Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (699789 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Like? Just like? Lemme help u out here Lady... U 'literally' adore him. In fact, I suspect u've seen him in ur dreams a few times... Anyway, that aside, I saw d post u shared wit me and I was wondering abt sumtin... So I sent u an email. Pls kindly log in and see what it's about. Thanks.

And as 4 u my dear 'AWONIYI', The world await d diamond dat is in u... Keep balling and keep your eyes on d ball... See u at d very top. *smiles*

lol....*playing Miley's 'I adore you' for Awoniyi* grin

No, I haven't seen him in my dreams (I'm not obsessed) would be a nice addition though wink....I've replied your e-mail btw, check on it cool
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
U haven't huh? Ok... Maybe ur own get control mechanism.
Will check on d email rite away...

safarigirl:
lol....*playing Miley's 'I adore you' for Awoniyi* grin

No, I haven't seen him in my dreams (I'm not obsessed) would be a nice addition though wink....I've replied your e-mail btw, check on it cool
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by gbens2000(m): 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
Samson Siasia will have an array of talented arsenal of players to select from...just as the dream team in 96,these guys will put smiles on the faces of Nigerians...
una don start dey hype did guys again abi?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
Danycrusoe:

You Are Welcom. Our Coaches Still Lag Behind When It Comes To Tactical Aspect Of The Round Leather Game. Watching The Game Against Germany, I Couldnt Believe That Was A Team Under The Same Coach Who Built A Team That Won A World Cup Competition By Beating All Comers Albeit Playing Beautiful Football And Scoring Great Goals. The Team Played Like A Sunday Set Football Side Without A Motive. The Tactical Deficiency Of Our Coaches Is Evident In The Super Falcon And Partially In The Super Eagles
i couldn't have said it any better. Our national team coaches lack technical skills. That is the edge the whites have over us.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
Nice to be here!!!
Bye bye to the U20 thread completely!
If anyone sights me on that heartbreaking thread, pls report me to the nearest MOD!!!grin grin
@ SuperNerd and Mikron, no more over hyping

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Nice to be here!!!
If anyone sights me on that heartbreaking thread, pls report me to the nearest MOD!!!grin grin

You are welcome on board, I pray this thread would give us more joy and not leave us heart broken unlike Under 20 guys...

This is he time for Samson Siasia to shine with array of boys at his disposal. He needs to blend some guys from under 20 team with the present Dream team.
I am damn sure with support from NFF, team selection without bias and sentiment, who should be proud of a team to beat at next Olympic...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
Funny and intelligent u are Sir Adeyemi. You had to say dat just 2 draw me out huh? Well guess wat? IT WORKED!!! Happy now? *smiles*
But seriously, I'm innocent... If u view all my posts in d u20 thread with an open mind, u'll discover dat I was just being blunt(i.e. Saying it as it is) and absolutely truthful... *At least I beliv I was... well, I'll leave dat to da house to judge*
Iheanacho overhyped? Come on Sir, he's THE REAL DEAL. Yahaya too? He's outta dis world and there've been no beta assist in NZ till date since Yahaya's audacious Rabona pass. MANY OF THE BOYS IN DAT SQUAD ARE WORTH THE HYPE... Coz it's no hype at all. It's just plain truth...
So thank u 4 knowing how to put pple on da defensive and 4 having a talent 4 making pple respond. *smiles* You're good... I gotta run now. See y'all soon again...

adeyemi2015:
Nice to be here!!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
U haven't huh? Ok... Maybe ur own get control mechanism.
Will check on d email rite away...

check your mail smiley
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Why won't they be? In fact, Who wouldn't be? It's just like inviting Don Moen to a big music concert and we NEVER GET TO SEE HIM PERFORM!!!

What Outrageousness, I tell you.....
An act of Floccipaucinihilipilification, I tell you...
Pls 4give my sesquipedalianism...
WHAT MANU AND UGBADE DID WAS TOTALLY 'UNCREATIVE'... Such "Buffooness" I tell you...

