Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702998 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
tbaba1234:
Chidozie Awaziem started in Porto 2-1 league win against Benfica.. A center back for the under 23 and even the super eagles. His League Debut

These boys eh!!!

Benfica is too huge. That is a big step. Definitely he is on Man City's radar. We buy from Porto. Otamendi played for Porto. We bought Fernando and Mangala from Porto.

Congrats Awaziem. Very big step to take and definitely a pick for the Super Eagles and Dream Team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
11 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FC PORTO RISING STAR CHIDOZIE AWAZIEM

19 year old Chidozie Awaziem made his league debut for FC Porto yesterday starring in their 2-1 victory over arch rival Benfica.
Here are 11 facts you need to know about the young defender.

1. Chidozie Awaziem was born in Jos, Plateau State north central Nigeria although his parents are indigenes of Enugu State, Eastern part of Nigeria.

2. He didn’t play a single level of league football in Nigeria before joining FC Porto, he was signed directly from grassroot team El-Kanemi juniors of Jos.

3. He joined FC Porto last season helping their U-19 lift the Juniores title before he was promoted to the reserve team prior to the start of this season.

4. Ironically,Adjmar the scout who spotted him during a scouting programe in Nigeria termed Gee-lec football talent hunt search organized by Ramp football agency is no longer with FC Porto, he now works for Monaco.

5. Six of them were picked during the scouting exercise but only three are presently playing professional football, Awaziem and his Porto teammate Fidelis Irhene who is out on loan to Portimonense and Abass Ibrahim who is presently on the books of Pacos Fereira

6. Still only 19 years old but he stands at an impressive height which aptly describe his strong aerial abilities

7. He started off as a defensive midfielder before he was converted to a central defender at FC Porto probably why he is adept at picking passes in from his present position as a central defender.

8. Among the four Nigerians on the book of FC Porto he is the only one in the first team right now but just like Mikel Agu who is out on loan to Club Brugge, he also made his debut against Benfica at the Estadio da Luiz.

9. Babawo Mohammed presently manage his career as his agent and the former JUTH FC of Jos midfielder is slowly gaining a reputation in Nigeria when it comes to players transfer like well know Portuguese super scout Jorge Mendes.

10. His abilities saw him rise from the U-19 to the first team and subsequently making his debut after just 18 months at the club.

11. He has played 23 times for the B team picking up an unhealthy total of 8 yellow cards and one red card and even though he has just two appearances for the main team he has a caution to his name picked up in his first game for the A team, a League cup game against Farense.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/02/13/11-things-you-need-to-know-about-fc-porto-rising-star-chidozie-awaziem/#.Vr9zc_II7u0.twitter

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
First team after just 18 months, Impressive!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
tbaba1234:

19 year old Chidozie Awaziem made his league debut for FC Porto yesterday starring in their 2-1 victory over arch rival Benfica.

1. Chidozie Awaziem was born in Jos, Plateau State north central Nigeria although his parents are indigenes of Enugu State, Eastern part of Nigeria.

2. He didn’t play a single level of league football in Nigeria before joining FC Porto, he was signed directly from grassroot team El-Kanemi juniors of Jos.

3. He joined FC Porto last season helping their U-19 lift the Juniores title before he was promoted to the reserve team prior to the start of this season.

4. Ironically,Adjmar the scout who spotted him during a scouting programe in Nigeria termed Gee-lec football talent hunt search organized by Ramp football agency is no longer with FC Porto, he now works for Monaco.

5. Six of them were picked during the scouting exercise but only three are presently playing professional football, Awaziem and his Porto teammate Fidelis Irhene who is out on loan to Portimonense and Abass Ibrahim who is presently on the books of Pacos Fereira

6. Still only 19 years old but he stands at an impressive height which aptly describe his strong aerial abilities

7. He started off as a defensive midfielder before he was converted to a central defender at FC Porto probably why he is adept at picking passes in from his present position as a central defender.

8. Among the four Nigerians on the book of FC Porto he is the only one in the first team right now but just like Mikel Agu who is out on loan to Club Brugge, he also made his debut against Benfica at the Estadio da Luiz.

9. Babawo Mohammed presently manage his career as his agent and the former JUTH FC of Jos midfielder is slowly gaining a reputation in Nigeria when it comes to players transfer like well know Portuguese super scout Jorge Mendes.

10. His abilities saw him rise from the U-19 to the first team and subsequently making his debut after just 18 months at the club.

