Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (699811 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:10am On Jun 16, 2015
Truth be typed, I'm starting to think I'm a better coach than all of Nigeria's team coaches. I mean, if all these guys do is throw players on the pitch and allow them do their thing, I can do better. The sentiments and ego are too damn much. If all the great players on my team are a bunch of CR7's, Zlatans and Balotellis, I'll field them over Mikels and Smallings. When records are checked, they'll say I won Germany and Brazil with those airheads, that should matter way more than dumb pride. Men tend to allow their useless egos destroy their success. That's where women are better cool

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lardy96(m): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
It is time we know some of those boys were in on whatever scam Manu Garba and Ugbade carried out at New Zealand. Most especially Enaholo in the game against Brazil. That was proper match fixing. That boy let in those goals.

Same with the German goal.

Heck, thinking of it, Haruna in the U20 World Cup against Germany playing for Siasia. What was he doing? That was also a fixed game.

My heart is still bleeding.
naso dem dey detect fixed game? if DAT is the criteria for a fixed game almost all footballers will have been queried at some point
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Fribery: 7:50am On Jun 16, 2015
safarigirl:
Truth be typed, I'm starting to think I'm a better coach than all of Nigeria's team coaches. I mean, if all these guys do is throw players on the pitch and allow them do their thing, I can do better. The sentiments and ego are too damn much. If all the great players on my team are a bunch of CR7's, Zlatans and Balotellis, I'll field them over Mikels and Smallings. When records are checked, they'll say I won Germany and Brazil with those airheads, that should matter way more than dumb pride. Men tend to allow their useless egos destroy their success. That's where women are better cool

you have come this early mormor
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:14am On Jun 16, 2015
safarigirl:

The NFF needs to sit up and stop some things. For instance, agents have free accesses to our coaches during tournaments. These agents do not have good plans for the team but for whoever player they want to push/sell.

This will go a long way in keeping the team's selection transparent. The agents can contact the coaches after the tournament. I believe if those agents did not get to our coaches, the Flying Eagles would have won that competition.

We have another chance and the incidences of the past should stop. If not we would not grow as a footballing Nation.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2015
lardy96:
naso dem dey detect fixed game? if DAT is the criteria for a fixed game almost all footballers will have been queried at some point

Investigations of match fixing is done by studying previous tapes. Watch Enaholo's movement for both goals. From the first day I saw it, the first thing that came to my mind was, "That boy let in those goals."

I did not raise an alarm because I believed the team was fighting for glory. Maybe, he made errors.

With the actions of Coach Manu Garba and his crew in the German match, I know the team's success was not a priority.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 8:21am On Jun 16, 2015
safarigirl:
right from when I started playing football manager I knew I was better than a lot of naija coaches they just throw d boys into the field to go and fight for a win without tactics and when we lose dem go say players did not play to instruction NFF should either follow prof omo osagie article and employ a foreign coach or organise a football manager competition for young dudes like me make we leave all dis abolo old men alone

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:05am On Jun 16, 2015
Fribery:

you have come this early mormor
I lie?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by gbens2000(m): 11:07am On Jun 16, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Forget It. No One Is Over-Hyping d guys, dey r GOOD its d FACT. It has bin evident since d CAF U17 championship by DESTROYING TEAMS with score lines that are not just HIGH but score lines that the SUPER EAGLES would ENVY.
D point x dat THE GUYS DIDNT FAIL, it is MANU GARBA WHO FAILED THEM by approaching games with selections, tactics and formations that d guys are un-familiar With Thereby Making The Team Look UNDER-ORDINARY. Some Players May Not Have Performed Well e.g Enaholo, Bulbwa etc but we know some of them that are VERY GOOD AND INTELLIGENT PLAYERS who are not rated by their achievements at U17 LEVEL only but with what they have being able to ACCOMPLISH AT CLUBSIDES and any OTHER PLACE THEY FOUND THEMSELVES e.g IHEANACHO, S.ISAAC, S.MOSES, T.AWONIYI, M.YAHAYA, C.EZE, these are players who have made SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS AND CONTRIBUTIONS in a place at one time or the other. Their Exploits Speak For Them
I may agree wv u guys a bit,but pls don't forget did same coach had been wv coach for I think 5years nw won d world cup wv den,don't u think maybe dey played out of the coaches instructions or maybe arrogance pride etc started coming in.d way we blame did coaches a times,did man has been wv did boys he knows den so we'll let's just try and accept dey all failed us@ goodjoe
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by gbens2000(m): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Investigations of match fixing is done by studying previous tapes. Watch Enaholo's movement for both goals. From the first day I saw it, the first thing that came to my mind was, "That boy let in those goals."

