Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,050 members, 7,863,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:35 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (704838 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]There is a difference between training and playing with the first team. Nwakali Chidebere has been training with Man City first team but he has not played for the team.

George Evans was training with the first team but they have not played.

I made a mistake then, at 2007 Alaba was already with the Bayern young team and they trained with the first team although they are not part of the squad.

Same thing goes on with Barca.

Nigeria is not as developed as the Europeans. That is why the Europeans can pick up players from top clubs to play the U17 World Cup.

The Nigerian way is the best considering the situation of the country. How many grassroot football programs do we have that expose our young boys to top scout oversees?

The Europeans have a lot. So Alaba was bound to become a star. We can not drop a young boy in a village in Nigeria whose only hope to make something out of his life. For a boy based in Europe who has all the facility, equipments and scout watching him.

Coach Tella and Coach Manu Garba were 100% right in rejecting Alaba.

We use the U17 as a tool for grassroot development. It is a nice ideology and I stand by it.
[/b]

He was selected to train with the first team in 2010. He never trained with the first team while in the Youth team until 2010. Chima Okoroji was also with the Bayern Munich 19 until January 2015. As you can see, he was unknown to Tella.

Are you saying our under age team are for chop I chop and not to discover talented players? grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Who is blaming Alaba? Let him enjoy his youngest Austrian title. No competition. He would not achieve that playing for us.

He has Austria, so good for him. I prefer those who only want to play for us. Many of them have gone like that. It did not stop us from producing the likes of Kanu, Akpoborie, Finidi, Oruma, Amunike, Celestine, Yekini, Enyeama etc.

More are coming and more will fly the Green white green flag high. He can rush and play for Russia. Abi, he is even their youngest captain. I hope he rakes an international medal with his rush.

I want those devoted to Nigeria. Not those with one eyes outside and if they do not call them, then they want us their second choice.

Apart from National titles, he has won more titles with his club than any Nigerian.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

He was selected to train with the first team in 2010. He never trained with the first team while in the Youth team until 2010. Chima Okoroji was also with the Bayern Munich 19 until January 2015. As you can see, he was unknown to Tella.

Are saying out under group is for chop I chop and not to discover talented players? grin

Are you saying that we should play a foreign base player for grassroot development.

What part of grassroot development don't you understand. Are you saying you will be happy if we carry a foreign base under 17 team.

Grassroot development. That is what we use the U17 for. It is right and they should not change it. It is not only for discovering talents. Any foreign base player can fight for the U20 that is what Alaba should have done.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

Apart from National titles, he has won more titles with his club than any Nigerian.

And so, haven't other Bayern Munich players like Muller won more titles than him?

He is a successful footballer. That is his own but his club medals will not do anything for our nation. Alaba wanted to play for Nigeria for international games, not club medals and I hope Austria can give it to him.

We won an international medal during his time as an Austrian player.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Who is blaming Alaba? Let him enjoy his youngest Austrian title. No competition. He would not achieve that playing for us.

He has Austria, so good for him. I prefer those who only want to play for us. Many of them have gone like that. It did not stop us from producing the likes of Kanu, Akpoborie, Finidi, Oruma, Amunike, Celestine, Yekini, Enyeama etc.

More are coming and more will fly the Green white green flag high. He can rush and play for Russia. Abi, he is even their youngest captain. I hope he rakes an international medal with his rush.

I want those devoted to Nigeria. Not those with one eyes outside and if they do not call them, then they want us their second choice.

One little lamp can lighten the whole house.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

But, if the light wants to light another house, we should not beg him. We are contented with what we have. If not you, I do not think Alaba. I am checking how Juwon Oshaniwa is doing at Hearts of Scotland. Thinking of Alaba is like wondering why Messi is not playing for us.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

We can't know until we look into them. Like you said 'some of those players' but what about the genius ones among them? Remember, some said the same thing when Alaba issue came up but where are the better ones that won the U17 2007 world Cup?

Remember, Celta de Vigo trashed Barcelona by 4 goals to 1. The margin should have been even more than that if not for the misfiring strikers. So, Messi, Neymar and Suarez are bad players?

I can tell u that the national team has a team of scouts and all those players are within their radar. In my earlier post i mentioned those that have been invited already. Some more will still be invited and some new ones will still continue to emerge. However, not all are national team materials whether U17, U20, U23 or Super Eagles.

