Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,463 members, 7,850,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702835 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I'm sorry did they kick the ball for him? He makes his fair share of assists he even gave Aguero one which he misshandled. A team is like a family, u back each other up no matter right or wrong, what i would have done was hug him and drag him along.

How can they offer him a hug when they want to get on with the game and the boy is at the corner flag celebrating his goal.

The reason why the team did not celebrate with him is because Nacho had a different mentality from the Cityzens.

The team wanted to restart the game as quickly as possible and he wanted to celebrate what meant little to the team.

Tottenham used to be our whipping boys. Now we should celebrate an equaliser against them.

Let the boy learn that the team wants more than that. It is not about him but the team.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia says Dream Team to face Brazil in friendly
[/size]

Nigeria vs Brazil at the 2015 U20 World Cup in New Zealand

Coach Samson Siasia has disclosed the Nigeria Olympic team, Dream Team VI, will face Brazil in a friendly next month as part of their preparations for the Rio Olympics.

“We are working on a friendly against Brazil for next month, we will get more details about this game next week,” said Siasia.

The match was earlier scheduled for last year in London, but was later shelved after the Nigeria Olympic team complained it was too close to the U23 AFCON in Senegal.

Nigeria eventually won the U23 AFCON in December to qualify for the Rio Olympics in Brazil in August.

Nigeria, inspired by skipper Nwankwo Kanu, beat Brazil 4-3 in a pulsating semi-final to reach the final of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics on their way to clinching a historic Gold.

Five-time world champions Brazil are yet to win Olympic soccer Gold.
http://africanfootball.com/news/611991/Siasia-says-Dream-Team-to-face-Brazil-in-friendly
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
[size=14pt]
Exclusive : Sani Emmanuel In Talks With Latvian Club FK Jelgava
[/size]

Ex-Nigeria youth international Sani Emmanuel is in talks with Latvian Virsliga side FK Jelgava regarding a contract.

Now 23, Emmanuel has been a free agent since his departure from Oskarshamns AIK and will be hoping to bag a deal with FK Jelgava after falling off the radar.

The My People FC product represented the Primavera team of Lazio, Salernitana, FC Biel-Bienne and Beitar Jerusalem before popping up in Sweden in March 2015.

FK Jelgava pay the wages of former Flying Eagles midfielder Kennedy Eriba and ex-Enyimba striker Ismail Musa.

They currently occupy the fourth position on the table after 24 rounds.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17935

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
[size=14pt]
Updated - Exclusive : CSKA Moscow Clinch Loan Signing Of Aaron Samuel
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Aaron Samuel has passed his medical examination with CSKA Moscow, and this paved the way for the Super Eagles frontman to complete his long-awaited move to the Russian Premier League club.

The Guangzhou R&F star and his intermediary Atta Aneke, who has been in Marbella, Spain since Sunday, had a meeting with a CSKA Moscow director on Tuesday afternoon.

Shortly before 1600 hours Nigerian time, Samuel finally appended his signature to the contract after he went through the document with his agent for the last time.

The 21-year-old will remain on loan at CSKA Moscow until May 31, 2016, with the club having the option of acquiring him on a permanent basis in the summer.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17934

2 Likes

[size=14pt]
Moses Simon Passed Fit To Face Wolfsburg In Champions League
[/size]

Moses Simon is poised to make his fourth Champions League appearance this season when Belgian champs KAA Gent welcome Wolfsburg to the Ghelamco Arena on Wednesday night in a round of 16 tie.

The Super Eagles star practiced without any limitation on Monday and was involved in the team’s final training session on Tuesday morning.

Simon got injured in the 28th minute of the Pro League game with Royal Mouscron-Péruwelz and had to be replaced in order not to aggravate the injury.

Furthers tests after the match revealed that the exciting winger only suffered a slight knock.

New signing Peter Olayinka is definitely ruled out of the encounter against the Bundesliga side due to an ankle injury.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17933

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
[size=14pt]
Dream Team Defender Mustapha Abdullahi Fails To Bag Legia Warsaw Contract
[/size]

Nigeria U23 international Mustapha Abdullahi will have to continue his search for a European club after an unsuccessful trial with Polish powerhouse Legia Warsaw.

The ex-Flying Eagles star trained with Legia Warsaw for two weeks and took part in friendly matches with the Reserve Team.

