Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,535 members, 7,861,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:16 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (704458 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
Icon4s:

I can tell u that the national team has a team of scouts and all those players are within their radar. In my earlier post i mentioned those that have been invited already. Some more will still be invited and some new ones will still continue to emerge. However, not all are national team materials whether U17, U20, U23 or Super Eagles.

The ones invited thus far (within d last 2yrs) have nt been outstanding so no big deal abt them.

Good to hear that.

*clearing throat * how do you know, are you one of them?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

They should not change it. If they change it, we will have our coaches globe trotting looking for established names in clubs amd abandoning our grassroot talents.

Look at Osimhen and Alampasu, if not this system we woukd have not had the likes of these guys. We might lose Alaba but we gain more with exposing more of our grassroot talents.

We won the U17 back to back. Produced talents like Osimhen, Chukwueze, Iheanacho, Chidera Ezeh, Yahaya, Chidebere and Kelechi Nwakali and a host of others.

What a lot of people do not know is that we have more talents in our grassroot that in clubs. We need more ways to expose them. The U17 has helped in a lot of ways.

You do not change a winning system.

Spot on bro. Is forgiveness saying we have nt produced players from our youth system that are better than Alaba?

Our grassroots system has seen Nigeria play in 4 out of d last 5 U17 WC final winning 3. We are getting it right, simple. Before the last U17 WC people dat shared same sentiments with forgiveness were clamouring for d inclusion of some English groomed U17 Nigerians. Amuneke organised a friendly btw our local Eaglets and Anglo Eaglets jst to makr some selection decisions. The local eaglets won 9-0. Most of those Euro-Nigerian players are simply over-rated!

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

Good to hear that.

*clearing throat * how do you know, are you one of them?

I know. Simple. Besides it is no secret.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Stop being ridiculous. How did I frame it?

Why did Coach Yemi Tella and Coach Manu Garba reject David Alaba? What did Alaba give as their reason?

Answer the question before falsely accusing someone.

Please, kindly show us a pieces of the article from the Nigeria Football association that said so.

Did Yemi Tella act based on a written article by the federation or he personally and tactically choose to shun the boy?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
Icon4s:

I know. Simple. Besides it is no secret.

OK. But it is secret to me.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
Icon4s:

Spot on bro. Is forgiveness saying we have nt produced players from our youth system that are better than Alaba?

Our grassroots system has seen Nigeria play in 4 out of d last 5 U17 WC final winning 3. We are getting it right, simple. Before the last U17 WC people dat shared same sentiments with forgiveness were clamouring for d inclusion of some English groomed U17 Nigerians. Amuneke organised a friendly btw our local Eaglets and Anglo Eaglets jst to makr some selection decisions. The local eaglets won 9-0. Most of those Euro-Nigerian players are simply over-rated!

The fact that Celta da Vigo trashed Barcelona 4 - 1, does not mean Messi, Neymar and Suarez are over-rated players. Besides, they(Anglo) were assembled in a day for that match against a team(local Eaglets) that has been together for long.

Wait o, you mean the NFF abandoned the grassroots project and went that far to organise a friendly for Anglo-Born players in order to source players? shocked grin

Someone has misunderstood NFF.

Let us look at players Tella snubbed for Alaba, Macauley Chrisantus, Lukman Haruna, Rabiu grin Ibrahim etcetera. Where are they now?

Who can you compare with Alaba?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Your the one that is confusing yourself. A Nigerian senators son might have all the money in the World but he is not exposed.
but this is against ur grassroot development stuff because according to you in one of ur posts the U17 should be "
TheGoodJoe:

We use the U17 to boost the local young boys in the country to provide better life for their friends and family.
". A senator's son should not come close to our U17 team. He has money and he doesn't fit ur grassroot development program. A nigerian boy from europe may lack exposure too.

TheGoodJoe:

Remember, Coach Yemi Tella was a member of the Nigerian technical committee. Answer yes or no.

