Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700057 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:14am On Feb 27, 2016
Icon4s:

Ighalo and Rabiu Ibrahim lead d attack. Rabiu Ibrahim undecided

In a 4-2-3-1 formation Rabiu Ibrahim will play behind Ighalo.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:18am On Feb 27, 2016
forgiveness:

In a 4-2-3-1 formation Rabiu Ibrahim will play behind Ighalo.

We have better options of attacking players hu can play behind Ighalo.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 6:24am On Feb 27, 2016
Icon4s:

We have better options of attacking players hu can play behind Ighalo.

Who?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 8:53am On Feb 27, 2016
I will pick Babatunde micheal ahead of Rabiu ibrahim anyday. To me, Azubiuke okechukwu is faster, better & more useful in defensive /attacking midfield than Onazi. Super Eagles build up is usually too slow in the middle due to lack of players with vision, skill and creativity. we need better passer of the ball. Onazi misplaced his passes a lot.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:37am On Feb 27, 2016
forgiveness:

Who?

Ahmed Musa, Sonne Aluko, even Silvester Igboun. Iheanacho and Iwobi are also coming up.

Oga forgiveness ur choices of players though. undecided

Pls permit me to terminate this argument so as nt to derail this thread. We can continue in that argument on the Super Eagles thread if u so wish.Thanks for understanding.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:47am On Feb 27, 2016
Icon4s:

Ahmed Musa, Sonne Aluko, even Silvester Igboun. Iheanacho and Iwobi are also coming up.

Pls permit me to terminate this argument so as nt to derail this thread. We can continue in that argument on the Super Eagles thread if u so wish.Thanks for understanding.

Ok na.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:51am On Feb 27, 2016
zoboizee:
I will pick Babatunde micheal ahead of Rabiu ibrahim anyday. To me, Azubiuke okechukwu is faster, better & more useful in defensive /attacking midfield than Onazi. Super Eagles build up is usually too slow in the middle due to lack of players with vision, skill and creativity. we need better passer of the ball. Onazi misplaced his passes a lot.

Una don come again oooo! Babatunde micheal ahead of Rabiu ibrahim? For where! Azubuike Okechukwu better and more useful than Onazi! shocked grin it's a free world afterall.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:31am On Feb 27, 2016
I wish to see Babatunde Michael and Sone Aluko back in the Super Eagles.
Am not too sure about Sone's current form though.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
Icon4s:

Iheanacho and Success likely to b with the Super Eagles. Awaziem and Odubanjo deserve a callup.

We want to believe this is jst first of d many friendlies to come. So lets jst wait and see.

You guys keep forgetting Juwon Oshaniwa. He is someone who deserves a call up because of his consistent performances for club and country. I will take him any day over Echiejile.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
terzurum5:
I wish to see Babatunde Michael and Sone Aluko back in the Super Eagles.
Am not too sure about Sone's current form though.

I agree Sone Aluko deserves a call up too.

I will like to see what Coach Siasia does with Mikel.

If Enyeama will like to return, I say we give him a chance. He is one of the true heroes of the Super Eagles, he is still in form and he deservers a better farewell than what he got from Oliseh.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
forgiveness:

Una don come again oooo! Babatunde micheal ahead of Rabiu ibrahim? For where! Azubuike Okechukwu better and more useful than Onazi! shocked grin it's a free world afterall.

I will take Michael Babatunde ahead of Rabiu Ibrahim because Babatunde had more good games for the Super Eagles than I can remember of Rabiu.

But, Aluko takes it for me. The guy is creative and explosive when he wears the green white green.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
Icon4s:

I did not see your termination post. I would not post again on the topic except on the other thread.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I will take Michael Babatunde ahead of Rabiu Ibrahim because Babatunde had more good games for the Super Eagles than I can remember if Rabiu.

But, Aluko takes it for me. The guy is creative and explosive when he wears the green white green.

How many times did he have good game? How many game time did Aluko have this season?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
[size=14pt]
Nigeria U23 skipper says Turkish club back on track
[/size]
Nigeria U23 captain Azubuike Okechukwu has revealed that Yeni Malatyaspor's victory over table toppers Karabukspor was the turning point the team needed and so it was not surprising they subsequently hammered hosts Elazigspor 3-0.

"The Kardemir Karabükspor match was the turning point we needed. After that we will continue on our way to winning more matches," Okechukwu said.

Sunday Mba netted a brace in the game against Elazigspor with fellow Nigeria stars Okechuwkwu and George Akpabio also involved.

The Turkish second division clubs are now seven points clear of the relegation pack after a difficult start to the season.
http://africanfootball.com/news/614382/Nigeria-U23-skipper-says-Turkish-club-back-on-track

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Belgium-based Onyekuru wants Rio Olympics chance
[/size]

Onyekuru in action in Belgium

AS Eupen of Belgium striker Henry Chukwuemeka Onyekuru has said he looks forward to representing Nigeria at the Rio Olympics this summer.

