Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,594 members, 7,850,999 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:01 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702947 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

Don't mind SiaOne, he just wants to go and expose our boys. It's too early for that. No gara gara joor. This was the same mistake our U20 team made that totally exposed them to the other teams, particularly the German team.

I like the idea of playing Brazil. We are behind in preparation and this will give Coach Siasia a quick understanding of how strong his team is. We already conquered Africa with this team. What would we gain playing African sides? That will mean delaying the next step.

It is time for the dream team to find the weak points of the team now and work on strengthening them before the Olympics. Note the tournament is months away.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

Don't mind SiaOne, he just wants to go and expose our boys. It's too early for that. No gara gara joor. This was the same mistake our U20 team made that totally exposed them to the other teams, particularly the German team.

Right on, those German clubs just allowed us to show our strenghts so their boys could stop us. Also we are not even going to play the real Brasilian team because Neymar is not going to be there.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
Chidera Ezeh's Debut for Porto under 19. He has a long way to go but he is just 18.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by justiz5(m): 6:09am On Feb 18, 2016
tbaba1234:
Chidera Ezeh's Debut for Porto under 19. He has a long way to go but he is just 18.

This guy's development seems so slow as compared to other members of his set.
That doesn't stop him to blossom later in his carrier anyway.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:38am On Feb 18, 2016
justiz5:

His development is not slow. He was one of the youngest in that set. He just turned 18 and signed an official contract in January that is why he is just playing with the under 19 in official games.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:58am On Feb 18, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian striker wanted in £8m deal
[/size]
Watford have targeted Granada striker Isaac Success for a summer swoop and potentially replace Odion Ighalo if the Nigerian is sold.

Isaac Success (Pictured below)

Reports of an impending deal between the two Pozzo family-owned clubs began in Nigeria but have now spread to Spain and Italy.

Success is expected to fetch at least £8million - a similar fee to the one Watford will pay Granada for Adalberto Penaranda in a deal that was agreed in January.

The Hornets have reportedly offered Success a four-year deal worth £20,000 a week, although the Nigerian is understood to want more - £50,000-a-week - to make the move.

The 20-year-old has scored only four La Liga goals for the struggling Spanish club this season but has shown signs of real promise in recent matches against Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/watford/nigerian-striker-wanted-in-8m-deal-1800247.html
[/b]

How I wish this deal will jst click.
I have so much believe in this guy called Success.A move to Watford might jst b dt break through dat he needs. Granada has stunted him for so long. He is a beast of a striker.

Goodluck to u boy.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:15am On Feb 18, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia to invite Arsenal’s Iwobi, Awoniyi for Brazil friendly
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/92/14/alex-iwobi-of-arsenal_s1bfqthy9d681qulfyhlvjsig.jpg?t=-389228383&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Shina Oludare

The Dream Team VI handler is keen on parading his best legs for the international friendly against A Seleção on March 24
Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has revealed plans to invite the duo of Alex Iwobi and Taiwo Awoniyi for next month’s international friendly against Brazil U23.

The Dream Team VI boss says he has limited time to prepare his boys for the 2016 Olympics, and will use the game against Rogério Micale’s side to help bring targeted players together and blend them ahead of the competition.

“We have barely six months to the Olympics and I want to ensure we play international friendly matches within the Fifa window between now and August,” Siasia told SportingLife.

“That way we can bring our targeted players to play together and blend well. But this can only be done if they play together frequently and against good opponents.”

Siasia is also KAA Gent forward Peter Olayinka and Tottenham’s Nathan Oduwa. Oduwa made 19 appearances for Glasgow Rangers before heading to the White Hart Lane.

Captain Azubuike Okechukwu, Victor Osimhen are likely to get an invite to prosecute the international friendly against the south Americans.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/02/15/20371162/siasia-to-invite-arsenals-iwobi-awoniyi-for-brazil-friendly?ICID=AR_RS_2
[/b]

Awoniyi. That guy is nt an U23 material to me. He should b left to focus on his club career and then feature at d next U20 WC and develop along with Osimhen, K Nwakali, Chukwueze, Chidera Eze, Awaziem, Sadiq Umar and co. Awoniyi IMHO opinion is nt even among our top 5 U23 CF.