Did Alaba, a football professional in Europe fit into the criteria of Nigerian football grassroot development player?
as far as i know, the U17 & U20 are for talent hunt and they are opened for both all rich and poor, grassroot and irokoroot. There should be no discrimination. We are all Nigerians and nobody should stop us from serving our fathers land.

TheGoodJoe:

Did I say Alaba did something wrong choosing Austria. If he wanted to play for Nigeria, he would have waited and played for Coach Siasia's U20 team.
of course you did. You wrote

Alaba was wrong there and I hope he wins an international medal with Austria. I wonder what he was rushing for. He expected us to drop a grassroot player to play him.

waited? The boy was eligible to play for nigeria and austria. Nigeria rejected him from joining the U17 team, Austria came later with a senior team offer at age 17 and you expected him to say no. Was there an agreement between the boy and nff that coach siasia would give him the U20 opportunity? HELL NO.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

The fact that Celta da Vigo trashed Barcelona 4 - 1, does not mean Messi, Neymar and Suarez are over-rated players. Besides, they were brought together for the first time to play a team that has been together for long.

Let us look as players Tella snubbed for Alaba, Macauley Chrisantus, Lukman Haruna, Rabiu Ibrahim etcetera. Where are they now?

Who can you compare with Alaba?

4-1 is pardonable bt 9-0 is something else.

Nigerian youth system has produced better players than Alaba.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
Icon4s:

4-1 is pardonable bt 9-0 is something else.

Nigerian youth system has produced better players than Alaba.

Please, Tell me the players from that his set that is better than him and you can add the names of those better players.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

Please, Tell me the players from that his set that is better than him and you can add the names of those better players.

What i am telling u is the Nigerian youth system has produced better players than Alaba.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
Icon4s:

What i am telling u is the Nigerian youth system has produced better players than Alaba.

When ? And what is the player name ,Or are you talking about what will happen in the coming future ?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
lexyman:

When ? And what is the player name ,Or are you talking about what will happen in the coming future ?

Perfect questions.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Bundesliga 2015/2016 Nigeria U23
'Osimhen 90% set for Wolfsburg - Adviser
[/size]

Osimhen (right)

by Samm Audu
An adviser to FIFA U17 World Cup sensation Victor Osimhen has given by far the strongest indication yet that the youngster is headed for Wolfsburg after he said it is now “90% certain” he will join the German club..

Osimhen has sparked off a multiple of offers since his record-breaking 10 goals at the U17 World Cup in Chile in November with his handlers narrowing their choices to two – Wolfsburg and Arsenal.

And now Liameed Gafaar, who has acted as adviser in where Osimhen will play next, has disclosed: “The first choice is now Wolfsburg because with his speed and techniques the Bundesliga will best suit him. It will be a good start for him in Europe.

“The boy also loves what he has seen about Wolfsburg. So, it is safe to say it is now 90% certain it will be Wolfsburg for Osimhen.”

The adviser, who is the owner of 36 Lion of Lagos, added the Osimhen camp who have been on visit to Germany on the invitation of Wolfsburg have given their word to the Bundesliga club.

“We have a verbal agreement with Wolfsburg as regards Victor,” he further revealed.
africanfootball.com/news/595581/-Osimhen-90-set-for-Wolfsburg-Adviser
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
lexyman:

Mayb u jst started following Nigerian football. Ever heard of the following players?: Nwankwo Kanu, Austin Okocha, Emmanuel Amuneke, Celestine Babayaro, Tijani Babangida, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, even d recent Odion Ighalo? All products of our rich youths system.

5 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Badosqi:

but this is against ur grassroot development stuff because according to you in one of ur posts the U17 should be "". A senator's son should not come close to our U17 team. He has money and he doesn't fit ur grassroot development program. A nigerian boy from europe may lack exposure too.

as far as i know, the U17 & U20 are for talent hunt and they are opened for both all rich and poor, grassroot and irokoroot. There should be no discrimination. We are all Nigerians and nobody should stop us from serving our fathers land.

of course you did. You wrote

waited? The boy was eligible to play for nigeria and austria. Nigeria rejected him from joining the U17 team, Austria came later with a senior team offer at age 17 and you expected him to say no. Was there an agreement between the boy and nff that coach siasia would give him the U20 opportunity? HELL NO.

