Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700190 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
tbaba1234:
Chidozie Awaziem starts for Porto first team in the cup ... Another kid coming up

Hmmm good to know. How old is he?
Hope no be d one wey he go say "Portugues blood flows through my veins".

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
Icon4s:

Place of Birth, Enugu, Nigeria.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
2:0 Feirense

Hope Alampasu can keep his clean sheet.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
Alampasu has improved so much.... NFF need a scouting department to monitor all the up and coming players....

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
Another Clean sheet

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by klarrychenko94: 8:35am On Jan 28, 2016
Happy for Alampasu. The lad is improving pretty well. Impressive in the cup games he has played so far.

Clean sheet against almighty Porto..,...... WOW!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:47am On Jan 28, 2016
tbaba1234:

Aw!! Another teenage sensation.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:51am On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Place of Birth, Enugu, Nigeria.
Ok. Good. Oya Terzurum5, Orkpekyandega,Blackalbino6,Joseph1034 and co extend ur radar of coverage to this Kid.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:54am On Jan 28, 2016
tbaba1234:
Alampasu has improved so much.... NFF need a scouting department to monitor all the up and coming players....

Yeah. And imagine this Chidozie boy broke into the FC Porto senior team and no one even noticed.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
klarrychenko94:
Happy for Alampasu. The lad is improving pretty well. Impressive in the cup games he has played so far.

Clean sheet against almighty Porto..,...... WOW!!!!!

Porto did not play their best players, though.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by klarrychenko94: 3:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
tbaba1234:

Porto did not play their best players, though.
best players or not... Alampasu kept clean sheet against Porto FC.

Feirense too rest some certain key players. They have a regular goalkeeper, but alampasu was in goal for them.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
Icon4s:

Ok. Good. Oya Terzurum5, Orkpekyandega,Blackalbino6,Joseph1034 and co extend ur radar of coverage to this Kid.
Yawns with mouth open for ages gringrin. Am just in a very bad mood. Don't know how to help. Walks out of the house (Thread), opens the gate with anger to look for TheSuperNerd (Thread Psychologist) to come and help me out of this mess.

Oh! my God!!! Why

''I still Can’t Believe We’re Out Of Chan'' in Prince Aggreh's voice.

Just so tired. Sir let me just rest for few more minutes.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
terzurum5:

Yawns with mouth open for ages gringrin. Am just in a very bad mood. Don't know how to help. Walks out of the house (Thread), opens the gate with anger to look for TheSuperNerd (Thread Psychologist) to come and help me out of this mess.

Oh! my God!!! Why

''I still Can’t Believe We’re Out Of Chan'' in Prince Aggreh's voice.

Just so tired. Sir let me just rest for few more minutes.

Take heart bro. Set backs like these happen once in a while. Know that we cannot win every tournament. Atleast last yr we won the AYC, FIFA U17 & CAF U23. The major aim of this tourney is to expose the 'over-shadowed' talents. Some positives: the show-casing of Chisom Chikatara, Ifeanyi Mathew, Chima Akas, Prince Aggreh, all of whom are U23.

If left to me going forward, no player above 23 should feature for Nigeria at the CHAN. IMO any player from 24-25yrs above, in this mordern time, dat is still in d local league is nt worth the time and attention.

So my brother once again take heart and find solace in the fact that more youth players have been discovered.
The future of our football is bright.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
Icon4s:

Take heart bro. Set backs like these happen once in a while. Know that we cannot win every tournament. Atleast last yr we won the AYC, FIFA U17 & CAF U23. The major aim of this tourney is to expose the 'over-shadowed' talents. Some positives: the show-casing of Chisom Chikatara, Ifeanyi Mathew, Chima Akas, Prince Aggreh, all of which are U23.

If left to me going forward, no player above 23 should feature for Nigeria at the CHAN. IMO any player from 24-25yrs above, in this mordern time, dat is still in d local league is nt worth the time and attention.

So my brother once again take heart and find solace in the fact that more youth players have been discovered.

You forgot USMAN Mohammed. Bright and promising star.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You forgot USMAN Mohammed. Bright and promising star.

Yeah Already part of Siasia's U23. He was at CAF U23 also.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
Icon4s:

Take heart bro. Set backs like these happen once in a while. Know that we cannot win every tournament. Atleast last yr we won the AYC, FIFA U17 & CAF U23. The major aim of this tourney is to expose the 'over-shadowed' talents. Some positives: the show-casing of Chisom Chikatara, Ifeanyi Mathew, Chima Akas, Prince Aggreh, all of whom are U23.

Thanks.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Osimhen To Join Wolfsburg In 2017, Trains With First Team
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/osimhens-wolfsburg-move-dicey-over-transfer-fee-disagreement/[/img]
28 Jan 2016 Headlines
Nigerian youngster Victor Osimhen will join Wolfsburg from January next year, the Bundesliga club have announced.