I would personally raise questions if Awoniyi and Osimhem are invited ahead of Isaac Success, Imoh Ezekiel, Aaron Samuel, Chisom Chikatara and Junior Ajayi.

Siasia by now should know players he wants to invite for d Olympics. We should expect to c @ least 3 of the 5 strikers i listed above in that Brazil friendly.

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:17am On Feb 18, 2016
Neymar might still not be there when the olympics proper kicks off. He also has the copa america (celebrating their centennial anniversary).

Anyway, shaa.... Playing Brazil is not a bad idea. Just pray all goes well with Siasia and his preparatory plans.

BascoVanVeli:

Right on, those German clubs just allowed us to show our strenghts so their boys could stop us. Also we are not even going to play the real Brasilian team because Neymar is not going to be there.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:25am On Feb 18, 2016
This particular news report is not mere speculation or rumour. GRANADA TRULY WANT OUR SUCCESS.

It's all over the british media. Dailymail, Guardian and co. Lemme be the first to say in "super advance"......... Isaac "THE BEAST" Success, Welcome to the EPL........#smiles

Hopefully it becomes "truly official" by the time of the summer transfer window.

It would be awesome seeing THE BEAST AND THE ALIEN KID LOCK HORNS IN DA EPL..... AND show the world that Nigeria holds the future of World Soccer.

BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian striker wanted in £8m deal
[/size]
Watford have targeted Granada striker Isaac Success for a summer swoop and potentially replace Odion Ighalo if the Nigerian is sold.

Isaac Success (Pictured below)

Reports of an impending deal between the two Pozzo family-owned clubs began in Nigeria but have now spread to Spain and Italy.

Success is expected to fetch at least £8million - a similar fee to the one Watford will pay Granada for Adalberto Penaranda in a deal that was agreed in January.

The Hornets have reportedly offered Success a four-year deal worth £20,000 a week, although the Nigerian is understood to want more - £50,000-a-week - to make the move.

The 20-year-old has scored only four La Liga goals for the struggling Spanish club this season but has shown signs of real promise in recent matches against Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/watford/nigerian-striker-wanted-in-8m-deal-1800247.html
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:54am On Feb 18, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Neymar might still not be there when the olympics proper kicks off. He also has the copa america (celebrating their centennial anniversary).

Anyway, shaa.... Playing Brazil is not a bad idea. Just pray all goes well with Siasia and his preparatory plans.

Neymar has already made it known that he will be at the Olympics, it is the only competition Brasil has never won. The same people cheering this move will be the one's complaining that players and coaches don't get paid but now when we can cut costs nobody seems to like that but u can't have ur cake and eat it too. Doing the same thing over expecting to get a different result is insanity.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:03am On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Neymar has already made it known that he will be at the Olympics, it is the only competition Brasil has never won. The same people cheering this move will be the one's complaining that players and coaches don't get paid but now when we can cut costs nobody seems to like that but u can't have ur cake and eat it too. Doing the same thing over expecting to get a different result is insanity.

The team are African champions and the competition is close. Playing one of the top contenders for the title is the best preparation we can get. Do we want to save money or do we want Nigeria to win the Olympic medal in Men's football?

If the NFF pulls this off, then I doff my hat to them.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:31am On Feb 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The team are African champions and the competition is close. Playing one of the top contenders for the title is the best preparation we can get. Do we want to save money or do we want Nigeria to win the Olympic medal in Men's football?

If the NFF pulls this off, then I doff my hat to them.

We want to save money and also win. Which means being effecient and responsible. We won the ayc and crashed out at the wc while 2 other african teams made the semi finals and those were the teams who stayed home. So remember all this when u next want to complain about money owed. I rather get embarrassed on the pitch than in the newspapers.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:00am On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

We want to save money and also win. Which means being effecient and responsible. We won the ayc and crashed out at the wc while 2 other african teams made the semi finals and those were the teams who stayed home. So remember all this when u next want to complain about money owed. I rather get embarrassed on the pitch than in the newspapers.

Look at what you wrote above, does it not counter your point? We had a good team, we were African champions but we had poor preparations by not playing top friendlies and prepared in the wrong conditions.