*yeah, yeah, hv a nice laugh* #smiles

Floccipaucinihilipilification-i was unable to read d word at my first attempt. Hmmm. Another sport Patrick in making. Can't stop laughing. Kudos to u sir.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Funny and intelligent u are Sir Adeyemi. You had to say dat just 2 draw me out huh? Well guess wat? IT WORKED!!! Happy now? *smiles*
But seriously, I'm innocent... If u view all my posts in d u20 thread with an open mind, u'll discover dat I was just being blunt(i.e. Saying it as it is) and absolutely truthful... *At least I beliv I was... well, I'll leave dat to da house to judge*
Iheanacho overhyped? Come on Sir, he's THE REAL DEAL. Yahaya too? He's outta dis world and there've been no beta assist in NZ till date since Yahaya's audacious Rabona pass. MANY OF THE BOYS IN DAT SQUAD ARE WORTH THE HYPE... Coz it's no hype at all. It's just plain truth...
So thank u 4 knowing how to put pple on da defensive and 4 having a talent 4 making pple respond. *smiles* You're good... I gotta run now. See y'all soon again...

grin grin grin
It's a joy to see you guys here! You guys were really missed on the U20 thread! So sad to announce the death of the thread on this platform. We love U20 thread but God loves it more than us!
RIP to U20 thread!
grin grin grin
Let's set the Ball rolling and make it more bubble than U20 thread. But we shouldn't be overconfident of the U23 Lads, rather we should always analyse their ups and downs! Who knows if SiaOne is on this thread! He wants to succeed and he needs good Analysts like you, the OP, Icon4, Linked, Mikron, AIG07, Safarigirl and the rest to succeed!
grin grin grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
casket:

You are welcome on board, I pray this thread would give us more joy and not leave us heart broken unlike Under 20 guys...

This is he time for Samson Siasia to shine with array of boys at his disposal. He needs to blend some guys from under 20 team with the present Dream team.
I am damn sure with support from NFF, team selection without bias and sentiment, who should be proud of a team to beat at next Olympic...
Thanks Bro!
I hope so! But we shouldn't starve this thread with updates, epistles, gist, rumours, grapevines et cetera!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by LeeCodeman: 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
I register my presence guys. *winks*

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
adeyemi2015:

grin grin grin
It's a joy to see you guys here! You guys were really missed on the U20 thread! So sad to announce the death of the thread on this platform. We love U20 thread but God loves it more than us!
RIP to U20 thread!
grin grin grin
Let's set the Ball rolling and make it more bubble than U20 thread. But we shouldn't be overconfident of the U23 Lads, rather we should always analyse their ups and downs! Who knows if SiaOne is on this thread! He wants to succeed and he needs good Analysts like you, the OP, Icon4, Linked, Mikron, AIG07, Safarigirl and the rest to succeed!
grin grin grin
tnx bro. good observation grin grin grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Nice to be here!!!
cheesy
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
Danycrusoe:
Good To See The Main Men Of U20 Thread Here, The Likes Of TheGoodjoe, AIG, Supernerd etc. Still Looking Forward To See Safarigirl, mikron, daninya, CFCfan Here Soon. Joseph, I SALUTE YOU, Keep The Good Work Going. Hopefully The Dream Team Wont Disappoint Like The Flying Eagles.
Let The Deliberations, the Arguments And The Analysis Begin

I am sports on..
Let's roll.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 7:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
safarigirl:
will always be interested in him even if I never get to meet him. I just like him a lot smiley
Pardon Me If I Sound Somehow, But Am Sure You Wont Mind Becoming Mrs. Awoniyi........
na joke ooo before u OBAIHAGBONIZE me with ur sword-like statememts... LOL
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Pardon Me If I Sound Somehow, But Am Sure You Wont Mind Becoming Mrs. Awoniyi........
na joke ooo before u OBAIHAGBONIZE me with ur sword-like statememts... LOL
of course I won't mind. Who no like better thing?