Onyekuru, who played non-league football with Real United, BRF Academy and Weekend Soccer Academy (All in Lagos) before he left for the Aspire Academy, said he believes he has all it takes to play for Nigeria and will be glad if given the chance.

"My dream has been to play for Nigeria. I will be 19 years in June, I won't mind getting a chance with the U23 team,” he offered.

"I believe in myself and I am sure if given the chance I won't disappoint. I will be glad if I am honoured with the chance."

He has scored four goals in 13 league games this season for AS Eupen, who are fifth on the Belgian second division table with 42 points from 25 matches.
http://africanfootball.com/news/614379/Belgium-based-Onyekuru-wants-Rio-Olympics-chance
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
forgiveness:

How many times did he have good game? How game time does Aluko have this season?

As long as he started recent games, then Aluko is okay. Look at Mikel who played little to no games this season. Guus Hiddink came in and Mikel became a regular and a good performing player. So how many games this season does not count.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As long as he started recent games, then Aluko is okay. Look at Mikel who played little to no games this season. Guus Hiddink came in and Mikel became a regular and a good performing player. So how many games this season does not count.

Ok na, so, we can as well bring Joel obi na, since game time does not count.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
forgiveness:

Ok na, so, we can as well bring Joel obi na, since game time does not count.

Bros lets go discusd this at the Super Eagles thread. Waiting to have ur time their. wink
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
Icon4s:

Bros lets go discusd this at the Super Eagles thread. Waiting to have ur time their. wink

Ok na!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2016
[size=14pt]
I Will Love To Play at the Olympics – Odion Ighalo
[/size]
Odion Ighalo, Watford FC of England and Super Eagles star striker has disclosed that he would be happy to play at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

“I don’t know what to say about that for now. Olympics is still far; I think about six months or so,” he told TheCable on phone on Saturday. “Pretty early to be preempting what the coach has in mind. I am sure that he’ll be interested in getting his team in place first for now. “When it’s time for that, I am sure the coach will decide. The dream of every player is to play in the Olympics as well as the World Cup; I will love to play at the Olympics.
www.thebreakingtimes.com/i-will-love-to-play-at-the-olympics-odion-ighalo/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Man City must follow Kiev blueprint to beat Liverpool - Iheanacho
[/size]

By Sam Lee

The 19-year-old believes the Blues can get the better of Jurgen Klopp's men if they repeat the performance that provided a resounding 3-1 victory in Ukraine in midweek

Nigeria striker Kelechi Iheanachobelieves Manchester Citywill beat Liverpool in the League Cup final if they can repeat their midweek Champions League heroics.

City put in one of their finest performances of the season as they beat Dynamo Kiev 3-1 in Ukraine to move one step closer to the competition's quarter-finals for the first time in their history.

Iheanacho, who made his European debut late in the match having been registered for Uefa competitions at the start of February, says following the same blueprint will give City the best chance of victory at Wembley.

"I think we need to put that performance [in again] because we really did well," he told reporters. "We really bring out our best and play good football so we need to show the same desire.

"It reflects on the loss we have against Chelsea in the FA Cup so I think we did very well on Wednesday. Everyone came out to play and did his 100 per cent best.

If we reflect that in the final, I think we will win."
www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2920/league-cup/2016/02/27/20764202/-
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
‘I have come up quick’: Nigeria’s Kelechi Iheanacho now Man City’s indispensable Plan B
[/size]
[img]http://www.thenational.ae/storyimage/AB/20160228/ARTICLE/160229143/AR/0/AR-160229143.jpg&MaxW=300&imageVersion=default[/img]
Kelechi Iheanacho has scored nine goals in 23 appearances for Manchester City this season, mostly as a substitute.

By Richard Jolly
It is a high-stakes game against elite opponents. They have already beaten Manchester City4-1 once this season. They are a goal ahead in the rematch.

Manuel Pellegrini turns to his bench in his search for a rescuer. He introduces Kelechi Iheanacho. A matter of minutes later, the teenager rifles in an unstoppable shot.

It is a plausible script for the League Cup final at Wembley on Sunday. It actually happened two weeks ago. Tottenham Hotspur eventually beat City but only after an influential intervention from Iheanacho.

Now Liverpool should be wary of Pellegrini’s impact substitute.

“If I start it is fine but if I am a substitute I will just wait to get a go,” said the striker. The 19-year-old Nigerian is at such an embryonic stage in his career where being involved in a final, even as a replacement, is a sign of swift progress. “I have come up quick,” he said.

He only debuted in August. September’s winner at Crystal Palace meant he struck two minutes into his first-team career.

It has only incorporated seven starts but he has nine goals already.