11. He has played 23 times for the B team picking up an unhealthy total of 8 yellow cards and one red card and even though he has just two appearances for the main team he has a caution to his name picked up in his first game for the A team, a League cup game against Farense.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/02/13/11-things-you-need-to-know-about-fc-porto-rising-star-chidozie-awaziem/#.Vr9zc_II7u0.twitter

The Cards is obviously from the change in roles from a defensive midfielder to a Central defender. He is still learning how to tackle and win balls. It comes with switches like that. For him to play for the main team of Porto in such a short time shows he is a fast learner.

I will keep watching this young lad grow.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:12am On Feb 14, 2016
This is so cool. Thanks Sir Tbaba.

Babawo Mohammed again.... Hmm.... This agent has a way of handling very fine talents.

Indeed, We own the future of soccer. Chidozie's rise is indeed meteoric.

tbaba1234:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
Remember where u were at when Iheanacho scored that cracker!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
A cracker from Iheneacho. Sweet goal.

He actually started the movement of the ball when he won the throw in from the mid-field. Exchanged a couple of passes with Sterling and Yaya toure and was there at the right time to put that cracker past the keeper......

ERIKSENNNnnnnnnn!!

1-2 Tot
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Victor Osimhen: Yes it’s true Arsenal wanted to sign me
By Oliver Young-Myles
[/size]

Nigerian wonderkid Victor Osimhen has confirmed that Arsenal were ready to sign him, but he turned them down for Wolfsburg – as he felt it would be a better move for his career at this moment.

The 17-year-old starred at the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in October scoring an impressive ten goals as Nigeria comfortably won the tournament and his displays led to speculation linking him with Arsenal.
[img]http://www.squawka.com/teams/arsenal/stats#total-goals-scored#english-barclays-premier-league#season-2015/2016#165#all-matches#1-25#pitch-view[/img]
Osimhen, who currently plays at the Ultimate Strikers Academy in Lagos, will move to Wolfsburg when he turns 18 in December and he confirmed to BBC Sport that Arsenal were interested in signing him.

“It’s true that a big team like Arsenal wanted me and I feel honoured to be invited over. But personally I feel Wolfsburg is a ladder for me to reach my professional goals,” he said.

“Yes Arsenal is a good team for young players but Wolfsburg is the best club for me. This the best place for me to learn and develop because my heart is here with Wolfsburg.

“The club’s plan for my career is very encouraging and I believe with God on my side I can grow to become one of the best players in the world.”

Due to FIFA transfer regulations, Osimhen is unable to move to Wolfsburg until he is 18, but he can be invited to train with the club prior to formally linking up with them.

Osimhen’s immense promise is shown by the fact that he was named the 2015 Confederation of African Football (Caf) Youth Player of the Year last month and he won the African Nations Cup with Nigeria’s Under-23 side last year.

Although it is a blow to Arsenal that Osimhen decided to move elsewhere, the previous top scorers at the Under-17 World Cup, Souleymane Coulibaly and Florent Sinama-Pongolle, failed to reach the heights expected of them after the tournament.

Arsenal are currently five points off the pace in the Premier League and face pivotal clash against league leaders Leicester City on Sunday.
www.squawka.com/news/victor-osimhen-yes-its-true-arsenal-wanted-to-sign-me/597595
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho on target in Manchester City’s defeat to Tottenham Hotspur
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/GOAL_INTERNATIONAL/b0/64/kelechi-iheanacho_uvb7vsldx4551twb4963u9v2w.jpg?t=-607707550&w=620&h=430[/img]
The Nigerian leveled up for the Citizens eight minutes after his introduction but Eriksen’s strike condemned Manuel Pellegrini’s men to a home defeat Kelechi Iheanacho was on target for Manchester City in their 2-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday evening.

Sterling was harshly adjudged by referee Mark Clattenburg to have handled Rose's cross, allowing Kane to tuck home the opener eight minutes into the second half amid jeers from an angry Etihad crowd.

In the second half, Pellegrini then threw caution to the wind as Iheanacho replaced Fernando after the hour and it took little time for the Nigerian to make an impact with his ninth City goal in all competitions.

The 19-year-old kept a cool head and calmly side-footed Gael Clichy's cross past a helpless Hugo Lloris 16 minutes from time, only for Eriksen to take advantage of sloppy defending from City to settle the contest in Spurs' favour.

However, it was Eriksen – celebrating his 24th birthday – who had the last laugh, slotting home Erik Lamela's pass amid lacklustre City defending on captain Vincent Kompany's return from injury.

