Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,162 members, 7,864,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (704871 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tomtoxic:
sir goodjoe this ideology of only home based players for u-17 where did it come from because I think I remember a Chelsea boy makanjuola in the iheanacho set.
now let's be real here: u have got a chance to play for 2 countries u meet the 1st and u are rejected with no promise of a future call up then the other calls u to show how much they need u. where will u go? u can't blame alaba for doing the RIGHT THING he followed those who needed him.
coach yemi tella was obviously acting on his own accord not of d NFF alaba is a Nigerian and had as much right as others to represent the country he should have been allowed in to train with other left backs to compete for the slot but him not being given that chance means that yemi tella didn't even care about taking the best team to represent the country which should always be the case.
NIGERIA has never had a better leftback than ALABA and its naija's loss not alaba common the nigga z way better than echiejile and oshaniwa and its not like we can even give him a world cup medal.
no DISRESPECT to the green white green just had to speak my mind before we drive all our better players with our mindset of Anglo Nigerians are average players abi is Nigeria a world power in football sef.

[b]Show me where I said Alaba did the wrong thing. I onow about Habib Makanjuola case.

He won the MVP Award U-10 YSFON competition in 2007, MVP Award YSFON U-11 in 2008, won MVP Award YSFON U-12 in 2009.

Remember some of them came from a National U17 project. So I do not know the arrangement of pushing Makanjuola into the squad but he was a National project since he was U10.

So tell me when I said Alaba did the wrong thing? That is like saying Ross Barkley did the wrong thing.

I said I do not miss them. I do not miss Olisadebe, John Fashanu, Ehiogu, Jordon Ibe, Barkley and I do not miss Alaba.

If Alaba wanted to play for us, he would have waited to play for Coach Siasia. By 2010 he would have definitely gone to the 2010 World Cup with us. He did not want.

I also wished him the best on this thread. So how am I saying he is wrong. It is his life. He was born in Austria. He must like the country. I do not miss him. We have enough talents to compensate for the loss of these men.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

They should not change it. If they change it, we will have our coaches globe trotting looking for established names in clubs and abandoning our grassroot talents.

Look at Osimhen and Alampasu, if not this system we would have not have the likes of these guys. We might lose Alaba but we gain more by exposing more of our grassroot talents.

We won the U17 back to back. Produced talents like Osimhen, Chukwueze, Iheanacho, Chidera Ezeh, Yahaya, Chidebere and Kelechi Nwakali and a host of others.

What a lot of people do not know is that we have more talents in our grassroot that in clubs. We need more ways to expose them. The U17 has helped in a lot of ways.

You do not change a winning system.

If u read me correctly u would see i said there should be a fine line. My question is what are we winning? Who have we had in the last 10 years that is as good as Alaba? No one is asking the NFF to take globe trips, we are saying grab these players when the opportunity presents. Imagine Argentina not inviting Messi. Iheanacho and co are great talents but that does not give an excuse to neglect any Nigerian, that amounts to discrimination.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tomtoxic:
sir goodjoe this ideology of only home based players for u-17 where did it come from because I think I remember a Chelsea boy makanjuola in the iheanacho set.
now let's be real here: u have got a chance to play for 2 countries u meet the 1st and u are rejected with no promise of a future call up then the other calls u to show how much they need u. where will u go? u can't blame alaba for doing the RIGHT THING he followed those who needed him.
coach yemi tella was obviously acting on his own accord not of d NFF alaba is a Nigerian and had as much right as others to represent the country he should have been allowed in to train with other left backs to compete for the slot but him not being given that chance means that yemi tella didn't even care about taking the best team to represent the country which should always be the case.
NIGERIA has never had a better leftback than ALABA and its naija's loss not alaba common the nigga z way better than echiejile and oshaniwa and its not like we can even give him a world cup medal.
no DISRESPECT to the green white green just had to speak my mind before we drive all our better players with our mindset of Anglo Nigerians are average players abi is Nigeria a world power in football sef.

Alaba wanted to play the U17. There is no guarantee that he would have rejected the Austrian National team when they called him?