I did nit raise an alarm because I believed the team was fighting for glory. Maybe, he made errors.

With the actions of Coach Manu Garba and his crew in the German match, I know the team's success was not a priority.
I totally disagree wv u sir.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I Do not trust Siasia. He did the same thing that Manu Garba did with the Coach Yemi Tela U17 World Cup winning team. I Will be lying if I say I am optimistic. We can see why Nigeria is yet to win the U20 World Cup.

Coach Siasia gave unmerited players positions in the squad and kept true talents on the bench. He sabotaged the team like when Ibrahim Rabiu scored and he pulled him out of the pitch immediately.

We have talents but most coaches suck.

I am hoping God makes a way somehow for these lads to make it. But, the Coaches? SMH.

Now you are geting the point I was trying to bring out, Siasia is not deferent from other coaches like Keshi, Manu and Amunike
Siasia has done that shit before. I just prayed he carry's out his selection with the fear of God this time around

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tomtoxic:
right from when I started playing football manager I knew I was better than a lot of naija coaches they just throw d boys into the field to go and fight for a win without tactics and when we lose dem go say players did not play to instruction NFF should either follow prof omo osagie article and employ a foreign coach or organise a football manager competition for young dudes like me make we leave all dis abolo old men alone
*Smiling* i think I'll be a better manager f t a football manager game. Our football coaches are just there as figure head-de just occupy d position. They don't have any input. I do imagine if any of these gr8 coaches(ferguson,mou,wen,guardi,etc) have dis same materials(talents) our coaches have at their disposal-bet u, Nothing can stop them from producing results. But seriously, PRIDE n inability to manage success is d main problem of our coaches. They allow little success to get into their heads(Keshi-AFCON13, Manu-U20WC to mention a few). If NFF can send our coaches abroad to take refresher courses and serve as journeyman under these coaches probably things will start working well.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Coach of Dream Team VI Samson Siasia has revealed that he is still very interested in some of the Flying Eagles players to help reinforce his team.

In a chat with footballlive.ng, Siasia revealed that players like Taiwo Awoniyi and Moses Simon are valuable assets to his team, especially that the foreign based players would not be joining them for the game.

“We are going to pick the ones who have done well at the U20 level to come and join us so that we can have a very strong team. The players are very good and I thought they were going to reach the finals but its all good, sometimes this is how it is in tournaments”

“We are looking at Awoniyi because he has been with us before and maybe a couple of others because we want to be careful not calling European based players as this is not a FIFA tournament but we’ll still see if the likes of Iheanacho and Simon Moses can come and help us”

The Dream Team is preparing for the All African Games and Olympics qualifier with both tournaments scheduled to take play in Congo Brazzaville later this year and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2016.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
gbens2000:
I may agree wv u guys a bit,but pls don't forget did same coach had been wv coach for I think 5years nw won d world cup wv den,don't u think maybe dey played out of the coaches instructions or maybe arrogance pride etc started coming in.d way we blame did coaches a times,did man has been wv did boys he knows den so we'll let's just try and accept dey all failed us@ goodjoe

It all boiled down to money. In the U17 World Cup, very few stars break into top clubs. So we do not have top agents breathing down the necks of coaches. In the U20, it is a different affair. Most top scouts like the Raiola and Mendes are searching for the next Messi, Maradona or Djibril Cisse.

The pressure on the coaches is different compared to the Super Six or African youth Champions.

