Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,243 members, 7,846,143 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702017 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
enomakos:
are you sure the match was sold joe?

What tactical input or changes did Coach Manu Garba do to show he intended to win the game. It is only a coach satisfied with the performance that will refuse to change. His changes weakened our chances of winning. Until he can give me a reason why he turned into the dumbest coach I ever witnessed, the only explanation is that he sold that game. And this is not the first time things Likud these happen.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tomtoxic:
I disagree bro take a case of Mikel nd igiebor.Mikel is beta but if it is my team I will rather pick igiebor cuz he z faster nd I love pacy football so a deficiency might make him go to d next player in d pecking order our coach wit his own philosophy bro

Among the pacy midfieders, let Siasia invite them to camp and compare his player that plays like Nosa in the U23 with a player of the same quality in the Flying Eagles. Then Siasia should select the best, if not he is a bias and sentimental coach.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
gbens2000:
@goodjoe,wen d match i s fixed and d boys loose wat do d agents gain,and is FIFA part of dis fixings,wat abt d beting organization do dey benefit?.

The agents have players in other countries too and if they progress, they make more money. Also, some of these agents are into sports betting match fixing and they make ridiculous money from it. So there is a lot to gain in fixing a game.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
Real Madrid Castilla in recent years produced nice crop of players like Morata, Jese Rodrigues, Carvajal. Derik did not only play with these guys in the Castilla but he played together with them for the Spanish junior teams. That shows he is quality and Samson Siasia must give him a call up if the medal is important to him. Coach Keshi should give him an immediate call up to secure him as a player of Nigeria before Spain gives him a chance.

Daninya11:
Should NFF act fast now and snap him up ? Have your say in the comment box below
Former Spain youth international defender,Derik Osede Prieto, simply known as Derik,who plays for Real Madrid Castilla as a central defender has revealed to BBC Sport why he wants to play for Nigeria.

The 22-year-old centre-back, who is known simply as Derik, has played at all youth levels for Spain including two appearances for the Under-21 team.

But Derik, a regular for European giants Real Madrid’s B side, is eligible to play for the Super Eagles because his father is Nigerian.

And under Fifa rules he is free to switch because he has not yet played for a country’s senior national team.

Despite possessing the talent to potentially make the step up to Spain’s senior side, Derik has issued what appears to be effectively a come-and-get-me plea to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

“I have lived in Spain all my life and I am not sure the people in Nigeria are aware that I have Nigerian blood,” Derik told BBC Sport.

“The immediate plan now is to go out on loan elsewhere, because at this age I need stability and regular football”

Derik

“But I crave for something special with Nigeria because it will give me a chance to properly connect with the ancestral home of my father.

“My father is from Benin City [southern Nigeria] and even though I have never been there I always follow events in Nigeria.

“I celebrated when the country won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013 and I was cheering the team at the last World Cup in Brazil.”

Derik joined Real Madrid’s academy in 2002 at the age of nine and has steadily made the transition from the club’s C team to the Castilla side [B side], where he has become an integral member of La Fabrica.

An extremely athletic centre-back with great vision, Derik’s talent has not gone unnoticed.

Former Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti included him in his 20-man squad for the 2014 summer International Champions Cup in the United States.

But Derik bides his time to make the grade at club level, he has already decided his international future belongs with the country of his father and not the country of his birth.

“Playing for Spain was the foundation to where I am today and I can never take that for granted,” he said.

“You can’t throw away your education or outgrow it, Spain gave me what I have now and my hard work got me to where I am.

“But somehow I feel one half of my life has always been left untouched and I need to fix that.”

Derik has rejected suggestions he could be using Nigeria as a bargaining chip in his push for a call-up from the Spanish U-23 or senior selectors.

He insists: “Even if it’s difficult for some people to understand, I have made my decision [to represent Nigeria] and am going to stick to it.