After Saturday’s test game between the reserves and Jagiellonia Bialystok II, the decision makers at The Militarians decided against offering Mustapha Abdullahi a contract.

That verdict will be a big blow to the full-back who was named the Man of the Match in the friendly against Lech Poznan II.

Abdullahi recently trained with 2 Bundesliga side Arminia Bielefeld but nothing came out of it.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17928

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
[size=14pt]
Confirmed : Aalesund To Pocket Two Million Euros From Sale Of Leke James
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com can confirm that Norwegian Tippeligaen side Aalesund FK will pocket two million euros from the sale of Leke James to Beijing Enterprises Group.

James, 23, has ended speculation about his future by penning a three-year deal with the Chinese League One team.

With his former agreement with AaFK set to expire in December 2016, the Color Line Stadium outfit have recouped all their previous investment in the player.

Leke James started off his career with Bridge Boys before transferring to Aalesund in January 2012.

He started training with his new teammates at Beijing Enterprises Group on Monday and will wear the number 14 kit for the upcoming season.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17930

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Olulayo: Brazil friendly a good test of character
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/b4/b/seun-olulayo_au34ffde93t613uxsh7zofkdq.jpg?t=-2110536711&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Shina Oludare

The youth international says playing against A Seleção will be a welcome challenge for his side, who are seeking a second Olympics football glory
Nigeria U23 defender Seun Olulayo says that the upcoming friendly with Brazil will be a good test of character as they begin preparations for the 2016 Olympics games billed for Rio.

The Dream Team VI are billed to face Rogério Micale’s side in either Nigeria or Brazil on March 24.

Olulayo said that he is looking forward to the game against the Olympics hosts, and that the game who give his teammates a sign of what to expect when the competition begins.

“Playing against Brazil will be a good test for us, especially in terms of physical power," Olulayo told Goal.

“Kudos must be given to the Nigeria Football Federation and coach [Samson] Siasia for plotting this game.

“We have to be positive. Playing against one of the best team in the world will be a good experience.

“I have been training very hard on a daily basis and can’t wait for the camp to open soon. I have spoken to some of my teammates on this game and we're expecting a much more difficult game which is different from the African U23 tournament.

The Sunshine Stars player feels that the African champions can conquer the world in Rio de Janeiro.

“I want to win [the Olympics],” he continued. “When we went to the U23 Africa Nations Cup, I believed we would win and we did that in style.

“We can rule the world as well. That is my simple confidence. I know it will shock the whole world if we do it but that is what life is about, shocking those who think you cannot achieve a certain goal,” he concluded.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/02/14/20343422/olulayo-brazil-friendly-a-good-test-of-character?ICID=HP_TS_3
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia to invite Arsenal’s Iwobi, Awoniyi for Brazil friendly
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/92/14/alex-iwobi-of-arsenal_s1bfqthy9d681qulfyhlvjsig.jpg?t=-389228383&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Shina Oludare

The Dream Team VI handler is keen on parading his best legs for the international friendly against A Seleção on March 24
Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has revealed plans to invite the duo of Alex Iwobi and Taiwo Awoniyi for next month’s international friendly against Brazil U23.

The Dream Team VI boss says he has limited time to prepare his boys for the 2016 Olympics, and will use the game against Rogério Micale’s side to help bring targeted players together and blend them ahead of the competition.

“We have barely six months to the Olympics and I want to ensure we play international friendly matches within the Fifa window between now and August,” Siasia told SportingLife.

“That way we can bring our targeted players to play together and blend well. But this can only be done if they play together frequently and against good opponents.”

Siasia is also KAA Gent forward Peter Olayinka and Tottenham’s Nathan Oduwa. Oduwa made 19 appearances for Glasgow Rangers before heading to the White Hart Lane.

Captain Azubuike Okechukwu, Victor Osimhen are likely to get an invite to prosecute the international friendly against the south Americans.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/02/15/20371162/siasia-to-invite-arsenals-iwobi-awoniyi-for-brazil-friendly?ICID=AR_RS_2
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

How can they offer him a hug when they want to get on with the game and the boy is at the corner flag celebrating his goal.

The reason why the team did not celebrate with him is because Nacho had a different mentality from the Cityzens.

The team wanted to restart the game as quickly as possible and he wanted to celebrate what meant little to the team.

Tottenham used to be our whipping boys. Now we should celebrate an equaliser against them.