Here you are, countering us going to the exact ground where we are going to play one of the strongest team in the exact weather. Sorry, there is no way you can spin this.

The NFF and Coach Siasia made a brilliant suggestion. I hope it materializes.

So you suggest we do not play top friendlies to know our weak points before the tournament. It seems you think the Olympic games is a joke.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Cut cost? We advocate adequate preparations and not jst cost cutting. I would rather that game be played anywhere in Europe; preferably in England. Most of our U23 hopefuls are in Europe. The few locally based ones can be arranged to Team-up with the Europe based ones. If we want to cut cost it should be on the number of officials, their family members and friends that will accompany the team.
Not in the name of cutting cost u take the team to one of those our bumpy pitches to face a West African neighbor putting the players at injury risks

If the game would be in England, after playing Brazil, the team can play any Lower League English Club side say abt 3 days after. Siasia has a large pool of players to select from so he needs lots of competitive friendly games to effectively select the best and prune down the Team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Look at what you wrote above, does it not counter your point? We had a good team, we were African champions but we had poor preparations by not playing top friendlies and prepared in the wrong conditions.

Here you are, countering us going to the exact ground where we are going to play one of the strongest team in the exact weather. Sorry, there is no way you can spin this.

The NFF and Coach Siasia made a brilliant suggestion. I hope it materializes.

So you suggest we do not play top friendlies to know our weak points before the tournament. It seems you think the Olympic games is a joke.

African teams are just as good especially at this level. There is nothing funny about that. European countries play each other mainly to build the strenght of the continent what has Nigeria done to help that quality in Africa. Playing in Alaska would not have helped us win that wc so stop that lie. Most european clubs come to Africa or go to Asia for a warm winter. Weather means nothing.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

African teams are just as good especially at this level. There is nothing funny about that. European countries play each other mainly to build the strenght of the continent what has Nigeria done to help that quality in Africa. Playing in Alaska would not have helped us win that wc so stop that lie. Most european clubs come to Africa or go to Asia for a warm winter. Weather means nothing.

Are you saying the African teams are coming to the tournament with the same rating?

Are you not the one that said let Brazil not disgrace us? Now you are saying just as good.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
Icon4s:

Cut cost? We advocate adequate preparations and not jst cost cutting. I would rather that game be played anywhere in Europe; preferably in England. Most of our U23 hopefuls are in Europe. The few locally based ones can be arranged to Team-up with the Europe based ones. If we want to cut cost it should be on the number of officials, their family members and friends that will accompany the team.
Not in the name of cutting cost u take the team to one of those our bumpy pitches to face a West African neighbor putting the players at injury risks

If the game would be in England, after playing Brazil, the team can play any Lower League English Club side say abt 3 days after. Siasia has a large pool of players to select from so he needs lots of competitive friendly games to effectively select the best and prune down the Team.

How do u know officials and their families travel with the team? That is heresay.

Logistically it would be easier to bring our players home because there would be no visa hitch.

There are some good fields in Africa also. We can play senior teams so i don't see what the fuss is. Brasil will never in a million year bring their real team in March so what are we really gaining here.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Are you saying the African teams are coming to the tournament with the same rating?

Are you not the one that said let Brazil not disgrace us? Now you are saying just as good.

Bros start reading and proof reading, i never said such.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Bros start reading and proof reading, i never said such.

Okay, it was BlackAlbino6. It does not change the fact that, a preparation at home is not close to the level of football our boys will face in Rio.

The friendly match is important if we plan to put up a good show.

As Icon4s put it, there are other means of cutting expenses. I do not think inadequate preparation is the ideal place to save cost.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

How do u know officials and their families travel with the team? That is heresay.

Logistically it would be easier to bring our players home because there would be no visa hitch.

There are some good fields in Africa also. We can play senior teams so i don't see what the fuss is. Brasil will never in a million year bring their real team in March so what are we really gaining here.

Do you remember the fall out between the Federal Government and the leaders of the NFF had due to the massive wastage of government funds during tourneys.

I even remember reading of the champagne lifestyle of NFF members during South Africa 2010. I agree reducing the number of delegates is a good proposal and there are other means to cut cost. Funny, the so called Government sponsored NFF is independent of government checks and balances, if not I believe just as different government bodies, their are leakages in the system that needs blockages.

