Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,837 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696991 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
@ icon ...u just nailed it . I was looking for where I could click on more likes . But unfortunately I am entitled to one. Sia has been the luckiest among all... The only headache he can have is selection , I trust him he can pick the best attacking set of guys . I wish them all injury free before the Olympic !

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Petrobros: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
Icon4s:
I agree to some extent with Lexyman, particularly on Chikatara being injury prone. He shone like a million stars at the commencement up to the middle of 2013/2014 NPFL season. Injury hit him and he never recovered that form until his heroics against Niger. When fully in form Chisom Chikatara can wreck havoc against any defense. He is a kind of player that scores impossible goals even from the tightest of angles and slimmest of chances. I follow the NPFL wella so I know him very well. He is supposed to make a move to Kano Pillars from Abia warriors when the League commences. Hey! but if the guy venture scores again in his next match, even if it is jst one goal, na "Europe tins" be that.

@ Forgiveness, the guy is good enough to be invited for the U23. Apart from his goal scoring prowess he already has the physique and stamina to compete with the U23s better than some of the 18yrs old we have in mind(partly what affected Awoniyi and Osimhen at CAF U23). He, Chikatara, would be 22 during the Olympics. And I have always maintained that fielding too many under-aged players in age competitions has it's negative tolls on a team. An ideal U23 Team should have at least 80% of the team being 21 to 23. Exceptionally talented 19 and 20 years olds may also be selected. Let the 18yrs olds feature for the U20s.

We always learnt from History; so I like going back memory lane .Take a look at the ages of the all conquering 1996 Olympics team as at when the Olympics was being played:

1 GK Emmanuel Babayaro (aged 19)

2 DF Celestine Babayaro (aged 18)

3 DF Taribo West (aged 22)

4 FW Nwankwo Kanu 1976 (aged 20)

5 DF Uche Okechukwu (aged 28) -over-aged player

6 MF Emmanuel Amuneke (aged 25) -over-aged player

7 MF Tijani Babangida (aged 22)

8 MF Wilson Oruma (aged 20)

9 MF Teslim Fatusi (aged 18)

10 MF Jay-Jay Okocha (aged 23)

11 FW Victor Ikpeba (aged 23)

12 DF Abiodun Obafemi (aged 22)

13 FW Garba Lawal (aged 22)

14 FW Daniel Amokachi (aged 23) Was to turn 24 later that yr, so overaged.

15 MF Sunday Oliseh (aged 21)

16 DF Kingsley Obiekwu (aged 21)

17 DF Mobi Oparaku (aged 19)

18 GK Dosu Joseph (aged 19)

The 19 and 20 yrs olds in that team (including 18yrs old Babayaro) u would observe were mostly the 1993 U17 graduates who u and I know were doing exceptionally well in Europe at that time. And those players can be likened to the likes of Awoniyi, Iheanacho and Success of the 2013 Eaglets. The 1993 U20 produced a lot of the 22 and 23 years olds (even though that team crashed out at the grp stage of the AYC).J-J Okocha, Taribo West, Tijani Babangida, Abiodun Obafemi and a host of others were members of that U20 Team

In my opinion Siasia should invite a lot more of the 2013 Flying Eagles to the current Olympic team. Not jst bc they would be mostly 22 and 23 yrs old during the Olympics bt also that team paraded a good number of talented players most of whom have been playing professional football in Europe and some featuring in UEFA Competitions already. These guys have gathered tremendous experience to compete at this level. See some of them:

Wilfred Ndidi
Kingsley Madu
Abdulahi Shehu
Johnbosco Amaefule
Aminu Umar
Michael Olaitan
Olanrewaju Kayode
Christian Pyagbara
Chidi Osuchukwu
Edafe Egbedi
Abdul Ajagun
Emem Eduok
Uche Agbo
Moses Simon

From this crop, only Johnbosco Amaefule and Aminu Umar have featured for the Olympic team thus far. Wilfred Ndidi, Kingsley Madu, Abdulahi Shehu, and Moses Simon have already featured for the Super Eagles of which 3 or all 4 can easily get a starting place in the Olympics team. Michael Olaitan and Abdul Ajagun are also fantastic players that are worthy of Olympics invites. Uche Agbo plays for Granada along with Isaac Success.