I repeat, if he wanted to play for us, he would have waited. If he likes, let him be a better than Roberto Carlos, he does not make me less proud of Celestine.

Ross Barkley does not make me less proud of Aluko, Babatunde or even the up and coming young Kelechi Nwakali.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]Show me where I said Alaba did the wrong thing. I onow about Habib Makanjuola case.

He won the MVP Award U-10 YSFON competition in 2007, MVP Award YSFON U-11 in 2008, won MVP Award YSFON U-12 in 2009.

Remember some of them came from a National U17 project. So I do not know the arrangement of pushing Makanjuola into the squad but he was a National project since he was U10.

So tell me when I said Alaba did the wrong thing? That is like saying Ross Barkley did the wrong thing.

I said I do not miss them. I do not miss Olisadebe, John Fashanu, Ehiogu, Jordon Ibe, Barkley and I do not miss Alaba.

If Alaba wanted to play for us, he would have waited to play for Coach Siasia. By 2010 he would have definitely gone to the 2010 World Cup with us. He did not want.

I also wished him the best on this thread. So how am I saying he is wrong. It is his life. He was born in Austria. He must like the country. I do not miss him. We have enough talents to compensate for the loss of these men.[/b]
from the u-17 ideology u made known to us it still proves that makanjuola shouldn't have been in the team he was with chelsea which as such rules him out as a foreigner.he still shouldn't be in the team on a 2nd count based on d ideology as he was already "a made player" not an hustler being that the U-17 is a place to unearth new talent not to field the best team so permit me to boldly say that it is safe to say no such ideology exists.
sir goodjoe there is a misunderstanding sumwere I wasn't trying to say u blame him guess I should have used we instead of u.
lastly u said if he wanted to play for nigeria he would have waited for siasia.now I seriously can't believe u said this c'mon that line is damn weak cuz if he didn't want to play for Nigeria I see no reason why he would fly down to naija for a training section with the eaglets.u are saying he should wait abi I guess ur advice to kehinde fatai now will be to wait till 2020 when the NFF will be willing to call him up bro by then the nigga will be 30
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

If u read me correctly u would see i said there should be a fine line. My question is what are we winning? Who have we had in the last 10 years that is as good as Alaba? No one is asking the NFF to take globe trips, we are saying grab these players when the opportunity presents. Imagine Argentina not inviting Messi. Iheanacho and co are great talents but that does not give an excuse to neglect any Nigerian, that amounts to discrimination.
tanks alot sir DISCRIMINATION is the word. I don't get it how some people are able to support discrimination but when it happens to them dem go cry foul.when u see something wrong admit its wrong it doesn't change the fact that our working underaged "ideology" hasn't ever produced an alaba

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

What fine line? The coaches said we use the U17 as a grassroot development program. You are saying we should draw a fine line. Why should we draw a fine line? Alaba jumped at Austria when the call came. If he wanted to play for Nigeria, he would have waited to join the U20 team it is as simple as that.

In 2003, Argentina did not call Messi. He was already popular and was one of the best U17 players in the world. He had hype but he did not abandon Argentina to go and play for Spain. He waited for the 2005 U20.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tomtoxic:

from the u-17 ideology u made known to us it still proves that makanjuola shouldn't have been in the team he was with chelsea which as such rules him out as a foreigner.he still shouldn't be in the team on a 2nd count based on d ideology as he was already "a made player" not an hustler being that the U-17 is a place to unearth new talent not to field the best team so permit me to boldly say that it is safe to say no such ideology exists.
sir goodjoe there is a misunderstanding sumwere I wasn't trying to say u blame him guess I should have used we instead of u.
lastly u said if he wanted to play for nigeria he would have waited for siasia.now I seriously can't believe u said this c'mon that line is damn weak cuz if he didn't want to play for Nigeria I see no reason why he would fly down to naija for a training section with the eaglets.u are saying he should wait abi I guess ur advice to kehinde fatai now will be to wait till 2020 when the NFF will be willing to call him up bro by then the nigga will be 30

Alaba did not fly down to Nigeria. He did not even meet the coaches. He alerted his agent that he wanted to play for Nigeria. The eaglets were in Europe at that time and his agent met them. The coaches rejected him because they said he was not grassroot.

