Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700005 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thankfully he did. #smiles Kid is becoming more influential than usual in games lately.

BascoVanVeli:
Lets see if Nacho can create magic 75th minute sub.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
News have it that Idowu will feature firstly for Portland Timbers' second team in the ULS Not MLS.

The team is called Portland Timbers 2.

Hopefully he works his way up from there into the main squad that has Fanendo Adi.

BascoVanVeli:

My only worry is that portland are the defending champions so it might be a little hard to break in the first team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
I am pleased for Akinjide Idowu. I thought he was one of best players in the under 20. Hopefully, he makes it to the full team soon and i can go watch him play.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Thankfully he did. #smiles Kid is becoming more influential than usual in games lately.

If he keeps this up he could give Dele Alli a little competition for the young player award.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
Wow!!! As in live? That'll be so cool Sir.
#smiles

tbaba1234:
I am pleased for Akinjide Idowu. I thought he was one of best players in the under 20. Hopefully, he makes it to the full team soon and i can go watch him play.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
Yeah... Nacho could. But mehn!!! Won't be easy seeing pass Alli for this season.... Alli is also on fire!! And he's getting more game time and making the most of that gametime too....

Dele Alli is a super contender to start in midfield for the English Three Lions at Euro 2016.

Nacho should just keep doing his bits even in the face of less gametime compared to fellow top youngsters..... Nacho's training with the best in the league.

He could be in contention for such award at the end of the EPL but Dele Alli is already a Solid favorite for that award. And don't forget the much talked about John Stones of Everton FC. Martial has been quiet.... That's odd considering that he started like a "whirlwind" #smiles

Anyway, Nacho's rapidly coming into the "Zone" of super performance in the Big leagues.

Next season under Pep Guardiola (most likely) @Man City will see Nacho flourish much more than we're seeing this season..... I strongly think so. Or rather, I know so.... #smiles

Happy sunday, Sir BVV....

BascoVanVeli:

If he keeps this up he could give Dele Alli a little competition for the young player award.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah... Nacho could. But mehn!!! Won't be easy seeing pass Alli for this season.... Alli is also on fire!! And he's getting more game time and making the most of that gametime too....

Dele Alli is a super contender to start in midfield for the English Three Lions at Euro 2016.

Nacho should just keep doing his bits even in the face of less gametime compared to fellow top youngsters..... Nacho's training with the best in the league.

He could be in contention for such award at the end of the EPL but Dele Alli is already a Solid favorite for that award. And don't forget the much talked about John Stones of Everton FC. Martial has been quiet.... That's odd considering that he started like a "whirlwind" #smiles

Anyway, Nacho's rapidly coming into the "Zone" of super performance in the Big leagues.

Next season under Pep Guardiola (most likely) @Man City will see Nacho flourish much more than we're seeing this season..... I strongly think so. Or rather, I know so.... #smiles

Happy sunday, Sir BVV....

Yes o! Happy happy sunday!

This could be interesting Dele Alli ticks all the boxes but Nacho will get more opportunities to have big moments seeing as his team is still active on all fronts. If they happen to win at least 2 trophies and he plays a part in both then it gets a little more complicated.

I don't expect him to be on the bench much longer he seems to be giving the manager exactly what he wants.

The prayer is that Pep should want him and if he does Nigerian football will never be the same again. I actually saw Douglas Costa play a couple times last year and that is not the same monster playing for bayern.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Wow!!! As in live? That'll be so cool Sir.
#smiles

Yes live... When they come to play around my Area...

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
@first bolded..... Yep, it surely would be complicated.

@Second bolded..... I agree. Exactly why I know Pep would love this "Nacho" kid.

@Third bolded....... Ahahahaha.... You bet!!! Pep-induced + pellegrini-already induced "Matured" monster Nacho + "Matured" monster super talents in Isaac Success, Chidera Ezeh, Wilfred Ndidi, Victor Osimhen, Sadiq Umar, Kelechi Nwakali, Musa Yahaya, Simon Moses, Dele Alampasu, And the rest of them.... Indeed, Nigerian football must see the rise of another "super" Golden generation as seen in the first being the era of the 90's between 1990-2000.

@last bolded..... Hehehe.... It's all because of the "Pep" talk and "Guardiola effect"..... Ahahahaha.... But Douglas Costa did some real hardwork too shaa.

BascoVanVeli:

Yes o! Happy happy sunday!