Grassroot football does not mean poor footballers. It means footballers playing on the lowest level of football in Nigeria.

How can a senator's son playing in a local academy of Nigeria not be a grassroot footballer? You can see why I said you are convincing yourself.

I said, if Alaba wanted to play for Nigeria, he would have waited for his turn. When the Austrian offer came, he chose them because he did not want to play for us again.

We can not stop promoting our grassroot footballers because we need to beg the likes of Jordan Ibe and Dele Alli to play for Nigeria.

Promoting the grassroot is one of the important ways to develop Nigerian football.

Stop writing U20, we are not talking about U20 the likes of Nacho, Ezeh, Yahaya, Success all played as foreign base players in the National U20 team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
forgiveness:

Please, kindly show us a pieces of the article from the Nigeria Football association that said so.

Did Yemi Tella act based on a written article by the federation or he personally and tactically choose to shun the boy?

How many foreign based players have you seen playing in the history of our U17. This has happened long before Yemi Tella.

There was this young Keeper that was making waves in Europe during the U17. I think he was 15 years old, did You see Amunike call him? Instead he scouted young talents in our country.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
Icon4s:

There is a young coach based in Port Harcourt who runs an academy. I had the opportunity to watch him train his kids one day. In the meeting before the training begun, he said, "Oyibo children have everything to succeed. Facilities, equipments, kits and coaches. You guys do not have anything. All you have is to take your training seriously." And, he started jogging with them.

So what these guys are saying is that even the opportunity the U17 gives these kids to make their lives better, we should stop it for the children overseas that already have an unfair advantage.

The U17 is one of the few sectors of Nigerian football I commend the NFF.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
Siasia never requested for Mikel'

By: Sammy Wejinya | 20 Dec | 14:41
© supersport.com

John Obi Mikel © Shengolpixs
Samson Siasia says he never discussed including Chelsea midfielder, John Obi Mikel, into Nigeria’s 2016 Olympic football squad with anyone.

The local media was awash with stories that Mikel could be a shock inclusion to the squad with the players reportedly informing an unnamed “source” about his intention to play at the Olympics for Nigeria.

Siasia has now moved to deny the rumours insisting that no one knows the identities of the players who will make the list.

“Coach Siasia has not mentioned the name of any player who will be included in the Olympic team so I want to advise the Nigerian media to be patient.

“When the list of players to be invited is released, it will be made available to the media.

“This issue of trying to be smart or trying to get exclusive (stories) is not going to help the team.

“They will only heat up the polity because if eventually, the Siasia does not invite Mikel, there will be talk of the coach having a grudge against the player.

“The coach has neither invited anyone, nor discussed who he plans to invite to the team,” Nigeria’s Under-23 team spokesman, Timi Ebikagboro told supersport.com.

Mikel was excluded from the 2008 Nigeria Olympic team by Siasia after the Chelsea man failed to take part in the qualifiers for the tournament.

http://ng.supersports.mobi/football/nigeria/news/151220/Samson_never_requested_for_mikel

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
Icon4s:

Mayb u jst started following Nigerian football. Ever heard of the following players?: Nwankwo Kanu, Austin Okocha, Emmanuel Amuneke, Celestine Babayaro, Tijani Babangida, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, even d recent Odion Ighalo.

First of all, you avoided my first question. I asked you, where are the players Tella snubbed for Alaba?

After you answer that I will come to this one.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:13am On Dec 22, 2015
Sadiq Umar scored his first goal in Serie A for AS Roma in their 2-0 win over Genoa on Sunday.

The 18-year-old was thrown into the fray as an 82nd minute substitute in place of Egyptian winger Mohammed Salah by club trainer Rudi Garcia.

Umar took his chance as he netted in the 89th minute in predatory fashion to seal maximum points for the Giallorossi.

He crept in behind the Genoa defence, outsmarting five players in the process as he headed past Mattia Peron following a great cross from William Vainqueur.