Note, Makanjuola was a Nigerian project to build a star. He was not a professional player when he went to the U17. Alaba was a professional.

Alaba new he would walk into our U20 team in the next two years, he would have gone to the World Cup in South Africa but he chose to jump at the offer of Austria.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Alaba wanted to play the U17. There is no guarantee that he would have rejected the Austrian National team when they called him?

I repeat, if he wanted to play for us, he would have waited. If he likes, let him be a better than Roberto Carlos, he does not make me less proud of Celestine.

Ross Barkley does not make me less proud of Aluko, Babatunde or even the up and coming young Kelechi Nwakali.
don't make it seem like the boy was selfish he didn't just want to play u-17 he wanted to represent his father land and if he was given that opportunity even if he wasn't called up for u-20 he will have felt a sense of belonging and as such he will strive to earn a super eagles invite.
bros abeg nur bring Ross Barkley or Jordan ibe or any of such players into this its purely different because those 1s never made an effort to contact Nigeria not even in an interview
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tomtoxic:

don't make it seem like the boy was selfish he didn't just want to play u-17 he wanted to represent his father land and if he was given that opportunity even if he wasn't called up for u-20 he will have felt a sense of belonging and as such he will strive to earn a super eagles invite.
bros abeg nur bring Ross Barkley or Jordan ibe or any of such players into this its purely different because those 1s never made an effort to contact Nigeria not even in an interview

The handlers of the U17 did not reject him because of a flimsy excuse. We have had a lot of U17 Nigerians abroad that would have represented us in the U17 tourneys but you do not see our coaches fielding them.

I am not saying he is selfish. I am not making him out to be selfish. Austria is the country of his birth. If he did not want to play for the country of his birth, he would have waited to play for us.

When Austria called him, he was happy to play for them. If he was not happy, he would have waited for us.

And, I am saying I am not missing them if they are not playing for us.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

Thank God you admitted that the U17 2007 grass roots project was a failure.

Do you mean Emmanuel Amunike, Celestine Babayaro, Tijani Babangida, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and even Kanu Nwankwo are better than Alaba? grin

Emmanuel Amuneke: Featured first for Nigeria at the 1991 AAG as a 20yrs old. Former African Footballer of the year, African nations cup winner, Olympic Gold medalist, scored twice in the 1994 world cup, former Barcelona winger, adjudged to be the best left wing forward in the world during his time at Barcelona.

Celestine Babayaro: Featured first for Nigeria's U17 in 1993 as a 15yrs old. U17 World Cup winner, scored at the 1998 FIFA WC, Olympic Gold medalist, former Chelsea and Newcastle left back.

Yakubu Aiyegbeni: Featured first for Nigeria's 2000 Olympics team as a 17yrs old. 3rd highest goal scorer in Nigeria's football history, played for Middlesbrough, Everton, Leichester City amongst others, 2nd highest scoring African ever in the EPL (jst behind Drogba).

Nwankwo Kanu: Featured first for Nigeria's U20 in 1993 before being sent to the U17 same year. FIFA U17 WC winner, Olympic gold medalist, UEFA Champions league winner, Former African footballer of the year, English Premier league winner, English FA Cup winner, played for Ajax, Intermilan, Arsenal amongst others, finished top 10 in FIFA Ballon D' Or list.

Victor Ikpeba: Featured first for Nigeria's U17 in 1989 as a 16 yrs old. Olympic gold medalist, Played for AS Monaco, then under Arsene Wenger, scoring 13 league goals to help Monaco win the league title in the 1996/97 season, and also finishing as the second-top goals scorer in the 1996–97 UEFA Cup, 1997 African footballer of the year, scored at the 1998 FIFA WC

Augustine Okocha: Featured first for Nigeria's U20 in 1993 as a 19yrs old. Olympic Gold medalist, 1994 AFCON winner, played for Eintract Frankfurt, PSG, Bolton wonderes, Hall City amongst others, former BBC African player of the year winner.

These guys are some of the products of our youths system and most to me are better than Alaba. You can take that to the bank.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

Thank God you admitted that the U17 2007 grass roots project was a failure.

