Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,587 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697014 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:53am On Mar 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

What are ur other options? Good luck with Kwambe.

Efe Ambrose, Leon Balogun, Shehu Abdulahi.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:10am On Mar 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If he outperforms our other defenders in training, then he deserves the starting line up. That is one of the mistakes coaches make. Most times, the talented ones progress the teams and the experienced ones pull the team back.

If he is good enough, Awaziem is old enough to start.

You should also know that training conditions are usually different from match day conditions. A coach will naturally want to start with a centre back pair the team has been used to especially in a very crutial game.

U know how long it took for the FC Porto coaches to feature Awaziem in a position as critical as the centre back. He started with a Cup game against a very weak opposition.

The defensive job is nt all abt which player out shines on the training ground.It is abt Organisation and co-ordination, and ability of each player to cover for each other.

We are all coaches in our own different ways. Bt if I am d Super Eagles coach, a centre back pairing of Omeruo and Ambrose/Balogun will do d job for me.

Let's even talk abt Awaziem's chances of being called up first.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Petrobros: 8:08am On Mar 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:
I don't think we have to wait for Musa Mohamed to become a regular in his club, cuz from wat i can see he is our best option for both super eagles and u-23.

From what you can see. See from where?

What are the bases of this ur assertion?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Petrobros: 8:10am On Mar 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

What are ur other options? Good luck with Kwambe.

Are you Saying Solomon Kwambe is the only Super Eagles Right back you know?

When last did you even watch a Super Eagles game?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:28am On Mar 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

That's why Nigeria should get him first. Germany has many options.

Actually Germany doesn't have that many options, they are even waiting on fifa to allow them use Rafinha who is a Brasilian.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:30am On Mar 03, 2016
Icon4s:

Efe Ambrose, Leon Balogun, Shehu Abdulahi.

Efe and Leon have played central back lately and Shehu to me was not that impressive.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:41am On Mar 03, 2016
Petrobros:

Are you Saying Solomon Kwambe is the only Super Eagles Right back you know?
When last did you even watch a Super Eagles game?
It was 1965 and they were called the green eagles, fun times.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:53am On Mar 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Efe and Leon have played central back lately and Shehu to me was not that impressive.

Efe or Balogun plays Right back and one of them joins Omeruo at centre back. It is as simple as that. We dnt have problems selecting our defenders. Where I think the challenge lies most is the central attacking midfielder (number 10).
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2016
**more fun times** #smiles

Uhmm..... Was Nigeria's senior national soccer/football team called "the Green Eagles" in 1965?

**think well ooo** #laughs

BascoVanVeli:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:59am On Mar 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

grin I think what he actually implied is since after Solomon Kwambe was experimented at Right back years back, Efe Ambrose, Leon Balogun and recently Shehu Abdulahi have been played in that position. So we do not lack right back options.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:09am On Mar 03, 2016
Icon4s:

grin I think what he actually implied is since after Solomon Kwambe was experimented at Right back years back, Efe Ambrose, Leon Balogun and recently Shehu Abdulahi have been played in that position. So we do not lack right back options.
Nope he implied being a genius and tryed to show out. Kwambe played against Swaziland and that was not years back. I feel Leon and Kwambe should be left at central back that was to me one of the few good things Oliseh did. Shehu is the only option as of now but he doesn't dazzle.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:18am On Mar 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
**more fun times** #smiles

Uhmm..... Was Nigeria's senior national soccer/football team called "the Green Eagles" in 1965?

**think well ooo** #laughs

lol i was being sarcastic o. Or do u think i'm that old?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:25am On Mar 03, 2016
Icon4s:

Efe or Balogun plays Right back and one of them joins Omeruo at centre back. It is as simple as that. We dnt have problems selecting our defenders. Where I think the challenge lies most is the central attacking midfielder (number 10).