“My father has not influenced my decision in any way. I respect him and adore his outlook on life but it’s my personal desire to play for Nigeria.

“When you look around Europe there are several Nigerian players playing at the top level and the future looks bright for the team.

http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/derik-osede-prietoreal-madrid-youngsters-nigeria-dream/

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lardy96(m): 5:19am On Jun 17, 2015
Flying Eagles coach explains Iheanacho bench role at U20 W/Cup
- Following the criticism that trailed his
team selections after Nigeria’s ouster from the
FIFA U20 World Cup, Nigeria U20 coach Manu
Garba has said he only selected the players he
thought would give him the required results.
Speaking exclusively to News24, the 49-year
old explained why he shunned Kelechi
Iheanacho and Isaac Success after they first
game, saying he selected his team based on
what he saw in trainings.
“I selected the players based on what they did
in training,” he said, “I selected all the players
on merit.
“When Success (Isaac) and Kelechi (Iheanacho)
joined the team, the form they showed and
the kind of goals they scored meant they
couldn’t be ignored for that first game against
Brazil.
“But Kelechi (Iheanacho) wasn’t doing enough
defensively and maybe it had to do with the
injury he suffered before he joined us.
“We decided to adopt the pattern we used at
the Africa Youth Championship in our second
game against North Korea because we needed
to attack and defend as a team, which we
didn’t do against Brazil.”
Asked why he never recalled Iheanacho to
starting eleven and why he made certain
changes to the team, Manu said it was his
team and he knew the players better, but
blamed the weather for the loss to Germany.
“Everybody in Nigeria is a coach but it was my
team and I knew the players better. We had
to make sure we qualified from the group and
we used the players we thought would give us
that.
“But in that game against Germany, the
weather was 3 degrees and the players
couldn’t cope,” he said.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:03am On Jun 17, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The Coach of Cape Verde spent some months with Mourinho, improving his coaching skills. Zidane spent some months in Germany with Guardiola, developing his skills.

I wonder why the NFF can not organize such arrangements for our talented coaches. In case that will not horn their match fixing skills.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:05am On Jun 17, 2015
If the weather was so bad, why not bring in players like Nacho, Yahaya and Moses who have trained and played in winter. The excuse does not add up.

lardy96:
on merit.
Brazil.
that.
couldn’t cope,” he said.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:22am On Jun 17, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The Coach of Cape Verde spent some months with Mourinho, improving his coaching skills. Zidane spent some months in Germany with Guardiola, developing his skills.

I wonder why the NFF can not organize such arrangements for our talented coaches. In case that will not horn their match fixing skills.
no wonder cape verd a nation whose population is a little above 500,000 were springing suprises in football, almost qualifying for d world cup ahead of Cameroun, defeating portugal(someone will say d portugese didn't future their best legs). Our coaches needs to learn some basic things apart outside football. Things like human relationship, man management etc. Our coaches have a strain relationship wit d players n how do u expect d boys to give their best wen d dressing room,camp's atmosphere is poor-coach n player fighting. They keep shouting discipline(keshi) wen de demselves are not disciplined. They've forgotten that these men are professionals who earn big n most of them can pay d coach's salary n knowing fully well that the boys are cliqs(friends n fight for each other remembering Sia1's failure AFCON12 fighting mikel which led to taiwo,osaze, enyeama's rift)-one f d solution is for them to learn under these successful managers!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:23am On Jun 17, 2015
safarigirl:
send who to where? The issue isn't that they're not tactically sound, the issue is EGO and ain't no 'refresher course' even in Jupiter that can cure EGO. Don't waste money on those people, you can send them and it won't change nada. Nobody will be sent anywhere, did the Malian and Senegalese U20 coaches go abroad? You know the players you have and their capabilities, you use them. Nobody on the Malian and Senegalese teams have half of Isaac or KC's talent, Yahaya and Moses are better midfielders than those guys, but Manu let those boys rot on the bench because of PRIDE and EGO.
but for the sake of football development in our nation
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:37am On Jun 17, 2015
lardy96:
on merit.
Brazil.
that.
couldn’t cope,” he said.
laughing-justifying himself. Y not use those who are a bit familiar to d temp-by d way d we trained at germany-So whats d diff. Abeg tell us d truth-we're not fools

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:05am On Jun 17, 2015
lardy96:
I selected the players based on what they did
on merit
Brazil.
But Kelechi (Iheanacho) wasn’t doing enough
injury he suffered before he joined us
that.
couldn’t cope,” he said.