Do you mean Emmanuel Amunike, Celestine Babayaro, Tijani Babangida, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and even Kanu Nwankwo are better than Alaba? grin

Kanu finished in the top 10 of Fifa World Best list after voting. Shocking you can compare Alaba to Kanu Nwankwo.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Kanu finished in the top 10 of Fifa Ballon D'Or list. Shocking you can compare Alaba to Kanu Nwankwo.
In addition to my points

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Icon4s:

In addition to my points

You keep forgetting Finidi George who was rated as the best winger in the World. Even though he did not come through the Nigerian Youth footballing system, he is one hundred percent Nigerian made.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You keep forgetting Finidi George who was rated as the best winger in the World. Even though he did not come through the Nigerian Youth footballing system, he is one hundred percent Nigerian made.

Yeah, true. I was jst highlighting to him players that featured at our U17, U20 & U23s

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Why do you keep bringing up Alaba's issue? Coach Yemi Tella and Coach Manu Garba did not do anything wrong. They all knew Alaba was a super talent. He was already training with the Bayern Main team before he contacted the coaches.

The U17 is for Grassroot development and not for those already doing well. We use the U17 to boost the local young boys in the country to provide better life for their friends and family. Bringing a boy about to break into Bayern Munich beats the whole grassroot development ideology.

Nothing stopped Alaba from waiting and alerting Coach Siasia for the U20 World Cup. There was no way Coach Siasia could have rejected him.

Alaba was wrong there and I hope he wins an international medal with Austria. I wonder what he was rushing for. He expected us to drop a grassroot player to play him.

@bolded

Sir, what do you say about Habib Makanjuola who is doing well before he was drafted into the U17?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]Leave your condescending tone. You can ridicule the boys as much as you want but it does not change the fact that these boys have defeated the so called European players with all the facilities, equipments and coaching to lift the U17 titles back to back.

The system is working and until tomorrow, the U17 will continue producing great players from the grassroot. Why are Arsenal and Wolfsburg fighting for Osimhen. I thought all good players come from their systems.

You are calling the U17 champions chop I chop.

You can hate on them but they will continue shining. There is no proof Amunike would carry the foreign base players.

What is boiling you? I have asked you repeatedly, what is your problem? You are ranting and shouting and calling local talents like Iheanacho and Success chop I chop players.

Are you not a hater? I guess Oruma ans Kanu Nwankwo are chop and chop players. It is paining you that local boys can grow up to become big stars through football.

Tell me what is your problem?[/b]

Sir, it's necessary to get the essence of the whole issue and that is the reason for those questions.

You said it is a fact that NFF is using the U17 for only grassroot players. Then, I asked you, why did the same NFF bothered to invite foreign based players for selection prior to the last world Cup?

Please,kindly answer this question. Thanks
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

Sir, it's necessary to get the essence of the whole issue and that is the reason for those questions.

You said it is a fact that NFF is using the U17 for only grassroot players. Then, I asked you, why did the same NFF bothered to invite foreign based players for selection prior to the last world Cup?

Please,kindly answer this question. Thanks

Did you see them select those foreign players?

Answer what your problem is. I have been waiting.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

@bolded

Sir, what do you say about Habib Makanjuola who is doing well before he was drafted into the U17?

We do not know the bases for Habib Makanjuola they invited Habib Makanjuola. The boy was a National project since he was under 10.
For instance, if YSFON that played a role in the development of football in Nigeria want to start grooming stars and they wanted to see the effect of their project.

Is it difficult to understand. Habib Makanjuola was a grassroot development project. I believe they were continuing their process.

So what is your problem?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

We do not know the bases for Habib Makanjuola they invited Habib Makanjuola. The boy was a National project since he was under 10.
For instance, if YSFON that played a role in the development of football in Nigeria want to start grooming stars and they wanted to see the effect of their project.

Is it difficult to understand. Habib Makanjuola was a grassroot development project. I believe they were continuing their process.

So what is your problem?

Thank you sir, It means what you said earlier was totally wrong because Habib was already doing well before he was invited to play for the U17.