The money dangled in front of these coaches are crazy. Even agents will willingly spend money to make another team lose to make his team progress.

These agents are mafia men as Anderson who was Mikelel's agent before John Shittu took over. (Anderson ended in jail because of Mikel's case)

The agents work with huge money. John Shittu kept Mikel in a five star hotel in Norway for almost a year to remove his signature from Manchester United. Calculate it at #100,000 Nigerian naira a day and think of what these agents can offer to fix a game.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
AIG07:
*Smiling* i think I'll be a better manager f t a football manager game. Our football coaches are just there as figure head-de just occupy d position. They don't have any input. I do imagine if any of these gr8 coaches(ferguson,mou,wen,guardi,etc) have dis same materials(talents) our coaches have at their disposal-bet u, Nothing can stop them from producing results. But seriously, PRIDE n inability to manage success is d main problem of our coaches. They allow little success to get into their heads(Keshi-AFCON13, Manu-U20WC to mention a few). If NFF can send our coaches abroad to take refresher courses and serve as journeyman under these coaches probably things will start working well.

The Coach of Cape Verde spent some months with Mourinho, improving his coaching skills. Zidane spent some months in Germany with Guardiola, developing his skills.

I wonder why the NFF can not organize such arrangements for our talented coaches. In case that will not horn their match fixing skills.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
AIG07:
send who to where? The issue isn't that they're not tactically sound, the issue is EGO and ain't no 'refresher course' even in Jupiter that can cure EGO. Don't waste money on those people, you can send them and it won't change nada. Nobody will be sent anywhere, did the Malian and Senegalese U20 coaches go abroad? You know the players you have and their capabilities, you use them. Nobody on the Malian and Senegalese teams have half of Isaac or KC's talent, Yahaya and Moses are better midfielders than those guys, but Manu let those boys rot on the bench because of PRIDE and EGO.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
Coach Siasia should join them and hold a training session and pick those better than the ones he had .If he picks any player from his team and drops any player from the Flying Eagles squad that is better than the one he selected, then Siasia let sentiments play a part in his selection.

Daninya11:
Coach of Dream Team VI Samson Siasia has revealed that he is still very interested in some of the Flying Eagles players to help reinforce his team.

In a chat with footballlive.ng, Siasia revealed that players like Taiwo Awoniyi and Moses Simon are valuable assets to his team, especially that the foreign based players would not be joining them for the game.

“We are going to pick the ones who have done well at the U20 level to come and join us so that we can have a very strong team. The players are very good and I thought they were going to reach the finals but its all good, sometimes this is how it is in tournaments”

“We are looking at Awoniyi because he has been with us before and maybe a couple of others because we want to be careful not calling European based players as this is not a FIFA tournament but we’ll still see if the likes of Iheanacho and Simon Moses can come and help us”

The Dream Team is preparing for the All African Games and Olympics qualifier with both tournaments scheduled to take play in Congo Brazzaville later this year and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2016.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by gbens2000(m): 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It all boiled down to money. In the U17 World Cup, very few stars break into top clubs. So we do not have top agents breathing down the necks of coaches. In the U20, it is a different affair. Most top scouts like the Raiola and Mendes are searching for the next Messi, Maradona or Djibril Cisse.

The pressure on the coaches is different compared to the Super Six or African youth Champions.

The money dangled in front of these coaches are crazy. Even agents will willingly spend money to make another team lose to make his team progress.

These agents are mafia men as Anderson who was Mikelel's agent before John Shittu took over. (Anderson ended in jail because of Mikel's case)

The agents work with huge money. John Shittu kept Mikel in a five star hotel in Norway for almost a year to remove his signature from Manchester United. Calculate it at #100,000 Nigerian naira a day and think of what these agents can offer to fix a game.
do u mean d coach threw away dose games or what,we'll av been watching football since I could spell my name but I know abt about match fixing but not so much tho inwuld really love to be enlightened cuz y will he throw d games away to favor who I don't really get,and is it the coaches DAT determine the clubs did players sign for?pls I need more info,tnx
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
gbens2000:
do u mean d coach threw away dose games or what,we'll av been watching football since I could spell my name but I know abt about match fixing but not so much tho inwuld really love to be enlightened cuz y will he throw d games away to favor who I don't really get,and is it the coaches DAT determine the clubs did players sign for?pls I need more info,tnx
LeeCodeman:

[b]Oh, you didnt watch the game? I'm happy you didnt because this game was painful to watch.