No, Leon is the only option in that regards or do u forget that Efe was horrible at right back. Musa is the total package right now he is our best set piece taker and don't forget gis crosses are to die for. He is also familiar with Iheanacho who should play 10 smiley.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:32am On Mar 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Nope he implied being a genius and tryed to show out. Kwambe played against Swaziland and that was not years back. I feel [b]Leon and Kwambe should be left at central back [/b]that was to me one of the few good things Oliseh did. Shehu is the only option as of now but he doesn't dazzle.

U prefer Kwambe ahead of Omeruo at Centre back? Why?

Efe Ambrose did creditably well in the last 2 matches he was featured as Centre back. Efe is a natural Centre back.

U can see we are easily discussing our Right and centre back options. This negates your first assertion that Musa Mohammed is our best right back option.

Don't get me wrong on these youngsters. When a player is good I say a player is good, when a player is talented I say a player is talented but When I feel a player is not ripe our not a best option for a particular position or *is not there yet* grin I also say so. Musa Mohammed should keep working hard. His time is coming. Looking at the available options we have as right backs Musa Mohammed would have to up his game to displace them.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:32am On Mar 03, 2016
Hahahahaha..... I got the sarcasm....#smiles
I was just being playful too. Of course I know you're not "Methuselah" #winks
Was just trying to point out another funny side. #laughs.
BascoVanVeli:
lol i was being sarcastic o. Or do u think i'm that old?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:38am On Mar 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

No, Leon is the only option in that regards or do u forget that Efe was horrible at right back. Musa is the total package right now [b]he is our best set piece taker [/b]and don't forget gis crosses are to die for. He is also familiar with Iheanacho who should play 10 smiley.

Efe was horrible at right back?

Do u know Efe started as a centre back for the Super Eagles during Siasia's first tenure and was converted to right back by Keshi when we lacked a quality Right back.

Do you know Efe Ambrose was in the CAF11 of the 2013 AFCON? Source:http://thenet.ng/2013/02/afcon-2013-mikel-enyeama-others-make-cafs-best-xi/

Efe Ambrose has been adjudged by numerous sports analyst to be among the best Nigerian players that have ever played that Right back.

Musa Mohammed our best set-piece taker? shocked Has he even played for the national team that you conclude he is our best set-piece taker?
I know you are making reference to his performance at U17 level. Has he been taking those set-pieces at his club?

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Petrobros: 9:53am On Mar 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Nope he implied being a genius and tryed to show out. Kwambe played against Swaziland and that was not years back. I feel Leon and Kwambe should be left at central back that was to me one of the few good things Oliseh did. Shehu is the only option as of now but he doesn't dazzle.

Hahahaha which Kwambe played against Swaziland?

See the full list of players that prosecuted the 2 legs against Swaziland:

THE FULL LIST
Goalkeepers: Carl Ikeme (Wolverhampton Wanderers, England); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Sunshine Stars); Dele Alampasu (Club de Sportivo Feirense, Portugal)

Defenders: Abdullahi Shehu (Uniao da Madeira, Portugal); Kalu Orji (Enugu Rangers FC); Elderson Echiejile (AS Monaco, France); Chima Akas (Sharks FC); Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz, Germany); Godfrey Oboabona (Caykur Rizespor, Turkey); Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland); Austin Oboroakpo (Abia Warriors)

Midfielders: Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); Paul Onobi (Sunshine Stars); John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Rabiu Ibrahim (AS Trencin, Slovakia); Wilfred Ndidi (KRC Genk, Belgium); Sylvester Igbonu (FC UFA, Russia)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium); Odion Ighalo (Watford FC, England); Ezekiel Bassey (Enyimba FC); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Obafemi Martins (Seattle Sounders, USA); Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City, England)

source:http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/oliseh-releases-full-squad-list-for.html

SO SHOW ME SOLOMON KWAMBE NAME FOR THEIR.

You just woke up and just concluded Musa Mohammed is our best choice for Right Back.

We have options aplenty at right back: Balogun, Ambrose, Shehu, Odubanjo. All of whom I feel are ahead of Musa Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:04am On Mar 03, 2016
Petrobros:

Hahahaha which Kwambe played against Swaziland?