This could be interesting Dele Alli ticks all the boxes but Nacho will get more opportunities to have big moments seeing as his team is still active on all fronts. If they happen to win at least 2 trophies and he plays a part in both then it gets a little more complicated

I don't expect him to be on the bench much longer he seems to be giving the manager exactly what he wants

The prayer is that Pep should want him and if he does Nigerian football will never be the same again[b]. I actually saw Douglas Costa play a couple times last year and [b]that is not the same monster playing for bayern

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:09am On Jan 25, 2016
Wow!!! This is just beautiful.... Well, whenever I'm in baltimore for my on-campus R. Studies. I Don't think I'll have such privilege. #smiles

Will be banking on your occasional "live" updates on Idowu then Sir. **when the time comes** This is great.... #smiles

tbaba1234:

Yes live... When they come to play around my Area...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:11pm On Jan 25, 2016
A certain Shaun Goater just commended Iheanacho.... y'all can ask your in-house encyclopedia Baba Icon4s who he is if you don't know. ...or use Google.

Anyway, he commended Iheanacho on his game on Saturday....it's kind of a big deal to City fans...the boy is amassing a cult-like following there.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
safarigirl:
A certain Shaun Goater just commended Iheanacho.... y'all can ask your in-house encyclopedia Baba Icon4s who he is if you don't know. ...or use Google.

Anyway, he commended Iheanacho on his game on Saturday....it's kind of a big deal to City fans...the boy is amassing a cult-like following there.

As soon as Nacho came in, we looked sharper and we were more fluid with the ball. I think Pellegrini's 4-4-2 system failed last season because of the amount of players in the club that fitted the system. Also, the injuries last season were a lot.

This season, with Nacho, we look better and it gives Aguero more room to express himself. I see Pellegrini switching back to the system and making Nacho play more regularly.

It will help Aguero get back his form and make us better.

As for Nacho, I see he is building more strength and reducing his skills. This, I do not like. Nacho should work on bringing more of his skillful side, Just as Payet did for West Ham.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
safarigirl:

City fans have a thread dedicated to questioning why Pellegrini does not start Kelechi in games on their forum. He is a big deal to them right now.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]Manchester City's Kelechi Iheanacho should not get disillusioned by lack of chances[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho has a big future with Manchester City and should not get disillusioned by his lack of chances in the team.

Manager Manuel Pellegrini believes that the teenage sensation would be in a “very wrong way of thinking” if he was to start getting frustrated after making one Premier League and two cup starts this season.

Kelechi again showed his burgeoning talent by going on as a substitute and helping the Blues snatch a 2-2 draw at West Ham – where his link-up with Sergio Aguero was one of the highlights of the day for City.

In fact, Aguero and the youngster seem so much in tune that you start to wonder whether the Blues have finally found a striker who fits perfectly with Kun.

Aguero usually looks more deadly as a lone striker, with nobody cluttering his space.

His partnerships have all failed to last – Carlos Tevez was too similar in some ways, Edin Dzeko was also a lone beast, Stevan Jovetic could not get off the physio's slab enough and Wilfried Bony has also been injured or ill for long spells.

But Iheanacho thrives in the space that is left by defences anxious about Aguero, and he continually picks his senior partner's run.

The danger is that Kelechi – who must know he is doing well but still finds himself back on the bench – gets fed up and starts asking for a move.

Pellegrini gives Iheanacho instructions at the derbyPellegrini gives Iheanacho instructions at the derby
Asked by MEN Sport whether there is a danger of Kelechi becoming tired of not getting a run in the side, the Chilean replied:

“Every time young players have the chance it's important they take that chance and show why the manager has done it.

“Every time he has played this season he has done very well, so of course he will have more chances, and we will continue to depend on his performance.

“He would be in a very wrong way of thinking if he was to get disillusioned.

“He should not be disillusioned, because he is just 19 years old, he is involved in a lot of games and is doing good things.

Kelechi has scored five goals despite only making three startsKelechi has scored five goals despite only making three starts
“He must continue working very hard because he has top players in front of him.”

That is the crux of the problem – to include Kelechi, the manager either has to drop one of his attacking stars or weaken his midfield.

David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne have both been flat lately, but are both significant players for the Blues, while Jesus Navas has been one of their better attacking options lately.