“I am pleased,” he said. “I am happy scoring a few goals.”
Those first nine have come with the promise of many more in the future. Iheanacho, acquired in January 2014, is the first product of City’s revamped academy to break through into the senior squad on a regular basis. “It is the right decision coming here,” said a player who was also coveted by Porto after he was the outstanding footballer in the 2013 Under-17 World Cup in Abu Dhabi.

His status is almost growing by the game. After his goal against Tottenham, the best defence he has pierced so far, he formed the senior member of a strike duo in the weakened team that lost 5-1 to Chelsea in the FA Cup, setting up David Faupala’s goal. Then came a Champions League bow in the closing minutes of the 3-1 win over Dynamo Kiev. He was ineligible in autumn but promoted to the squad registered, at Samir Nasri’s expense.

“It was very important to make my debut in the Champions League,” he said. Of more immediate encouragement, ahead of Sunday’s assignment at Wembley, it was arguably City’s best display of the season.

“We need to put that performance [in again] because we really did well,” Iheanacho added. “We need to show the same desire. We did very well. Everyone did his 100 per cent best. If we reflect that in the final, I think we will win.”

His confidence is mirrored in Manuel Pellegrini’s belief in him. The City manager can be reluctant to select youngsters but allowed Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic to leave, replacing neither, as he gave Iheanacho the chance to advance.

“To not sign another striker and to believe and trust in me, I am very happy to hear that from the boss,” he said. “So I need to give him the best.”

He could be partnered by the best. If Iheanacho understudies the most potent forward in the Premier League, in Sergio Aguero, he believes he is not simply a deputy, but a potential sidekick.

The Nigerian has the physique of a forward and the touch of a flair player. He has an enviable goalscoring record and the capacity to create. It equips him to play as a No 10 in support of Aguero.

“Playing alongside him is a very good experience for me and I will fit in in that role,” he said. “I am learning a lot from him. Watching him every day and playing alongside him is a great privilege.”

Perhaps in years to come a younger generation of forwards will be saying the same about Iheanacho.

In the meantime, Liverpool have to be on their guard. Iheanacho has graduated from the ranks of an unknown to become Pellegrini’s Plan B.

He is the man who will be summoned at the sight of trouble, and who causes it.
m.thenational.ae/sport/manchester-city/i-have-come-up-quick-nigerias-kelechi-iheanacho-now-man-citys-indispensable-plan-b
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:55am On Feb 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria International Friendlies Brazil
Olayinka thrilled he snubbed Albania after Nigeria U23 call-up
[/size]
Gent striker Peter Olayinka has welcomed his invitation by Nigeria U23s, saying he is delighted now that he passed on a chance to play international football with Albania.

Olayinka is one of 21 foreign pros called up by Nigeria’s Olympic team for a friendly against Rio Olympics hosts Brazil next month.

And the 20-year-old lanky striker said his patience to wait for his chance with Nigeria has begun to reap dividends.

"I feel so excited to get a call up to play for Nigeria U23 national team,” he celebrated.

"I know I will get chance with Nigeria and I am happy I didn't regret my decision not to play for Albania national team when I had the chance."

Olayinka added: “I will put in my best to show that I am equal to the task. I will do my best to show that I justify the invitation. I will give 100%."
africanfootball.com//news/614803/Olayinka-thrilled-he-snubbed-Albania-after-Nigeria-U23-call-up
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by comodo: 10:02am On Feb 28, 2016
tbaba1234:
Why is Isaac Success not on the list?
Bros success & Nacho are likely to be included in Egypt game.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Ginwine1234: 10:17am On Feb 28, 2016
Are you a freak of sports

Do you like to make money

Get in here and make your cash quick

*y* Daily matches - C00331CCA

*y* Fixed matches details - C00331CCA

*y* Online sport betting- C00331CCA

*y* Matches fixture and results - C00331CCA

Hook up - C003F50BE

Sugar daddy and mummy - C003F50BE
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Alex Iwobi Starts On Bench For Arsenal; Tosin Kehinde Not Involved For Manchester United
[/size]

Alex Iwobi is in the frame to play his first competitive game against English Premiership giants Manchester United on Sunday.

The Dream Team VI invitee has been included in Arsenal’s 18-man squad for the trip to Old Trafford, a game which corresponds to the 27th round of matches in the top-flight.

If you include today’s game against Manchester United into the mix, Iwobi has made the Gunners 18-man squad for EPL games 12 times this season and has featured four times off the bench.

As for Manchester United, the highly-rated youngster Tosin Kehinde is not on the team sheet though he has been registered for the Premier League as an Under 21 player.

Manchester United Starting XI: De Gea; Varela, Carrick, Blind, Rojo; Schneiderlin, Herrera; Lingard, Mata, Memphis; Rashford.
Substitutes: Romero, McNair, Riley, Fosu-Mensah, Weir, Januzaj, A.Pereira.