See the full list of players that prosecuted the 2 legs against Swaziland:

THE FULL LIST
Goalkeepers: Carl Ikeme (Wolverhampton Wanderers, England); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Sunshine Stars); Dele Alampasu (Club de Sportivo Feirense, Portugal)

Defenders: Abdullahi Shehu (Uniao da Madeira, Portugal); Kalu Orji (Enugu Rangers FC); Elderson Echiejile (AS Monaco, France); Chima Akas (Sharks FC); Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz, Germany); Godfrey Oboabona (Caykur Rizespor, Turkey); Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland); Austin Oboroakpo (Abia Warriors)

Midfielders: Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); Paul Onobi (Sunshine Stars); John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Rabiu Ibrahim (AS Trencin, Slovakia); Wilfred Ndidi (KRC Genk, Belgium); Sylvester Igbonu (FC UFA, Russia)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium); Odion Ighalo (Watford FC, England); Ezekiel Bassey (Enyimba FC); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Obafemi Martins (Seattle Sounders, USA); Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City, England)

source:http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/oliseh-releases-full-squad-list-for.html

SO SHOW ME SOLOMON KWAMBE NAME FOR THEIR.

You just woke up and just concluded Musa Mohammed is our best choice for Right Back.

We have options aplenty at right back: Balogun, Ambrose, Shehu, Odubanjo. All of whom I feel are ahead of Musa Mohammed.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 10:22am On Mar 03, 2016
The two goals conceded by nigeria in the friendly in Belgium against congo was purely shehu abdullahi's fault. He his better off a DMF and not a RB. So should not be considered a RB for the Eagles. We ve better choices in dat position home n abroad.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:57am On Mar 03, 2016
zoboizee:
The two goals conceded by nigeria in the friendly in Belgium against congo was purely shehu abdullahi's fault. He his better off a DMF and not a RB. So should not be considered a RB for the Eagles. We ve better choices in dat position home n abroad.

Abdulahi Shehu played as a defender at the 2013 FIFA U20 WC. Keshi played him as DMF at the 2014 CHAN. He also currently plays as a Midfielder in his Portuguese club. So it means he can play both in the Midfield and defense.

Pls can u enlighten us on how the 2 goals were his fault?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 11:50am On Mar 03, 2016
We've been talking about Leon Balogun so much on the U23 Olympic thread. Unless he is taken as 1 of the overaged players he wont be on the team

see this miss by one player (Kingsley Ehizibue ) who should make the team

http://www.soccerassembly.com/popularside/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
Pavarotti:
We've been talking about Leon Balogun so much on the U23 Olympic thread. Unless he is taken as 1 of the overaged players he wont be on the team

see this miss by one player (Kingsley Ehizibue ) who should make the team

http://www.soccerassembly.com/popularside/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17

I hope Ehizibue makes the team. I feel he is ahead of Musa Muhammad at the moment in terms of development.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
Whilst Ambrose or shehu can play right back, it is always best to play a right back that does it weekly at Club level. Ambrose is prone to a lack of concentration, particularly at right back.

Musa Muhammad is not yet super Eagles level. He is yet to break into the first team of a modest club.

At under 23, I hope Siasia considers Ehizibue, I rate him very highly.

NFF need a scouting team, it will be hurtful if Germany cap Ehizibue.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
or even Holland Tbaba . . .he holds Dutch citizenship as well
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
Icon4s:

Do u know Efe started as a centre back for the Super Eagles during Siasia's first tenure and was converted to right back by Keshi when we lacked a quality Right back.

Do you know Efe Ambrose was in the CAF11 of the 2013 AFCON? Source:http://thenet.ng/2013/02/afcon-2013-mikel-enyeama-others-make-cafs-best-xi/

Efe Ambrose has been adjudged by numerous sports analyst to be among the best Nigerian players that have ever played that Right back.

Musa Mohammed our best set-piece taker? shocked Has he even played for the national team that you conclude he is our best set-piece taker?
I know you are making reference to his performance at U17 level. Has he been taking those set-pieces at his club?