The first 2 bolded reasons are valid.

But the last bolded i.e weather? Was is not here on nairaland that we trashed the issue of Camping in Germany( which are experiencing summer) and going to play In New Zealand where they currently experience winter. BTW how come the same weather did not affect Mali? undecided

In other news: Brazil mauled Senegal 5-0 this morning.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by obaobirin: 8:14am On Jun 17, 2015
Young Spanish defender, Derik Osede Prieto has revealed why he is dumping the opportunity to play for the Spanish senior team for Nigeria, his native country.

Derik, who has played at all youth levels for Spain told BBC Sport that he is ready to represent Nigeria at any stage he may be needed to feature.

Please who knows the lad's history

Safarigirl
TheGoodJoe

And other soccer fans on this thread

i did a little search on him and i got this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZEkJJhodSw

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:30am On Jun 17, 2015
If Nacho did well in training with respect to his attack, why did Manu Garba not bring him in when we were a goal down to Germany. We needed goals, not defending.

Does that excuse his refusal to play the likes of Simon Moses and Yahaya when we were chasing the game against Germany.

Icon4s:

The first 2 bolded reasons are valid.

But the last bolded i.e weather? Was is not here on nairaland that we trashed the issue of Camping in Germany( which are experiencing summer) and going to play In New Zealand where they currently experience winter. BTW how come the same weather did not affect Mali? undecided

In other news: Brazil mauled Senegal 5-0 this morning.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 10:45am On Jun 17, 2015
Pls any news relating to the under 20's should be trashed on the now deserted under 20 thread. I came here to move on on the disappointments manu garba and co gave Nigerians and you guys are still dragging us back. This is u23 thread,let's move on please
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
I think this thread is exclusively opened for the U23 Team! The Knife has already done it worse, thus no need questioning how it happened, rather attend to the injury and move on!
This is U23 thread, if you are still bothered by the Flying Eagles exit from the Competition, I think the U20 thread is a place to channel and show your grievances! The Thread, though presently on the sick bed, but it's breathing!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
bigblangston:
Pls any news relating to the under 20's should be trashed on the now deserted under 20 thread. I came here to move on on the disappointments manu garba and co gave Nigerians and you guys are still dragging us back. This is u23 thread,let's move on please

I disagree, if you do not know where you are coming from, how will we know where we are going to.

For instance, we trusted the coaching crew so much that when the NFF and the coaching crew told us that the climatic conditions of Germany and New Zealand are the same, we accepted it without reasoning. It is impossible for both countries to have the same climatic conditions.

The Flying Eagles trained at 22°C in Germany and played against Germany at 3°C. Imagine.

With what we learnt in the last outing, we can scrutinize decisions of the coaches and NFF with more diligence.

So I think this thread is a continuation of the last thread and we should note any mistake of the last team and learn from it.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lardy96(m): 2:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
If Nacho did well in training with respect to his attack, why did Manu Garba not bring him in when we were a goal down to Germany. We needed goals, not defending.

Does that excuse his refusal to play the likes of Simon Moses and Yahaya when we were chasing the game against Germany.