Arsenal Starting XI: Cech; Bellerin, Koscienly, Gabriel, Monreal; Coquelin, Ramsey, Walcott; Ozil, Sanchez, Welbeck
Substitutes: Ospina, Mertesacker,Gibbs, Elneny,Campbell,Iwobi, Giroud
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18067
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Dele Alampasu : Dream Team Can Beat Brazil
[/size]

CD Feirense netminder Dele Alampasu did not mince his words when asked about the possibility of the Nigeria U23s beating their Brazilian counterparts on their home soil when both teams face off in an international friendly on March 24.

At this very moment, Alampasu’s Portuguese club have the final word whether or not the teenager would be allowed to make the journey to Espirito Santo as the Nigeria Football Federation has not officially contacted his European team about his invitation.

On top of that, it is thought that some European clubs may not release the international players in their ranks as a result of the Zika virus outbreak, with South Korean, English and Dutch FAs declining an invitation from theConfederação Brasileira de Futebol for a friendly.

“In football now anything can happen, so we can go there with God favour’sand win the game, ” Dele Alampasu told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I worked with the interim coach of the Under 23s, Fatai Amao, few weeks before the Under 20 World Cup. I think everything is in control by God’s grace.”

Alampasu has made CD Feirense’s 18-man squad for Segunda Liga matches seven times this season, and kept two clean sheets in the League Cup in his first games as a professional.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18064
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian Exports: John Akinde Shines For Barnet; Emmanuel Osadebe Nets Consolation; Hakeem Araba Grabs Last-gasp Equalizer
[/size]

John Akindewas on target and set up a goal as Barnet came from two goals down to share the spoils with Accrington Stanley on match day 33 in the English League Two on Saturday.

On 79 minutes, Luke Gambin converted Akinde’s right sided cross to bring the scoreline to 2-1 before the the Anglo-Nigerian restored parity two minutes from time with a header off the under side of the bar, from Randall’s free kick.

The Gravesend-born striker has notched 12 goals (8 assists) in the fourth-tier of English football in the ongoing season from 29 appearances.

One flight up,Emmanuel Osadebe netted a consolation in the 80th minute as promotion-chasing Gillingham fell 2-1 at home to Gboly Ariyibi’ss Chesterfield.

In Sweden, Falkenberg were held to a 1-1 draw by Varberg in the Svenska Cup, withHakeem Araba equalizing for the homers in the fifth minute of second-half stoppage time.

In their next game in the competition, Araba and his teammates will lock horns with Dickson Etuhu’s AIK Stockholm on March 5.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18061
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Iwobi in for Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
Mikel Obi's first major trophy for Chelsea FC was an English carling cup (now capital one cup).

Kelechi Iheanacho's first major trophy with Man City is an English capital one cup (formerly carling cup).

Congrats Nacho. This is the start of a potentially super colorful and hugely trophy-laden career.

Hopefully, you win many more major titles/trophies to match or maybe surpass the "elite achievers" from the African Continent such as Samuel Eto'o fils, Kanu Nwankwo, Didier Drogba, John Mikel Obi, Seydou Keita, and Yaya Toure.

Keep "Working hard" buddy. This is only the beginning of many more to come.

And hey! Congrats Sir TheGoodJoe (Die-hard Cityzen)....... #smiles

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Mikel Obi's first major trophy for Chelsea FC was an English carling cup (now capital one cup).

Kelechi Iheanacho's first major trophy with Man City is an English capital one cup (formerly carling cup).

Congrats Nacho. This is the start of a potentially super colorful and hugely trophy-laden career.

Hopefully, you win many more major titles/trophies to match or maybe surpass the "elite achievers" from the African Continent such as Samuel Eto'o fils, Kanu Nwankwo, Didier Drogba, John Mikel Obi, Seydou Keita, and Yaya Toure.

Keep "Working hard" buddy. This is only the beginning of many more to come.

And hey! Congrats Sir TheGoodJoe (Die-hard Cityzen)....... #smiles

It was a good day for the Cityzens and even a bigger day for Kelechi Iheanacho. I wished he got a chance to play in the Wembley finals but it was still good the young man bagged his first trophy in senior professional football.

He got a big lesson from his big brother Yaya Toure who worked tirelessly all through the game. That is something Nacho should not forget. The feeling of victory after a well fought battle.

Nice seeing Bony and Nacho holding the Capital One cup winners banner together. A sign of how far African football have come.

Congrats to all Cityzens, Caballero for his brilliant goalkeeping efforts and Coach Pellegrini who leaves us at the end of the Cityzen.

Come On Cityzens, Come on Nacho. Let us end this season with a bang. Do it for Pellegrini.

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.