At least Kelechi has been getting more playing time recently – as well as his start – and goal – at Norwich in the FA Cup, he was given 33 minutes against Palace last week and a lively 14 minutes at West Ham.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Manchester City's Kelechi Iheanacho should not get disillusioned by lack of chances[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho has a big future with Manchester City and should not get disillusioned by his lack of chances in the team.

Manager Manuel Pellegrini believes that the teenage sensation would be in a “very wrong way of thinking” if he was to start getting frustrated after making one Premier League and two cup starts this season.

Kelechi again showed his burgeoning talent by going on as a substitute and helping the Blues snatch a 2-2 draw at West Ham – where his link-up with Sergio Aguero was one of the highlights of the day for City.

In fact, Aguero and the youngster seem so much in tune that you start to wonder whether the Blues have finally found a striker who fits perfectly with Kun.

Aguero usually looks more deadly as a lone striker, with nobody cluttering his space.

His partnerships have all failed to last – Carlos Tevez was too similar in some ways, Edin Dzeko was also a lone beast, Stevan Jovetic could not get off the physio's slab enough and Wilfried Bony has also been injured or ill for long spells.

But Iheanacho thrives in the space that is left by defences anxious about Aguero, and he continually picks his senior partner's run.

The danger is that Kelechi – who must know he is doing well but still finds himself back on the bench – gets fed up and starts asking for a move.

Pellegrini gives Iheanacho instructions at the derbyPellegrini gives Iheanacho instructions at the derby
Asked by MEN Sport whether there is a danger of Kelechi becoming tired of not getting a run in the side, the Chilean replied:

“Every time young players have the chance it's important they take that chance and show why the manager has done it.

“Every time he has played this season he has done very well, so of course he will have more chances, and we will continue to depend on his performance.

“He would be in a very wrong way of thinking if he was to get disillusioned.

“He should not be disillusioned, because he is just 19 years old, he is involved in a lot of games and is doing good things.

Kelechi has scored five goals despite only making three startsKelechi has scored five goals despite only making three starts
“He must continue working very hard because he has top players in front of him.”

That is the crux of the problem – to include Kelechi, the manager either has to drop one of his attacking stars or weaken his midfield.

David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne have both been flat lately, but are both significant players for the Blues, while Jesus Navas has been one of their better attacking options lately.

At least Kelechi has been getting more playing time recently – as well as his start – and goal – at Norwich in the FA Cup, he was given 33 minutes against Palace last week and a lively 14 minutes at West Ham.[/b]

The through pass Nacho gave Aguero in the last game was pure class. Sad Aguero failed to take that opportunity. That would have been one of the highlights of Nacho's season. It is nice to see Silva and Yaya Toure put faith in Nacho. They looked for him most times they got the ball.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:33pm On Jan 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
REVEALED: Osimhen's pastor told him to reject Arsenal for Wolfsburg
[/size]
[img]http://isoccerng.com/files/thumb/af05878cc2996ad/614/330/fit[/img]
By Blessed EKENE
Victor Osimhen has sensationally rejected an offer from English giants Arsenal and would be joining German club Wolfsburg Isoccer can reveal.

The youngster, who won the Fifa U17 World Cup in 2015 as well as the golden boot while breaking the tournament’s scoring record with 10 goals, has been linked with various sides including Arsenal.

However, according a source close to the teenage sensation, he rejected the chance to join the Gunners against the advice of his representatives after consulting his pastor on which club to choose.

Isoccer gathered that his respresentatives, the Stellar group, who are also the agents of Gareth Bale, strongly adviced Osimhen against moving to the Bundesliga citing language barrier and the fact that Nigerians hardly succeed in Germany, with Macauley Chrisantus who won the golden boot at Korea 2002 as a very significant example.

Osimhen, who was named the youth player of the year at the Glo-CAF awards, said he had visited the Wolfsburg training complex in Germany.

The 16-year-old striker also revealed that he intends to stay at the club as long as possible.

He told reporters: “I have visited the team in Wolfsburg and with the promises the coach made to me when I visited the arena, I think Wolfsburg is my destination.”

He added: “I’m going to stay at Wolfsburg for as long as the team can keep me.”

Osimhen was named second most valuable player at the Fifa U17 World Cup behind teammate Kelechi Nwakali.