Umar, currently on loan from Serie B (second division) club Spezia, had only played twice previously for Roma in Serie A -- racking up just 30 minutes of action under his belt.

http://ng.supersports.mobi/football/nigeria/news/151220/Umar_hits_debut_goal_for_roma

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:14am On Dec 22, 2015
Umar makes inroads in Serie A

By: Sammy Wejinya | 21 Dec | 15:40
© supersport.com

Sadiq Umar © Getty Images
Sadiq Umar scored a beautiful goal in Serie A for AS Roma to announce himself on the the big stage on Sunday.

The 18-year-old attacker read William Vainqueur's cross to perfection as he took out five defenders to plant home an emphatic header past Mattia Perin to give the Giallorossi a 2-0 lead over Genoa at the Stadio Olimpico.

It was Umar’s first Serie A goal in just 38 minutes of action spanning three league games.

Umar was not the only Nigeria that produced goalscoring heroics for his club on the old continent at the weekend as supersport.com now rounds up the best of the action from the top leagues in Europe.

England (Premier League)

Peter Odemwingie is still sidelined with injury and did not play a part in the Potters’ 1-2 defeat to Crystal Palace at the Britannia Stadium.

John Obi Mikel was a second-half substitute for Chelsea in the Blues’ 3-1 win over Sunderland at Stamford Bridge.

The Super Eagles midfielder replaced Cesc Fabregas in the 71st minute.

No one can put a good man down and it seems no one can put Odion Ighalo down as the attacker put in yet another man-of-the-match performance for Watford in the 3-0 win over Liverpool at Vicarage Road.

Ighalo has scored 12 league goals for the Hornets this season.

Germany (Bundesliga)

It was yet another sad day for Anthony Ujah whose Werder Bremen side remain in the relegation zone after a 1-2 defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt at Commerzbank-Arena.

Ujah missed a string of chances in the game as the Bundesliga entered the winter break.

Leon Balogun was not listed for Mainz 05 in the club’s 0-2 loss to Hertha BSC at Olympiastadion Berlin.

Italy (Serie A)

Sadiq Umar required only seven minutes to make his mark with a goal after replacing Mohammed Salah late in the second half as AS Roma beat Genoa 2-0 at the Stadio Olimpico.

Ogenyi Onazi was an unused substitute for SS Lazio in the 2-1 win over Internazionale at SanSiro.

Spain (Primera División)

Success Isaac played all 90 minutes for Granada in the 0-2 loss to Celta Viga at Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes.

Uche Agbo was a second-half substitute for Granada.

France (Ligue 1)

Vincent Enyeama was in action for all 90 minutes and helped Lille OSC claim a point after drawing 1-1 with Reims at Stadium Municipal.

Elderson Echiejile played the entire game for AS Monaco in the 0-0 draw with Troyes at Stade de l'Aube.

The Netherlands (Eredivisie)

Abiola Dauda was an unused substitute for Vitesse in the 5-1 win over Twente at GelreDome.

Bartholomew Ogbeche scored twice for Cambuur in the 4-1 win over Excelsior at Stadion Woudestein.

Turkey (Süper Lig)

Godfrey Oboabona played all 90 minutes for Caykur Rizespor in the 0-2 loss to Gaziantepspor at Kamil Ocak Stadyumu.

Gabriel Arokoyo and John Chibuike were both in action for the victors whose win lifts them to ninth on the log with 22 points from 16 matches.

Kenneth Omeruo played the entire game for Kasimpasa in the 2-1 win over Mersin Idmanyurdu at Mersin Arena.

Michael Eneramo played all 90 minutes for Sivasspor in the 0-0 draw with Kayserispor at 4. Eylül Stadyumu.

Yakubu Aiyegbeni came on late in the second half for Kayserispor as the visitors looked to snatch a late win.

Raheem Lawal was not listed for bottom club Eskisehirspor in the 1-2 defeat to Istanbul Basakesehir at Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadyumu.

Portugal (Primeira Liga)

Anderson Esiti sat on the bench throughout Arouca’s 0-1 loss to Vitória Guimarães at Estádio António Coimbra da Mota.