According to the terms of the deal, the Osimhen agreement with mark the kick-off of a working relationship between Wolfsburg and Ultimate Strikers Academy, who hold the Golden Eaglets striker’s rights.

“VfL Wolfsburg have agreed on an immediate cooperation with the Ultimate Strikers Academy from Nigeria,” Wolfsburg wrote on their official English language website on Thursday.

“Talented individuals from the elite football academy receive the opportunity to participate in training activities with the teams from the youth performance centre, the U23 team and also the Bundesliga side as guest players.

Parallel, there is also a multi-faceted exchange programme, with the focus on a transfer of knowledge to the Ultimate Strikers Academy, to encourage such elements as modern training techniques, sport medicine or sport technology.

“The start of the cooperation was marked by the visit of 17-year-old academy and junior international Victor Osimhen to Wolfsburg, where he will spend several days as a guest, training with the professional Bundesliga team.

Further visits of talented young Nigerian players to Wolfsburg are already being planned.”

Wolfsburg then insisted that Osimhen, top scorer at the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup with a record 10 goals, will not become an official player for the club until 2017, when he will be 18.

“We are delighted to welcome our first international cooperation partner, in the Ultimate Strikers Academy, here as VfL Wolfsburg.

For talented youngsters such as Victor Osimhen, it is a major advantage to combine the games at home with the academy team, with knowledge of youth training and operational processes in European professional football,” explained VfL’s Director of Sport Klaus Allofs, who went on to emphasise that the transfer of Victor Osimhen to VfL had been agreed upon as from January 1st, 2017.

“This cooperation is a massive step for our academy. The training and working conditions at VfL Wolfsburg are very impressive.

We are very happy to be in a position to benefit from the know-how at VfL in terms of talent development. This exchange is a real milestone for us,” commented Ultimate Strikers Academy president, Chinedu Moses Ogbenna.

Through the exchange programme, it is also intended to convey to young Nigerian hopefuls just which sporting demands are connected with taking the step to Europe.

Olaf Rebbe, Director of Sport at VfL Wolfsburg, addec: “Through such co-operations, talented youngsters are far better prepared for the step into professional football, whilst at the same time, we can provide our own coaches and staff at the youth performance centre, as well as our U23 team, with the opportunity to look outside of the box and play a sustained role in assisting the development of football in Nigeria.”
www.completesportsnigeria.com/38140-2/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 29, 2016
Icon4s:

I am not a fan of Aggreh and Chima Akas, they are not good to be in our under 23 team !

Prince Aggreh faded away after the first game, Chima Akas is an over rated player from my own perspective !

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NLban: 3:07am On Jan 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Dele Alampasu : Good Thing For Me To Play Against Porto
[/size]

Dele Alampasu has played down his performance on Wednesday night in the Taça da Liga despite keeping another clean sheet in his second professional appearance as CD Feirense played out a goalless draw with Porto.

In his debut appearance for the Portuguese Segunda Liga side, the ex-Golden Eaglets star prevented the Famalicão players from scoring and was rewarded with the Man of the Match award after the game.

“It is a normal thing for me to do my job. If they give me the chance I have to prove myself, ” Alampasu said toa llnigeriasoccer.com.

“I know Porto is a big team so for me to play against them I think it is a good thing for me.
“I am still looking for more games to play before the end of the season.”

The netminder is yet to debut for CD Feirense in the Segunda Liga but has made the 18-man squad in their last four games.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17714
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NLban: 3:10am On Jan 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Visa Hitch Stops Oghenekaro Etebo From Joining CD Feirense
[/size]

Nigeria U23 international Oghenekaro Etebo is still awaiting the outcome of his visa application to the Portuguese embassy before jetting out of the country for a new adventure with CD Feirense.

The attacking midfielder has penned a two-and-a-half-deal with the Segunda Liga side, who are bankrolled by Bet9ja CEO Kunle Soname.

“I was with Etebo in Abuja last week and they told us at the embassy that the visa will be ready after ten days,” Etebo’s representative told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

He has dispelled fears that the deal could fall through with the transfer window in Portugal closing for business on Thursday, February 4, adding that his client is a free agent.

“There is nothing to worry about. He has already signed the contract, he only needs to travel to Portugal to begin training with the team.

“He has no contract with Warri Wolves, he is a free agent. The club will apply for his ITC soon.”
Etebo was heavily linked with a plethora of clubs in North Africa before he committed his future to CD Feirense.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17712
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NLban: 3:11am On Jan 29, 2016
[size=14pt]
Official : Ex-Liverpool Starlet Obi Anoruo Departs Gloucester City
[/size]

Gloucester City have announced that Nigerian - born Obi Anoruo has ended his affair with the Vanarama National League North club by mutual consent.