Let me tell you what happened:

From the blast of the whistle, all Nigerian players went defensive. We hardly did anything with the ball for the first 15 minutes. We left Awoniyi to be in front with no support. Anytime Sokari got the ball, he plays it to the opponent. Our wings was so flat that when their Captain, who is the right back, gets the ball, he comes into our half to torment us. They had a couple of balls in our area and wasted them. At a time, a fluke shot was thrown at our keeper, while he attempted to save it, the ball passed between his hands over his head and it was a goal.

After the goal, we knew we needed to score so Sokari got the ball and still kept giving it to the Germans. Bulbwa was supposed to be a winger but he was often found in our own half. Savior was the only outlet who took on players but there was no support since Awoniyi is often far away.

Our midfield was completely non-existent.

What would you do when it was halftime? What would the previous Manu Garba have done? Yeah right, you would have removed Sokari and Bulbwa for a start and play pacy players like Simon or Iheanacho or Ifeanyi to help the midfield and offer respite to the defence. Right?

Not the Manu Garba of today. Guess what he did? He did NOTHING. We continued playing like we had done in the first half, this time around Germany saw that we had no intention of winning the match and came out more. Now, our goalkeeper became very busy. To be truthful, he saved alot of shots, but I'm not surprised. They are saves he should save.

So what did Manu do? Guess again? Wrong, he removed our only outlet, Saviour Godwin and introduced another striker. Now the situation was worse now that the gap between our midfield and attack became very wide. Sokari was very useless by always conceding possession and, Success and Awoniyi were very isolated.

All this while, we still had NO SHOT ON TARGET.

Guess what Manu did next? You guessed right, he removed Sokari but this time on the 80th minute. Guess who he replaced him with? YOU ARE VERY WRONG!

He brought in a defensive midfielder when you fvcking need a goal and left proven goalscorers like Kelechi, Simon, and Yahaya on the bench.

Then we played and played like that until the referee blew.

Did I say that we did not make a third substiitution? Oh, we didnt. Manu wants to use that as a souvenir.

THE END.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
gbens2000:

Coach Manu Garba threw that match away. The reason is simply for huge financial gain. There s no other reason. That is why the NFF needs to shield our coaches from agents during tournaments.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
gbens2000:
LeeCodeman:
[b]Guys that have been mentioning me, abeg dont add salt upon my injuries. What happened was very painful. I'm slowly recovering so do me jejely bikonu.

Manu Garba and Nduka Ugbade are rogues. They ought to be banned from ever going near our national teams again.

You see, it's not the defeat that is the problem, it's the manner of the defeat. After the defeat, I made a few calls to Nigeria journalists that are there with them in New Zealand and the revelations were startling. The man we taught was an upright man is actually a shenanigan. I'm more than disappointed.

The following tweets are by the guy who was supplying us with the team lineup and inner news of camp and team happenings. He is alos highly respected by @guysly2much whom a couple of people here get their inside sources from. Look at what he has to say

All tweets by https://twitter.com/MuyiwaLawal . You can check his timeline to confirm for yourself.

At this rate I'm actually unsure who was a better U20 coach between Obuh and Manu. At least now folks will no longer hype Manu for SE job.

For a coach to have such deadly ammunition (Our BENCH) at your disposal and not empty it on your opponents is simply cowardly & unforgivable

Manu messed up. Did u know agents infiltrated camp with potential buyers & were literally telling Manu how to conduct sessions?

Agents were literally on the pitch during training telling Manu which players to parade. 100% truth. Ask your inside source

Check with ur guys & they'll tell u. Manu sold his soul. He had a chance to won U20 but he blew it. He had the best team in NZ.