The ones invited thus far (within d last 2yrs) have nt been outstanding so no big deal abt them.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

We are not missing Alaba. He can win a thousand titles. The U17 handlers were right. We use the tournament for grassroot development.

We could not sacrifice that position for a boy playing in a German club. It beats the whole grassroot development ideology.

When Austria called him, did he think that he has a chance to play for Nigeria. No, he wants to play for Austria and he ran at the opportunity.

I truly wish him the best but I do not miss him.

And the same goes to any other foreign player who feels he is too big and we must dance to his tune. He can go and play for any other European country that wants him.

We are contended with our talents. Any foreign talent that wants to play for us must show dedication. Just like my brother Leon Balogun who called playing for us a dream. He was not thinking Germany but Nigeria.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
Peterside Idah said he went to convince Ehiogu to play for the Super Eagles and Ehiogu said, "I feel English."

Down the years, when Ehiogu saw that he would not play for England, hhestarted looking for a way to play for the Super Eagles.

Peterside asked, "How far, doesn't he feel English anymore?"
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Are you saying that we should play a foreign base player for grassroot development.

What part of grassroot development don't you understand. Are you saying you will be happy if we carry a foreign base under 17 team.

Grassroot development. That is what we use the U17 for. It is right and they should not change it. It, not only for discovering talents. Any foreign base player can fight for the U20 that is what Alaba should have done.

At first, you said Alaba was already an established star with Bayern Munich because he was already training with the first team, and therefore, he should not be called. But I said that you are wrong. Alaba was just like any other Nigerians (not all foreigners are living large as you thought) looking for ways to boost their career in order to make ends meet(as you earlier said).

You also said that the U17 is not meant for those doing well but suddenly you change the gear by saying it is not meant for foreigner players. I think there are inconsistencies in your argument.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Grassroot development. That is what we use the U17 for. It is right and they should not change it. It is not only for discovering talents. Any foreign base player can fight for the U20 that is what Alaba should have done.

Are foreign players no longer Nigerians?

Is that part of Nigeria Football Association Constitution and Nigeria's constitution or your own opinion?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
Icon4s:

Ah! So Etebo is telling us if Bacelona , Real Madrid or an EPL team comes calling he will still stay with Warri wolves?
I am expecting to see a counter pronouncement on this issue tomorrow.
E just de make mouth na. Make better offer show face, make I see how im face go begin turn.grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: Revealed - What Inspired Olympic Team to Victory
[/size]
By John Egbokhan

But for the timely intervention of the Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Solomon Dalong, Nigeria's dream to play in the men's soccer competition at the Rio Olympics in 2016 may have been scuttled. Even before the first ball was kicked by the team at the African Cup of Nations U-23 Championship which ended last weekend in Dakar, with Nigeria defeating Algeria 2-1 in the final, the Coach Samson Siasia-tinkered team were heading for failure.

Siasia, had in the run-up to the Championship in Senegal, warned of the impending failure because of a combination of factors, ranging from non-payment of camp allowances and winning bonuses and clubs' reluctance to release the players for national duty. Camping conditions were also said to be poor.

These factors, it appeared, weighed down the players' morale, which was evident in their opening two group games against Mali and Egypt, which ended 3-2 and 2-2 respectively.

In the game against Mali, the team ran to a 3-0 first half lead, only to be pegged back twice but held out for an hard-fought 3-2 win. A near-similar situation came up in the game with Egypt, where after scoring two goals, they conceded twice.

According to sources close to the team, the players played those two games with little or no motivation as their entitlements and allowances were yet to be paid as at that time. Even in their final group game with Algeria, where they needed a draw and a Egyptian defeat to qualify for the semifinal, the players were still being owed their due allowances.

Worried with the way things were going, the Sports Minister had to initiate moves for money to be taken to the team to guard against anything that could make the team lose the Olympics ticket. We learnt that Dalong wanted to route the money through the Nigeria Football Federation but later changed his mind and directed that the money be sent directly to the players in Senegal by ministry staff.