Last season, the striker was one of the leading scorers in the division, with 19 goals for Colwyn Bay but has not replicated his performance since joining the Tigers having managed only 4 goals.

The 24-year-old started off his career with the Academy Team of Liverpool and did not make an appearance for the first team prior to his departure to Wrexham.

Anoruo had stops at Newtown, Vauxhall Motors,Barrow, Hinckley United and Stalybridge Celtic before signing for Colwyn Bay in the summer of 2014.

He also had a spell with Welsh Premier League team Newtown where he scored 5 goals in 9 matches.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17711

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:07am On Jan 29, 2016
NLban:
[b][size=14pt]
Dele Alampasu : Good Thing For Me To Play Against Porto
[/size]

Dele Alampasu has played down his performance on Wednesday night in the Taça da Liga despite keeping another clean sheet in his second professional appearance as CD Feirense played out a goalless draw with Porto.

In his debut appearance for the Portuguese Segunda Liga side, the ex-Golden Eaglets star prevented the Famalicão players from scoring and was rewarded with the Man of the Match award after the game.

“It is a normal thing for me to do my job. If they give me the chance I have to prove myself, ” Alampasu said toa llnigeriasoccer.com.

“I know Porto is a big team so for me to play against them I think it is a good thing for me.
“I am still looking for more games to play before the end of the season.”

The netminder is yet to debut for CD Feirense in the Segunda Liga but has made the 18-man squad in their last four games.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17714
[/b]

A rising star. The NFF should promote Emmanuel Daniel and Dele Alampasu to d Super Eagles to train with and Deputise for Carl Ukeme.

We need to groom d next generation.Emmanuel Okala and Best Ogedengbe did it together from the 1970s up to d early 80s. Peter Rufai and Ike Shoronmu did it together from the 80s up to the 1990s(Ike joined from d 90s), Vincent Enyeama and Austin Ejide did it together in 2000s to early 2010s.

Now we have identified two promising young goalies. We know Carl Ikeme is jst there to quickly fill d Enyeama gap. Daniel and Alampasu will soon take over.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by fellory: 7:49am On Jan 29, 2016
[quote author=safarigirl post=41965905]To avoid quarreling with nonentities, I'll leave this thread until July. Y'all can continue with your memorial gist

Although my comment is coming really late but I would love to add; good riddance to bad rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:05am On Jan 29, 2016
casket:

I am not a fan of Aggreh and Chima Akas, they are not good to be in our under 23 team !

Prince Aggreh faded away after the first game, [b]Chima Akas [/b]is an over rated player from my own perspective !

Remember Chima Akas started ahead of Echiejile in that return leg against Swaziland and did creditably well. I think Akas is good enough for an U23 Call-up.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 29, 2016
Icon4s:

Remember Chima Akas started ahead of Echiejile in that return leg against Swaziland and did creditably well. I think Akas is good enough for an U23 Call-up.

Good morning sir Icon4s, his performance against Swaziland could be a flash but had a tournament that tested his true character and illuminated his real ability...
With his current form based on his performance at the tournament, Akas is NOT an under 23 material.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:22am On Jan 29, 2016
casket:

Good morning sir Icon4s, his performance against Swaziland could be a flash but had a tournament that tested his true character and illuminated his real ability...
With his current form based on his performance at the tournament, Akas is NOT an under 23 material.

Good Morning to you too Sir. The only left back that is U23 that I rate higher than him for now is Kingsley Madu.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:37am On Jan 29, 2016
tbaba1234:
Chidozie Awaziem starts for Porto first team in the cup ... Another kid coming up

Chidozie Awaziem, Kelechi Iheanacho, Dominic Solanke, Alex Iwobi, Ola Aina, Ike Ugbo and Marc Bola all participated in the UEFA U19 Champions League in 2014. Chelsea fc won the tournament. grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:15am On Jan 29, 2016
forgiveness:

Chidozie Awaziem, Kelechi Iheanacho, Dominic Solanke, Alex Iwobi, Ola Aina, Ike Ugbo and Marc Bola all participated in the UEFA U19 Champions League in 2014. Chelsea fc won the tournament. grin

You can't really say Kelechi Iheanacho played the Champions League. He was injured after playing just 11 minutes.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:24am On Jan 29, 2016
Icon4s:

Good Morning to you too Sir. The only left back that is U23 that I rate higher than him for now is Kingsley Madu.

Stanley Amuzie of samdoria is better than Akas... He was the first choice left back but got injured.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:37am On Jan 29, 2016
tbaba1234:

Stanley Amuzie of samdoria is better than Akas... He was the first choice left back but got injured.

He has nt played for a long time hence out of favour. I doubt his availability for Rio. So Akas remains second choice for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.