But Imma keep it real for now. He doesn't know me so.....no point right?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 7:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
safarigirl:
of course I won't mind. Who no like better thing?

But Imma keep it real for now. He doesn't know me so.....no point right?
Absolutely No Point.. I Rest The Case.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
In 4 weeks time, the Dream Team will take on Congo Brazzaville in a 2016 Olympic qualifier. The winner of this tie advances to the last round of the qualifiers, to be hosted in Senegal.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 7:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
gbens2000:
Forget It. No One Is Over-Hyping d guys, dey r GOOD its d FACT. It has bin evident since d CAF U17 championship by DESTROYING TEAMS with score lines that are not just HIGH but score lines that the SUPER EAGLES would ENVY.
D point x dat THE GUYS DIDNT FAIL, it is MANU GARBA WHO FAILED THEM by approaching games with selections, tactics and formations that d guys are un-familiar With Thereby Making The Team Look UNDER-ORDINARY. Some Players May Not Have Performed Well e.g Enaholo, Bulbwa etc but we know some of them that are VERY GOOD AND INTELLIGENT PLAYERS who are not rated by their achievements at U17 LEVEL only but with what they have being able to ACCOMPLISH AT CLUBSIDES and any OTHER PLACE THEY FOUND THEMSELVES e.g IHEANACHO, S.ISAAC, S.MOSES, T.AWONIYI, M.YAHAYA, C.EZE, these are players who have made SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS AND CONTRIBUTIONS in a place at one time or the other. Their Exploits Speak For Them

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by P0intBlank(m): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hello Everyone. Good 2 be here. Has anyone wondered why CAF is duplicating U-23 tournament. Why not use the AAG tournament? Why create another U-23 tournament?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
seems everyone arrived b4 me let's say d opening prayer oh.time for some arguments na who will set the ball rolling#football passion
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Emilokoiyawon: 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
The games are only a year away so by now I expect Siasia to have a decent team structure in place. That is, he should already be playing with at least 80% of the players that would eventually make the Olympic Football team. And due to the conflict in the FIFA calendar he must build his team around young NPFL and Nigerian based Academy players as the foreign based players would not be available for team blending. Eventually towards the end of the next European league season next year he can try to incorporate more experience foreign based players like Iheanacho, Isaac Success and Moses Simon into the final team. I would expect Awoniyi to play a critical role in the team's attack as he has shown the ability to score needed goals when called upon by Siasia. Also don't limit your preparation to playing Nigerian and African based opposition and if possible get a temporary European based (like Westerhof did with the 94 team) where your team can face credible European and or South American opposition.

The creative midfield is an area that needs a lot of work as no Nigerian team (senior or junior) can boast of a satisfactory creativity in midfield. Part of that is due to the inability of our league to quality midfielders and also a lack of imagination on the part of our coaches and technical team. As far as I can tell this team (U23) does not have a credible no.10 - so I have a suggestion to make to Siasia. When the next European league season rounds up bring in Rabiu Ibrahim (you are allowed one or two over-aged player) and try to incorporate him into your existing midfield - you might have to work with Keshi to make this possible but I see it as the best fix to the midfield problem. Again, as I follow your progress I will be looking at your team's on-the-ball and off-the-ball organization and pattern. Our national teams have always struggled to maintain their tactical shape either off-the-ball or on-the-ball and this has, in my opinion, might be responsible for most of the challenges we face when we play European and South American teams. If we can deal with this problem which is partly tactical and partly players-disciplined based then I see Nigeria joining the world's top 10 teams in the not so distant future. Good luck Mr. Siasia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hey! Oga abeg o... No 4get 'elders' lyk the GoodJoe, LeeCodeman, Tbaba1234, Lexyman, and a few odas(u've already mentioned d oda 'top guns' here esp Safarigirl).

Ehen! Oya! Let's get ready to rumble!

GO GO GO SUPER DREAM TEAM EAGLES! ! ! ! ! ! !