With this defeat, City are 4th on the English topflight log with 47 points from 26 games and they travel to Anfield for their next game against Liverpool on March 2.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2016/02/14/20348892/iheanacho-on-target-in-manchester-citys-defeat-to-tottenham
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Henry: Why did no Man City players celebrate with Iheanacho?
[/size]

The former Arsenal striker found it "weird" that the Nigerian's team-mates were muted in their reaction to his equalising goal in their 2-1 defeat against Tottenham on Sunday.

Thierry Henry has questioned the togetherness within the Manchester Citysquad by pointing out the lack of a celebration after Kelechi Iheanacho's equalising goal against Tottenham.

The Nigerian forward cancelled out Harry Kane's second-half penalty but Christian Eriksen scored a late winning goal for Spurs to earn the visitors a crucial three points.

The defeat sees City remain six points behind Premier League leaders Leicester City and Henry believes the muted way in which Manuel Pellegrini's players reacted to drawing level was telling.

"I know you have to go and get the ball back [to ensure a quick restart with the score level at 1-1 at the time] but no one went to celebrate with Iheanacho," Henry told Sky Sports.

"That's something that, I don't know… you scored a goal, go and celebrate with the guy. 'Let's go, get the ball back'. No one went to celebrate with him. He was in the corner there.

"I think [Vincent] Kompany went with him and someone else but that's it. Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines about that Man City team but no one went to celebrate with him, that's a bit weird."
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4071/premier-league/2016/02/14/20350042/henry-why-did-no-man-city-players-celebrate-with-iheanacho
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:12am On Feb 15, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

The former Arsenal striker found it "weird" that the Nigerian's team-mates were muted in their reaction to his equalising goal in their 2-1 defeat against Tottenham on Sunday.

Thierry Henry has questioned the togetherness within the Manchester Citysquad by pointing out the lack of a celebration after Kelechi Iheanacho's equalising goal against Tottenham.

The Nigerian forward cancelled out Harry Kane's second-half penalty but Christian Eriksen scored a late winning goal for Spurs to earn the visitors a crucial three points.

The defeat sees City remain six points behind Premier League leaders Leicester City and Henry believes the muted way in which Manuel Pellegrini's players reacted to drawing level was telling.

"I know you have to go and get the ball back [to ensure a quick restart with the score level at 1-1 at the time] but no one went to celebrate with Iheanacho," Henry told Sky Sports.

"That's something that, I don't know… you scored a goal, go and celebrate with the guy. 'Let's go, get the ball back'. No one went to celebrate with him. He was in the corner there.

"I think [Vincent] Kompany went with him and someone else but that's it. Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines about that Man City team but no one went to celebrate with him, that's a bit weird."
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4071/premier-league/2016/02/14/20350042/henry-why-did-no-man-city-players-celebrate-with-iheanacho
[/b]

Yeah I noticed that too but initially decided not to read much meanings into it.
Such a big and crucial goal at a crucial time and in a crucial game. And his team-mates couldn't celebrate with him.

I smell one word: BEAF!

Could it be connected to his Champion League place ahead of Samir Nasri? Just asking. undecided
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:48am On Feb 15, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

[/b]

Make Henry go siddon somewhere. The same players that sang for him when he scored the hattrick!

It was 15 minutes to the end of a crucial league-chasing match and you are behind, then a player scored an equalizer but instead of him to quickly take the ball and chase the winning goal, he ran off to the far end of the corner flag to celebrate. Well, you can't blame him too much, he is a kid. Henry is either drunk or just wants to say something because he is an analyst. Man City wanted to quickly restart the game to win the match. As soon as he scored, Aguero was seen carrying the ball to the centre-line for a quick restart. Even when Kompany went to Kelechi, it was to urge him to cut short the celebration. Zabaleta was heard shouting for Kelechi to come and restart the game.

Anyone who understand the EPL would see that a win for Man City would have gotten them back in contention for the league title. City needed to win that match badly.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by shogz89: 11:15am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1013:

Make Henry go siddon somewhere. The same players that sang for him when he scored the hattrick!

It was 15 minutes to the end of a crucial league-chasing match and you are behind, then a player scored an equalizer but instead of him to quickly take the ball and chase the winning goal, he ran off to the far end of the corner flag to celebrate. Well, you can't blame him too much, he is a kid. Henry is either drunk or just wants to say something because he is an analyst. Man City wanted to quickly restart the game to win the match. As soon as he scored, Aguero was seen carrying the ball to the centre-line for a quick restart. Even when Kompany went to Kelechi, it was to urge him to cut short the celebration. Zabaleta was heard shouting for Kelechi to come and restart the game.