Please, kindly note that NFF didn't sponsor Habib, it was Pastor Adebayo that sponsored him to go for a trial in Chelsea and the guy did well.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

Thank you sir, It means what you said earlier was totally wrong because Habib was already doing well before he was invited to play for the U17.

Please, kindly note that NFF didn't sponsor Habib, it was Pastor Adebayo that sponsored him to go for a trial in Chelsea.

As if I have not seen his video in Redeemed when he was thanking his papa. Abi, his Adeboye sponsored the YSFON tournament.

Maybe I am typing too fast. Alaba was a professional footballer. When Habib joined the U17, was he a professional footballer?

So, what is your problem.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Did you see them select those foreign players?

Answer what your problem is. I have been waiting.

But at least, you are now aware that there is no schism in the NFF policy when it comes to our country grassroot project.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

But at least, you are now aware that there is no schism in the NFF policy when it comes to our country grassroot project.

[b]Which kind no schism?

How many foreigners have you seen playing in our U17?

How man professional league players in Europe have you seen playing in our U17?

Answer and tell me no schism.

What is funny about this whole Alaba thing is that. When I first heard it, which was in I think 2010. I went Ballistic and I wanted Coach Siasia's head on a plater.

How could Coach Siasia reject Alaba. We planned a massive campaign on Facebook against Coach Siasia.

When I read the interview and I read that it was Coach Tella and his crew, and they rejected him because he did not fit into the U17 grassroot development project, not Coach Siasia's U20 team, I understood immediately without any fuss.

Now you are here, not because of Schism but you look down on the Nigerian development system. That is a fact.

I have seen you call our players mediocre repeatedly because they are not playing in foreign clubs.

You are not a member of the NFF, I do not believe you are a journalist who has worked with Nigerian youth coaches. You do not understand their operations and you have a very vague idea of Nigerian football.

You can not know more about the Nigerian youth System than Coach Yemi Tella who was a member of the NFF technical committee.

So all you are writing can not prove anything.

By the way, I am still waiting to know what your problem is.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]Which kind no schism?

How many foreigners have you seen playing in our U17?

How man professional league players in Europe have you seen playing in our U17?

Answer and tell me no schism.

What is funny about this whole Alaba thing is that. When I first heard it, which was in I think 2010. I went Ballistic and I wanted Coach Siasia's head on a plater.

How could Coach Siasia reject Alaba. We planned a massive campaign on Facebook against Coach Siasia.

When I read the interview and I read that it was Coach Tella and his crew, and they rejected him because he did not fit into the U17 grassroot development project, not Coach Siasia's U20 team, I understood immediately without any fuss.

Now you are here, not because of Schism but you look down on the Nigerian development system. That is a fact.

I have seen you call our players mediocre repeatedly because they are not playing in foreign clubs.

You are not a member of the NFF, I do not believe you are a journalist who has worked with Nigerian youth coaches. You do not understand their operations and you have a very vague idea of Nigerian football.

You can not know more about the Nigerian youth System than Coach Yemi Tella who was a member of the NFF technical committee.

So all you are writing can not prove anything.

By the way, I am still waiting to know what your problem is.
[/b]

Sir, we don't need to go back and forth. The point remains that, NFF gave them the chance to prove themselves. It is now left for the coach to choose from the array of talents at his disposal. So,that another mistake will not reoccur.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

As if I have not seen his video in Redeemed when he was thanking his papa. Abi, his Adeboye sponsored the YSFON tournament.

Maybe I am typing too fast. Alaba was a professional footballer. When Habib joined the U17, was he a professional footballer?

So, what is your problem.

YSFON tournament didn't sponsor the boy to Europe. Someone paid for him to go to Abroad and it's not different from Alaba or any other Nigerians who arewere sponsored by their parents to play abroad.

Alaba was already doing well in Chelsea.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

Sir, we don't need to go back and forth. The point remains that, NFF gave them the chance to prove themselves. It is now left for the coach to choose from the array of talents at his disposal. So,that another mistake will not reoccur.