*as always, sum1 somewhere is saying, "una don come again abi?" and my answer is, "Yes! We don come again and there's nuffin u can do abt it!"
#bigsmiles

adeyemi2015:

grin grin grin
RIP to U20 thread!
grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 10:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
P0intBlank:
Hello Everyone. Good 2 be here. Has anyone wondered why CAF is duplicating U-23 tournament. Why not use the AAG tournament? Why create another U-23 tournament?
CAF or wetin be their name. Sincerely d association tsef is not organised. D way we play our football(competitions) here in africa is funny. For example CAF champions league n confederations cup is trash. You just find out that teams(clubs) keeps eliminating each other den u hear semi-final n final-very funny n we no plenty reach d europeans. N this same thing is done in other qualifiers-except d AFCON. I think d Grouping system s still d best way for football n not a random choosing like this one wen a team no go sabi is opponents ontime.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
samueld0:

Sorry I 4got to mention Isaac Success.

You are right!! but I doubt if Siasia will want to overhoul his entire team by inviting all this Manu boys, remember Siasia too is a man of pride he's only beter than Keshi with a small magin.

It is not about overhauling. Coach Siasia should invite these players to camp, run a trial session and select the best players. I believe most of the last Flying Eagles players are better. Any Flying Eagles player that is better in any position should take up the role.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
gbens2000:

The players are worth the hype they get. The coaches failed them and did not allow the World witness some of the best players of the game in modern history. The Boys did not fail. Coach Manu Garba threw away his chance of having a shot at Grooming the Golden Generation of African Football.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
casket:

I Do not trust Siasia. He did the same thing that Manu Garba did with the Coach Yemi Tela U17 World Cup winning team. I Will be lying if I say I am optimistic. We can see why Nigeria is yet to win the U20 World Cup.

Coach Siasia gave unmerited players positions in the squad and kept true talents on the bench. He sabotaged the team like when Ibrahim Rabiu scored and he pulled him out of the pitch immediately.

We have talents but most coaches suck.

I am hoping God makes a way somehow for these lads to make it. But, the Coaches? SMH.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It is not about overhauling. Coach Siasia should invite these players to camp, run a trial session and select the best players. I believe most of the last Flying Eagles players are better. Any Flying Eagles player that is better in any position should take up the role.
TheGoodJoe:

Do not trust Siasia. He did the same thing that Manu Garba did with the Coach Yemi Tela U17 World Cup winning team. I Will be lying if I say I am optimistic. We can see why Nigeria is yet to win the U20 World Cup.

Coach Siasia gave unmerited players position in the squad and kept true talents on the bench. He sabotaged the team like when Ibrahim Rabiu scored and he pulled him out of the pitch immediately.

We have talents but most coaches suck.

I am hoping God makes a way somehow for these lads to make it. But, the Coaches? SMH.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
It is time we know some of those boys were in on whatever scam Manu Garba and Ugbade carried out at New Zealand. Most especially Enaholo in the game against Brazil. That was proper match fixing. That boy let in those goals.

Same with the German goal.

Heck, thinking of it, Haruna in the U20 World Cup against Germany playing for Siasia. What was he doing? That was also a fixed game.

My heart is still bleeding.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 16, 2015
SiaOne doesn't have a Team yet, he's still building....!!!
It's obvious, through his previous comments, that he's gonna inject many of the U20 Lads into his main Team. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the Lads, especially the Foreign Pros get the invitations for the next U23 qualifying match against the Congolese!
SiaOne needs Iheanacho, Success, Simon, Yahaya and Awoniyi in his Squad; these Lads can unlock a stubborn defense and score goals (as proven by Awoniyi in his first outing for the Team).
I hope U23 thread wouldn't send us porting to.....
The House is getting full gradually......grin grin grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 16, 2015
P0intBlank:
As far as Issa Hayatou is still running the show, don't expect anything positive from the CAF! He should do the needful and follow the footstep of his mentor, Sep Blatter.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.