Anyone who understand the EPL would see that a win for Man City would have gotten them back in contention for the league title. City needed to win that match badly.
iheanacho self dosent celebrate with his team mates when he scores I have noticed that.. It was only matter of time they stop chasing him around for celebration too

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1013:

It seemed Nacho forgot some of his advises some of the players gave him. There was no need for a celebration. Going a goal down to Tottenham was already painful enough. A draw was not a good result for us. We needed a win.

Nacho will learn. When he scores an equaliser like that, he will pick up the ball and think of the team scoring a winner.

That is what gaining experience is all about.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It seemed Nacho forgot some of his advises some of the players gave him. There was no need for a celebration. Going a goal down to Tottenham was already painful enough. A draw was not a good result for us. We needed a win.

Nacho will learn. When he scores an equaliser like that, he will pick up the ball and think of the team scoring a winner.

That is what gaining experience is all about.

The interesting thing was that during the period he played for the EDS, anytime they were behind and he scored, he was very quick to pick the ball from the net for the restart. I think the occasion overwhelmed him this time around. He will learn. The league title looks over for City right now.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2016
shogz89:
iheanacho self dosent celebrate with his team mates when he scores I have noticed that.. It was only matter of time they stop chasing him around for celebration too

If he would celebrate that goal, he should have gone to Clichy who made such an excellent assist. I have not seen him celebrate with the assist guy before. I hope Toure teach him these simple things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:40am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1013:

The interesting thing was that during the period he played for the EDS, anytime they were behind and he scored, he was the very quick to pick the ball from the net for the restart. I think the occasion overwhelmed him this time around. He will learn. The league title looks over for City right now.

I still expect a twist. I think the title is not over, until is over. If I am correct, we closed up a nine points gap against Man Utd to win the league.

When we won the league with Mancini, our fans cried in the stadium after we lost to Arsenal. They cried it was over and we won the league.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:46am On Feb 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I still expect a twist. I think the title is not over, until is over. If I am correct, we closed up a nine points gap against Man Utd to win the league.

When we won the league with Mancini, our fans cried in the stadium after we lost to Arsenal. They cried it was over and we won the league.

Then that would be a welcomed surprise and a great gift for the departing Engineer.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

[/b]
city payers are stuck up and outdated. Fact is the team is slowly belonging to Iheanacho and some are jealous. He was put in around 50 minutes which show more trust from the manager and he justified that trust with a goal even Pelegrini got excited. If i am Iheanacho I'd want to know Pep's stance now cuz following Pelegrini to maybe chealsea is not a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1013:

Yeah. Well spoken. Bt dat doesnt stop one or two players from celebratin with him. Sure u saw Theo Walcott's celebration after d equalizer against Leicester. He ran and Ramsey followed him. He did nt even run towards Giroud hu made d assist.

By and large, i dnt blame Iheanacho in any way. Scoring in a game of dat magnitude no b beans.
That game jst like d Arsenal vs Leicester was like a cup final.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
Icon4s:

Yeah. Well spoken. Bt dat doesnt stop one or two players from celebratin with him. Sure u saw Theo Walcott's celebration after d equalizer against Leicester. He ran and Ramsey followed him. He did nt even run towards Giroud hu made d assist.

By and large, i dnt blame Iheanacho in any way. Scoring in a game of dat magnitude no b beans.
That game jst like d Arsenal vs Leicester was like a cup final.

Did you see Theo's eagerness to get back to the half way line to restart the game? That was what Nacho lacked. He celebrated it as an achievement. On the team's perspective, we were performing poorly. If Nacho picked the ball or raced back to continue the game, there would not be an issue.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

city payers are stuck up and outdated. Fact is the team is slowly belonging to Iheanacho and some are jealous. He was put in around 50 minutes which show more trust from the manager and he justified that trust with a goal even Pelegrini got excited. If i am Iheanacho I'd want to know Pep's stance now cuz following Pelegrini to maybe chealsea is not a bad idea.

No one is jealous of Nacho. He has not achieved anything major for players to feel jealous of him. If Nasri recovered early, Nacho will not even be on the champions league list.

These men have achieved what Nacho hopes to achieve. Players like Toure, Aguero, Silva, Zabaletta and Deimechelis. They are made men and are thanking God for a wonderful career to feel jealous of a young boy praying for careers like them.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Did you see Theo's eagerness to get back to the half way line to restart the game? That was what Nacho lacked. He celebrated it as an achievement. On the team's perspective, we were performing poorly. If Nacho picked the ball or raced back to continue the game, there would not be an issue.