Dalong directed the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Sports and Youth Development, Christian Ohaa to take the money to Siasia and his players, who on receiving it were inspired to go all out for victory in the final game with Algeria, which they won 2-1. Interestingly, the First Vice-President of NFF, Seyi Akinwunmi had praised the contributions of Ohaa and the Director General of the National Sports Commission,Alhassan Yakmut in the success of the Olympic-bound team.

Akinwunmi said " the NFF wants to give kudos to the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, Mr. Christian Ohaa and the Director -General of the National Sports Commission, Mallam Alhassan Saleh Yakmut. These persons did much to inspire the players. They came with excellent words of motivation and the boys had no choice but to go out and perform at optimal level."
http://allafrica.com/stories/201512211328.html
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian Starlet to pick between Wolfsburg and Arsenal
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Oroq5rK9_6k/Vj_qR086g6I/AAAAAAAAVJk/EDS2O823u8s/s1600/Victor_Osimhen-1-717462.jpg[/img]

Arsenal are the frontrunners for the signature of Nigerian striking starlet Victor Osimhen, according to reports.

The Sun reports that Tottenham also held an interest in the 16-year-old, but it is now between Arsenal and Wolfsburg for his signature.

The youngster’s advisor, Gaffar Liameed, said: “We had many offers for Victor, but narrowed it down to Wolfsburg and Arsenal.”

The report states the Nigerian is more tempted by the prospect of a move to the Emirates, despite visiting the Bundesliga outfit.

Osimhen claimed the golden boot at the Under-17 World Cup in Chile in November as the Eaglets romped to an impressive tournament victory.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been short of options in attack this season, with England striker Danny Welbeck yet to feature this campaign and Theo Walcott only recently returning from a two-month layoff.

The Gunners host Manchester City in a pivotal top-of-the-table clash on Monday night with both sides looking for three points in order to stay in touch with league leaders Leicester City.
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/12/nigerian-starlet-to-pick-between.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

Are foreign players no longer Nigerians?

Is that part of Nigeria Football Association Constitution and Nigeria's constitution or your own opinion?

Are Nigerian foreign players, already in clubs your idea of grassroot development. At the time Alaba wanted to play for Nigeria, was he qualified to play for Nigeria as a grassroot player?

Coach Yemi Tella and Coach Manu Garba rejected Alaba because Nigeria uses the U17 to develop grassroot football of the country.

Were you had boys like Alampasu and Osimhen who were hawkers on the street, unknown in football, become big boys and National heroes.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

At first, you said Alaba was already an established star with Bayern Munich because he was already training with the first team, and therefore, he should not be called. But I said that you are wrong. Alaba was just like any other Nigerians (not all foreigners are living large as you thought) looking for ways to boost their career in order to make ends meet(as you earlier said).

You also said that the U17 is not meant for those doing well but suddenly you change the gear by saying it is not meant for foreigner players. I think there are inconsistencies in your argument.

[b]I though he was training with the first team of Bayern Munich as one of the Reserve youngster but he was not a reserve player of Bayern Munich until the next year, 2008 he joined Bayen Munich II.

Early career
Born in Vienna, Alaba began his career with SV Aspern, his local club in Aspern, in the 22nd district, Donaustadt, before joining the youth setup of FK Austria Wien at age 10. He rose through the ranks quickly, and in April 2008 he was named on the first-team substitutes' bench for a Bundesliga match.

This kind of player has what an average Nigerian Footballer would dream about. There was no way The Handlers of the U17 would take such a player to a tournament we use for grassroot development. It is not just Bayern Munich. He did not fit the grassroot criteria.

That was not enough for him to turn his back on Nigeria and run to play for Austria. That is all I am saying. He should have waited to join the team when they played the U20 World Cup.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Striker Junior Ajayi fires Olympics warning: “We will be dangerous in Rio”
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/65/d2/oluwafemi-ajayi-junior_1mckn1wbwywoa1a4k2jqaeuyw1.jpg?t=-1003525839&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Shemmy Sholabomi

The CS Sfaxien man expects the African U23 champions to hold their own when they get to Brazil as well as heaping praise on coach Samson Siasia

Nigeria U23 striker Oluwafemi Ajayi Junior has tipped the team to offer a big surprise at the 2016 Olympics football event in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

The Dream Team VI defeated Algeria 2-1 to win the Caf U23 Africa Cup of Nations in early December.