Olympics football is jst next to senior team football. Our team should comprise of players that have jst broken into the Super Eagles our are jst abt to beak in. That was what helped us in 1996.

Siasia is such a lucky coach with the abundance of talented players Nigeria currently has both in Europe and in the NPFL. He has no excuse not to get at least to the semis of the Olympics games.

Spot-on Sir. A good number of peeps here don't appreciate that crop of 2013 U210 hu should ideally form d nucleus of the 2016 U23 bc they only seriously started following our youths football after the exploits of Iheanacho and co.
The 2005 U20 formed the nucleus of the 2008 U23 jst as u rightly pointed that the 1993 U20 formed the nucleus of the 1996 U23. That is the progression we have been talking abt and have been wanting to see.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
Petrobros:

Spot-on Sir. A good number of peeps here don't appreciate that crop of 2013 U210 hu should ideally form d nucleus of the 2016 U23 bc they only seriously started following our youths football after the exploits of Iheanacho and co.
The 2005 U20 formed the nucleus of the 2008 U23 jst as u rightly pointed that the 1993 U20 formed the nucleus of the 1996 U23. That is the progression we have been talking abt and have been wanting to see.

Thanks. In fact that crop of Flying Eagles were the second stream of the John Obu boys that all started in 2009 at U17. Ramon Azeez, Kenneth Omeruo and Ogenyi Onazi were members of that crop. Two years later Ahmend Musa and Uche Nwofor joined them at U20 in 2011. The 2013 crop were those that were still eligible to play at U20 jst like how Awoniyi, Mathew, Yahaya and co will join forces with the 2015 U17 to form the next U20. And jst also like Ndidi and Simon repeated U20 in 2015.

The 2013 Flying Eagles were quite talented and most of them are doing creditably well in Europe. And I think Siasia should extend his invitation a good number of them.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
Icon4s:

Thanks. In fact that crop of Flying Eagles were the second stream of the John Obu boys that all started in 2009 at U17. Ramon Azeez, Kenneth Omeruo and Ogenyi Onazi were members of that crop. Two years later Ahmend Musa and Uche Nwofor joined them at U20 in 2011. The 2013 crop were those that were still eligible to play at U20 jst like how Awoniyi, Mathew, Yahaya and co will join forces with the 2015 U17 to form the next U20. And jst also like Ndidi and Simon repeated U20 in 2015.

The 2013 Flying Eagles were quite talented and most of them are doing creditably well in Europe. And I think Siasia should extend his invitation a good number of them.

I still opt for Coach Siasia doing it the way Coach Westerhof used to invite players to camp. Sometimes, up to 300 players and screen out the best in each position.

Let us not rely on just a set but get the best crop of our U23 players in each position. I feel that is the best system for Nigeria.

Siasia participated in some of these screening processes and knows the methodology Westerhof applied.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I still opt for Coach Siasia doing it the way Coach Westerhof used to invite players to camp. Sometimes, up to 300 players and screen out the best in each position.

Let us not rely on just a set but get the best crop of our U23 players in each position. I feel that is the best system for Nigeria.

Siasia participated in some of these screening processes and knows the methodology Westerhof applied.

Yeah I agree with you. But what i am pointing out is he is yet to invite a good number of those boys.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Even if he invites 1000 plays, i can tell u that d likes of Ndidi, Madu, Moses, Ajagun,Olaitan, Umar & Abdulahi are good enough to make d final 18. Well, I believe he is likely to imvite most of d above mentioned players.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
Icon4s:

Even if he invites 1000 plays, i can tell u that d likes of Ndidi, Madu, Moses, Ajagun,Olaitan, Umar & Abdulahi are good enough to make d final 18. Well, I believe he is likely to imvite most of d above mentioned players.

Definitely. After we won Tunisia '94 AFCON. I remember reading of Coach Westerhof inviting a lot of players to camp for the USA' 94 World Cup, despite having An AFCON winning squad.

After he finished his camp process, most of the players from the AFCON team scaled through.