Let the boy learn that the team wants more than that. It is not about him but the team.

U and this team should loosen up, i just can't see Neymar or Messi playing with this bunch. I am totally in surport with his action with respect for ur opinion.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

U and this team should loosen up, i just can't see Neymar or Messi playing with this bunch. I am totally in surport with his action with respect for ur opinion.

If Barcelona was playing Celta Vigo, Celta Vigo took the lead and Messi scored in the 75th minute. Do you think Messi or Neymar will go to the corner and take time to celebrate their goals.

The Cityzens had the mindset of players who wanted to win their game. Just like the Gunners were. Nacho should develop this mindset.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Olulayo: Brazil friendly a good test of character
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/b4/b/seun-olulayo_au34ffde93t613uxsh7zofkdq.jpg?t=-2110536711&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Shina Oludare

The youth international says playing against A Seleção will be a welcome challenge for his side, who are seeking a second Olympics football glory
Nigeria U23 defender Seun Olulayo says that the upcoming friendly with Brazil will be a good test of character as they begin preparations for the 2016 Olympics games billed for Rio.

The Dream Team VI are billed to face Rogério Micale’s side in either Nigeria or Brazil on March 24.

Olulayo said that he is looking forward to the game against the Olympics hosts, and that the game who give his teammates a sign of what to expect when the competition begins.

“Playing against Brazil will be a good test for us, especially in terms of physical power," Olulayo told Goal.

“Kudos must be given to the Nigeria Football Federation and coach [Samson] Siasia for plotting this game.

“We have to be positive. Playing against one of the best team in the world will be a good experience.

“I have been training very hard on a daily basis and can’t wait for the camp to open soon. I have spoken to some of my teammates on this game and we're expecting a much more difficult game which is different from the African U23 tournament.

The Sunshine Stars player feels that the African champions can conquer the world in Rio de Janeiro.

“I want to win [the Olympics],” he continued. “When we went to the U23 Africa Nations Cup, I believed we would win and we did that in style.

“We can rule the world as well. That is my simple confidence. I know it will shock the whole world if we do it but that is what life is about, shocking those who think you cannot achieve a certain goal,” he concluded.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/02/14/20343422/olulayo-brazil-friendly-a-good-test-of-character?ICID=HP_TS_3
[/b]

Don't like it, rather play Ghana, Senegal or Mali. I have come of the opinion that leaving Nigeria for training or friendlies should be abolished till we can afford it. We should find cheaper but effective methods to get things done. Just like our U-20 should have just stayed home and trained in Jos against any top flight teams they had wanted.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If Barcelona was playing Celta Vigo, Celta Vigo took the lead and Messi scored in the 75th minute. Do you think Messi or Neymar will go to the corner and take time to celebrate their goals.

The Cityzens had the mindset of players who wanted to win their game. Just like the Gunners were. Nacho should develop this mindset.

bros i saw the game he took 30 to 45 seconds tops, it's not like he's the defender and he was never at the corner. So now that they selected to go line up what happened wasn't it still 2-1 against them? Fact is they didnt allow the moment to take over them and that was purely Iheanacho's reason for celebrating he even said he thought the goal had changed the match. Shoot i also thought so.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

bros i saw the game he took 30 to 45 seconds tops, it's not like he's the defender and he was never at the corner. So now that they selected to go line up what happened wasn't it still 2-1 against them? Fact is they didnt allow the moment to take over them and that was purely Iheanacho's reason for celebrating he even said he thought the goal had changed the match. Shoot i also thought so.

That 45 seconds was enough time for the team to get back. Do you think it would have been 45 seconds if other players joined him?

I also thought we were going to turn the game around but I did not expect such celebration because of it. That was not a time to celebrate but to get the game restarted. It is as simple as that. No matter the reason for his celebration, that was not the time for that.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is with the overrated toga of patriotism that I see people defend Kelechi's action in Nigeria. I'm just happy that he won't be listening to them, else his career will be cut short. The players would just gang up against him and shut him out. You do not lift yourself above the good of the team.

I'm very glad he won't attend to their poisonous support.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That 45 seconds was enough time for the team to get back. Do you think it would have been 45 seconds if other players joined him?

I also thought we were going to turn the game around but I did not expect such celebration because of it. That was not a time to celebrate but to get the game restarted. It is as simple as that. No matter the reason for his celebration, that was not the time for that.