Them given a chance to play does not mean they were selected. I repeat you do not know more than Coach Tella.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

YSFON tournament didn't sponsor the boy to Europe. Someone paid for him to go to Abroad and it's not different from Alaba or any other Nigerians who were sponsored by their parents to play abroad.

Alaba was already doing well in Chelsea.

You are putting a boy discovered by a National project in Nigeria in the same group as a boy born in Austria and became a professional player in Austria.

Makanjuola was an academy player in Chelsea. He did not even have work permit.

Alaba was a professional footballer, earning from football at that time.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Them given a chance to play does not mean they were selected. I repeat you do not know more than Coach Tella.

Doing Tella's era, they weren't given the chance but after the mistake, NFF decided to give them the chance. That remains the point.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

Doing Tella's era, they weren't given the chance but after the mistake, NFF decided to give them the chance. That remains the point.

Which mistake? Is it winning the trophy without losing a game or thrashing the favorites, Toni Kroos Germany 4-1.

If that is a mistake, let it continue.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You are putting a boy discovered by a National project in Nigeria in the same group as a boy born in Austria and became a professional player in Austria.

Makanjuola was an academy player in Chelsea. He did not even have work permit.

Alaba was a professional footballer, earning from football at that time.

The National project was only to discover talents but it was not the National project that paid for his trip to Europe. Someone paid for him.

Who paid for Alaba and other Nigerians born abroad to play in Academy? Hustling Nigerian parents or well wishers.

Habib Makanjuola was doing well before he came to play for the U17. So, he have been dropped for those who are not doing well as you earlier said.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

The National project was only to discover talents but it was not the National project that paid for his trip to Europe. Someone paid for him.

Who paid for Alaba and other Nigerians born abroad to play in Academy? Hustling Nigerian parents or well wishers.

Habib Makanjuola was doing well before he came to play for the U17. So, he have been dropped for those who are not doing well as you earlier said.

You are talking out of point. The context is not who sent Makanjuola overseas but why was he included in the squad despite him being based overseas. Which is an irregularity with what we saw in the past.

I pointed out that Makanjuola was discovered in a National Youth Project. So it might have been a continuation of a grassroot project.

So i wonder how you brought in who sent him to London and hustling parents sent their kids to academies.

In the same context, I pointed out that Alaba was already a professional footballer and Makanjuola was not a professional at that time.

My point is too clear. I wonder why you are bringing another issue into the debate.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
There is a difference between training and playing with the first team. Nwakali Chidebere has been training with Man City first team but he has not played for the team.

George Evans was training with the first team but they have not played.

I made a mistake then, at 2007 Alaba was already with the Bayern young team and they trained with the first team although they are not part of the squad.

Same thing goes on with Barca.

Nigeria is not as developed as the Europeans. That is why the Europeans can pick up players from top clubs to play the U17 World Cup.

The Nigerian way is the best considering the situation of the country. How many grassroot football programs do we have that expose our young boys to top scout oversees?

The Europeans have a lot. So Alaba was bound to become a star. We can not drop a young boy in a village in Nigeria whose only hope to make something out of his life. For a boy based in Europe who has all the facility, equipments and scout watching him.

Coach Tella and Coach Manu Garba were 100% right in rejecting Alaba.

We use the U17 as a tool for grassroot development. It is a nice ideology and I stand by it.

You are talking out of point. The context is not who sent Makanjuola overseas but why was he included in the squad despite him being based overseas. Which is an irregularity with what we saw in the past.

I pointed out that Makanjuola was discovered in a National Youth Project. So it might have been a continuation of a grassroot project.

So i wonder how you brought in who sent him to London and hustling parents sent their kids to academies.

In the same context, I pointed out that Alaba was already a professional footballer and Makanjuola was not a professional at that time.

My point is too clear. I wonder why you are bringing another issue into the debate.

Because the @bolded is what you said earlier. So, Habib Makanjuola should have been dropped for a young boy in the village whose hope is to make something out of life. For Habib Makanjuola based in Europe who has all the facilities, equipments and scouts watching him.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

They should change that. The team should be for the best u-17 Nigerian players. This same mindset lost us Alaba lets not repeat it again. There should be a fine line.
why change a successful system?just because of alaba?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.