“We are happy that we have qualified for the Olympics. I am also sure that by the time our technical crew works on this team and finalizes on the team for the Olympics we will not only be raring to go, but will be dangerous to play against in the competition,” Ajayi told Goal.

The striker also reflected on his performance at the tournament where he scored two goals in Nigeria’s opening 3-2 win over Egypt.

“I think I am pleased with my performance because I was playing off position and as a footballer you are expected to play anywhere if the need arises. I will not say I am happy or fulfilled but rather relieved that after the tournament every player’s effort was worth it,” he disclosed.

The CS Sfaxien of Tunisia man said coach Samson Siasia is like a father to the players and they loved playing for him in order to get results that made him happy.

“Coach Samson Siasia is not only a coach to us but a father and the rest of the technical crew has been the reason behind the success of the team so far,” he said.

“He treats us like his own sons and has that magic to make you as a player not only be fond of him but to also want to play and win matches for him and to be happy.

“You could see the way we were able to win some difficult matches in the competition in Senegal. We always doubled our efforts in matches in order not to let him down.

“I am happy that God eventually crowned our efforts by winning the competition and being crowned African champions,” he disclosed.

Ajayi started playing in the U23 side from his time at Shooting Stars and was glad that the clause to participate in the U23 Afcon was included in his contract with Sfaxien.

“Your country will always be your country and every one wants to contribute to the growth of his fatherland,” he said.

“I am happy that the clause was included in the contract I signed with CS Sfaxien and it has yielded positive dividends by winning the Africa U23 Nations Cup.”
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4078/exclusives/2015/12/21/18578042/striker-junior-ajayi-fires-olympics-warning-we-will-be-dangerous-
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

But, if the light wants to light another house, we should not beg him. We are contented with what we have. If not you, I do not think Alaba. I am checking how Juwon Oshaniwa is doing at Hearts of Scotland. Thinking of Alaba is like wondering why Messi is not playing for us.

The boy was rejected that was the case even when he was still eligible to play for Super Eagles. Well, not everybody will be content to have mediocre players..... I mean players that can't win you World Cup. Please, tell me one player in the National team better than Alaba?

I don't even watch him play because I share your sentiments of watching how Imoh-ezekiel and other Nigerian players still eligible for the National team doing for there various clubs.

Thinking of what Alaba alone would have brought to the Super Eagles always makes me think our scouting system is a failure.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Are Nigerian foreign players, already in clubs your idea of grassroot development. At the time Alaba wanted to play for Nigeria, was he qualified to play for Nigeria as a grassroot player?

Coach Yemi Tella and Coach Manu Garba rejected Alaba because Nigeria uses the U17 to develop grassroot football of the country.

Were you had boys like Alampasu and Osimhen who were hawkers on the street, unknown in football, become big boys and National heroes.

Why do we go to the grass roots to source for players?

Where did we source our grass roots players from?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]I though he was training with the first team of Bayern Munich as one of the Reserve youngster but he was not a reserve player of Bayern Munich until the next year, 2008 he joined Bayen Munich II.

Early career
Born in Vienna, Alaba began his career with SV Aspern, his local club in Aspern, in the 22nd district, Donaustadt, before joining the youth setup of FK Austria Wien at age 10. He rose through the ranks quickly, and in April 2008 he was named on the first-team substitutes' bench for a Bundesliga match.

This kind of player has what an average Nigerian Footballer would dream about. There was no way The Handlers of the U17 would take such a player to a tournament we use for grassroot development. It is not just Bayern Munich. He did not fit the grassroot criteria.

That was not enough for him to turn his back on Nigeria and run to play for Austria. That is all I am saying. He should have waited to join the team when they played the U20 World Cup.
[/b]

Which criteria?

Who wrote it?

Can you please show a portion of that criteria for the world to see?

If there's none then he is qualified to play for Nigeria.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

We are not missing Alaba. He can win a thousand titles. The U17 handlers were right. We use the tournament for grassroot development.

We could not sacrifice that position for a boy playing in a German club. It beats the whole grassroot development ideology.

When Austria called him, did he think that he has a chance to play for Nigeria. No, he wants to play for Austria and he ran at the opportunity.

I truly wish him the best but I do not miss him.

And the same goes to any other foreign player who feels he is too big and we must dance to his tune. He can go and play for any other European country that wants him.