Losing is one thing, trying to justify the defeat is another. the man should just take the blame,wat happened against Germany was totally his fault

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
lardy96:
Losing is one thing, trying to justify the defeat is another. the man should just take the blame,wat happened against Germany was totally his fault

He intentionally sold the match for his selfish gain. Them Manu Garba I saw at New zeeland was not the previous Manu Garba of U17, AYC and Glo super six

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jotey(m): 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
The 22-year-old centre-back, who is known simply as Derik, has played at all
youth levels for Spain including two appearances for the Under-21 team.
But Derik, a regular for European giants Real Madrid's B side, is eligible to play
for the Super Eagles because his father is Nigerian.
And under Fifa rules he is free to switch because he has not yet played for a
country's senior national team.
Despite possessing the talent to potentially make the step up to Spain's senior
side, Derik has issued what appears to be effectively a come-and-get-me plea
to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).
"I have lived in Spain all my life and I am not sure the people in Nigeria are
aware that I have Nigerian blood," Derik told BBC Sport.
The immediate plan now is to go out on loan elsewhere,
because at this age I need stability and regular football
Derik
"But I crave for something special with Nigeria because it will give me a chance
to properly connect with the ancestral home of my father.
"My father is from Benin City [southern Nigeria] and even though I have never
been there I always follow events in Nigeria.
"I celebrated when the country won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013 and I was
cheering the team at the last World Cup in Brazil."
Derik joined Real Madrid's academy in 2002 at the age of nine and has steadily
made the transition from the club's C team to the Castilla side [B side], where
he has become an integral member of La Fabrica.
An extremely athletic centre-back with great vision, Derik's talent has not gone
unnoticed.
Former Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti included him in his 20-man squad
for the 2014 summer International Champions Cup in the United States.
But while Derik bides his time to make the grade at club level, he has already
decided his international future belongs with the country of his father and not
the country of his birth.
"Playing for Spain was the foundation to where I am today and I can never take
that for granted," he said.
"You can't throw away your education or outgrow it, Spain gave me what I
have now and my hard work got me to where I am.
"But somehow I feel one half of my life has always been left untouched and I
need to fix that."
Derik has rejected suggestions he could be using Nigeria as a bargaining chip in
his push for a call-up from the Spanish U-23 or senior selectors.
He insists: "Even if it's difficult for some people to understand, I have made my
decision [to represent Nigeria] and am going to stick to it.
"My father has not influenced my decision in any way. I respect him and adore
his outlook on life but it's my personal desire to play for Nigeria.
"When you look around Europe there are several Nigerian players playing at the
top level and the future looks bright for the team.
"With that in mind I want to be a part of that group. I do not need favours from
anyone, I only need an opportunity.
"I eat Nigeria's wheat meal, listen to Nigerian music and play as Taribo West
[former Nigeria central defender] on video games online.
"If I get a chance with Nigeria, I believe my versatility as a player will make me
stand out."
Despite his ambition of flying with the Super Eagles someday he is only too
aware of the challenges ahead in the coming years.
Derik made his Real Madrid B team debut against Millonarios in 2012, the same
year he won the European Under-19 Championship with Spain.
But in June 2014 Real Madrid B suffered an embarrassing relegation into the
third tier of Spanish football and Derik knows plummeting down that road could
dash his hopes.
He is aware that level is a far cry from the incredible heights being enjoyed by
the likes of Sergio Ramos and Pepe - his more illustrious rivals - in the first
team.
"I would like to play in the Real Madrid first team someday, knowing if I did that
maybe the chance would be there to play for Nigeria," he explained.
"But if I am not playing at the top level week in, week out, I wouldn't expect to
receive a call from anyone because that would be daydreaming.
"The immediate plan now is to go out on loan elsewhere, because at this age I
need stability and regular football to fulfil my dream.
"Training alongside big players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Modric,
Sergio Ramos and Pepe gives you a taste of what you can be as a footballer.
"The hard truth is that there is no available shortcut to reaching that level and
staying there. I need to work extremely hard wherever I go and play first team
football regularly. "
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
Why are we being starved of information We need updates regularly on the 23 Team as its obtainable in the U20 thread! cheesy cheesy grin grin
I implore Joseph1013, and the principal Posters to do the needful!!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2015
jotey:

The 22-year-old centre-back, who is known simply as Derik, has played at all
youth levels for Spain including two appearances for the Under-21 team.
But Derik, a regular for European giants Real Madrid's B side, is eligible to play
for the Super Eagles because his father is Nigerian.
And under Fifa rules he is free to switch because he has not yet played for a
country's senior national team.
Despite possessing the talent to potentially make the step up to Spain's senior
side, Derik has issued what appears to be effectively a come-and-get-me plea
to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).
"I have lived in Spain all my life and I am not sure the people in Nigeria are
aware that I have Nigerian blood," Derik told BBC Sport.
The immediate plan now is to go out on loan elsewhere,
because at this age I need stability and regular football
Derik
"But I crave for something special with Nigeria because it will give me a chance
to properly connect with the ancestral home of my father.
"My father is from Benin City [southern Nigeria] and even though I have never
been there I always follow events in Nigeria.
"I celebrated when the country won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013 and I was
cheering the team at the last World Cup in Brazil."
Derik joined Real Madrid's academy in 2002 at the age of nine and has steadily
made the transition from the club's C team to the Castilla side [B side], where
he has become an integral member of La Fabrica.
An extremely athletic centre-back with great vision, Derik's talent has not gone
unnoticed.
Former Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti included him in his 20-man squad
for the 2014 summer International Champions Cup in the United States.
But while Derik bides his time to make the grade at club level, he has already
decided his international future belongs with the country of his father and not
the country of his birth.
"Playing for Spain was the foundation to where I am today and I can never take
that for granted," he said.
"You can't throw away your education or outgrow it, Spain gave me what I
have now and my hard work got me to where I am.
"But somehow I feel one half of my life has always been left untouched and I
need to fix that."
Derik has rejected suggestions he could be using Nigeria as a bargaining chip in
his push for a call-up from the Spanish U-23 or senior selectors.
He insists: "Even if it's difficult for some people to understand, I have made my
decision [to represent Nigeria] and am going to stick to it.
"My father has not influenced my decision in any way. I respect him and adore
his outlook on life but it's my personal desire to play for Nigeria.
"When you look around Europe there are several Nigerian players playing at the
top level and the future looks bright for the team.
"With that in mind I want to be a part of that group. I do not need favours from
anyone, I only need an opportunity.
"I eat Nigeria's wheat meal, listen to Nigerian music and play as Taribo West
[former Nigeria central defender] on video games online.
"If I get a chance with Nigeria, I believe my versatility as a player will make me
stand out."
Despite his ambition of flying with the Super Eagles someday he is only too
aware of the challenges ahead in the coming years.
Derik made his Real Madrid B team debut against Millonarios in 2012, the same
year he won the European Under-19 Championship with Spain.
But in June 2014 Real Madrid B suffered an embarrassing relegation into the
third tier of Spanish football and Derik knows plummeting down that road could
dash his hopes.
He is aware that level is a far cry from the incredible heights being enjoyed by
the likes of Sergio Ramos and Pepe - his more illustrious rivals - in the first
team.
"I would like to play in the Real Madrid first team someday, knowing if I did that
maybe the chance would be there to play for Nigeria," he explained.
"But if I am not playing at the top level week in, week out, I wouldn't expect to
receive a call from anyone because that would be daydreaming.
"The immediate plan now is to go out on loan elsewhere, because at this age I
need stability and regular football to fulfil my dream.
"Training alongside big players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Modric,
Sergio Ramos and Pepe gives you a taste of what you can be as a footballer.
"The hard truth is that there is no available shortcut to reaching that level and
staying there. I need to work extremely hard wherever I go and play first team
football regularly. "