The players you mentioned will most likely scale through but there might be gems we will leave behind if we do not fish out the best in each role.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:55am On Jan 22, 2016
Done deal: Spurs youngster completes loan move to Portugal

Published
21/01/2016 18:22
Remember this guy? Apparently he's gone to Portugal but he's expected to back in the summer
Most of you should already know about Musa Yahaya, the 18-year-old Nigerian dubbed "the new Andres Iniesta" who joined Spurs in summer 2014, but has barely been seen nor heard from since.

The last I heard of Yahaya was way back in August 2014, when the youngster's agent revealed he was training at Spurs and learning English.

"Tottenham Hotspur have hired an English teacher for Musa Yahaya. The lady speaks Hausa and English, so it's easy for Musa to understand what is being taught," Babawo Mohammed told Nigerian website SL10.ng at the time.

"She comes three times a week to tutor him. Before now, he spoke only Hausa and little Nigerian pidgin English, but he has improved now.

"During training, he wasn't really understanding what they were telling him to do. On the pitch, they are highly impressed with his performance. He is staying in their club house and they take care of his meals. A vehicle picks him from the club house and takes him to training every day."

Since then, there's been next to no word about the player whose performances in youth football earned comparisons with Barcelona's pass-master.

Until now, that is...

Yahaya has joined Portimonense on loan from Tottenham, the Portuguese second division side have confirmed. He could be available for Portimonense's Segunda Liga game against Academico Viseu on Saturday.

Portimonense doesn't say if Yahaya has even signed from Spurs but a couple of websites believe he is still a Tottenham player and will return to Hotspur Way in the summer.

http://mobile.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/812554320?-21310:8643:t
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:03am On Jan 22, 2016
Sheyi Ojo Becomes Youngest Goalscorer For Liverpool In FA Cup
Published: January 21, 2016

England youth - teamer Sheyi Ojo netted his first-ever professional goal in Liverpool colours in a competitive fixture in their 3 - 0 thrashing of Exeter City in the FA Cup third - round replay.

The winger was recalled from his loan spell at Wolves earlier this month following a string of injuries picked up by key players in the Liverpool squad and his lack of first - team opportunities at the Molineux Stadium.

Aged 18 years and 215 days, Sheyi Ojo entered Liverpool folklore when he hit target in the 74th minute against the League Two opponents, thus becoming the youngest ever goalscorer in the competition for the Reds.

There was a lot of Nigerian interest in the game played at Anfield, with manager Jurgen Klopp naming Tiago Ilori and Jordon Ibe in his starting lineup while Ojo hopped off the bench in the 65th minute.

Liverpool’s reward for beating Exeter City is a fourth - round meeting with Victor Moses’s West Ham United on January 30.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17631
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2016
Official : Olympiakos Send Michael Olaitan On Loan To KV Kortrijk
Published: January 21, 2016

Official : Olympiakos Send Michael Olaitan On Loan To KV Kortrijk
Belgian Pro League club KV Kortrijk have finally announced the capture of the signature of former Flying Eagles dazzler Michael Olaitan until the end of the season from Greek champions Olympiakos.

The attacker was on loan at Dutch club FC Twente at the beginning of this season but lost his place in the starting lineup in November and has decided to join a new club where he can play more regularly.

A product of Mighty Jets, Olaitan began his career in Europe with Veria and assisted the Queen of the North gain promotion to the Super League during the 2011 - 2012 campaign.

The 23 - year - old spent time on loan at Ergotelis last year, scoring 1 goal in 12 games after a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

He has already started training with his new teammates and could make his debut on Friday against KV Oostende in the league.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17639
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2016
forgiveness:
Done deal: Spurs youngster completes loan move to Portugal

Published
21/01/2016 18:22
Remember this guy? Apparently he's gone to Portugal but he's expected to back in the summer
Most of you should already know about Musa Yahaya, the 18-year-old Nigerian dubbed "the new Andres Iniesta" who joined Spurs in summer 2014, but has barely been seen nor heard from since.

The last I heard of Yahaya was way back in August 2014, when the youngster's agent revealed he was training at Spurs and learning English.

"Tottenham Hotspur have hired an English teacher for Musa Yahaya. The lady speaks Hausa and English, so it's easy for Musa to understand what is being taught," Babawo Mohammed told Nigerian website SL10.ng at the time.