We are contended with our talents. Any foreign talent that wants to play for us must show dedication. Just like my brother Leon Balogun who called playing for us a dream. He was not thinking Germany but Nigeria.
You are wrong joe. U17 & U20 are meant for discovering talents that can be groomed to form the foundation of the senior team. They are are grassroot development but our national team development. U17 and U20 is not a poverty alleviation or chop chop program to save the poor lads and poor families. We are talking about football here not some Aso rock national cake. Football is for all(poor or rich). According to ur point an U17 son of a senator which football talent should not come near our U17 team because he is not from the village. You be should be eligible to play for our U17 or U20 teams, once you have Nigerian blood flowing in you, the interest is there and whether you are in Japan or Mexico or Usa.

Funny how you twist everything about the Alaba saga. Alaba is not the villian here. The boy showed interest to represent our U17 team, our coaches blatantly rejected him. Austria gave him the opportunity to represent the Senior team at just age 17 and you expected him to reject the offer(to prove patriotism or wot?) . Why should he reject the offer when Nigeria have no interest. Austria is presently 10th on fifa ranking and they've also qualified for Euro 2016. One of the best teams in the qualifiers. Presently one of the best left backs in Europe and a strong force in the bayern team.. Alaba did nothing wrong in accepting Austrian offer.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

Which criteria?

Who wrote it?

Can you please show a portion of that criteria for the world to see?

If there's none then he is qualified to play for Nigeria.

Alaba himself said the Nigerian U17 handlers rejected him because we use the U17 to promote grassroot players. I am baffled that a human being can have a problem with Nigeria developing our grassroot players.

I mean, are you being serious at all? We are even complaining that we need more room to promote our grassroot players and you are here writing things I can not decipher what your problem is.

Are you saying we should have left our local talent to expose an already exposed player?

We beat Germany with their promising German youngsters 4-1 in that competition.

Can you tell me what your problem is? Or is that you look down on Nigerian local talents?

Look at Ahmed Musa, he is one hundred percent Nigerian footballing system. He was a name here before he touched Europe.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
Badosqi:
You are wrong joe. U17 & U20 are meant for discovering talents that can be groomed to form the foundation of the senior team. They are are grassroot development but our national team development. U17 and U20 is not a poverty alleviation or chop chop program to save the poor lads and poor families. We are talking about football here not some Aso rock national cake. Football is for all(poor or rich). According to ur point an U17 son of a senator which football talent should not come near our U17 team because he is not from the village. You be should be eligible to play for our U17 or U20 teams, once you have Nigerian blood flowing in you, the interest is there and whether you are in Japan or Mexico or Usa.

Funny how you twist everything about the Alaba saga. Alaba is not the villian here. The boy showed interest to represent our U17 team, our coaches blatantly rejected him. Austria gave him the opportunity to represent the Senior team at just age 17 and you expected him to reject the offer(to prove patriotism or wot?) . Why should he reject the offer when Nigeria have no interest. Austria is presently 10th on fifa ranking and they've also qualified for Euro 2016. One of the best teams in the qualifiers. Presently one of the best left backs in Europe and a strong force in the bayern team.. Alaba did nothing wrong in accepting Austrian offer.

Your the one that is confusing yourself. A Nigerian senator's son might have all the money in the World but he is not exposed.

Remember, Coach Yemi Tella was a member of the Nigerian technical committee. Answer yes or no.

Did Alaba, a football professional in Europe fit into the criteria of Nigerian football grassroot development player?

Did I say Alaba did something wrong choosing Austria. If he wanted to play for Nigeria, he would have waited and played for Coach Siasia's U20 team.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
Badosqi:

Bros, you've said it all. Kudos.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Alaba himself said the Nigerian U17 handlers rejected him because we use the U17 to promote grassroot players. I am baffled that a human being can have a problem with Nigeria developing our grassroot players.

I mean, are you being serious at all? We are even complaining that we need more room to promote our grassroot players and you are here writing things I can not decipher what your problem is.

Are you saying we should have left our local talent to expose an already exposed player?

We beat German with promising German youngsters 4-1 in that competition.

Can you tell me what your problem is? Or is that you look down on Nigerian local talents?

Look at Ahmed Musa, he is one hundred percent Nigerian footballing system. He was a name here before he touched Europe.