Don't blame him too much. He was just excited to score. Once he becomes a thorough professional, it will be different.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
tbaba1234:

Don't blame him too much. He was just excited to score. Once he becomes a thorough professional, it will be different.

Definitely. I believe it is just a case of inexperience. The more experiences he gets, the more he will act professionally on the pitch. That is why the likes of Yaya, Bony and Clichy spend a lot of time talking to him and advising him.

When they reach the locker room that they, they will talk to him about it. As a sharp boy, he will take his lessons and improve.

He is young and he will make mistakes. Reminds me of how reports came of Drogba and Essien scolding Mikel when he came late for a Chelsea training. Mikel learnt and we never got that kind of complaint again.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

No one is jealous of Nacho. He has not achieved anything major for players to feel jealous of him. If Nasri recovered early, Nacho will not even be on the champions league list.

These men have achieved what Nacho hopes to achieve. Players like Toure, Aguero, Silva, Zabaletta and Deimechelis. They are made men and are thanking God for a wonderful career to feel jealous of a young boy praying for careers like them.
I already gave my reason why and that's because Iheanacho is slowly becoming the man and they saw it, that goal was sick and he scored on the best keeper this year. That goal was supposed to spur them on, he didn't do any crazy celebration he was gingering the crowd what's the big deal in that? Either they were throwing shade or they were just tired because they looked bad in the closing minutes Aguero missed a fine pass from Iheanacho that would have put him one on one with Lloris.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I already gave my reason why and that's because Iheanacho is slowly becoming the man and they saw it, that goal was sick and he scored on the best keeper this year. That goal was supposed to spur them on, he didn't do any crazy celebration he was gingering the crowd what's the big deal in that? Either they were throwing shade or they were just tired because they looked bad in the closing minutes Aguero missed a fine pass from Iheanacho that would have put him one on one with Lloris.

Someone posted this on the other thread and the pics said it all. Theo Walcott and every Gunner on the field wanted the ball in the middle of the field to get the game on.

That was what the Cityzens did but Nacho was in a World of his own. He even had time for prayers. The boy will learn.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Someone posted this on the other thread and the pics said it all. Theo Walcott and every Gunner on the field wanted the ball in the middle of the field to get the game on.

That was what the Cityzens did but Nacho was in a World of his own. He even had time for prayers. The boy will learn.

I don't want him to learn manners, i want him to keep scoring and work on his ball control. Why can't he pray? In everything give thanks.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I don't want him to learn manners, i want him to keep scoring and work on his ball control. Why can't he pray? In everything give thanks.

He is scoring goals because the players chose to pass to him. That is why you hear of something like assist. A player assisted, ie helped him score. You need good manners to promote team work and togetherness.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:08am On Feb 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Definitely. I believe it is just a case of inexperience. The more experiences he gets, the more he will act professionally on the pitch. That is why the likes of Yaya, Bony and Clichy spend a lot of time talking to him and advising him.

When they reach the locker room that they, they will talk to him about it. As a sharp boy, he will take his lessons and improve.

He is young and he will make mistakes. Reminds me of how reports came of Drogba and Essien scolding Mikel when he came late for a Chelsea training. Mikel learnt and we never got that kind of complaint again.

See bros, u guys probably dnt know that that goal meant more to Iheanacho himself than what it meant to Mancity. It was really a career booster to d kid and that is how every teanager would react in a time like that. I know what Iheanacho did didn't go down well with d more established City players but to me Iheanacho reacted d way he was supposed to react as a teenager after scoring such a big goal.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:02am On Feb 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

He is scoring goals because the players chose to pass to him. That is why you here of something like assist. A player assisted, ie helped him score. You need good manners to promote team work and togetherness.

I'm sorry did they kick the ball for him? He makes his fair share of assists he even gave Aguero one which he misshandled. A team is like a family, u back each other up no matter right or wrong, what i would have done was hug him and drag him along.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
Icon4s:

See bros, u guys probably dnt know that that goal meant more to Iheanacho himself than what it meant to Mancity. It was really a career booster to d kid and that is how every teanager would react in a time like that. I know what Iheanacho did didn't go down well with d more established City players but to me Iheanacho reacted d way he was supposed to react as a teenager after scoring such a big goal.

That is why this is seen as a learning process for the boy. Next time he is in the same scenario, he would react the way he did when he was in the EDS and scored the equalizer against Man Utd. Nacho picked up the ball and ran to the center line.

I know it is a learning process for him. The senior players do not deserve a stick for this.

That is what Yaya and his teammates are driving into Nacho's head. This is not about your teenage exploits but it is about the team.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.