Abdullahi Shehu was on from start to finish for União Madeira in the 1-0 win over Sporting CP at Estádio do Centro Desportivo da Madeira.

Scotland (Premiership)

Efe Ambrose was an unused substitute for Celtic in the 1-2 loss to Motherwell at Celtic.

Belgium (Premiership)

Wilfred Ndidi played all 90 minutes for Genk in the 3-0 over Sint-Truiden at Cristal Arena.

Moses Simon scored Gent’s opening goal in the 3-0 win over Kortrijk at GHELAMCO-arena.

Gent are still top of the table with 43 points from 20 matches.

Ezekiel Imoh was on from start to finish for Anderlecht in the 4-1 win over Club Brugge at Jan Breydels

http://ng.supersport.mobi/football/nigeria/news/151221/Umar_makes_inroads_in_Serie_A

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:02am On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

First of all, you avoided my first question. I asked you, where are the players Tella snubbed for Alaba?

You are avoiding the fact. Grassroot development is not to make all the players turn to Pele but to give them a chance to have better lives.

After the tournament, they got houses and money from the government and companies. Some will use the money to start business and put the houses on rent. Some will give the money to their parents to raise regular income for their families.

Some will use the money to travel oversees to pursue their footballing careers. Some will use the money to further their education.

The grassroot development is not just for football also but to make them better people in the society.

Marcauley Chrisantus, AEK Athens
Ibrahim Rabiu, Trencin
Haruna Lukman, Anzhi Makachkala

So this is a system to give young boys a way out of the struggle of life with their talents. Some of them even had a chance to play for clubs in the home sides.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:04am On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

So I am asking you again. What is your problem? Are you against the development of grassroot football? Are you not impressed that Nigerian local talents can make things happen in Europe?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:13am On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

None is playing top flight football. But what i have been telling u all along is the Nigerian youth system has produced better players than Alaba.

A system that has produced 5titles, highest for any country in the world is commendable and should be sustained.

U cannot undermine this system jst bc of Alaba.And u cannot flood our national team with every Nigerian half cast u see in Europe jst bc u want to avoid "the Alaba case ".

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:20am On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

So I am asking you again. What is your problem? Are you against the development of grassroot football? Are you not impressed that a Nigerian local talents can make things happen in Europe?

This is a simple case of not cherishing what u have. The believe that nothing good comes out of the home front.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 8:53am On Dec 22, 2015
Icon4s:

Mayb u jst started following Nigerian football. Ever heard of the following players?: Nwankwo Kanu, Austin Okocha, Emmanuel Amuneke, Celestine Babayaro, Tijani Babangida, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, even d recent Odion Ighalo? All products of our rich youths system.

Don't go there . I ve been following Nigerian football for quite some time , and some of the players you mentioned were not product of grassroot football , but the product of "grassroots hustle" Alaba is a world best 3 ....also another utility player that can play upto 5 roles on the pitch . Mention Just 2 Nigeria player that will play that role successfully in a world class team like Bayern?

Don't get me wrong I am not hating on our youth system , it's in progress and I know it will work , but I see u as someone that is over ambitious . None of the present youth is close to Alaba , even babayaro in his days could nt play more than 2 . Alaba is a product of modern football and he's playing under a modern coach with great philosophy , Guadiola will make any player play any role comfortably .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:22am On Dec 22, 2015
lexyman:

Don't go there . I ve been following Nigerian football for quite some time , and some of the players you mentioned were not product of grassroot football , but the product of "grassroots hustle" Alaba is a world best 3 ....also another utility player that can play upto 5 roles on the pitch . Mention Just 2 Nigeria player that will play that role successfully in a world class team like Bayern?

Don't get me wrong I am not hating on our youth system , it's in progress and I know it will work , but I see u as someone that is over ambitious . None of the present youth is close to Alaba , even babayaro in his days could nt play more than 2 . Alaba is a product of modern football and he's playing under a modern coach with great philosophy , Guadiola will make any player play any role comfortably .