"She comes three times a week to tutor him. Before now, he spoke only Hausa and little Nigerian pidgin English, but he has improved now.

"During training, he wasn't really understanding what they were telling him to do. On the pitch, they are highly impressed with his performance. He is staying in their club house and they take care of his meals. A vehicle picks him from the club house and takes him to training every day."

Since then, there's been next to no word about the player whose performances in youth football earned comparisons with Barcelona's pass-master.

Until now, that is...

Yahaya has joined Portimonense on loan from Tottenham, the Portuguese second division side have confirmed. He could be available for Portimonense's Segunda Liga game against Academico Viseu on Saturday.

Portimonense doesn't say if Yahaya has even signed from Spurs but a couple of websites believe he is still a Tottenham player and will return to Hotspur Way in the summer.

http://mobile.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/812554320?-21310:8643:t

Good news.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Definitely. After we won Tunisia '94 AFCON. I remember reading of Coach Westerhof inviting a lot of players to camp for the USA' 94 World Cup, despite having An AFCON winning squad.

After he finished his camp process, most of the players from the AFCON team scaled through.

The players you mentioned will most likely scale through but there might be gems we will leave behind if we do not fish out the best in each role.

Yeah true. But the thing is he has never invited most of those players. I am not saying he should not invite other players.
As I have repeatedly pointed out, Olympic football is next to the Senior World Cup. The U17 & U20 is mostly where we unearth the "hidden" gems. You cannot be searching for hidden gems and ignore the already identified ones. U took a look at the Dream Team I and u saw mostly already known/established players then.

Well, I will want to believe Siasia may have left out those players bc he was not sure of their availability for the Olympic qualifiers. But now that we have qualified we need to see those more established players in the Team.
We cannot have the best in each role if he does not invite the best.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:22am On Jan 22, 2016
Thanks Moderators for unbarring me and restoring my post.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Icon4s:

Yeah true. But the thing is he has never invited most of those players. I am not saying he should not invite other players.
As I have repeatedly pointed out, Olympic football is next to the Senior World Cup. The U17 & U20 is mostly where we unearth the "hidden" gems. You cannot be searching for hidden gems and ignore the already identified ones. U took a look at the Dream Team I and u saw mostly already known/established players then.

Well, I will want to believe Siasia may have left out those players bc he was not sure of their availability for the Olympic qualifiers. But now that we have qualified we need to see those more established players in the Team.
We cannot have the best in each role if he does not invite the best.

I still maintain of having them all in camp. I do not know how we prepared for the Atlanta Olympics. But, Westerhof was handling the Super Eagles and maintained a full camping process.

I say we camp as much as we can briefly and pick the best. Those that will not make it will benefit from the experience.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I still maintain of having them all in camp. I do not know how we prepared for the Atlanta Olympics. But, Westerhof was handling the Super Eagles and maintained a full camping process.

I say we camp as much as we can briefly and pick the best. Those that will not make it will benefit from the experience.

We are saying same thing bro. We need them all in camp.

Bonfere Jo handled the Olympics team. It is typical of national Team coaches to maintain a "full camping process". But how full is actually full?
I can tell you that even if Siasia invites 200 players some notable names would still be left out. Everybody cannot be invited. However, there are some players that we know stand tall above others who if I give you a pool of 100 players u can easily select them as among a staring 11. Those are the kind of players I am speaking for. Baring any injuries u cannot tell me that players like Kenneth Omeruo, Wilfred Ndidi, Simon Moses, Kingsley Madu, Mike Olaitan and Abdul Ajagun are not good enough to make the 18 man list. They are all members of the 2013 Flying Eagles. Omeruo missed out bc he was with the Super Eagles at the Confederations Cup. They are matured players now and set for senior team action and the Olympic games would be a good hunting ground for them.Yet Siasia has never invited them. These are specifically the players I am talking abt. U cannot leave them out and still maintain u want to have a full camp to select the best cos they are among the bests at this U23 level.