Where did it go bad pumping his fist at the crowd or kneeling down and pointing to God? Like i said lighten up.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
joseph1013:

It is with the overrated toga of patriotism that I see people defend Kelechi's action in Nigeria. I'm just happy that he won't be listening to them, else his career will be cut short. The players would just gang up against him and shut him out. You do not lift yourself above the good of the team.

Earth to guy he doesn't listen to any of us. We are just people on the internet gistin about a common topic, no need for childish personal attacks. It is a matter of opinion, what's next, do u want my address so u can come beat me up? Lolz
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Where did it go bad pumping his fist at the crowd or kneeling down and pointing to God? Like i said lighten up.

It went bad when he headed towards the corner flag. That was the wrong direction. Watch Nacho's EDS reaction when he equalised against Man Utd. That is what his teammates/team big brothers want from him.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2016
joseph1013:

It was a big deal for Nacho and it was not a big deal for the team. Nacho is a fast learner. He now knows Man City hardly celebrates equalizers.

Yaya and co. will explain it to him and I do not see this happening again. He knows his big brothers love him.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Earth to guy he doesn't listen to any of us. We are just people on the internet gistin about a common topic, no need for childish personal attacks. It is a matter of opinion, what's next, do u want my address so u can come beat me up? Lolz

Fortunately for Kelechi, he has been shown to listen to his senior team mates. Toure, Sagna, Zabaleta, Aguero, Clichy, amongst a few. It is for this reason that Man City legend, Paul Dickov, predicts that Guardiola will love him.

Hear him: "I think he could be a top, top player," he said. "The thing I like the most is the humility he's got. For a young kid coming through, he scored his hat trick against Villa and when you listen to his interviews after, or any interviews he's done, he's very mature for his age off the pitch and it also shows on the pitch. If you speak to people at the club they say he's a hard worker who wants to learn all the time and he's always asking questions.

Pep will be watching Iheanacho and will be excited about the prospect of managing him"

Can you see why I am confident he won't listen to those of you who think he should ignore the reasons the other players did not follow him to the other end of the field to celebrate?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
joseph1013:

Fortunately for Kelechi, he has been shown to listen to his senior team mates. Toure, Sagna, Zabaleta, Aguero, Clichy, amongst a few. It is for this reason that Man City legend, Paul Dickov, predicts that Guardiola will love him.

Hear him: "I think he could be a top, top player," he said. "The thing I like the most is the humility he's got. For a young kid coming through, he scored his hat trick against Villa and when you listen to his interviews after, or any interviews he's done, he's very mature for his age off the pitch and it also shows on the pitch. If you speak to people at the club they say he's a hard worker who wants to learn all the time and he's always asking questions.

Pep will be watching Iheanacho and will be excited about the prospect of managing him"

Can you see why I am confident he won't listen to those of you who think he should ignore the reasons the other players did not follow him to the other end of the field to celebrate?

i don't expect him to be making any visits to this page, why would you expect him to take advice from people he doesn't even know? Keep advising i guess it will reach him some day.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

i don't expect him to be making any visits to this page, why would you expect him to take advice from people he doesn't even know? Keep advising i guess it will reach him some day.

Out of point! Endeavor to read any comment you are responding to. Saves you the trouble of regurgitating rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
joseph1013:

Out of point! Endeavor to read any comment you are responding to. Saves you the trouble of regurgitating rhetoric.
I'm sorry is there a test coming up on ur comment? But anyhow sha this is what i responded to.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:08pm On Feb 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I'm sorry is there a test coming up on ur comment? But anyhow sha this is what i responded to.

You obviously couldn't comprehend my comment. It's allowed.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:00am On Feb 17, 2016
terzurum5:
[size=14pt]
Updated - Exclusive : CSKA Moscow Clinch Loan Signing Of Aaron Samuel
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Aaron Samuel has passed his medical examination with CSKA Moscow, and this paved the way for the Super Eagles frontman to complete his long-awaited move to the Russian Premier League club.

The Guangzhou R&F star and his intermediary Atta Aneke, who has been in Marbella, Spain since Sunday, had a meeting with a CSKA Moscow director on Tuesday afternoon.

Shortly before 1600 hours Nigerian time, Samuel finally appended his signature to the contract after he went through the document with his agent for the last time.