He was called up to the Nigeria U23 side that won the U23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal last month and is poised to be part of the Olympics-bound squad.
isoccerng.com/news/2016/01/revealed-osimhens-pastor-told-him-to-reject-arsenal-for-wolfsburg
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:40pm On Jan 25, 2016
^^^LMAO

I wish him the best!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2016
safarigirl:

In-house encyclopedia?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
joseph1013:
^^^LMAO

I wish him the best!

As in ehn!!!

He rejected Stellar group's advice. Speechless.

If he was at Arsenal, Stellar group would be close to him. They will have easier communication with Arsenal because they are in London. They will monitor him easily and most of his manager's players are in England.

Wish him the best.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:53am On Jan 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As in ehn!!!

He rejected Stellar group's advice. Speechless.

If he was at Arsenal, Stellar group would be close to him. They will have easier communication with Arsenal because they are in London. They will monitor him easily and most of his managers players are in England.

Wish him the best.

You know, I had been wondering how Stellar group would recommend a German team to an African player. I know that Germans have a deliberate program from cradle to adulthood for their players. They had being grooming the team that won the 2014 World Cup since at least 6 years ago before the mundial. So how Stellar then advised him to go there as a young player coming straight from Africa was confusing to me. Now I know his Pastor was the overriding factor and I could not but laugh.

Arsenal would have been perfect for him in my opinion. If he is outstanding, he might even push for the first team, for I cant see a World Class striker at Arsenal. What an opportunity for him to stake his claim especially with the on-ground presence of a group like Stellar.

Well, again, I can only wish him the best! There are always probabilities for unexpected things to happen.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:14am On Jan 26, 2016
joseph1013:

You know, I had been wondering how Stellar group would recommend a German team to an African player. I know that Germans have a deliberate program from cradle to adulthood for their players. They had being grooming the team that won the 2014 World Cup since at least 6 years ago. So how Stella now advised him to go there as a young player coming straight from Africa was confusing to me. Now I know his Pastor was the overriding factor and I could not but laugh.

Arsenal would have been perfect for him in my opinion. If he is outstanding, he might even push for the first team, for I cant see a World Class striker at Arsenal. What an opportunity for him to stake his claim especially with the on-ground presence of a group like Stellar.

Well, again I can only wish him the best! There are always probabilities for unexpected things to happen.

I respect his decision and i feel he will prove it to be a great one. He will be given a real chance in germany without the extra pressure of playing in front of a very harsh British media. To me the loss is arsenal's not Osimhen.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:39am On Jan 26, 2016
[size=14pt]
German club won't give Flying Eagles ace Mustapha contract
[/size]

Mustapha Abdullahi

German second division club Arminia Bielefeld will not offer Nigeria U20 defender Mustapha Abdullahi a contract after he spent a week on trials with them in Turkey.

Abdullahi, who has also undergone trials with Portuguese second division club Portimenense late last year, tried out with Bielefeld at their warm weather training camp in Antalya, Turkey.

Bielefeld are 12th on the Bundesliga 2 table with 24 points from 19 matches.

The player is a left-sided fullback with a big engine, who gives everything in a game.
http://africanfootball.com/news/605323/German-club-won-t-give-Flying-Eagles-ace-Mustapha-contract
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:39am On Jan 26, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Aminu sinks Turkish champions Galatasaray
[/size]

Aminu (right)

Nigeria U23 striker Umar Aminu was the hero of his Turkish Super League side Osmanlispor after he scored a brace on Saturday in a sensational 3-2 win over champions Galatasaray.

Osmanlispor are 11th on the league table with 22 points from 19 games, while Galatasaray are third and 10 points behind leaders and local rivals Fenerbache.

The former Samsunspor striker scored the opening goal of the game in the 20th minute and completed a brace in the 44th minute for an equaliser to take the scores to 2-2.

He was cautioned by the referee in the 90th minute for complaining.

Umar, who has also featured for Nigeria U20 team, has now scored three goals in 15 games this season.

Raheem Lawal was a 79th minute substitute for Guven Mehmet in the colours of Osmanlispor.
http://africanfootball.com/news/604875/Aminu-sinks-Turkish-champions-Galatasaray
[/b]

1 Like

[b][size=14pt]
Osimhen In Germany To Complete €3.5m Wolfsburg Deal
[/size]

By Taiwo Adesanya:

Golden Eaglets striker,Victor Osimhen, is set to finalise a deal with Wolfburg Completesportsnigeria.com can report.
The 2015 African young player of the year jetted out of Nigeria on Sunday from the Murtala Mohammed International Airport en route Germany
to wrap up a deal worth 3.5 million Euros with the Bundesliga side.