Since he is 22yrs old, Siasia can atleast invite him
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Why are we being starved of information We need updates regularly on the 23 Team as its obtainable in the U20 thread! cheesy cheesy grin grin

Bros hu says u too cannot give us information.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 10:02am On Jun 18, 2015
adeyemi2015:

No constant news or information on the U23 team yet, the few one's we are seeing are being directed here.
You too can make some findings and post them here to ease mr Joseph and other of data wasting
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
Assistant coach of the National U23 team, Fatai Amoo says the Siasia-led Dream Team VI technical crew will gather useful information on next month’s CAF U23 Championship qualifiers opponent, Congo ( The tournament which acts as qualification to the 2016 Summer Olympics men’s football tournament) ahead of the crunch first-leg match.

Amoo told www.footballlive.ng that the world is now a global village and as result sourcing info would be quite easy.

Claude Le Roy’s Congo stopped Ghana’s Black Meteors with a fine second leg performance to set up a meeting against Nigeria.

‘ The World has become a global village now where you can be in your bedroom and get so much information about who ever. So we’ll make we scout and get as much information about them before we play them.’

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Hey! Oga abeg o... No 4get 'elders' lyk the GoodJoe, LeeCodeman, Tbaba1234, Lexyman, and a few odas(u've already mentioned d oda 'top guns' here esp Safarigirl).

Ehen! Oya! Let's get ready to rumble!

GO GO GO SUPER DREAM TEAM EAGLES! ! ! ! ! ! !

*as always, sum1 somewhere is saying, "una don come again abi?" and my answer is, "Yes! We don come again and there's nuffin u can do abt it!"
#bigsmiles

Why do you like wasting land (space) like this, did you not read economics the foundation of becoming a miser of resources in school? -s-m-i-l-e-s-
Eheen my heart broke into pieces after the failure of the-*'.--;..;;...::''''' but I just managed to pick up the pieces and found my self here.
Let the gist flow.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
*Big smiles*
Well Sir, I beliv Nairaland's data center is more dan enuf to accomodate as much space as needed. *smiles again*
Nice to hear 4m u again Sir... It's been quite awhile... *more smiles*

Orkpekyandega:

Why do you like wasting land (space) like this, did you not read economics the foundation of becoming a miser of resources in school? -s-m-i-l-e-s-
Eheen my heart broke into pieces after the failure of the-*'.--;..;;...::''''' but I just managed to pick up the pieces and found my self here.
Let the gist flow.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
Siasia invites Awoniyi, Saviour, others to U-23 camp

National Under-23 coach, Samson Siasia has invited five members of the Flying Eagles squad to the FIFA Under-20 World Cup to fortify his team ahead of the 2016 Olympic Games qualifier their counterparts from Congo next month.
Top on the list is talented goal scorer, Taiwo Awniyi who scored the two goals that gave Nigeria the 2-1 win over Zamia in Lusaka, captain of the Flying Eagles, Musa Mohammed, Saviour Godwin, defender Onyinye Ndidi who plays professional football in Belgium as well as midfielder, Musa Yahaya who just joined English side, Tottenham Hotspur.