Efe is inconsistent especially at fullback. U are forgeting that Musa was the highest goal scorer at the ayc almost all from set-pieces also at the super six.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
Icon4s:

Efe was great at the nations cup but since then , his performances at right back leave a lot to be desired. He loses concentration and puts the team in trouble. We need a natural right back.

I do not think the Musa is ready either, he needs to be showing something at club level.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by chrisooblog: 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
hi house thumbs up for keeping here lively smiley

on musa like icon4 said he's talented but not yet super eagles level hopefully sia1 can bring the best out of him in the u23s.

on the issue of the right back position don't know why we have suffered so much in producing decent ones. chidi odiah is the only proper one i remember us having the rest were either makeshift (ambrose, balogun, shedu abdullahi, yobo) or absolute clowns (yusuf mohamed, mobi oparaku)

for the final camping hope they call up nwobodo boy gats SKILLS! saw him play for rangers against kano pillars. best player on the pitch by a mile

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
chrisooblog:

on musa like icon4 said he's talented but not yet super eagles level hopefully sia1 can bring the best out of him in the u23s.

on the issue of the right back position don't know why we have suffered so much in producing decent ones. chidi odiah is the only proper one i remember us having the rest were either makeshift (ambrose, balogun, shedu abdullahi, yobo) or absolute clowns (yusuf mohamed, mobi oparaku)

for the final camping hope they call up nwobodo boy gats SKILLS! saw him play for rangers against kano pillars. best player on the pitch by a mile

How can you call Mobi an absolute clown? That guy had some fine games for us. Definitely the most mobile and skillful rightback we ever had.

I still remember his combos with Tijani at Atlanta.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
chrisooblog:

I liked Mobi Oparaku, he was unlucky with injuries . Japan 93 and Atlanta 96 hero.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

He is not the best option... Ehizibue plays regularly at right back for PEC Zwolle in the Dutch top division.
[b][size=14pt]
Miss of the century? PEC Zwolle defender Kingsley Ehizibue misses open goal from ONE INCH out
17 Feb 2016
By Richard Innes
[/size]

You know when commentators react to a missed opportunity by excitedly screaming, "It was easier to score from there"? Most of the time, that's a dramatic exaggeration.

In the case of the miss you can see above, it is actually an understatement.

Take a look at the clip and, like us, you will be left baffled. How does PEC Zwolle defender Kingsley Ehizibue manage to NOT score?

The footage comes from Zwolle's Eredivisie match against Feyenoord. In the 88th minute, with his team 2-1 up, Ehizibue finds himself with an open goal. He is - quite literally - ON the goaline. He could breathe on the ball and it would go in.

Yes that really is the ball. And yes, he really did miss

And yet somehow, he missed.

You'll have to watch the video to truly understand the horror of the howler.

However, perhaps the most remarkable element of this story is that Ehizibue somehow managed to score a few minutes later, making it 3-1 in injury time.

If we had been responsible for a miss this catastrophic, we would have immediately walked off the pitch and never returned - so fair play to Ehizibue for soldering on.

Well played, sir.
[img]http://i./lI6nHr5hWXlu0.gif[/img]
Is this the worst miss of all time?
See others below:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57pbOGlruJ8&ebc=ANyPxKqgLziZQhqXEPI_nXCGblEWXvNdsp5SnCJ2hwO6fe--CuRhKkywcAsJCSdc3O9s1fI5oknK8FI5xpm2z2eRZYADbXJ9Wg
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by chrisooblog: 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2016
he only performed in age grade competitions where he could bully his younger ones grin tell me how did he fare in france 98?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

He is not the best option... Ehizibue plays regularly at right back for PEC Zwolle in the Dutch top division.
[size=14pt]
Kingsley Ehizibue (born 25 May 1995) is a German-born Nigerian footballer who plays as a right back for PEC Zwolle. He also holds Dutch citizenship.
[/size]

Any hope for us again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.