According to a source close to the player, the deal will be a four-and-a-half year and Osimhen is in cloud nine over the transfer.
“As I speak with you Victor is in Germany as he travelled on Sunday,” a top source involved in the transfer told Completesportsnigeria.com.

“It will be a four-year deal and in the range of €3.5 million too. Victor and everybody is happy with the outcome no doubt.”
Osimhen, 17, was top scorer at last year’s FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile and the Wolfsburg deal is expected to kick in when he turns 18 in December.

Last month, Osimhen and his representatives visited the German club and a verbal agreement was reached.
Belgian club Anderlecht are the only other club who are known to have tabled an offer for the highly-rated young striker.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/osimhen-in-germany-to-complete-e3-5m-wolfsburg-deal/#K5Ulxw3pleZgBlLh.99
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
[size=14pt]
Abdul Ajagun Declared Surplus To Requirements By Panathinaikos
[/size]

Ex-Flying Eagles skipper Abdul Ajagun has been declared surplus to requirements at Panathinaikos just over a year after he extended his contract with the Greek Super League team.

According to Sports Day Greece, the attacking midfielder has been told to look for a new team before the close of the January transfer window.

In the event that Ajagun does not find a new employer, Panathinaikos will terminate his contract or loan himout to another club for free.

The 22-year-old’s current deal with The Green was due to run out at the end of the 2017-2018 season.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17677
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Moses Odubajo Praises Hull City Fighting Spirit
[/size]

Moses Odubajo has said that Hull City showed their character and fighting spirit by grinding out a 1-0 win over Fulham in the latest round of games played in the Championship.

The game at Craven Cottage was heading for a draw until Abel Hernandez converted a spot kick which was won by the Anglo-Nigerian in the 80th minute.

“Away wins can be very hard to come by in this division, so to come away from places like Queens Park Rangers and Fulham with victories is very pleasing,” said Odubajo to hullcitytigers.com.

“Fulham really tested us on Saturday and they’re certainly one of the toughest teams we’ve played against.

“But the game showed that we’ve got that fight within our squad. If we can’t get an early goal, we’ve got that shape where we’re not going to
concede silly goals.”

After 28 rounds, Hull City, who have Nigeria international Sone Aluko and Chuba Akpom in their ranks, lead the way in the second - tier with 56 points garnered followed by Middlesbrough, who are a point behind and have a game in hand.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17680
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Rio 2016 Olympic Football Tournament: Qualified Teams
[/size]

The Road to Brazil

Brazil (BRA)
As hosts of the 2016 FIFA Olympic Football Tournament, Brazil have automatically qualified for the tournament.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3335507_olympicteams_jpeg85fc43d326dc3b7a13ffe7dd070ccd18
Map Showing Olympic Teams.

Africa
Nigeria and Algeria booked their tickets to Rio with semi-final victories at December's CAF U-23 Championship in Senegal. South Africa won the play-off for third place and final Olympic spot from Africa.

Asia
The 2016 AFC U-23 Championship, to be played 12-30 January 2016, will serve as the qualifying tournament for Rio 2016. The top three teams will qualify for the final tournament

Europe
The UEFA European U-21 Championship, was held in Czech Republic between 17 and 30 June 2015. Sweden won the tournament, with Denmark, Germany and Portugal joining the victors in Rio.

North, Central America and Caribbean North, Central America and Caribbean
Mexico won the the CONCACAF Men’s Olympic Qualifying Championship, with defeated finalists Honduras joining them in Rio. USA came third and will play-off against Colombia, the second placed team from CONMEBOL.

Oceania
The OFC Men’s Olympic Football Tournament Qualifying competition was the Pacific Games, played from 4 to 17 July 2015 in Papua New Guinea, with champions Fiji booking their ticket to Rio.

South America
The South American U-20 Championship was played in Uruguay in January/February 2015. The winner of this championship, Argentina, qualified for Rio 2016. Colombia, in second place, will play-off against CONCACAF.
http://www.fifa.com/mensolympic/teams/
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
Chidozie Awaziem starts for Porto first team in the cup ... Another kid coming up

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
Alampasu also starts for Feirense

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
Now watching Alampasu vs Chidozie

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
Impressed with Chidozie so far... He is a center back, reads danger well.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Weak Penalty

Feirense 1 Porto 0

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.