WAY TO NEW ZEALAND: Taiwo Awoniyi points the way to New Zealand 2015 after scoring against Congo yesterday.
Siasia told Vanguard Sports yesterday that there is the need for him to call up some of the boys from the Flying Eagles especially those who were with the team when they defeated Zambia 2-1 in Lusaka last April in the 2015 All Africa Games qualifier slated for Congo Brazzaville later in the year. He however revealed that he gave them one week break so as to refresh after returning from the world cup tournament.
The former Super Eagles striker also said the focus of his team is to do well so as to win the support of Nigerian fans adding that to achieve that means that he team must begin to score goals, even as regretted that so far the boys have not been able to convert the chances they create in every match they play.
“We want to do well; we want to win the heart of Nigerian fans and to do that means that we have to score goals because if you don’t score goals you cannot win matches, yes it is still a team that is growing but even when we play weaker teams, we have to score goals but we are not scoring goals, it is a big problem and that is what we are working at right now.
“For the match against Congo here in Nigeria, we have to prepare very well because you cannot give what you don’t have, we have to improve in the areas of goal scoring as I said earlier and to build the confidence of the boys because we can keep possessions but we must have to put that ball inside that net to win matches.”
Siasia also revealed that beginning from next week; he will start decamping some of the 35 players from the camp so as to have a manageable number so as to put them in the mood ahead of the Olympic qualifier.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/siasia-invites-awoniyi-saviour-others-to-u-23-camp/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
I am not excited with Coach Siasia's invitation. He needs a thorough screening of his team with the Flying Eagles.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
*Big smiles*
Well Sir, I beliv Nairaland's data center is more dan enuf to accomodate as much space as needed. *smiles again*
Nice to hear 4m u again Sir... It's been quite awhile... *more smiles*

9ce 2 hear 4rm u 2.
Thanks 4 chmpionin dis cus once mre, u and my many ogas here.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
I am not excited with Coach Siasia's invitation. He needs a thorough screening of his team with the Flying Eagles.

You mean he should have invited more than five of the Flying Eagles players?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:16am On Jun 19, 2015
Daninya11:
Should NFF act fast now and snap him up ? Have your say in the comment box below
Former Spain youth international defender,Derik Osede Prieto, simply known as Derik,who plays for Real Madrid Castilla as a central defender has revealed to BBC Sport why he wants to play for Nigeria.

The 22-year-old centre-back, who is known simply as Derik, has played at all youth levels for Spain including two appearances for the Under-21 team.

But Derik, a regular for European giants Real Madrid’s B side, is eligible to play for the Super Eagles because his father is Nigerian.

And under Fifa rules he is free to switch because he has not yet played for a country’s senior national team.

Despite possessing the talent to potentially make the step up to Spain’s senior side, Derik has issued what appears to be effectively a come-and-get-me plea to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

“I have lived in Spain all my life and I am not sure the people in Nigeria are aware that I have Nigerian blood,” Derik told BBC Sport.

“The immediate plan now is to go out on loan elsewhere, because at this age I need stability and regular football”

Derik

“But I crave for something special with Nigeria because it will give me a chance to properly connect with the ancestral home of my father.

“My father is from Benin City [southern Nigeria] and even though I have never been there I always follow events in Nigeria.

“I celebrated when the country won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013 and I was cheering the team at the last World Cup in Brazil.”

Derik joined Real Madrid’s academy in 2002 at the age of nine and has steadily made the transition from the club’s C team to the Castilla side [B side], where he has become an integral member of La Fabrica.

An extremely athletic centre-back with great vision, Derik’s talent has not gone unnoticed.

Former Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti included him in his 20-man squad for the 2014 summer International Champions Cup in the United States.

But Derik bides his time to make the grade at club level, he has already decided his international future belongs with the country of his father and not the country of his birth.

“Playing for Spain was the foundation to where I am today and I can never take that for granted,” he said.

“You can’t throw away your education or outgrow it, Spain gave me what I have now and my hard work got me to where I am.

“But somehow I feel one half of my life has always been left untouched and I need to fix that.”

Derik has rejected suggestions he could be using Nigeria as a bargaining chip in his push for a call-up from the Spanish U-23 or senior selectors.

He insists: “Even if it’s difficult for some people to understand, I have made my decision [to represent Nigeria] and am going to stick to it.

“My father has not influenced my decision in any way. I respect him and adore his outlook on life but it’s my personal desire to play for Nigeria.

“When you look around Europe there are several Nigerian players playing at the top level and the future looks bright for the team.

http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/derik-osede-prietoreal-madrid-youngsters-nigeria-dream/

Le me pos de guz pishure 1st.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:19am On Jun 19, 2015
More pishures of Derik Osede.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.