Inadequate preparation is not the way.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Do you remember the fall out between the Federal Government and the leaders of the NFF had due to the massive wastage of government funds during tourneys.

I even remember reading of the champagne lifestyle of NFF members during South Africa 2010. I agree reducing the number of delegates is a good proposal and there are other means to cut cost. Funny, the so called Government sponsored NFF is independent of government checks and balances, if not I believe just as different government bodies, their are leakages in the system that needs blockages.

Inadequate preparation is not the way.

2010? That was a long time ago, unless u are saying the nff is still poppin bottles and for that u would need proof. I keep reminding u that this is a new nff anything from the past must be kept there. They have no money because of lack of sponsors and a down economy. Saying that preparing in Africa is inadequate is an insult to Africa as a continent. U mean in a whole Africa we can't find 10 teams capable of giving us a good run? I bet Mali would fly to prove they could have beat us and so would Algeria, Egypt and Senegal. These are not punk teams that we should feel superior to, they are our brothers and are capable of beating us, so why fly to Brasil for a match against their b team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Don't like it, rather play Ghana, Senegal or Mali. I have come of the opinion that leaving Nigeria for training or friendlies should be abolished till we can afford it. We should find cheaper but effective methods to get things done. Just like our U-20 should have just stayed home and trained in Jos against any top flight teams they had wanted.
Basco common man, which African teams? Are we going to AFCON or Olympics? Same teams we competed against in the CAF U23 Championship a couple of months ago. Remember we lifted the trophy and these teams were present in the tournament(Senegal and Mali).

I am ok with the friendly and we even need more of it. Rio olympics is how many months away? 5 or 6 months. We need qualitive friendlies to access our team not brute force, strength with kick and run football teams in Africa play. We need to play against technically and tactically sound teams(friendly) cos these are the type of opponents that await us in Rio.

This match is just a one-day event to be played in either Brazil or Nigeria. This is completely different from the U20 scenario. Remember the brazilian U20 team defeated us 4-2 in the Fifa U20 championship, they will parade some of their U20 boys likewise team Nigeria.

We need this type of preparatory matches not matches against team Ghana dat couldn't even qualify for the Caf championship.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
Badosqi:
Basco common man, which African teams? Are we going to AFCON or Olympics? Same teams we competed against in the CAF U23 Championship a couple of months ago. Remember we lifted the trophy and these teams were present in the tournament(Senegal and Mali).

I am ok with the friendly and we even need more of it. Rio olympics is how many months away? 5 or 6 months. We need qualitive friendlies to access our team not brute force, strength with kick and run football teams in Africa play. We need to play against technically and tactically sound teams(friendly) cos these are the type of opponents that await us in Rio.

This match is just a one-day event to be played in either Brazil or Nigeria. This is completely different from the U20 scenario. Remember the brazilian U20 team defeated us 4-2 in the Fifa U20 championship, they will parade some of their U20 boys likewise team Nigeria.

We need this type of preparatory matches not matches against team Ghana dat couldn't even qualify for the Caf championship.

I rather play a fully loaded and revenge bent Senegal than play Brasil's B team. To me it is more than cost cutting, it is about saying African teams are just as good. U don't see any foriegn teams begging us to play them but yet we run to them when we could be exposing our own. Who would have figured Uganda could beat us but it happened and now they have a higher status thanks in part to us. To me Nigerian pride is holding African football back. We should be leading by example.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Badosqi(m): 8:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I rather play a fully loaded and revenge bent Senegal than play Brasil's B team. To me it is more than cost cutting, it is about saying African teams are just as good. U don't see any foriegn teams begging us to play them but yet we run to them when we could be exposing our own. Who would have figured Uganda could beat us but it happened and now they have a higher status thanks in part to us. To me Nigerian pride is holding African football back. We should be leading by example.
Good......... Let me get this straight you will be happy if the super eagles play their preparatory matches against African teams like Tunisia, South Africa, Gabon, Cape verde etc for the 2018 fifa world cup b4 jetting of to Moscow. Why? because you need to cut cost and also carry others along (to help other Africans- you said it)........

How is Nigerian football holding Africa back

I used the Super Eagles since the U-23 is next to the senior team. And the 2 competitions are against world teams.