Im aware of everythin that happened in NZ but wont go public with it now. Those coaches should hide their faces, shame on them!

U20 is not do or die rather it's for developing but I'm disgusted with what happened in NZ. We had a great team

Yes but for clarification sake, my tweets about Manu, his coaches, agents & shenanigans in NZ is 100% accurate.

Well, I guess it's time to move on. Hopefully, the boys succeed on an individual level.

Those that are saying we've deserted the thread, you are merely sour losers, trying to gloat in your prediction that the team is overrated. There is nothing overrated in this team. I stand convinced that no team can stand the firepower in this team save for the filthy lucre of the coach.

I still stand by the boys, not the team managed by those fraudsters.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
I repeat, if Siasia drops any member of the Flying Eagles squad for a player of his U23 team that is not better than the Flying Eagles player, he is selecting with Bias and sentiments.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
AIG07:
lol like say u nur knw Nigerians send them abroad for courses and they will say it was disrespectful u have no respect 4 dier coaching talents,u are suffering from inferiority complex bla bla bla

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
I repeat, if Siasia drops any member of the Flying Eagles squad for a player of his U23 team that is not better than the Flying Eagles player, he is selecting with Bias and sentiments.
I disagree bro take a case of Mikel nd igiebor.Mikel is beta but if it is my team I will rather pick igiebor cuz he z faster nd I love pacy football so a deficiency might make him go to d next player in d pecking order our coach wit his own philosophy bro
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by gbens2000(m): 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

wow wow wow,my bro I am really amazed,by this pls I would really want to know more thnx I would do my research too,cuz honestly did ppl are breaking millions of n9ja ppls heart in d name o money did is cruel if dey are true,I hear did things as side stories butbneva took time to analyze,pls we can make a change by getn more ppl informed,cuz information is life.pls try and tell me more and others too thanks,my Facebook name gbenga anjorin,mail gbens 4real2000@yahoo.com
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by gbens2000(m): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The NFF needs to sit up and stop some things. For instance, agents have free accesses to our coaches during tournaments. These agents do not have good plans for the team but for whoever player they want to push/sell.

This will go a long way in keeping the team's selection transparent. The agents can contact the coaches after the tournament. I believe if those agents did not get to our coaches, the Flying Eagles would have won that competition.

We have another chance and the incidences of the past should stop. If not we would not grow as a footballing Nation.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by gbens2000(m): 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tomtoxic:
I disagree bro take a case of Mikel nd igiebor.Mikel is beta but if it is my team I will rather pick igiebor cuz he z faster nd I love pacy football so a deficiency might make him go to d next player in d pecking order our coach wit his own philosophy bro
@goodjoe,wen d match i s fixed and d boys loose wat do d agents gain,and is FIFA part of dis fixings,wat abt d beting organization do dey benefit?.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
Should NFF act fast now and snap him up ? Have your say in the comment box below
Former Spain youth international defender,Derik Osede Prieto, simply known as Derik,who plays for Real Madrid Castilla as a central defender has revealed to BBC Sport why he wants to play for Nigeria.

The 22-year-old centre-back, who is known simply as Derik, has played at all youth levels for Spain including two appearances for the Under-21 team.

But Derik, a regular for European giants Real Madrid’s B side, is eligible to play for the Super Eagles because his father is Nigerian.

And under Fifa rules he is free to switch because he has not yet played for a country’s senior national team.

Despite possessing the talent to potentially make the step up to Spain’s senior side, Derik has issued what appears to be effectively a come-and-get-me plea to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

“I have lived in Spain all my life and I am not sure the people in Nigeria are aware that I have Nigerian blood,” Derik told BBC Sport.

“The immediate plan now is to go out on loan elsewhere, because at this age I need stability and regular football”

Derik

“But I crave for something special with Nigeria because it will give me a chance to properly connect with the ancestral home of my father.

“My father is from Benin City [southern Nigeria] and even though I have never been there I always follow events in Nigeria.

“I celebrated when the country won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013 and I was cheering the team at the last World Cup in Brazil.”