I am asking you again, please give me the right answers

Why do we go to the grass roots to source for players?

Where did we source our grassroots players from?

Please answer this first then I will go to the next. Thanks
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

I am asking you again, please give me the right answers

Why do we go to the grass roots to source players?

Where did we source our players from?

Please answer this first then I will go to the next. Thanks

Maybe you are arguing because you do not understand the ideology. I can forgive you Mr forgiveness for that.

Let us use Coach Emmanuel Amunike's U17 winning team:

Amunike toured Nigeria, hosting games between local footballing academies in Nigeria. He selected his first set of players after this tour.

After we qualified for the World Cup, he held open camps in different areas of the country, giving local talents who did not have a chance to join academies to show case their talents.

After that, he had a team of Nigerian grassroot footballers. That is from the lowest level of our football. Complete amateurs.

He took them to the tournament and he won. Some would never have played football at that level in their life if not that the U17 is strictly for grassroot development.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Maybe you are arguing because you do not understand the ideology. I can forgive you Mr forgiveness for that.

Let us use Coach Emmanuel Amunike's U17 winning team:

Amunike toured Nigeria, hosting games between local footballing academies in Nigeria. He selected his first set of players after this tour.

After we qualified for the World Cup, he held open camps in different areas of the country, giving local talents who did not have a chance to join academies to show case their talents.

After that, he had a team of Nigerian grassroot footballers. That is from the lowest level of our football. Complete amateurs.

He took them to the tournament and he won. Some would never have played football at that level in their life if not that the U17 is strictly for grassroot development.

They should change that. The team should be for the best u-17 Nigerian players. This same mindset lost us Alaba lets not repeat it again. There should be a fine line.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Let is use Coach Emmanuel Amunike's U17 winning team for instance:

If you show me where ideology is written then I will hold my peace.

You mean Amunike still sourced his players from the same Academy(clubs) you lately condemned by saying and I quote 'is a player already in club your idea of grassroots'. I am forgiveness and I have forgiven you for that. grin

Why did Amunike have to go that low to source for players?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

They should change that. The team should be for the best u-17 Nigerian players. This same mindset lost us Alaba lets not repeat it again. There should be a fine line.

They should not change it. If they change it, we will have our coaches globe trotting looking for established names in clubs and abandoning our grassroot talents.

Look at Osimhen and Alampasu, if not this system we would have not have the likes of these guys. We might lose Alaba but we gain more by exposing more of our grassroot talents.

We won the U17 back to back. Produced talents like Osimhen, Chukwueze, Iheanacho, Chidera Ezeh, Yahaya, Chidebere and Kelechi Nwakali and a host of others.

What a lot of people do not know is that we have more talents in our grassroot that in clubs. We need more ways to expose them. The U17 has helped in a lot of ways.

You do not change a winning system.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Bros, abeg help me tell am.

There's nothing for them to change because such ideology doesn't exist in the first place. He must have framed it. Except, he is one of them.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

If you show me where ideology is written then I will hold my peace.

You mean Amunike still sourced his players from the same Academy(clubs) you lately condemned by saying and I quote 'is a player already in club you're idea of grassroots'. I am forgiveness and I have forgiven for that. grin

Why did Amunike have to go that low to source for players?

Local academies, like Taye Academy. These are grassroot academies that pick up young children and develop them with footballing knowledge to make them better men. Academies are not clubs. Alaba was not an academy player. He was a club player.

Amunike had to go so low because our U17 makes the coaches look for grassroot talents. It is simple. If not this means, we might not have the likes of Awoniyi and Isaac Success today.

I do not need to show you where it is written. Alaba did not show me. Alaba said why he was rejected and the head coach of that team was a former member of the NFF technical committee.

It is good and brilliant ideology. We have many youmg boys seeking opportunites. The young Nigerian players in Europe can battle it out for places in the U20 team where the foreign based Nigerians are wholeheartedly welcomed.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

Bros, abeg help me tell am.

There's nothing for them to change because such ideology doesn't exist in the first place. He must have framed it. Except, he is one of them.

Stop being ridiculous. How did I frame it?

Why did Coach Yemi Tella and Coach Manu Garba reject David Alaba? What did Alaba give as their reason?

Answer the question before falsely accusing someone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.