When the players were hustling their football in the grassroot level were they not doing it in Nigeria? So, how can they not be products of our grassroot football?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You are avoiding the fact. Grassroot development is not to make all the players turn to Pele but to give them a chance to have better lives.

After the tournament, they got houses and money from the government and companies. Some will use the money to start business and put the houses on rent. Some will give the money to their parents to raise regular income for their families.

Some will use the money to travel oversees to pursue their footballing careers. Some will use the money to further their education.

The grassroot development is not just for football also but to make them better people in the society.

Marcauley Chrisantus, AEK Athens
Ibrahim Rabiu, Trencin
Haruna Lukman, Anzhi Makachkala

So this is a system to give young boys a way out of the struggle of life with their talents. Some of them even had a chance to play for clubs in the home sides.

Fact! O I see, you mean your opinion right?

If what you said is the fact, why did NFF bothered to invite foreign based players for selection prior to the last U17 World Cup?

Why was 1 foreign based player(already in a club) included in the 2013 U17 World Cup?

As you can see NFF was searching for talented players to fortify the team and not chop I chop players as you've wrongful portrayed.

So, can you compare them with the ignored one?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:54am On Dec 22, 2015
Icon4s:

None is playing top flight football. But what i have been telling u all along is the Nigerian youth system has produced better players than Alaba.

A system that has produced 5titles, highest for any country in the world is commendable and should be sustained.

U cannot undermine this system jst bc of Alaba.And u cannot flood our national team with every Nigerian half cast u see in Europe jst bc u want to avoid "the Alaba case ".

Thank God you admitted that the U17 2007 grass roots project was a failure.

Do you mean Emmanuel Amunike, Celestine Babayaro, Tijani Babangida, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and even Kanu Nwankwo are better than Alaba? grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
Icon4s:

This is a simple case of not cherishing what u have. The believe that nothing good comes out of the home front.

I cherish good players but I detest mediocre ones. And it does not matter where they come from. That's all.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
sir goodjoe this ideology of only home based players for u-17 where did it come from because I think I remember a Chelsea boy makanjuola in the iheanacho set.
now let's be real here: u have got a chance to play for 2 countries u meet the 1st and u are rejected with no promise of a future call up then the other calls u to show how much they need u. where will u go? u can't blame alaba for doing the RIGHT THING he followed those who needed him.
coach yemi tella was obviously acting on his own accord not of d NFF alaba is a Nigerian and had as much right as others to represent the country he should have been allowed in to train with other left backs to compete for the slot but him not being given that chance means that yemi tella didn't even care about taking the best team to represent the country which should always be the case.
NIGERIA has never had a better leftback than ALABA and its naija's loss not alaba common the nigga z way better than echiejile and oshaniwa and its not like we can even give him a world cup medal.
no DISRESPECT to the green white green just had to speak my mind before we drive all our better players with our mindset of Anglo Nigerians are average players abi is Nigeria a world power in football sef.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
forgiveness:

Fact! O I see, you mean your opinion right?

If what you said is the fact, why did NFF bothered to invite foreign based players for selection prior to the last U17 World Cup?

Why was 1 foreign based player(already in a club) included in the 2013 U17 World Cup?

As you can see NFF was searching for talented players to fortify the team and not chop I chop players as you've wrongful portrayed.

So, can you compare them with the ignored one?

[b]Leave your condescending tone. You can ridicule the boys as much as you want but it does not change the fact that these boys have defeated the so called European players with all the facilities, equipments and coaching to lift the U17 titles back to back.

The system is working and until tomorrow, the U17 will continue producing great players from the grassroot. Why are Arsenal and Wolfsburg fighting for Osimhen. I thought all good players come from their systems.

You are calling the U17 champions chop I chop.

You can hate on them but they will continue shining. There is no proof Amunike would carry the foreign base players.

What is boiling you? I have asked you repeatedly, what is your problem? You are ranting and shouting and calling local talents like Iheanacho and Success chop I chop players.

Are you not a hater? I guess Oruma ans Kanu Nwankwo are chop and chop players. It is paining you that local boys can grow up to become big stars through football.

Tell me what is your problem?[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.