Derik joined Real Madrid’s academy in 2002 at the age of nine and has steadily made the transition from the club’s C team to the Castilla side [B side], where he has become an integral member of La Fabrica.

An extremely athletic centre-back with great vision, Derik’s talent has not gone unnoticed.

Former Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti included him in his 20-man squad for the 2014 summer International Champions Cup in the United States.

But Derik bides his time to make the grade at club level, he has already decided his international future belongs with the country of his father and not the country of his birth.

“Playing for Spain was the foundation to where I am today and I can never take that for granted,” he said.

“You can’t throw away your education or outgrow it, Spain gave me what I have now and my hard work got me to where I am.

“But somehow I feel one half of my life has always been left untouched and I need to fix that.”

Derik has rejected suggestions he could be using Nigeria as a bargaining chip in his push for a call-up from the Spanish U-23 or senior selectors.

He insists: “Even if it’s difficult for some people to understand, I have made my decision [to represent Nigeria] and am going to stick to it.

“My father has not influenced my decision in any way. I respect him and adore his outlook on life but it’s my personal desire to play for Nigeria.

“When you look around Europe there are several Nigerian players playing at the top level and the future looks bright for the team.

http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/derik-osede-prietoreal-madrid-youngsters-nigeria-dream/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The Coach of Cape Verde spent some months with Mourinho, improving his coaching skills. Zidane spent some months in Germany with Guardiola, developing his skills.

I wonder why the NFF can not organize such arrangements for our talented coaches. In case that will not horn their match fixing skills.
i agreed with you but will the nff listen?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
Well, well, my own is jst that the best available players should b selected for d crucial game against Congo.
Thank God the game is in July (both legs) Our foreign based players will still b available then.

For the Congo game I would like to see Siasia invite players like Aaron Samuel, Kenneth Omeruo and Ekong hu partnered Omeruo at centre back against Chad. Would also like to c Imoh Ezekiel and Kenedy Otigba. We need experienced, established players hu are elligible. Players like Isaac Success,Taiwo Awoniyi, Kingsley Sokari, Simon Moses,Benard Bulbwa, Musa Mohammed and Wilfred Ndidi I think are set to compete at d U23 level.

The best from d crop of home based players should also b integrated.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
safarigirl:
send who to where? The issue isn't that they're not tactically sound, the issue is EGO and ain't no 'refresher course' even in Jupiter that can cure EGO. Don't waste money on those people, you can send them and it won't change nada. Nobody will be sent anywhere, did the Malian and Senegalese U20 coaches go abroad? You know the players you have and their capabilities, you use them. Nobody on the Malian and Senegalese teams have half of Isaac or KC's talent, Yahaya and Moses are better midfielders than those guys, but Manu let those boys rot on the bench because of PRIDE and EGO.
you are still angry over the lose?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Coach Manu Garba threw that match away. The reason is simply for huge financial gain. There s no other reason. That is why the NFF needs to shield our coaches from agents during tournaments.
are you sure the match was sold joe?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
The Gold winning 1996 Olympic team had a lot of Super Eagles players. Players like, Amokachi,Okocha, Oliseh & Ikpeba were already full Super Eagles players when they featured for d Olympic team.They nt even among d invited over aged players.Imaging those 4 players plus 3 over aged players making 7 Super Eagles in d starting line up.With Garba Lawal, Taribo, Oruma, Ojigwe,Kanu, Oparaku and Babayaro in dat same squad! What a squad!!

I expect Siasia to invite a couple of Super Eagles players to d team to face Congo.
This is U23 & trust me it is a lot more competitive than d U20.It is a level for mostly 21-23 yrs olds. We hope what happened at d U20 WC does nt repeat itself. Most of those Manu's boys are nt even 20 yet.

Trust me, the Congolese are coming with a very matured squad and we need equally matured players to face them.Manu's boys mayb invited bt jst a handful.

We might say its nt all abt winning bt discovering talents, how come most of us a still pained abt d Flying Eagles' exit.

To face Congo we need a matured squad. Real U23 players.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.