The 21-year-old will remain on loan at CSKA Moscow until May 31, 2016, with the club having the option of acquiring him on a permanent basis in the summer.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17934

Aaron Samuel. Good for him. Siasia and Oliseh have repeatedly ignored this "Junior Emenike" probably bc he is in d Chinese league.
If this lad is evetually invited to d U23 team IMHO Isaac Success' chances as the main front man would b threatened. We saw what he was capable of during his short spell under Keshi. Remembering the goal he scored against Congo in Brazaville in 2014.
Welcome to Europe and welcome back to d national teams boy.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:41am On Feb 17, 2016
joseph1013:

You obviously couldn't comprehend my comment. It's allowed.

This not a competition grow up and learn to have a mature convo without name calling and other nonsense. On this topic i am done. I guess i should only comment when i agree with u.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Don't like it, rather play Ghana, Senegal or Mali. I have come of the opinion that leaving Nigeria for training or friendlies should be abolished till we can afford it. We should find cheaper but effective methods to get things done. Just like our U-20 should have just stayed home and trained in Jos against any top flight teams they had wanted.

Don't mind SiaOne, he just wants to go and expose our boys. It's too early for that. No gara gara joor. This was the same mistake our U20 team made that totally exposed them to the other teams, particularly the German team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
It was tough to quit Europe for China admits Leke James
[/size]

Leke James.

Nigeria striker Leke James has revealed to AfricanFootball.com it was a difficult decision for him to quit Norwegian club Aalesund to move to Beijing Enterprises Group FC in China.

The Kaduna born striker said Norway has been a home as Aalesund were like with his family as they were United.

"It was not easy for me to leave Aalesund. We are like a family at the club, leaving Norway reminded me of when I was leaving Nigeria for Europe. It wasn't easy, but it was a decision I needed to take. I say thank you to the club and the fans, I will truly miss them," James told AfricanFootball.com

"I am now with the team in Turkey for the pre-season. I now look forward to scoring goals and win things with my new club."

He signed a-three-year-deal with Beijing Enterprises Group FC for a fee of two million Euros.

The-23-year-old striker has been a consistent goal scorer for Aalesund and scored 37 goals in 89 league games.

By Olusola Alao
http://africanfootball.com//news/612324/It-was-tough-to-quit-Europe-for-China-admits-Leke-James
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian striker wanted in £8m deal
[/size]
Watford have targeted Granada striker Isaac Success for a summer swoop and potentially replace Odion Ighalo if the Nigerian is sold.

Isaac Success (Pictured below)

Reports of an impending deal between the two Pozzo family-owned clubs began in Nigeria but have now spread to Spain and Italy.

Success is expected to fetch at least £8million - a similar fee to the one Watford will pay Granada for Adalberto Penaranda in a deal that was agreed in January.

The Hornets have reportedly offered Success a four-year deal worth £20,000 a week, although the Nigerian is understood to want more - £50,000-a-week - to make the move.

The 20-year-old has scored only four La Liga goals for the struggling Spanish club this season but has shown signs of real promise in recent matches against Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/watford/nigerian-striker-wanted-in-8m-deal-1800247.html
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2016
Icon4s:

Aaron Samuel. Good for him. Siasia and Oliseh have repeatedly ignored this "Junior Emenike" probably bc he is in d Chinese league.
If this lad is evetually invited to d U23 team IMHO Isaac Success' chances as the main front man would b threatened. We saw what he was capable of during his short spell under Keshi. Remembering the goal he scored against Congo in Brazaville in 2014.
Welcome to Europe and welcome back to d national teams boy.
Its like Oliseh doesn't like Chinese products. Chinese products no de last. gringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
[size=14pt]
Maccabi Haifa Hand Trial To Frank Sunday
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that Israeli Premier League team Maccabi Haifa have handed a trial to promising Nigerian teenager Frank Sunday.

The central defender has already passed a medical examination on arrival in Israel, pavying the way for him to start his tests with the first-team of The Greens.

If Frank Sunday impresses coach manager Ronny Levy, he will be offered a long-term deal which will start running in the summer.

A product of Hill Football Club, Akwa Ibom, the 19-year-old was scouted by a Nigerian-based agency owned by an Israeli before he was recommended to Maccabi Haifa.

Emmanuel Abuma King penned a four-year contract with Maccabi Haifa in the winter transfer market.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17943

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Deyinbo: 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.