And as I said earlier, I hope they get invited by Siasia along-side many others for the "full camping". That is jst my point. I am not against a full camping process.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
Icon4s:
I agree to some extent with Lexyman, particularly on Chikatara being injury prone. He shone like a million stars at the commencement up to the middle of 2013/2014 NPFL season. Injury hit him and he never recovered that form until his heroics against Niger. When fully in form Chisom Chikatara can wreck havoc against any defense. He is a kind of player that scores impossible goals even from the tightest of angles and slimmest of chances. I follow the NPFL wella so I know him very well. He is supposed to make a move to Kano Pillars from Abia warriors when the League commences. Hey! but if the guy venture scores again in his next match, even if it is jst one goal, na "Europe tins" be that.

@ Forgiveness, the guy is good enough to be invited for the U23. Apart from his goal scoring prowess he already has the physique and stamina to compete with the U23s better than some of the 18yrs old we have in mind(partly what affected Awoniyi and Osimhen at CAF U23). He, Chikatara, would be 22 during the Olympics. And I have always maintained that fielding too many under-aged players in age competitions has it's negative tolls on a team. An ideal U23 Team should have at least 80% of the team being 21 to 23. Exceptionally talented 19 and 20 years olds may also be selected. Let the 18yrs olds feature for the U20s.

We always learnt from History; so I like going back memory lane .Take a look at the ages of the all conquering 1996 Olympics team as at when the Olympics was being played:

1 GK Emmanuel Babayaro (aged 19)

2 DF Celestine Babayaro (aged 18)

3 DF Taribo West (aged 22)

4 FW Nwankwo Kanu 1976 (aged 20)

5 DF Uche Okechukwu (aged 28) -over-aged player

6 MF Emmanuel Amuneke (aged 25) -over-aged player

7 MF Tijani Babangida (aged 22)

8 MF Wilson Oruma (aged 20)

9 MF Teslim Fatusi (aged 18)

10 MF Jay-Jay Okocha (aged 23)

11 FW Victor Ikpeba (aged 23)

12 DF Abiodun Obafemi (aged 22)

13 FW Garba Lawal (aged 22)

14 FW Daniel Amokachi (aged 23) Was to turn 24 later that yr, so overaged.

15 MF Sunday Oliseh (aged 21)

16 DF Kingsley Obiekwu (aged 21)

17 DF Mobi Oparaku (aged 19)

18 GK Dosu Joseph (aged 19)

The 19 and 20 yrs olds in that team (including 18yrs old Babayaro) u would observe were mostly the 1993 U17 graduates who u and I know were doing exceptionally well in Europe at that time. And those players can be likened to the likes of Awoniyi, Iheanacho and Success of the 2013 Eaglets. The 1993 U20 produced a lot of the 22 and 23 years olds (even though that team crashed out at the grp stage of the AYC).J-J Okocha, Taribo West, Tijani Babangida, Abiodun Obafemi and a host of others were members of that U20 Team

In my opinion Siasia should invite a lot more of the 2013 Flying Eagles to the current Olympic team. Not jst bc they would be mostly 22 and 23 yrs old during the Olympics bt also that team paraded a good number of talented players most of whom have been playing professional football in Europe and some featuring in UEFA Competitions already. These guys have gathered tremendous experience to compete at this level. See some of them:

Wilfred Ndidi
Kingsley Madu
Abdulahi Shehu
Johnbosco Amaefule
Aminu Umar
Michael Olaitan
Olanrewaju Kayode
Christian Pyagbara
Chidi Osuchukwu
Edafe Egbedi
Abdul Ajagun
Emem Eduok
Uche Agbo
Moses Simon

From this crop, only Johnbosco Amaefule and Aminu Umar have featured for the Olympic team thus far. Wilfred Ndidi, Kingsley Madu, Abdulahi Shehu, and Moses Simon have already featured for the Super Eagles of which 3 or all 4 can easily get a starting place in the Olympics team. Michael Olaitan and Abdul Ajagun are also fantastic players that are worthy of Olympics invites. Uche Agbo plays for Granada along with Isaac Success.

Olympics football is jst next to senior team football. Our team should comprise of players that have jst broken into the Super Eagles our are jst abt to beak in. That was what helped us in 1996.

