by Fatalveli(m): 8:13am On Oct 19, 2014
Yes, Adichie isn't a doctor! She only studied medicine and pharmacy at
the University of Nigeria for a year and a
half. Pls we don't want false statement on this thread, don't mislead us!
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by Psalmwise(m): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2014
OMA4U:

una even gt time to read d d article wey due bros put for dere .... grin
OMA4U:

una even gt time to read d d article wey due bros put for dere ....
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by fhunn: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
OMA4U:

she read medicine, my friend!
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by fhunn: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
Psalmwise:
una even gt time to read d d article wey due bros put for dere .... ;Duna even gt time to read d d article wey due bros put for dere ....

u c.raze small ooo ehn...psalmwise grin smiley embarassed
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by fhunn: 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
Fatalveli:
Yes, Adichie isn't a doctor! She only studied medicine and pharmacy at
the University of Nigeria for a year and a
half. Pls we don't want false statement on this thread, don't mislead us!

true but at the back of one of her books( can't say precisely the exact book), in that section of about the author it was written that she studied medicine or that she was a student, don't you think that it kinda gives her an upper hand?

Btw would you say those that studied one course or the other in uni and at a time enrolled for ICAN and graduated in flying colours, became accountants in financial institutions, dont qualify to be called what they studied.

Okay, let's put it like this: She's an undergraduate in medicine and pharmacy.
I think that's better
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by fhunn: 1:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
Wait first out of the whole lengthy post is it chimamanda's part of how many lines that you read or took offence in? What 'bout the rest?

Not saying that the slightest deviation from the actual fact shouldn't be corrected, though because I've googled it and modified the post, tnks fatalveli and oma4u.
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by Psalmwise(m): 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
fhunn:

u c.raze small ooo ehn...psalmwise grin smiley embarassed
walks in wit chain saw....repeat wetin u talk .....Nah true nah wetin u rite too lng
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by 5minsmadness: 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
Chimamanda was a university undergraduate studying medicine and surgery at university of Nigeria, nsukka until her 400l when she went on holiday to england during one of the strikes/school breaks. She had already begun her novel 'purple hibiscus' and was inspired to finish it there. She gave it to a publisher who was impressed with her work and offered her £1million pounds for it which she took willingly(before nko?). The publisher went on to make far much money than he offered for the book(probably bought the copyright too) and so both author and publisher were very happy. She became an overnight sensation and the rest is history.

When asked in a not too recent interview whether she would like to go back to school and finish medicine she smiled wisely and said something like 'someday'. But till date she hasn't done so.

This is the info I have. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by fhunn: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
Psalmwise:
walks in wit chain saw....repeat wetin u talk .....Nah true nah wetin u rite too lng

e long sotey even the person wey dey by my side when i dey type am con begin dey ask me whether na comment i wan comment abi i wan create topic cheesy
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by Psalmwise(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
fhunn:

e long sotey even the person wey dey by my side when i dey type am con begin dey ask me whether na comment i wan comment abi i wan create topic cheesy
dis wan Dan pas comment .wen I first see am I tink say nah anoder thread I do mistake nter
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by fhunn: 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
Psalmwise:
dis wan Dan pas comment .wen I first see am I tink say nah anoder thread I do mistake nter

ah hear you cheesy
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by DanWrites(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
5minsmadness:
Chimamanda was a university undergraduate studying medicine and surgery at university of Nigeria, nsukka until her 400l when she went on holiday to england during one of the strikes/school breaks. She had already begun her novel 'purple hibiscus' and was inspired to finish it there. She gave it to a publisher who was impressed with her work and offered her £1million pounds for it which she took willingly(before nko?). The publisher went on to make far much money than he offered for the book(probably bought the copyright too) and so both author and publisher were very happy. She became an overnight sensation and the rest is history.

When asked in a not too recent interview whether she would like to go back to school and finish medicine she smiled wisely and said something like 'someday'. But till date she hasn't done so.

This is false.
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by 5minsmadness: 6:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
DanWrites:

This is false.
Which part?
And don't say all of it.
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by OMA4U(m): 12:55am On Oct 20, 2014
5minsmadness:

Source please. This is fallacy of the highest order!
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by texanomaly(f): 1:01am On Oct 20, 2014
OMA4U:

Source please. This is fallacy of the highest order!

You no dey sleep sef? tongue
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by OMA4U(m): 1:03am On Oct 20, 2014
Let me help a brother out

Adichie studied medicine and pharmacy at the
University of Nigeria for a year and a half. During this period, she edited The Compass, a magazine run by the university's Catholic medical students. At age 19, Adichie left Nigeria for the United States to study
communications and political science at Drexel
University in Philadelphia; she transferred to Eastern Connecticut State University to be near her sister, who had a medical practice in Coventry . She received a bachelor's degree from Eastern, with the distinction of summa cum laude in 2001.

In 2003, she completed a master's degree in creative writing at Johns Hopkins University. In 2008, she received a Master of Arts degree in African studies from Yale University. Adichie was a Hodder fellow at Princeton University during the 2005–06 academic year. In 2008 she was awarded a MacArthur Fellowship . She has also been awarded 2011–12 fellowship by the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study , Harvard University.
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by OMA4U(m): 1:04am On Oct 20, 2014
texanomaly:

You no dey sleep sef? tongue
sleep never come
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by texanomaly(f): 1:06am On Oct 20, 2014
OMA4U:
sleep never come

Shall I sing you a lullaby? grin
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by OMA4U(m): 1:08am On Oct 20, 2014
texanomaly:

Shall I sing you a lullaby? grin
Yeah, I'm earnestly waiting.
Re: WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) by texanomaly(f): 3:08am On Oct 20, 2014
OMA4U:
Yeah, I'm earnestly waiting.

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Looking For Movie Scripts For Nollywood / Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? / The Ash Rose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.