We have no business "Revengeful Senegal". They had their chance at the Caf U-23 championship and they ruined it.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Playing different teams exposes you to different styles and tells you the level you are at. Also, Nigeria might be getting paid for the friendly depending on the organizers.

There is not much to gain from playing african teams at this point. Nigeria struggled against the technique of the germans at the last under 20 because we were unprepared for it (plus Manu Garba did not use his strongest side.)

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
Thank you for pointing out the "bolded".

tbaba1234:

Playing different teams exposes you to different styles and tells you the level you are at. Also, Nigeria might be getting paid for the friendly depending on the organizers.

There is not much to gain from playing african teams at this point. Nigeria struggled against the technique of the germans at the last under 20 because we were unprepared for it plus Manu Garba did not use his strongest side

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

2010? That was a long time ago, unless u are saying the nff is still poppin bottles and for that u would need proof. I keep reminding u that this is a new nff anything from the past must be kept there. They have no money because of lack of sponsors and a down economy. Saying that preparing in Africa is inadequate is an insult to Africa as a continent. U mean in a whole Africa we can't find 10 teams capable of giving us a good run? I bet Mali would fly to prove they could have beat us and so would Algeria, Egypt and Senegal. These are not punk teams that we should feel superior to, they are our brothers and are capable of beating us, so why fly to Brasil for a match against their b team.

Who is insulting African teams? Are you saying African football is on par with Brazilian football? It is inadequate because in this tourney, we will go as the African champions. Training in the same scenario we conquered is not a step forward but backwards.

Also you keep saying this is a new NFF as if we magically overhauled the NFF. It is a new leadership but the same players. For instance, Chris Green is still there. Is he part of the new or old NFF you are talking about?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

And you honestly believe Playing Mali, Egypt, Algeria is good enough for us to play the different brand of football from Europe and South America. A tournament that will boast of highly experienced players from top teams in Europe and South America.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
Badosqi:
Good......... Let me get this straight you will be happy if the super eagles play their preparatory matches against African teams like Tunisia, South Africa, Gabon, Cape verde etc for the 2018 fifa world cup b4 jetting of to Moscow. Why? because you need to cut cost and also carry others along (to help other Africans- you said it)........

How is Nigerian football holding Africa back

I used the Super Eagles since the U-23 is next to the senior team. And the 2 competitions are against world teams.

We have no business "Revengeful Senegal". They had their chance at the Caf U-23 championship and they ruined it.

First of all, this proposed match is not even a month before the competition it is next month and that would mean our best must not be there knowing that we need them for Egypt. I don't mind playing them a week before the games but this plan seems rushed.

I strongly believe that we can get top class matches at all levels in Africa. Nigeria is the man united of Africa and any African team playing us will treat it like a final. I said a revenge to show u the mass appeal of playing Senegal. I say we are holding Africa back because we refuse them that chance. What good are we to Africa if we don't let other teams get a shot at us. How many European teams go out of continent for friendlies not even Asia.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
tbaba1234:

There is not much to gain from playing african teams at this point. Nigeria struggled against the technique of the germans at the last under 20 because we were unprepared for it (plus Manu Garba did not use his strongest side.)

This is not Brasil's main team we are not getting paid. I hope u people know what u are implying with ur arguement and that is that no African coach is as smart as his foriegn counterpart and that no African team can compare as well. I respectfully have to say that opinion is bogus. Nigeria wasn't even at the afcon so how can we say who is good or not. Even Siasia admitted we got lucky in Senegal so why are we acting all superior?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

This is not Brasil's main team we are not getting paid. I hope u people know what u are implying with ur arguement and that is that no African coach is as smart as his foriegn counterpart and that no African team can compare as well. I respectfully have to say that opinion is bogus. Nigeria wasn't even at the afcon so how can we say who is good or not. Even Siasia admitted we got lucky in Senegal so why are we acting all superior?

No one is implying smart as, but different brands of football. The approach to professionalism of the game. Brazil is hosting the tournament and they want this title. So it will be the right team to play to test other weak points of the team.

It is better to do this now, and not close to when the tournament will kick off because Coach Siasia needs time to fix our weak points.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.