Siasia is such a lucky coach with the abundance of talented players Nigeria currently has both in Europe and in the NPFL. He has no excuse not to get at least to the semis of the Olympics games.

Ok i see. How many goals did he score this season? Although, i was impressed with his first goal but i wasn't impressed with those two goals he missed. A one on one with the keeper and a tap in. However, i think if he scores another goal today then he is good for selection for the Olympics football game and probably he is going to Europe straight.

@ bolded. I agree that most of those players should be considered because they have been playing professional football in Europe and some in the UEFA competition. That was the point i made earlier when i wrote on each players in the 1996 Atlanta Olympic team. I emphasised that since the 1996 set played regularly for top clubs and were champions before they were selected for the Olympics, the same criteria should be used for selection. However, i do not agree that the players under 18 should not be given the chance to prove themselves. If they are doing well in a top club before selection, they should be considered. So, i think Siasia should still open the door for more good players to prove themselves in the camp.
Moreover, most of the players on my list will be between 19 and 23 before the Olympics football game commence.

1, Isaac Success (aged 20)

2, Moses Simon (aged 21)

3, Ezekiel Imoh (aged 22)

4, Michael Olaitan (aged 23)

5, Kelechi Iheanacho (aged 19)

6, Dominic Solanke (aged 18)

7, Umar Sadiq (aged 18)

10, Abdullahi-shehu (aged 23)

11, Wilfred Ndidi (aged 19)

12, Kingsley Madu (aged 20)

13, Kenneth Omerue (aged 22)

14, Moses Odubanjo (aged 23)

15, Abdul Ajagun (aged 23)

16, Ogehnekaro Etebor (aged 20)

17, Azubuike Okechukwu (aged 19)

18, Ogenyi-onazi (aged 23)

19, Leon-balogun (aged 28)

20, Chuck Aneke (aged 23)

21, Daniel

22, Dele Alampasu (aged 19)

Notwithstanding, your advice should be considered.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
Icon4s:

Good news.

I hope so.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
forgiveness:

I hope so.

I know Chikatara scored a couple of goals this season bt i cant tell how many. U know d NPFL dnt have good statistical records.

However, @ age 17, Chikatara emerged d highest goals scorer in the 2012/2013 season in d lower league helping Abia warriors gain promotion to d NPFL.
He also emerged best young player in d NPFL for d 2013/2014 season. After returning from a spell of injuries, he struggled to regain his form for much of d 2014/2015 season.

Sadiq Umar and Dom Solanke would b 19 by d Olympics and IMHO may b ripe for d games if dey impress d coaches. D 18yrs olds I am talking abt are those dat were U17 last yr. Bt an exceptionally talented 18yrs old may also break in.
My pt is 70-80% of d players are expected to b 21-23yrs olds.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
Icon4s:

I know Chikatara scored a couple of goals this season bt i cant tell how many. U know d NPFL dnt have good statistical records.

However, @ age 17, Chikatara emerged d highest goals scorer in the 2012/2013 season in d lower league helping Abia warriors gain promotion to d NPFL.
He also emerged best young player in d NPFL for d 2013/2014 season. After returning from a spell of injuries, he struggled to regain his form for much of d 2014/2015 season.

Sadiq Umar and Dom Solanke would b 19 by d Olympics and IMHO may b ripe for d games if dey impress d coaches. D 18yrs olds I am talking abt are those dat were U17 last yr. Bt an exceptionally talented 18yrs old may also break in.
My pt is 70-80% of d players are expected to b 21-23yrs olds.

I see. He is even included in NPFL best eleven of the season as a midfielder. I think he is good. I saw him today.

I think i now understand your point but nobody is expecting the 2015 U17 set to make the Olympics squad. It is impossible.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
forgiveness:

I see. He is even included in NPFL best eleven of the season 2015 as a midfielder. I think he is good. I saw him today.

I think i now understand and i think its a very idea.

Tunisia with all their Esparance, Etoile Du Sahel, and Cfaxien could nt beat our boys from Enyimba, Abia Warriors, Sunshine Stars, Warri wolves and co. It shows our league has some quality jst dat organisation remuneration and motivation have been poor.

I am nt surprised if Chikatara made d NPFL 11 for d Season. Thank God for competitions like d CHAN.

In my Opinion, Nigeria should nt field any player above 23 @ d CHAN since this is abt unearthing 'over-shadowed talents'.

The CHAN has jst un-earthed the Kola-nut boy, Chisom Chikatara.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Icon4s:

Tunisia with all their Esparance, Etoile Du Sahel, and Cfaxien could nt beat our boys from Enyimba, Abia Warriors, Sunshine Stars, Warri wolves and co. It shows our league has some quality jst dat organisation remuneration and motivation have been poor.

I am nt surprised if Chikatara made d NPFL 11 for d Season. Thank God for competitions like d CHAN.

In my Opinion, Nigeria should nt field any player above 23 @ d CHAN since this is abt unearthing 'over-shadowed talents'.

The CHAN has jst un-earthed the Kola-nut boy, Chisom Chikatara.

Are you underrating our clubs? I think 11 men played against 11 men, no big deal. And i expected them to do better. After all, Oliseh is the coach and there will be no room for excuses if he doesn't win this competition. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
Kayode Scores; Akpala, Olaitan In Action; Saviour Benched

Former Nigeria youth international, Olanrewaju Kayode, was on target for Austria Wien in their 2-1 win against Sandhausen in a club friendly game on Friday, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Kayode opened scoring for Austria Wien in the 46th minute of the encounter.
Ranisav Jovanovic drew Sandhausen level in the 76th minute.
And with four minutes remaining in the match, Alexander Gorgon netted the winning goal for Austria Wien.
In the Belgian league, Nigerian duo of Joseph Akpala and Michael Olaitan, were in action for Oostende and Kortrijk respectively.
Kortrijk won the game 2-1, thanks to goals from Athanassios Papazoglou and Elohim Rolland. Oostende's goal was scored by Fernando Matos.
While Akpala came off for Knowledge Musona on 65 minutes, after being yellow-carded on 49 minutes, Olaitan, was also substituted in the 74th minute for Rolland. He also issued a yellow card on 52nd minutes.
Meanwhile, former Flying Eagles star, Saviour Godwin, was an unused substitute for Oostende.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/kayode-scores-akpala-olaitan-in-action-saviour-benched/

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
forgiveness:

Are you underrating our clubs? I think 11 men played against 11 men, no big deal. And i expected them to do better. After all, Oliseh is the coach and there will be no room for excuses if he doesn't win this competition. grin

The Tunisian league is ahead of the Nigerian league.Oliseh is d coach so? The Tunisians no get coach?

See, I cannot put my money on even our main Super Eagles beating that Tunisian team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
forgiveness:
Kayode Scores; Akpala, Olaitan In Action; Saviour Benched

Former Nigeria youth international, Olanrewaju Kayode, was on target for Austria Wien in their 2-1 win against Sandhausen in a club friendly game on Friday, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Kayode opened scoring for Austria Wien in the 46th minute of the encounter.
Ranisav Jovanovic drew Sandhausen level in the 76th minute.
And with four minutes remaining in the match, Alexander Gorgon netted the winning goal for Austria Wien.
In the Belgian league, Nigerian duo of Joseph Akpala and Michael Olaitan, were in action for Oostende and Kortrijk respectively.
Kortrijk won the game 2-1, thanks to goals from Athanassios Papazoglou and Elohim Rolland. Oostende's goal was scored by Fernando Matos.
While Akpala came off for Knowledge Musona on 65 minutes, after being yellow-carded on 49 minutes, Olaitan, was also substituted in the 74th minute for Rolland. He also issued a yellow card on 52nd minutes.
Meanwhile, former Flying Eagles star, Saviour Godwin, was an unused substitute for Oostende.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/kayode-scores-akpala-olaitan-in-action-saviour-benched/

I think this is d second time Koyede would b scoring within d last 2 wks. Good to know he is representing. Good for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Icon4s:

The Tunisian league is ahead of the Nigerian league.Oliseh is d coach so? The Tunisians no get coach?

See, I cannot put my money on even our main Super Eagles beating that Tunisian team.

grin grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
Official : Portland Timbers Announce Signing Of Akinjide Idowu
Published: January 23, 2016

Major League Soccer club Portland Timbers have announced the signing of Nigeria youth international Akinjide Idowu, subject to the receipt of his International Transfer Certificate.

The financial terms and duration of contract have not been disclosed per league and club policy.

Aged 19, the defensive midfielder had been linked with possible moves to a host of clubs in Europe, including Celtic, Udinese, Sogndal and Sparta Prague, before pitching tent at Providence Park.

Akinjide Idowu was an important member of the Golden Eaglets squad that won the Fifa Under 17s in 2013 and represented the Flying Eagles at the World Cup two years later.

For a start, he will represent Portland Timbers 2 in the third - tier of American football.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17652

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lets see if Nacho can create magic 75th minute sub.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
forgiveness:

Major League Soccer club Portland Timbers have announced the signing of Nigeria youth international Akinjide Idowu, subject to the receipt of his International Transfer Certificate.

The financial terms and duration of contract have not been disclosed per league and club policy.

Aged 19, the defensive midfielder had been linked with possible moves to a host of clubs in Europe, including Celtic, Udinese, Sogndal and Sparta Prague, before pitching tent at Providence Park.

Akinjide Idowu was an important member of the Golden Eaglets squad that won the Fifa Under 17s in 2013 and represented the Flying Eagles at the World Cup two years later.

For a start, he will represent Portland Timbers 2 in the third - tier of American football.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17652

Well the mls is a strong league that he can develope in. It's a good option for our young players some should also think about playing college soccer there at least they'll get a free education.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
Exclusive : Flying Eagles Star Chidera Ezeh Delighted To Sign Four And A Half Year Deal With Porto

Exclusive : Flying Eagles Star Chidera Ezeh Delighted To Sign Four And A Half Year Deal With Porto
Nigeria Under 20 international Chidera Ezeh has completed his move to Porto after appending his signature to a four-and-a-half-year deal with the Primeira Liga powerhouse in the January transfer window.

The attacker had to wait for about two years before penning a professional contract with the 27-time Portuguese champions, as he was yet to attain the age of majority when the club expressed interest in his signature after the 2013 Fifa U17 World Cup.

“Porto showed me love, they waited for me for two years after clinching the Under-17 World Cup. It shows they believed in me so much,” Chidera Ezeh told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I will repay them by working hard every blessed day. I could not meet up with the start of pre-season training because it took four months before I was issued a visa.

“When I finally arrived in Portugal, I was told to start with the Under - 19s since I am still in the age bracket.

“I will move on to the second team when they see I am ready and I play much games, but surely next season I’ll fight for a place in the first team.”

The Nigeria Football Federation has already sent Chidera Ezeh’s International Transfer Certificate to Portugal, meaning his transfer to Porto is cast in stone.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17657

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Well the mls is a strong league that he can develope in. It's a good option for our young players some should also think about playing college soccer there at least they'll get a free education.

If he performs well there, he might get invitation for the Olympics football game.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
forgiveness:

Nigeria Under 20 international Chidera Ezeh has completed his move to Porto after appending his signature to a four-and-a-half-year deal with the Primeira Liga powerhouse in the January transfer window.

The attacker had to wait for about two years before penning a professional contract with the 27-time Portuguese champions, as he was yet to attain the age of majority when the club expressed interest in his signature after the 2013 Fifa U17 World Cup.

“Porto showed me love, they waited for me for two years after clinching the Under-17 World Cup. It shows they believed in me so much,” Chidera Ezeh told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I will repay them by working hard every blessed day. I could not meet up with the start of pre-season training because it took four months before I was issued a visa.

“When I finally arrived in Portugal, I was told to start with the Under - 19s since I am still in the age bracket.

“I will move on to the second team when they see I am ready and I play much games, but surely next season I’ll fight for a place in the first team.”

The Nigeria Football Federation has already sent Chidera Ezeh’s International Transfer Certificate to Portugal, meaning his transfer to Porto is cast in stone.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17657

A good one. Go and excel at FC Porto.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
forgiveness:

If he performs well there, he might get invitation for the Olympics football game.

My only worry is that portland are the defending champions so it might be a little hard to break in the first team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.